Life's short and there are lots of anime to watch. What's your play speeds bros? For me it's 2x for long shows, 1...

Life's short and there are lots of anime to watch. What's your play speeds bros? For me it's 2x for long shows, 1.5 for films and 1.20-1.25x for good movies.

1x

1x. You are not meant to experience everything. You might as well watch it normally.

Why would you compromise your entire experience for a meaningless time save?

Just watch shows you actually like, brah.

The Tatami Galaxy on 3x.

Thank me later.

0.75x. I can't keep up with the subs and the image otherwise.

I only look at the screenshots from the episodes to complete them.

I watch Teeyuu at 1.1x.

Boku no Pico on .25x

I watch two episodes at once on dual monitors, sometimes I open 4 windows on each monitor and watch 8 eps at a time.

Those "Simpson at 1.4" videos got me watching shit sped up. But I do 1.2 for slower moving animu and 1 If shit is going on.

.5x

I'm trying to learn Japanese before I move to Japan after I graduate high school next year.

Report speed

What kind of fucker watches anime on fast forward?

If you fuckers think your time is so valuable, why are you on Sup Forums?

1x, but I skip through the episode to save time.

Is there a way to speed up stuff on KCP without it sounding like chipmunks?

Take your extreme autism back to /r9k/. This is a normal autism zone

This.

This.

Jesus fucking christ

2x for shit anime watching two at the same time
1.5x for movies while shitposting
1x for films making notes
0.5 for kino rewatching it at least twice, first upside down, second with the eyes closed and on mute
I've been trying to develop a new formula to find the best way to watch a motion picture, and it's like speed = sen(time)^-q, in which q is a coefficient related to the quality of the director.

I love this thread.

What a weeb.

0,75x for dubs too since my english isn't that well

I watch monogatari on 2x and slow down to 1.5x on best girl scenes

and this

I installed a toilet in my bedroom along with a stove so i can eat and shit while doing my daily rewatch of one piece at 0.5 times speed

1.2x if it's some standard trash like anime or a cop procedural.

1.1x if it's something I like but I don't want to waste time.

1x if I'm watching kino.

I fast forward through most scenes. I once watched LoGH in 56 seconds

Because humans are social creatures and anonymous image boards are the only way we can reach our social interaction quota so we don't kill ourselves

(You)

But I am not here to make friends.

>not just reading summaries

I calculate the speed with this formula:

1 + (( 9 - [MAL score]) / 10 ) * ( [runtime]/90 )

1x for most at first, 2x if I feel like I get stuck watching something boring.

I like to turn my monitor away from me then play Antz on 3x speed while I watch anime on my ipad mini at 2.3x speed since im so busy, this is while the monitor is hooked up to the speakers in the kitchen, my mom loves hearing the Antz movie while making me chicken tendies

So this just confirms that no one on Sup Forums actually likes watching anime, right?

Fucking pleb
The real formula is speed = (MAL rating) ^ -(length of film * time pf day)

the absolute madman

>not watching Teekyuu at 2.0x.

That violates the theory of relativity.

AND ALL OF MY SORROW

We like anime too much, but we're busy people, you know.

1x for shows I like
1.5x for shows I don't like
2x for shows especially boring like Hyouka

Speak for yourself, faggot.

Motion Picture 2.75
Feature 2.5
Photoplay 2
Joint 1.8
Flick 1.5
Movie 1.2
Film 1
Cinerama 0.98
Cinema 0.9
Cinématographe 0.7
Kinography 0.4
кiнeмaтoгpaф 0.0125

>Not using Einstein's formula

(MAL score) = episodes × (playback speed)^2

Fuck off.

I watch mine at 2.5x for maximum efficiency, but I understand that it takes a while to work up to that so I don't judge others who watch it slower.

Normal speed.
I mapped 2 sec skip though for the 'longer than needed' speeches.

>Life's short
Life is too long.

>watching anime
Fuck off, plebs.

If you liked it, you wouldn't make the entire experience worse just to save an inconsequential amount of time.

Just don't be a goddamn spaz and enjoy the shows you like to their full extent when you have time to sit back and relax.

I finished my backlog years ago. I mostly rewatch the anime I loved from years ago now.

What speed do you shitpost at? For me it's:

Memes 1.5
Antisemitism: 1.2
Racism 1
Bait .8

I had a long talk with my friends and we agree that to best save time, you watch 13 ep anime at 2x speed and 26 ep anime at 4x speed. We can speed read just fine and we get the gist of the story by asking my good friends on MAL

please tell me this a joke

You're free to kill yourself.

0.5 i can't spell english very well

I can't.
My body asks me for far more anime energy than what can be provided by watching one episode per 20~ minutes.

1x usually.

If it's something I really don't like and just want to finish as soon as possible, I may skip between 1.1x and up to 1.5x.
But even bad, boring anime is USUALLY seen at regular speed, it's just sometimes I remember I can actually speed it up

My train ride takes 25 minutes, sometimes I'll watch at 1.1x just so I can comfortably fit one anime episode into the trip without having to worrying about watching the last part while walking off the train.

Watching anime isn't going to help you compared to actually studying.

Does anybody watch 2 anime on separate monitors? It helps me a lot.

I turn off all the lights, mute the audio, turn off the colors, slow it down to 0.0100x. Reading the lips you can truly hear there voice and understand there character. You let each frame burn into your mind, while this is happening I lightly touch myself, craddling my balls like the director would want. I then close my eyes, bite my lip ever so softly, imaging the rich dialouge enter my brain. Light stroking the shaft as each scene changes. Once it's over I sit in silence and let the ànimē I just saw wash over me.

I watched Votoms, Zeta Gundam, and the second half of Texhnolyze on 2.0x speed.
I watched episodes 30-51 of FMA (2003) on 2.55x speed and subbed instead of dubbed.

10x while watching 2 anime at the same time with euro beat playing in the background

speed-watching: the thread
oh (You)

I actually watch it stopframe so I can appreciate the intricate art of every image.

>Being such an autistic fuck that you can't even watch t.v. normally.

I've tried to watch two anime at the same time on the same monitor. It doesn't really work for me, the constant switching between two different anime ruins both, and I can't comfortably keep track of them.
Maybe it works for something really slow paced, but for what I've tried, it doesn't really work, at all.

I don't really watch anime anymore

I like to take crack when i watch anime so I sit back in my vibrating chair and blast it at 1440x speed so i can finish entire seasons in around 1 second. The crack helps slow down time so i can experience anime at a normal speed even though an outside observer would only see 1 second of it

Now that I got a job and don't have any free time I watch all my anime 2x while asleep.

>Having ADHD

I am meth addict lad

This sounds amazing in theory.

Are you dumb?

1x, but I use ctrl + > on boring parts
i can finish an episode in less than 10 minutes

>b-but I really do enjoy watching anime!

If you have to speed up the video to get through your cartoons, look for another hobby.

Its not really good listening practice when everything is slowed down.

Why?
This thread is fun.

What? You dont like watching your lie in april at 0.63675 speed?

reddit

Why not.

1.0. I just don't watch shows I don't think are worth my time.

>innocent anons who think this thread is serious
>anons who will then reply to this post with ">I was only pretending to be retarded"

Anime as a hobby is about more than just watching cartoons. It's also the lore surrounding anime as a whole. Influences between different series, evolution of genres, the different directors, animators, techniques, the fan culture surrounding it, and more. You can be really into all this, and then watching anime you don't like is a great way to experience the lore of the medium and feel the experiences of the past.

Not with those fucking replies, but let's see if it is fun enough for them to ignore the roulette

>Chinese cartoon

Anime is made by japs dipshit

bad post. very try hard and not funny

Rikka get

Then you should be trying to pull yourself out of the gutter not watching and arguing about fucking gook cartoons. Or just smoke weed you loser. Meth is a shit tier drug.

I unironically do watch most anime at 1.2x though.

There's no reason not to, unless you can't read at a highschool level that is.

>tfw don't know or give a fuck about the shows Sup Forums talks about
>tfw couldn't care less about the popular shows right now
>tfw used to pick up 10+ shows but now only two per season tops
>tfw don't even watch old shows that often anymore

The fun part is trying to tell apart the serious replies.

And some inspiring posts like this one