Are thinkers like Peterson...

Are thinkers like Peterson, Jung and the others on to what could be called a reformed "Objective Christianity" (or to be more broad; "Objective Spirituality")?

A final consolidation of the cognitive dissonance experienced in the last 500 or so years of human history that pitted science against religion...
In so far as science objectively is a brilliant tool for getting solid answers about not only the dead reality of things, but also making things that undeniably work (e.g. computers, software, algorithms).
But that religion is fundamentally describing the personality of the world and the collective individual in a way Science simply isn't equipped to do because of it's microcosmic obsession with detail.

It's like zooming into a painting to really build detail vs observing the entire thing, what it represents and what it's meanings are worth / can do for you...
Same environment, different approaches.

... Can we make a new supermeme from this?

Don't compare Peterson to Jung. Peterson is a hypocrit and a coward

This is the kind of shit I can get behind. Christian atheists and objective Christians should stick together. I think his talk with Brett Weinstein on Joe Rogan’s show has a few gems that are easily memeable. Especially the part about science being about facts and religion about truth and that truth is not always a fact.

K, whatever.
I don't care anything about the body.

I care about the real thing the two of them are trying to describe.

The full universe in all its glory.

From the quantum foam and fundamental forces that crush nature into existence, to the full and total picture that is the personality of the entire structure and how to live (successfully) inside it (whilst also being made of it).

pseudo intellectual garbage. You have no idea what you're talking about.

you dont think quantum foam is a thing? are you a scientist?

this

Science was never pitted against religion. It was pitted against Christianity, if that, because Christianity is willful cognitive dissonance and came to pit itself against science. Science can let this go, Christians are the ones being assholes about it.

MOTHER

FUCKKKER

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE AN ANTI-WHITE KEK LIKE PETERSON TO JUNG! FUCKING KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF

YOU PETERSON PR KIKE!

"All my friends are Jews" - Peterson

>"Objective Christianity"
there is no such thing. Christianity is literally the worship of Christ. You can say that the teachings of Christ are good, but you are still are making Christ the object of your "spirituality".

>The full universe in all its glory.
you will see it when you die.

Life is just a progression of learning that doesn't mean anything when you die. Or maybe it does, that's religion. It's on you to figure it out

Sup Forums is probably the wrong board to ask, it's been infested with brainlets for years now.

I'm quite sure i have a rather good grasp of what i'm talking about, because i make damn sure i'm able to articulate my ideas in as high a resolution as possible.

And my idea, as far as this thread has its context, is that science and religion are two useful but incomplete aspects of a full and true understanding of the universe that we can take advantage of.

This means a self-improving doctrine of understanding the cold dead aspects of the universe (the quantum, the atomic and chemical-biological world in all its maddening complexity, all the way up to STEM-field level lucrative and productive forms of living your life) AND the spiritually nourishing world of understanding the universe through metaphysics and comprehending meta-reality, which is a much messier and muddy journey wherein the goal is something like trying to formulate a 'holy' reason for doing those aforementioned scientific STEM-field things that ascends us all a little bit higher than pathetic base pandering to our nastiest mental aspects, or even just benign shit like "let's see how far we can take this shit because why the fuck not" (e.g. facebook fucking with people on a social level never before observed in humanity / google cunting about with metadata to know everything about everyone / making censorship AI that hold the political beliefs of the people making it).

Then BE christian, and change.

Christians are not a solid block of material.
They're everyone who is christian, which includes anyone who wants to enter the 'flock' (as they call it) and change minds.

Then objective spirituality.

>you will see it when you die.
not good enough.
Not even close.

I'm not waiting around on this earth with my fingers crossed, marinating my entire life in the dilute hope that some benevolent creature will just give me everything i want at the very end for the righteous deed of being a do-nothing think-nothing piece of old grey shit?

Please...

All those words and you've still said nothing. You are not intelligent

If you're unable to comprehend the English language, then i'm just not sure what i can do for you friend.

I wish i could help you, but if you can't comprehend the meaning of words then you're just a lost soul...
I'm not even saying what it is i'm saying is particularly profound, and i'm not sure how much simpler i can make it...

Don't get passive aggressive with me simply because I am able to spot unintelligent people. You are all fluff and no substance. You have no point because you don't actually understand

And you can make such a declaration as someone who DOES understand?

Bump bong. You are doing a great job.

Materialism has failed. Capitalism produces consumeristic idiots and underhanded immoral merchants. Communism took it the wrong way, they kept the materialism while removing the cold cruel reason of capitalism. Those are two ends of a materialistic spectrum and you will find no peace in either. Nor will you find peace in between.

The whole generation of lobotomised millennial zombies felt that pain but threw themselves behind false prophet of social justice and ideology to fill the jarring spiritual void.

Without spirituality we are nothing. As a self contained materialistic being without transcendence you’ll find no peace.

Come on. Slide this thread Mutt. Call Peterson whatever, go back to your hopeless nihily.

bump because i like peterson and jung threads

I'm thinking you've watched a video on Deepak Chopra, and now you're on high alert to anyone or anything that mentions the word "quantum" within 600 memetic miles of anything spiritual.

Yes.

In a world where even the poorest slob in the west can literally eat and/or drink themselves to death in spite of our sizeable life extending medical advancements, this age requires self understanding and self containment more than at any point in history.

We've created an environment our instincts are severely ill equipped to function lastingly within.

We need a world where we can not only be productive scientifically, but also maintain ourselves using spirituality to identify sin (anything that fucks us up in the short or long run/if indulged in excessively) and steel ourselves against it.

The age of this flabby, millennial soy-saturated nihilism has to end.

Hopes man. We are literally paralysed to act and call out bullshit cause there are no values to back it up.
There is only consensus, whatever is good for business is the new religion enforced by the media and radicals.
Ill health is good as long as pharma profits.
Disconnection is good for media and the entertainment industry both profit.
Importing 3rd world migrants is great. It kills both indigenous culture and drives the price of labour down.
With no culture one will swallow all that mass media pumps out.
Family is bad for family lowers spending.
War is good for the industrial military concern.
Unjust laws are great for private prison system.

This has to stop but we need values s to rally behind. Values that can not be smeared, values that are transcendent.

Ignore the amer*mutt man. He is either trolling or a 500 IQ Rick and Morty fan.
Godspeed you and your thread.

We do need values.

But values need minds to live in.

Yeah. Apparently you need to be at least 53% white to even perceive values.

>criticizes somebody smarter than him
>doesn't give 1 example of how Peterson is a coward or hypocrite.
Fuck off faggot.

I just listened to this like 10 minutes ago, audiobook from Jung. Syncronicity is real.

He's in the mind of the collective conscious now.

There's no going back.