>StateDep Press Brief (Heather) 11/17/17
youtu.be/aWVeg9dxsmQ

OP pastebin: pastebin.com/nygxu29R
prev

Other urls found in this thread:

mediamatters.org/issues/net-neutrality
unvis.it/mediamatters.org/issues/net-neutrality
fclj.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Tariffing-Internet-Termination.pdf
realclearpolicy.com/articles/2017/05/18/the_ugly_truth_about_obamas_net_neutrality_110247.html
washingtonexaminer.com/soros-ford-foundation-shovel-196-million-to-net-neutrality-groups-staff-to-white-house/article/2560702
youtube.com/watch?v=HN0FFbdWRTA
youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MAGA

BLUMPH

>How does netflix get away with it then?
There is this thing called "peering agreement". It is the arrangement between ISPs to determine how much they have to pay to each other due to the traffic crossing either direction. Imagine ISP1 send 10x traffic to ISP2 and ISP2 sends 6x traffic to ISP1. Instead of each paying the other this amount (and the corresponding amount of taxes over it) they balance the ledger and ISP1 pays only the difference, 4x, to ISP2.

Most don't even bother and make an "even steven" peering agreement on the assumption the traffic crossing in either direction will be roughly the same- It benefits both ISPs because the most peering agreements they make the lower the bill for both will be.
Enters Netflix. Their ISP had all sorts of peering agreements before they became their customer and most of those assumed a traffic roughly in line with the standards of the market, making most of their agreements of the "even steven" variety.

But when Netflix became their customer that assumption went down the drain as the traffic sent by Netflix, given that it is video, dwards any estimate they ever had for that ISP.
Netflix has this arrangement with ISPs where they would put servers inside their networks for their customers, making the experience faster and making the traffic not to cross their boundaries, avoiding peering expenses. Smaller ISPs roll over and host those boxes but others weren't thrilled of giving such a competitive advantage to Netflix for free.
Those who didn't agree demanded Netflix ISP to renegotiate their peering agreements using the real traffic they were generating now and pay for the difference and ***this is the reason people say ISPs want to charge more for Netflix***.

Not because they want to charge more for Netflix itself but because their peering agreement with Netflix ISP was made on the assumption of normal traffic, not video on demand. Sup Forums has nothing to fear about that

Awoo~
>comfy

>Dilbertman says Moore will win

Welcome Senator Jones

Media Matters defending NN, lads!

Are you with them? Mr. David is your friend!

>mediamatters.org/issues/net-neutrality

MAGA

>tfw 5 days of comfy beginning now

FCC thing is going to end up in the court system

unvis.it/mediamatters.org/issues/net-neutrality

So to recap (updated with new link):
>FCC good for licensing, bad for content regulating
>FTC taking over, good for monopoly-breaking
>FTC in charge of splitting content providers from service providers
>DoJ anti-trust head already in place and blocking mergers of this nature
>ISPs want to charge content providers more for using most bandwidth
>Content providers want ISPs to eat the costs
>It will end up on your bill if you use the services, but not if you don't (with NN repealed)
>Removing NN, along with monopoly-breaking, makes it easier for new ISPs to form
>NN gives more power to censor-happy leftists (Google, Netflix, etc.)
>Biggest hurdle to ISP competition is local regulations and red-tape. FIX IT LOCALLY!
>If no company will provide locally, form a town/municipal co-op
>If no money to form co-op check for/apply for grants (public or private)
Recommended reading:
fclj.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Tariffing-Internet-Termination.pdf

realclearpolicy.com/articles/2017/05/18/the_ugly_truth_about_obamas_net_neutrality_110247.html

washingtonexaminer.com/soros-ford-foundation-shovel-196-million-to-net-neutrality-groups-staff-to-white-house/article/2560702

Fucking buzzfeed pretending to be a news organization by reporting on Dems.
Even though they have no choice. Too big of a scoop.

That’s how I eat hot dogs, plain

Don't leave us again

>im working friday

That's because Baboon Mindframe tipped them off

>FCC has been regulating ISPs as an "information service" since 2002
>the good ol' days people talk about were days under FCC regulation
>they want to remove the FCC regulations

refresh pastebin you nigger

Ever check to see if CNN changes their headlines? I find it interesting how they make their (((creative decisions))).

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Cultural Marxism is, in fact, Cultural Deleuzianism-Guattarianism, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Deleuzianism AND Guattarianism. Idpol is not a political philosophy unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning philosophical non-system made useful by the Guattari's schizoanalysis, rhizomes and vital deterritorializing components comprising a full philosophy as defined in 'What Is Philosophy?"

Many left identitarians use a modified version of Deleuzianism every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Deleuzianism which is widely used today is often called 'Cultural Marxism' and credit is given to the Frankfurt School, but many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Deleuzian non-system of difference, developed by the Liberal identitarians.

There really is a 'Cultural Marxism', developed by Adorno, Marcuse, and Walter Benjamin, but these people aren't using it; it isn't a part of the system they use. Deleuze is the philosophy: the difference in the plateaus that allocates the machinic desires against the oppressive totalities and identities that you know. Deleuze is an essential part of Guanttarianist identitarianism, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete liberal college campus. Deleuze is normally used against Frankfurters: Cultural Marxism is actually the whole system of Deleuze and Guattari with the name of Marx added. All the so-called Cultural Marxists are really Cultural Deleuzeans!
youtube.com/watch?v=HN0FFbdWRTA

what a fucking PERV

Goys dont vote against net neutrality! It will hurt our profits.. Er it will cause your bill to go up! We wouldnt dream of upcharging you due to lack of competition!

Please support Net Neutrality™. While you're at it, go out and campaign for Black Lives Matter™, and for saving the Affordable Care Act™ to protect Dreamers™ from deportation. As you can see, these all have nice, agreeable-sounding names, and only the most heartless monster who literally wants to kill millions could be against them. Aren't you compassionate? Don't you trust Science™ and Economics™, my fellow gentiles?

How is NN not a Jewish plot to keep infrastructure monopoly rights in the hands of big business?
Wouldn't the real solution be to prevent Comcast and AT&T from monopolizing network infrastructure, allowing other ISPs to compete?

They are already trying to trigger people.

If Trump kills net neutrality, you've lost Iowa's vote.

We generally only have one ISP in rural parts. They will charge us through the nose for everything knowing that. We won't be able to go on Sup Forums or anywhere without paying money.

Do something. Do it now. Or lose Iowa. Everyone at the University is pissed as fuck. This isn't a debate. It's a demand.

that makegirlsmoe thing isn't working for me, I think

There isnothing wrong with athat though

tl;dr: it's not your ISP trying to charge more for your Netflix consumption (they could change you for the BB if they wanted and some plans like that exists all over the world and even in the US) nor Netflix ISP trying to charge then more for existing.

It's ISPs that had peering agreements with Netflix ISP on the assumption of a certain pattern of traffic (roughly the same in both directions) that want to get Netflix ISP to pony up now that their traffic increased outside the previously agreed boundary

I like plain, or only chili if i have the option.
Brown mustard on brats or sausage.
Ketchup is for plebs.

surprise job opportunity tomorrow, i basically have to teach myself intermediate excel in 1 night. do you guys think I can do it??

Looks like you won't be having a Good Friday.

He's right, the longer a woman goes without having a baby the more she becomes defective

All the signs are there. Net neutrality is a conspiracy by Jews to censor the internet and ban things under "hate speech" and not providing a "neutral" (pro-Jewish) viewpoint

the good old days were before 2002

Iowan's don't give a fuck, senpai.

>roasties BTFO when the beatles were in business

NN is a crock of shit. Why else would every big internet company like Netflix, Google, and MediaMatters be shilling for it hard?

I don't really get the argument for or against net neutrality then if there is no observable difference.

I only get chili if it has no beans

Where the FUCK was the pastebin refresh, user!?!

youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

MAGA

> all prisoners stay in jail forever right?
> implying they're suddenly good people, just because they're not in jail any more
The fact that they're not six feet under by that point is part of the reason the crime rate is so high.

> false accusations
Can ruin your life, but can't send you to jail without proofs

> muh witch hunts
Campbell made it to his testimony. Stay salty, kike

No one cares.
Just repeal the stupid shit. We’re getting raped regardless. Obama didn’t stop these internet monolopolies from setting internet caps, charging ridiculous prices, and stifling competition.
Once they address that, I’ll start caring.

i believe in you friend

Oooooohhhhh sshhhhhiiiiitttt!

The jeweller is scared

Ah, a fellow man of culture who also enjoys tomato sauce raw out of the can. You're in good company.

Retail or Security?

SHUT
IT
DOWN!!!!

lol

FCC doesn’t even have much power. People say they destroyed television and radio, but tv and radio stations can do whatever they want as long as they are not public broadcasts. They also both have unlimited options of satellite programs.

What the fuck is the FCC boogeyman even about?

>CNN

what are the german and memefalg even arguing

Refreshed

Wait, what month is it? I thought it was Easter this weekend.

construction, working in plant thats shutdown for thanksgiving

I don't always eat hot dogs but when I do, they're Bar S brand and they are straight from the package.

>accused

These weasel words are evil; can't believe CNN can air that kind of defamatory shit without reprecussions

Since I don't use netflix, could I have their website banned from my ISP package and pay less?

I wanna buy this tie Trump is wearing today!
Any idea how I can find it?

The main difference is "you shouldn't do this because you can get sued" and "you can't do this". That's pretty much it.

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING A MOORE MINDSET WHEN PICKING GIRLS.

Tfw Im the same

Not gonna lie that thumbnail had me thinking those were a bunch of dicks.

Yeah, you can do it. If you want to be moderately proficient, it’ll take you about 10 hours. Use the tutorials. Use YouTube and look for college and high school PowerPoint guides about how to use excel - they’re all over the place online.

>> implying they're suddenly good people, just because they're not in jail any more
I didn't "imply" anything, if I was to use your laws, your opinions are jail-able, I guess you don't need rights.
>Can ruin your life, but can't send you to jail without proofs
There are several precedents where that has happened. Learn to think outside of memes, it's like you're intentionally making yourself stupid.

>out shilling isn't working!!!

Why can’t some business savvy Iowans start up another isp? Too many rural retards?

i was pleasantly surprised too, saved either way

Do you want that for the internet as well? The whole free internet under the same regulations over the air television?

> no swearing before certain hours
> no lewds that can be accessed by minors (meaning all free sites would have to enforce age, no more anonymous)
> mandatory educational content, like back in the morning cartoons of the 80s

You might as well throw the internet keys to Hillary because one generation without free internet would go Marxist like this

>Child molester
limit for pedophilia is 13 isn't it and the allegation was for 14

:V)

That's where the FTC comes in.

It's possibly his own brand.

>everyone at the university

ebin bait

>want to expand Brooke folder
>it'd require watching CNN
Well I guess bing image search wins again

>accused

Yet you treat him as guilty

hate to break it to you boys but it's looking bad on the normie-front
i can't redpill my mother

FCC can't do anything about monopolies. The FTC can create rules for small businesses to enter the market. You can have a local ISP if everything pans out. Mom and Pop ISP services.

>OBAMA ERA NET NEUTRALITY PROTECTIONS

So what you're saying is nothing will change? Because I don't remember 2008 and 2009 differing all that significantly.

probably. people talk about internet bundles but i think the only bundles will be

>Internet with netflix
>Internet without netflix

possibly

>Internet without netflix and youtube

Trump is a national treasure.

Thanks man

Already spent about 3 hours yesterday... I have about another 4 hours tonight... so hopefully it will be enough time to cram everything for tomorrow. I usually learn quickly. We shall see!

Yeah, I just left house and didn't see a single Moore sign, all Jones for blocks to end. I think this is the end of Moore's campaign, can't let the madman with the fillibuster codes.

Adding this to the pasta. I'm going to run out of space soon!

Trump. Thing.

i'd get internet without shitflix and twitch in a heartbeat if it made it cheaper

They’re shilling so hard. They’re getting more and more pathetic.
How is this headline even professional?

>implying there are Moores in poortugal

>demand
I know this is bait, but people actually think like this and they can go suck a dick. They can demand whatever they want, I'm not going to give an inch when people think like this like I owe them anything.

>that fucking headline

Fucking kikes

>can't let the madman with the fillibuster codes.
gop lol

I wish. The problem is Trump can't do anything.

TWO BIRDS?!

Not all hotdogs are made with scrapped pig's ass and all that nasty shit, are they?

yasss

Not always, no. Why do you ask?