What an I'm would make a good live action movie? For me, it'd have to be Black Lagoon

What an I'm would make a good live action movie? For me, it'd have to be Black Lagoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JfjO1PZxXc
youtube.com/watch?v=25683IE5v9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anime, guck you autocorrect...

No, just no, you fucking phoneposter.

Wew lad

Written by Tarantino and Directed by Mathew Vaughn.There would be at least one scene involving Revy's feet.

I'm okay with all of that. Quentin would get the tone and action dead on.

>Written by Tarantino
N I C E.

Yup, best case scenario!
Revy and Rock would actually be played by AZNS

Ghost in the Shell

This makes me moist.

Lemme guess, you'd have that chick from Lucy play Motoko, wouldn't you?

Sounds fucking terrible.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya would be a great Hollywood movie as long as they focus on the first novel.

What about Your Lie in April?

won't be received well.

Abusive parent/child relationship is something no one enjoys.

Yeah, but tragic heroine would probably balance it out; if they got the right balance of actors.

Revy played by Jared Leto.
It would be worth the steaming pile of horseshit the movie would inevitably be just to see how he "methods" this.

Seriously though, this is a terrible idea. You can't just transplant media like this.

Somebody please make a live action MD Geist

Will be considered weirdly sexist

Also teenage romance is exclusively a Japan thing.

On a different topic, I would love a Dorohedoro adaptation by Luc Besson.

reminder, mod here didnt knew what is live action, your thread gonna got deleted

...huh

Brenda Song for Revy.She good at acting like a crazy bitch, and she's got the legs for Revy. Just give her some guns, tattoos, a cig and NY accent.

Fuck yes, but who is Rock?

Black Lagoon uses a little too much anime logic to translate well to live-action

Eh, it's doable though.

No, not really.

Why not? Anime logic can be made to make sense in a real world setting. Or are you the type with a stick up his butt that nothing will match your perfect animu?

It's just 80s run and gun/Michael bay

He's to old for Rock but at the time James Kyson Lee was perfect for Rock. He was Ando on Heroes and is a salaryman and dresses like Rock, he would've been perfect

It's basically Tarantino and Rodriguez: The Anime. If any anime is "doable" in Live action it's Black Lagoon.

..this

This time he'll live in a hotel listening to 80s metal music.

You shitting me? Tarantino would capture the tone of Black Lagoon perfectly, while Mathew Vaughn would capture the action perfectly.
For example.
youtube.com/watch?v=2JfjO1PZxXc
Also
youtube.com/watch?v=25683IE5v9g

This fucker would be perfect for Black Lagoon

user gets it. Tarantino isn't afraid of a non-white only cast and has the pull to tell Hollywood to get fucked.

>Baccano!
Speaking of Tarantino-esque stories. You condense the stories and have everything revolve around the Flying Pussyfoot. Lots of action with a big explosive finale.
>Serial Experiments Lain
Get Spike Jonze or Terry Gilliam or someone known for having an off-kilter, screwy style.
>Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi
The premise is neat. If you completely rewrote the rest of the plot, you could make a real good movie. Get David Fincher to direct and you're golden (so long as you can find decent child actors).

Plus it wouldn't end up with a fucking PG13 rating.

One Punch Man directed by David Fincher in the style of Fight Club.

I always wanted to send a Box set of Serial Experiments Lain to David Lynch and let him watch it. Wonder what he'd think of it

>wanting live action

Why Fincher?

David Lynch OR David Cronenberg could really do it justice.

I'd have suggested 90's Wachowski brothers as another possibility, but I wouldn't want them anywhere near it now.

>wanting good live action

Yeah i know...

He can do frenetic action that doesn't look like total cheese

I'd get the guys who directed John Wick, they seem to know what they're doing. Plus they're pretty close to Keanu, who if you could get on as a producer he would make sure things stay authentic.

yeah, but he's style is so bleak for everything else though. You have to remember that OPM is a comedy

It can happen. Button did it first with OG Batman, then the Nolan trilogy made it legit. So it's possible.

Burton... fuck

Hmmm, make him executive producer?

Okay hear me out. Sailor Moon in the style of Sucker Punch.

sounds terrible.

Zach Snyder can only get by with pre-framed shots and Sailor Moon, while fun for the costuming department, was never fun action or composition wise.

Snyder should be reserved for weird edgy shit like Hellsing or something.

Fun Fact. Zack was a huge fan of Birdy the Mighty and while people joke that MOS fights were like "DBZ" they were inspired by Birdy The Mighty

Yeah but looking at the Power Rangers trailers, it doesn't seem impossible.

IGPX with Tom Cruise as Cunningham.

It's worked before. Why not?

Just thought of this: perfect director for a Black Lagoon movie? John Woo

Could Hollywood make Keijo work for a western audience?

...doves

...giant fucking poodles

Yeah, no.

Which John Woo? Hollywood John Woo or Hong Kong John Woo?

Any news about the Yukikaze adaptation with Tom Cruise?

Production hell. I don't see it happening before Top Gun 2, which isn't looking to good itself.

what a shame. Edge of tomorrow was a decent movie.

With James Cameron as executive producer and Robert Rodriguez set to direct, what are the chances Alita will be watchable?

I am actually optimistic about this one. Their pic Alita doesn't look that bad either.

Rodriguez is one of the most hit-or-miss directors out there, so I'm being cautiously optimistic.

He's like Snyder, give him a tight leash and you'll be okay.

Every time I see one of this Anime Images juxtaposed on or in a Western Painting, makes me realize how fucking lazy Manga artists are becoming with their anatomy and shading.

And Birdy had lot of action shots. Sailor Moon just had poses at first and lame arbituary shit for actual combat.

Leash is what makes Snyder bad though. He's somehow a dumber michael bay, who can only do things for sake of Rule of Cool and sucker for executive meddling.

Rodriguez at least has a weird if bit childish, low brow vision at least.

Manga's about quantity in theory with frequent and tight release schedules.

Somehow I feel like a gritty, almost B movie aesthetic is really the only way Alita can work.

Mad Max Fury Road style would work too if taking it bit more seriously.