So when net neutrality is gone and Sup Forums blocked how dead will pol/ be

So when net neutrality is gone and Sup Forums blocked how dead will pol/ be.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If getting rid of NN would kill pol, leftists would be all for it.

Instead, they're acting like it's the end of the world.

Why would that be?

Why would a product that people like be blocked? Its like people think the isps hate their money.

its one of those lefty things that has a harmless name but it'll fuck shit up

>Another guy that knows nothing about the topic chimes in
Why here tho? Why not go back to whatever site you squat in normally and post it there? Maybe you'll find equally uninformed people that will agree with your concerns

if Sup Forums gone, no more racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, islamophobia, transphobia, antisemitism.

Anything jews want is bad news.

Such a silly thinker. You go away from pol for a day and you forget how dumb some polacks are. Sup Forums isn't the end-all, be-all of the leftists' world. They'll be glad of its loss, but hate the anarcho capitalist web that results. As will everyone who isn't one of those capitalists.

With the likes of gab.ai, hatreon, pew.tube, bitchute etc I thought we could back-burner urbit, but it's back on the menu, lads!

Rip

i know, right?

But we'd feel more isolated and ashamed and not be able to sharpen arguments and teach normies about The Jews and alley-oop each others' memes.

Data isnt equal. All Obama 2015 "NN" does is harm startup and reward monopolies. Which is why there hasnt been any completion in the ISP world.

Free speech is
a walking talking sausage effect.
Free speech isnt going anywhere. It may be pushed to other sites, but getting rid of free speech will require shutting down the entire internet.
Its funny bc i bet some leftist cucks actually think that would be worth it.

NSA needs NN to stick there dick in your internet more frequently.

*competition.

Geocities will rise again

Source me up nigger. Don't you dare post that without source because that's literally terrible and I do not approve of it at all.

No amerimutts? Glorious Sup Forums days would ensue gookmoot would just chhange hosting location and the eternal amerimutt is BTFO

More normies get angry because it is yet one less form of escape.

No they don't, they already have me on an IME backdoor.

100% dead like the rest of the website, imagine CNN and msnbc being handed the power plug to Sup Forums servers.

lol... you don't know how the internet works AND you're young.

Nice fear mongering

It's fake, from some sort of awareness campaign or something along those lines iirc

Net Neutrality isnt going nowhere. Only Obama network neutrality is.

Netflix watching Normies will hate it but shitposters on 4 chan wont feel a thing.

>Comcast wants NN

So basically I do not want it.

>he doesn't know about kekchan
kys

/thread

>Heiled
Until the SJWs at the ISPs decide to get in the way of wrong-think.

Once NN is repealed no more free internet wifi at cuckbucks.

Im loving this hysteria.

idiots dime a dozen
if you think Sup Forums is going to be blocked you need to go reevaluate your life

Me too. Like I said elsewhere more angry normies with less options for escapism.

And censoring the internet is going to create competition?

You're a retard they want to repeal NN

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

Read the entirety of it.

Data discrimination and QoS will probably be added into a new bill, but the rest of the NN act is garbage.

SAY IT WITH ME

NO MORE MUTTS

Already have my VPN fulltime. They can collect my fake statistics and block their arses as they please.

Wow , I kinda like strong lass .

NOT AS LONG AS I'M AROUND YOU GAY FAGGOT CUNT NIGGER TOWELHEAD BORDERHOPPING DRAGQUEEN KIKE

As long as reddit is pissed of Im ok with it

There will be no censorship only throttling issues. This leads to the death of ISPs if they even try that thus creating competition.

Btw ISPs already throttle illegally.

Sup Forums has gone from hating jews, to helping them.

Sup Forums actually wants the jews to succeed. I'm sure the ISPs will allow them to save a few sheckels for their service.

WHAT IF

Net Neutrality is gone

and Sup Forums ISNT gone

OMG WTF DID Sup Forums EXIST BEFORE 2015 NO WAY?!?!?!

What happened to kekchan? Did they shut it down?

What stops comcast from legally throttling my netflix to a point where it's unusable because they want me to watch their shitty streaming network?

We'll turn IRL into Sup Forums

Some places in the US have only one high speed network available

Just imagine the rivers of salt though. Let's not pretend this wasn't inevitable and bipartisan. It's better people realize the government isn't their friend or a good thing.

>Already have my VPN fulltime. They can collect my fake statistics and block their arses as they please.

>Thinking a VPN will save you

Because I use other boards on this site dummy

Greedy companies aren't your friend either

Netflix already pays ISPs for its bandwidth hogging. And if your ISP ditches a major streaming platform it can and probably will die. Which is good im tried of being held hostage by cox.
Not for long.

Sup Forums will be as dead as it was before the NN law passed in 2015

The internet was a mistake.

>be me a kid
>AOL user in 1997
>go in chat room
>call someone a fucking nigger
>internet gets disabled 10 minutes later
>mom calls up
>hands the phone to me
>I have to speak to a supervisor and say I am really really sorry and it's their discretion if I get internet back
>NET NEUTRALITY BROS IF WE LOSE IT THEY FINALLY WILL BE ABLE TO CONTROL OUR INTERNET FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

>Not for long
Comcast owns the rights to the cable infrastructure where I live. Am i supposed to just wait for another company to come in and build their own infrastructure? I live in the boonies btw

Net neutrality isnt being repealed. Obama tricked you by using the same terminology.
They also own the zoning with the city. I dont know but i think its time the major ISPs died.

Companies have more competition on average.

last time I checked its the internet providers choice what you get to see online if NN is giving the green light.

Yeah, we'll miss the dumb American /plebbit

thats hot as fuck

So you just confirmed my biggest fear. Pai is going to let comcast tear my asshole apart and I can't do anything about it

They can offer limited internet packages. So 1/2 price but say only google owned websites, etc. It's amazing for ecosystem-based companies. They can bundle their online TV (they all are buying / vertically integrating with TV/cable companies) with some basic facebook/google package for 1/5th price.

Basically it means more normies will be stuck on a kiddie internet.

Hello (((Comcast)))

No thats impossible
The real problem here is we have an internet monopoly. NN was a band aid. We need to kill these ISPs and only way to do is take the hit now.

Was the internet like this before 2015? Theres your answer.

Why would starbucks stop offering free wifi?

Because most people of all political affiliations don't spend all of their time scheming about ways to nuke the people they disagree with at all costs...most people don't know about Sup Forums and most of the rest don't give a shit about it enough to want to ruin their own online experience to get rid of it. Only the truly mentally ill obsess over culture wars to the degree that people like you do.

>Sup Forums Premium Data Package - $14.99/mo

why would any of the crazy shit they are saying happen?

Because ISPs were sued for doing it in the past?

Also just so you guys out there understand. NN enables nefarious websites.

Another great Obama blunder.
Because the ISP will charge too much for it.

Where? The (((Jewgle))) hides the secrets of where.

This is how men get accused of sexual harassment. If she wants to fuck you better do it.

This

Just move to a different city! xDDD

Link?

Why do you think the major ISPs are funneling untold amounts of lobbying money into repealing net neutrality? Why do you think that the companies that own the majority of the MSM want to control the internet too?

Would you care to elaborate? How would the repeal of NN, which gives cable companies (the top of which, which are the only choices for the vast majority of the US, literally own the mainstream media) complete control over what users can see, help the matter in any way?

>Actually becomes Comcast offering

B-but nothing was censored before! Thats because Verizon wasnt able to openly be asses about doing it.
The FCC had a rule that got challenged in court by Verizon in 2010 that PREVENTED ISPs from THROTTLEING OR BLOCKING WEBSITES.
Verizon won the case, only on the margins that telecommunications services needed to be reclassified as a utility (Title II) in order for a rule like that to be upheld.
This led to the massive NN debate that got us the rules in 2015.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
Also:
Comcast Corp. v. FCC 2007
In 2007, Free Prenss, Public Knowledge, and the FCC filed a complaint against Comcast's Internet service. Several subscribers complained/(and)The Commission believed that Comcast had "significantly impeded consumers' ability to access the content and use the applications of their choice"--Comcast complied with this Order but petitioned for a review and PRESENTED SEVERAL OBJECTIONS-in 2008, Comcast amended their Acceptable Usage Policy and announced a new bandwidth-throttling plan.
ISPs have slowly over the years been eating away at laws that protect against throttling and them not being able to control what content you see.
You fools need to realize corporations only care about their own interest
In surveys by the American Customer Satisfaction Index, XFINITY has had the lowest customer satisfaction ranking of any company or government in the U.S. for year-XFINITY’s online forums are full of pages of customers complaining of throttling, especially on upstream speeds.
Time Warner Cable has come under fire for throttling YouTube videos, an issue they defended by explaining video buffering is “the way the Internet works.
Cox has a history of throttling their Internet during congested periods. In the past, they have also set usage limits on broadband accounts, granting more usage to customers who pay for upgraded service.
cabletv.com/blog/your-objective-guide-to-internet-throttling/

turn off that vpn

> NN enables nefarious websites
Yeah...like Sup Forums and stormfront, and everything else that is offended to common sensibilities.

ISPs cannot censor. I don't know why so many people are freaking out about internet companies having to pay for their fair share of bandwidth.

*offensive

Are you genuinely retarded? Who even fed you that idea? Repealing NN means that telecom corps can do whatever they please. That is why they have been lobbying for it for years.

Yeah man, like 4chin is totally on the same level as youtubes and like newtflex.

I try not to think about it because net neutrality or not I'm 95% sure the my government will eventually get around to blocking Sup Forums all on their own as part of some larger list to force on ISPs here. Just a matter of time. Good news for you guys I guess.

Net neutrality as in free information is not being taken away. ISPs will be fighting internet company giants which i dont give a shit about haha.

It won't die
It will just be an IQ test to get here
Nothing of value will be lost

Sup Forums won't be blocked it will just be slow and congested unless you pay your ISP an extra $59.99 to unlock regular speed and $79.99 for access to enhanced speeds. This is the cost for privilege of accessing a racist website.

It's more about a company like Comcast, who owns content (NBC), throttling other content in favor of theirs. With Comcast having a monopoly on broadband in many places, this is a huge problem.

No they cannot throttle but they can charge an internet company more for bandwidth. All in all im looking forward to it.

They absolutely will throttle. There is nothing stopping them. Verizon did it before NN. What do you get out of big ISP raping content due to their monopoly position? That's just retarded.

ISPs already do throttle but its illegal and always has been.

>ISPs will be fighting internet company giants which i dont give a shit about haha.
LOOOOOOOOL
have fun dealing with the consequences of your cuckoldry, friend