Evangelion 4.44 You Must (not) Redo

Asuka and Mari are canonically a pairing now. How does that make you feel and will it save the Rebuilds?
Soft Pink is pure and a best.

I'm cool with this.

Nothing will ever save the rebuilds and you should kill yourself for even mentioning them in any context ever.

>Nothing will ever save the rebuilds
Some nice Yuri action might.

Is that actually true?

They share a room, sleep in the same bunk stack with Asuka on top and Mari has scribbled "Princess" in front of Asuka's name on the bunk. They apparently don't divide the room at all and their personal affects are intermingled.

>How does that make you feel
Indifferent. A turd in a mountain of shit changes nothing.

>will it save the Rebuilds?
Hell no.
And I'm saying this as a yurifag.

the rebuilds are beyond saving.

even more homo pandering will not change anything.

Yuri will be the worst thing on Evangelion

But I see the future, and I know they will say that Mary isthe perfect representation of the maternal figure she needs, and similar litter

normie bullshit arguments

>Mary isthe perfect representation of the maternal figure she needs
Mari*
And she couldn't be further than a maternal figure imo

The worst thing is that the bottom berth does not seem to be used

So both share the same litter

>The worst
THE BEST*

So? Those don't prove anything

It proves more than it disproves.

>Asuka playing video games in the top bunk.
Do you think she still has that same WonderSwan or does she have the New WonderSwan 3D 2030XL edition?

She has the original from before the impact event for sure. Mari probably fixes the charger for it.

>Kaworu fixes Shinji's SDAT
>Mari fixes Asuka's wonderswan
It's Harry Pottery

Cute as fuck

Do the beds fold up into those futon-things on the right side? And what the hell is that device on the ceiling?

I think we're seeing a bisection of the room. Herein meaning the two images would connect along the seam to form the room. Bunks on one end with the window and desk at the other.
As for the "Device" it looks like a sliding armoured window cover.

CG or not I'm hyped for this.

No it won't, the rebuilds are absolutely irredeemable.

I am dead serious, permanently remove yourself from this planet.

A smooch will calm you.

Why is Mari with WILLE in 3.0 when she was clearly made out to be a Seele double agent in 2.0?
Is she a double-double agent?
Who's side is she on?
Is she just trying to cause chaos?
Is she Asuka from EoE?
Or is she really just a pointless fanservice character with no explanation?
Will 4.0 end with us still not knowing anything about her?

>That one doujin where asuka fucks mari with a double ended dildo

At last I truly see

>she was clearly made out to be a Seele double agent in 2.0?
She works with the IPEA who are a UN faction.

>Is she a double-double agent?
Possible, but I think she changed sides. I'm under the impression that it was her that kaji pulled a gun on in the previews.

>Who's side is she on?
WILLE.

>Is she just trying to cause chaos?
No, in fact she adapts to situations quicker than either Asuka or Shinji.

>Is she Asuka from EoE?
Doubt it.

>Or is she really just a pointless fanservice character with no explanation?
Doubt it. I think she's the ball from left field that nobody saw coming.

>Will 4.0 end with us still not knowing anything about her?
We already know a fair bit about her. Most anons just spud out and rage because they don't like her because the Rebuilds aren't the NGE that they grew up with.

Yusssssssssss

Should I start dumping Marisuka doujin reaction faces?

You would be doing gods work.

>Why is Mari with WILLE in 3.0 when she was clearly made out to be a Seele double agent in 2.0?
She was working with Kaji, not Seele. Rebuild Seele isn't nearly as influential as it was in the tv series and they already have Karl to do their dirty work.

So be it

Thanks user

We still really know nothing about her origin when basically every character in NGE has a fleshed out backstory.

There's a few things we can guess at, but she's still cloaked in mystery. She must be really important since she looked like a teenager in 2.0, didn't have a designated Evangelion, yet was working for multiple international organizations as a double agent.

She can also switch to any Evangelion without trouble, which only Kaworu has been shown to do before and that was because he's an angel.

I definitely think she's interesting, but almost too mysterious. I wish they'd make a Rebuild 2.5 to explain all the shit in the previews and between 2.0 and 3.0 so we could get a better grasp of what the fuck is going on.

>We still really know nothing about her origin
True, but a backstory isn't central to a decent character arc if their past isn't important. Though I think hers might be interesting if we ever find out about it.

>She can also switch to any Evangelion without trouble
Not true. Unit-02 had it's core swapped out before she piloted it. This was done by the IPEA.

I think that the first part of Rebuild 4 is going to fill in the 14 year gap. Remember how Asuka calls Mari the "Networking Four Eyes"? To me, that implies she knows about Mari's connections.

I still don't think she's a double agent, although I do think that post-impact her allegiance swayed towards WILLE

>being this desilucional

Its cool to have your fantasies about the characters an all, but this is clearly just training as it was with shinji back then, he and asuka shared the same room in orther to fight sincronized an beat the angel, after all they clearly pilot the same eva in this movie, do you remember right user?

You're thinking about NGE, not the Rebuilds.

If you actually watched 3.0 you cannot deny that Mari and Asuka are really fucking close emotionally. Whether they're close enough that they're actually fucking is up for debate, but it's undeniable that they're basically the closest duo in the series going parallel to Shinji and Kaworu.

She's not interesting. Being "mysterious" doesn't make Mari interesting. It's a side effect of the staff not being able to find a role for Mari after deliberating for a long, long time, see 2.22 preproduction notes

They've been training and fighting together for 14 years. It took Asuka like two weeks to get emotionally and romantically attached to Shinji, how do you think 14 years of close proximity to someone's who nice and flirty would pan out?

Mari could've probably made Asuka her literal love slave by now. Not that she would, but Asuka probably would've let her.

This, to be honest.

>She's not interesting. Being "mysterious" doesn't make Mari interesting. It's a side effect of the staff not being able to find a role for Mari after deliberating for a long, long time, see 2.22 preproduction notes
Subjectivity the post.

What makes her interesting isn't that she's mysterious. It's the stark contrast with the rest of the cast, the hope and contentedness that she shares with Kaworu that makes them both feel inhuman that makes her interesting. The writers have just failed to expand on why she acts this way.

My god, they surely are close they are the only pilots left they have been training to pilot the same eva for only gods knows how much. But people sharing beds in a room dosnt means they are going to fall sick in love and fuck like rabbits just for the sake of it.

But you fucks just want some fucking yuri for a random reason. Fuck you.

>in NGE
That's the key here. In the Rebuilds, none of the characters have an extensive backstory except Shinji. The only thing we know about Asuka's backstory is that she's part of the military and doesn't have any friends except for Misato.

>She can also switch to any Evangelion without trouble, which only Kaworu has been shown to do before and that was because he's an angel.

They can all do that. Asuka in Unit 03, Mari in 2/5/9, Shinji in 13, Rei in 00 and 09. She can pilot Unit 01 too but that's an incredibly bad idea.

>She must be really important since she looked like a teenager in 2.0, didn't have a designated Evangelion, yet was working for multiple international organizations as a double agent.
She is a teenager. They don't have any equipment that fits her which implies she recently hit a growth spurt.

The manga chapter isn't in continuity with the movies. Yui's maiden name is Ikari and Gendo is Rokubungi in the chapter while Yui is Yui Ayanami in the movies and Ikari is Gendo's name.

I think she's just another pilot candidate, possibly a reject for Unit 02, that got snapped up by the IPEA/UN so they had their own Eva pilot that wasn't under Nerv's control.

When you really look at her, Mari is just Kaji as a hot blooded teenage girl, which makes it that much funnier that she's paired up with Asuka

What are the rules when the staff/offical art start pairing them off as well?

The writers never wanted her there in the first place. The producer insisted with having a new female pilot for marketing purposes and Anno doesn't give a shit about Eva anymore, he let his old team to find something to do with Mari but they couldn't deliver.

Mari is pretty much a metatextual vampire, she can only survive by taking other established characters's roles

- Face Zeruel and lose instead of Asuka
- Give a prep talk to Shinji instead of Kaji
- Khara is promoting her as the female Kaworu now

Neither is canon character so why should I care.
They already had these forced interactions in 3.33 so I don't see how adding more could change anything at this point.

Asuka a shit.

I honestly just want them to have a good explanation to why this character is there, i dont really find her interesting, god i dont even know whats she supposed to be doing in the movies, you can literaly just put any other character in there and it would make no diference

There's like 5000 people living on the planet. People will find affection wherever they can find it. Asuka is emotionally stunted and Mari is lewd as fuck, it's inevitable that they'd up at the very least crushing on each other.

If Misato had given a fuck about Asuka she probably would've crushed on her as well, that's how love starved Asuka is.

After all that she's endured I don't think Asuka's holding out for "the one", she'll smooch Mari when she needs emotional closeness, it's as simple as that.

What the hell? that's a weird thing to say while, I assume, fucking.

Kaworu and Shinji put the gay in Evangaylion 20 years ago before it was cool.

>After all that she's endured I don't think Asuka's holding out for "the one"
Her standards seem pretty high.
She didn't want anything at all to do with any of the boys from school.

I honestly think Mari exists so that Asuka can be happy, everybody hates Shinji and his own VA seems to have breakdowns when Shinji does something stupid and everyone including her own VA has pity'd Asuka for years. Now all of a sudden there's this nice and flirty girl always with her and they're always seen together. They basically gave Asuka a waifu

They're not high, all she wanted in NGE was a chad alpha type dude over the age of 20, and there's plenty of those around
Her standards are typical for any bitchy teenager girl.

Except for Shinji, the fellow EVA pilot who she lived with.

Now she's emotionally close with another EVA pilot who she lives with...see where I'm going with this?

>What makes her interesting
Nothing? I don't really care about character's position in the story being logically explained as long as dialogue is good and makes me appreciate a character in some way. In Mari's case she's just obnoxious because all she does is stealing screentime with dumb one-liners, "nya"-ing and singing. They tried to make her a support character for Shikinami's "development", but all she says is "Oh you're just tsun for shinji, ohimesama :3". Whoever writes Rebuild is either hack or shits on the characters on purpose.
Pretty much what he said

It's one of the stupidest doujins I've ever read but it is funny and hot.

Is it futa? I don't recognize it and I've read all the yuri ones.

Reminder that Misato got to third base with Asuka in Magma Diver

No but it's pretty short. It has "Asüka" in the name, just google Mari X Asuka doujins it's in dynastyscans.

magma diver is non-canon

SMOOCH IS PURE.
Soft Pink will stand the test of time user.

I dont understan why do you believe you have to fin some one to be happy, eva is shouting at you to man up and be happy with your fucking self even if you are shit and the only think you can think about is how 2 femenine characters should fuck just because they slep on the same room, Disgusting.

having said that there is no evidence they are fucking in love, deal with it, sleeping in the same room dosent mean they fuck grow the fuck up, they probably are good friends by now i admit it, but thats it.

I hope Ritsuko and Maya make them play DDR as preparation for piloting 8+2.

I can't find it right now but there was a cute comic on Pixiv where Mari and Asuka both went to Ritsuko seeking advice on women

I feel like I'm in a time loop, swear I've seen the same posts within three threads at least.

This is an 18+ website and you're typing like a 5 year old.

Oh, okay. Thank you.

Smells like phone posting to me

>4.0

It's 3.0+1.0 you dumb fucking retards

>3+1 is just a two hour DDR training montage and then 5 minutes of EoE level mindblowing

THE MASTER ANNO DOES IT AGAIN

I do think the movie will have a lot of down time in the first half for exposition and Shinji wandering around Wille Home Base while the Wunder and the Evas are in for repairs.

Nice argument m8, i appreciate if you have any correction to my orthography tho, since im still learning proper english.

Although that seems right, where did you hear that?

They should just turn everyone gay

it's just a meme

I actually kind of liked the episode, it was important to establish Asuka's trust in Shinji by putting them in a situation where he had to save her

>I honestly think Mari exists so that Asuka can be happy, everybody hates Shinji and his own VA seems to have breakdowns when Shinji does something stupid and everyone including her own VA has pity'd Asuka for years. Now all of a sudden there's this nice and flirty girl always with her and they're always seen together. They basically gave Asuka a waifu

This. But since Mari is Asuka's Kaworu there's a high chance that she'll die and take Asuka's place in the equivalent of the EoE MP Eva fight.

>Ritsuko and Maya
>Mari and Asuka
>Shinji and Kaworu
They just need to reveal that Sakura is fucking Midori or Sumire and that Kaji is actually a woman

I'm okey with it just for making Shinji x Asuka noncanon.
Rebuild sucks anyway.

I'm expecting this movie to do a 180 on EoE and have Kaworu come back to life. There wasn't a cross or rainbow when he "died" like the other Angels

10/10 would watch
AR seems like hatefucking, which isn't pure

His soul was shit out into the void, ready to be caught in a net by Seele and pumped into another tight little Twink ass

I hate Anno

I don't think he cares, he's making bank and fucking waifus daily

>That huge circular cloud bank
That's the moon, isn't it? They're actually going to fly Wunder to the fucking moon

Moyoco's a pretty good waifu

I'm honestly expecting it to be a super core, like Adam or Lilith being reborn or something and Wunder is gonna kill it.

Am I seeing things that aren't there, or is that something?

>Moyoco's a pretty good waifu
She could have been a god level cake

Straight up

qt

That's the Wunder again. I think these are supposed to be two frames showing its progression

Ah, you think it's panning from the bottom up? Typically there would be an annotation for that if the other art books and production notes are a standard.

Either that or Wunder flies into frame and away from the view

Looking at the bottom frame there, that's clearly the huge AT field breaking. Any ideas what will be causing that? I'm rolling with the idea of Unit 08+02 fighting away from Wunder again

>Wunder flying to the moon
>Fly me to the moon

ANNO DOES IT AGAIN

Hatefucking that turns into gentle cuddling is the purest

doujiin name?

NOT ALLOWED