This is a very memorable scene. Referenced a few times I've noticed

This is a very memorable scene. Referenced a few times I've noticed.

Would you like to share any other scenes that seem popular in jp culture?

Fuck, this brings back unpleasent memories.

I'm going to watch this now.

what a bitch

it's quite a good show. Anne is very charming. I thought she would lose that charm at a certain point but she's still darling little Anne at heart.

>feisty redheaded girl makes her first appearance on a ship
I feel closer to master Anno already.

>0:35
*Record Scratch*

This is an anime? I thought it was a dutch cartoon or some shit

>tfw kinda want to watch this, but know I'm much better off reading the book instead
>tfw know once I read the book the anime is going to seem like shit

>Dutch

Don't insult our proud canadian heritage.

lmao reading a childrens book what a moron

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a masterpiece you fucking pleb

I thought we are here on the internet to get the fuck away from books

>Implying AoGG doesn't have adult appeal and huge following from readers of all ages

who is this semen demon

Green Gables in Japanese is so weird.

The show is better than the book

>“I love Diana so, Marilla. I cannot ever live without her. But I know very well when we grow up that Diana will get married and go away and leave me. And oh, what shall I do? I hate her husband—I just hate him furiously. I’ve been imagining it all out—the wedding and everything—Diana dressed in snowy garments, with a veil, and looking as beautiful and regal as a queen; and me the bridesmaid, with a lovely dress too, and puffed sleeves, but with a breaking heart hid beneath my smiling face. And then bidding Diana goodbye-e-e—” Here Anne broke down entirely and wept with increasing bitterness.
What did Anne mean by this?

She wanted to marry Diana.

growing up sucks

The anime is better than the book. Takahata is a genius.

You wish

You'll feel the same when Sup Forums inevitably gets sold to reddit

The book doesn't have the loving and thorough visual depiction of the Prince Edward 19th century lifestyle. Words are not enough.

そうさのう

>Referenced a few times

Examples?

At a point during the second half of the book the author kinda "gives up". The second book is utterly shit. She just continued with the series because was a good excuse to write during the Great War.
The anime improved greatly in every aspect.

Anne really doesnt give a shit

It was yuri.

nawwwww

I must be really retarded about children's books, it took me half this fucking thread to realize this wasn't a Pippi Longstocking anime