Want to know my opinion on Net Neutrality?

BAD
Upboats to the left!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1IzN9tst28
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IF there was a free market, maybe,

HOWEVER, there isn't. Unless you want to pay through the nose for cell service and get too slow to stream videos, then it's pretty much a monopoly in many areas.

Why is this being shilled so hard?

I don't know

Because tech companies have a lot to lose.

Netflix and YouTube want to rape the ISP's and use 90% of the bandwidth while disingenuously fooling consumers into thinking it's about passing the costs on to them. This is about companies going after each other, it has nothing to do with the consumer other than being used as a pawn.

They do

>
>

fuck off. Net Neutrality is garbage.

Prove it.

Its my opinion faggot.

Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion. It has no place in fact.

It's not a fact faggot.

you're a corporate tool or a retard shilling against your best interest like you faggots always do.

Raping the ISPs? It costs them pennies per gigabyte and they already charge so much when you go over. The only way a tiered system would be ok is if the base rate dropped to practically nothing, and who thinks any ISP is going to do that

indeed

Believe me, nobody is going to be effected consumer-wise other than Jewgle and Netflix having their bottom lines hurt. They'll have to take some of their sweet Jew money and pay it into the coffers of the other Jews. It's either side with the telecom Jews or side with the video Jews, it's not going to effect the consumer in any way.

If you side with the networks, you also get buttmad redditors.

So theres that.

can i get a quick rundown on what is net neutrality?

Net neutrality didn't exist until 2015.

It requires internet service providers to offer equivalent speeds for all websites and services that use bandwidth, rather than "throttling" certain sites or services, which is to say slowing its access or download speeds. For example, an ISP might target a torrent or streaming service because it eats an inordinate amount of bandwidth compared to a basic mostly text-based webpage. In this way, they could require Netflix to pay a fee as a company to give them equivalent access speeds to subscribers using their ISP.

Essentially, it boils down to certain services (video sites) using an inordinate amount of bandwidth, and their lobbyists are fighting the telecom lobbyists so that one doesn't have control over the other and maximizes their profit margins.

As such, there is scaremongering over worst case scenarios afoot by the video companies to preserve net neutrality, and it's been latch on to by the Reddit crowd to help their precious Netflix and YouTube overlords' bottom line. It's all overblown nonsense that won't effect the consumer in any way, they're fighting on behalf of the companies.

>this argument again

It's either Netflix/Jewgle or CuckCast/JewWarner

thank you

>reading comprehension
That's exactly what I was getting at, user. It's the companies fighting and using their customers as pawns, making them think that it matters as a morally righteous cause and effects them. It's about telecom vs video companies protecting their bottom lines.

Opps Didn't mean to quote you.

finally a clear explanation. thanks

you have no proof that the consumer will be unaffected. it remains to be seen.