/ss/ - Secret S/a/nta

We're officially into December, how's everyone's assignments going?

Just got this today, MS in Canada I know you wrote "open now" on it, are you sure I have to? Looks like you spent extra on priority shipping so I'd feel bad not to.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/149412991/#149413038
desuarchive.org/a/search/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>sam hyde
I see what you did there.

Dropped package off 10 mins ago. Not posting initials tho.

>USPS giving spoilers of the content
What a bunch of faggots

when is now? WHEN!? WHEN IS NOW!!?!?!?!

Yeah, had he not already marked it "open now" I'd have been a bit bummed. Well, at least I don't know exactly what they are, just what type of thing they are.

I'ma chill in here and see what happens

>vinyl record
>JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU

>tfw been on Sup Forums for years, but too scared of social interaction to even try secret santa.

Isn't this thread too early? Is it okay to already post weekend Christmas comfiness?

TN Note: open now means "open now".

Sorry, homos, I've been having trouble getting the motivation to finish my cards. I'm gonna try and finish this weekend since I have it off so I can send them by Monday.

>social interaction

Unless you mean the Christmas cheer in the threads, there's no actual social interaction beyond sending and receiving gifts/cards. You have the option to stay in contact with your Santas by sharing e-mail and similar information but even if you're socially inept, you can easily participate.

He can't keep getting away with it!

was i suppose to wait before opening? lol

Classic /ss/ memes.

I only participated in the second or third SS year so I'm not familiar with the current process. Is it VIP as fuck or is getting into the mailing list easy? Asking for next year obviously, though probably just for sending cards.

One of the organisators quit this year so it'll probably be different next year.
Rest is same as always except there's a whitelist for >100 brackets since grinching rate was ridiculously high there last year.

Who are you quoting?

Got my first card for this year.
Thanks to user from France. SB from Germany here.

Outside of the card.

And inside.
Will use the stickers for my cards next year.

By the way, I don't think Wordart is a great way to cover up lacking artistic talent, though it did get me chuckling. You're cute.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you too!

>High impact Christmas celebration
Nice.

the absolute alt-right madman

Oh right, forgot to post I got this card a few days ago. Gonna wait 'til Xmas week to open it so I can get hype leading up to the holiday. Thank you, Aussie shitposting user.

Oh hey, that got there fast.

Customs suck for declaring it like that. I hope you still end up enjoying it.

Sam Hyde now lives near me? Stay away from Miami you racist

Are people already sending out gifts and cards ? I still didn't get my card done...
but I will try hard this week i promise

Better do it mate.
This year I got my Christmas card in April.

kek

>One of the organisators quit this year
Wait, what?

     :D     

desuarchive.org/a/thread/149412991/#149413038

Oh fuck. It's for the best considering how incredibly difficult it must be to organize this thing while managing a full time job and other responsibilities but he will be missed.

Oh, I missed this thread.
Reminded me of when bedfold stopped doing Sup Forums sings.

>Still need to do 3/5 cards
This weekend
This weekend for sure!

Got all of my shit done, now I just need to write heartfelt love. Fuck this will be hard

>5 cards
>finished one, but had to redo it.

Fuck.

Here's the WIP of the card. All of the anons I got will get the same card, but they will get a picture of their waifu/husbando in the inside. With candycanes or peppermints if I can get it without people questioning why.

My grandmother just told me that someone will take my Christmas cards and sell them for millions. I don't know how to feel about that.

That's a lot of money.

your grandma is best girl

I just hope someone good steps up for next year, I couldn't manage it either since I've got a full time job as well.

Yup. I'm not confident in my drawings. I couldn't even sell them on Deviantart for play money.

Thanks for making me laugh you made my day.

Pic related from another SS that I'm in.

>I couldn't even sell them on Deviantart for play money.
You're doing something wrong, because people can sell color palettes for play money. You probably just need to whore yourself out and network more.

>haven't even started drawing my card

I brought out my old art supplies from HS, but I pretty much knew that I could never practice enough to be any good. I have all my gifts and am ready to ship it out, but I have nothing for the card.

I even have plenty of ideas for the card, they've just all looked horrible or have been too complicated to pull off.

>I couldn't even sell them on Deviantart for play money.
You don't know that.

Who's this Sam Hyde?

That depends on if the current organizers are looking for someone to fill that role. Honestly, I'd be interested but after reading the struggles the organizers go through year after year and this is even before factoring in employment, I don't think I could manage it. There's plenty of people on Sup Forums with the knowledge and time to do this, so here's hoping.

As long as they don't shill J-List.

Threads have been pretty slow as fuck.

How many people signed up for /ss/ this year compared to last year?

I know the feeling, same thing every year. I have like 10 cards to do this year, but I'll get them done on time.

I figured it was Sup Forums in general being filled with more faggots every complaining about /ss/ threads. Thankfully this thread hasn't had any of them.

*every year

I'm going to knock that up to no dedicated late group this year.

>still need to do 14 out of 15 cards

Send help

Infamous white supremacist. Youtuber and even had air space on Adult Swim before he shot up a school.

That's knocking up quite a bit of people there. Child support must be tough.

Cards are my favourite part of this event, I know they can be tough to do and some people are scared of sending cards if they feel their drawings are bad or whatever but don't card grinch, even if it only takes you 30min or something to make one.

>As long as they don't shill J-List.
Have you tried our coupon?
I'm kidding

Anyway I just got back from the post office, since my replacement voter ID came in so I could take out a PO box. If anyone was waiting for it, here it is:

Allen Hearn
PO Box 40162
Saint Paul, MN, 55104

Do you have a card wishlist?

Dumb edit, but I laughed.

What's this weird guy doing in our precious Secret Santa?

My favorite shows are probably Mondaijitachi and Horizon. I also enjoy JoJo, (Part 7 was the best), LOGH (Empire4lyf), and Konosuba.
My favorite manga series are Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to and Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.
I also like 2hu. I don't really dislike any of them other than the super irrelevant ones.

Holy shit, I just opened the box and I didn't expect you had everything giftwrapped, this is beautiful. Thank you so much, you really went above and beyond!

it's a trap. Sam Hyde is a violent neo-nazi who has a militia of hundreds of men around the world. He infiltrates subcultures he deems degenerate and orders the user base decimated. If you receive anything from or gift to a "Sam Hyde", you're ass is grass and he's a riding mower.

This card is amazing, too, and thanks a ton for the cards inside (especially the "signed" Suzu).

1/2

2/2

Okay I made a card but I don't have an envelope. Can I just put the card in the package or what are you supposed to do in this situation?

If it's actually Sam Hyde, he needs to be stopped before he infiltrates Sup Forums and brings it further negative attention. I believe he's been on Sup Forums. Since he makes other people do his dirty work, he's never stopped.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Normally I take a couple pieces of paper / cardstock and fold them around the card just to give it some protection.

I've been considering offering to help at the very least. I certainly spend enough time in front of my computer that handling e-mails wouldn't be to hard, but I'm not sure when, how much, or even if I'll still have as much free time as I do now next year.
I don't think I could help much with sorting as I'm terrible with logistics and not tech-savvy enough to work with anything more complicated than a CLI, and faggot said he's had to write custom programs just for /ss/.

Would you prefer if we sent cards to your PO Box or personal address if we have both? Explosions or Goddess?

Oh and I forgot to say, supremo taste, Osaka and Sakaki are the best Azumangas.

KO of IL you might get your gift super early, like tomorrow. Priority shipping and all that. Enjoy my awful card as well.

Buy an envelope?

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel better.

>tfw three cards to send out and only two stamps left

>normally I take a couple pieces of paper / cardstock and fold them around the card just to give it some protection
Are you my ss by any chance?
1/2

DG in MA, if the organizers haven't already forwarded this info, your gift will be arriving without wrapping, so if you get something you weren't expecting in the mail, please don't open it until Xmas.

2/2
Thanks for the card (and the card), I love it!
I used to play a little too, but I can't stomach anything past Synchro so I guess we're in the same boat.
Please don't call my husbando with his dub name.

I think it's just some Sup Forumsack memer using it as a joke. I have the guy for cards and he listed a MAL with about 200 shows watched and plenty of moeshit rated highly, so I doubt he's actually some dyed in the wool neo-nazi.

I hope I get my gift before the 17th because I go on vacation then...

>...
Also, tell the organizers that.

How long do you think it would take for a card to arrive in europe from canada?

"Sam" here - yeah nah, I don't really go on Sup Forums, I'm just using his name as an alias since I didn't wanna use my real name and thought I'd get a giggle.

>Had illness and personal problems to deal with, only now getting to start assembling the cards
I really, really hope I don't have to default to cop-outs for the last couple of cards just to get them there for christmas. But the ideas and prep I've made for some of the cards is just too elaborate.

Download more stamps. If you can download cars and ram, surely you can download stamps now, right?

Yeah that's me! I'm surprised it got to you so quickly, tried to send it early to make sure you'd still be at the same address. Sorry about calling him the wrong name, when I first got my assignment list I automatically read his name as Jaden, then once I'd made the card and I went back to the email to get your address I panicked for a second when I saw a different name and thought you're husbando was someone else.
As soon as I heard about synchro cards I dropped trying to get back into it, a shame.
Anyway you're husbando a cute and I'm glad you like it.

I figured it was an alias.

I'll be sure to wait patiently until Christmas to open it! Thank you user!

If you have my actual home address, use that one instead, since I'll get it much more quickly that way.

I'll never forgive you ameriburgers for giving us the 4kids version of ygo.
Thanks again and I hope you have a nice Christmas!

Hope you enjoy it! I'm looking forward to the picture!

>tfw live in Uni dorm so I'm worried that my gift might reveal my power level when it comes through
Oh boy...

Also
JD from Canada
I hope you got your gift, please do tell me you did if you're ITT. I just want my soul to calm down a bit here.

This year I convinced myself I'd be moving too soon and that getting a post office box would be too much trouble.

Every year I swear I'll participate and I don't.

Next year, I swear.

>tfw no one ever mentioned your country
>sent two cards and missed the last 2 weeks' threads so not sure if delivered

Give me your address and I'll order you a pizza

Okay, I was actually thinking of ordering one. Do you want one too? I'll pay for yours.

desuarchive.org/a/search/

have a blast

Oh the magic of Christmas

Finished the cookies yesterday. All that's left is to wrap everything up and send it out.
Hope the lucky user that gets these enjoys them.