Religion is just something people made up because they were scared shitless of death and life was too hard so they had...

Religion is just something people made up because they were scared shitless of death and life was too hard so they had to find something to help cope.

All religions try to fix death.

your point being?

so they could pass down wisdom

Reincarnation is unfalsifiable.

Do you have a better way to deal with the infinite cycle of rebirths other than religion?

Diiiiiiidn't think so; sit down, shut up.

Sad part is if we didnt have death we would nevee have change and births

wrong.

Given everything else you know about human beings, should you really be surprised?
Relax, Atleast people don't get burned at the stake like they used to. the ill effects are relatively benign.

>this
rebirth has been proven. now kys and enjoy the never ending ride of life.

Religion was also about controlling the people

aside from just, passing down wisdom
sounds like a dumb reason

We should be burning people at stake at an alarming rate these days.

>rebirth has been proven
source?

I can confirm this. I remember my previous incarnations. One of which was someone in an insane assylum in the 60's.

>Reincarnation is unfalsifiable.
That's like saying aliens are unfalsifiable, the universe is so vast we could never find them. Religion has zero basis in reality.
>Do you have a better way to deal with the infinite cycle of rebirths other than religion?
Not really. However, i have an issue with spending money on the church, the bullshit that goes on with catholic priests, wars being fought, innocents being killed over differences in religion. You can be religious without investing in it, but investing in it can do some harm to other people.
>rebirth has been proven
Haha

meditate and do past life regression hypnosis

Religion was made to order archaic societies
It is a set of simple rules for brainlets folowing which will presumably benefit you and society.
Bad things about it is that it has nothing to do with literal "thinking" because every set of rule's there is just dogma that doesn't include any explanation. Just folow this shit and be bless. Thats why its not flexible and won't work during the social or environmental changes

Oh look another delusioned individual. Yes death happens, get over it. You should live life to the fullest instead of having this insane belief you get more shots.

Discovered "Terror Management Theory" huh?
Been there...

"meditating" and convincing yourself something magical/uexplainable is happening is a womanish thing to do. Also something a schizo or other type 2 personality disorder would do.

No.
Everyone was tribal until writing.
Soon as assholes like Ur Nammu could write rules, and cuneiform arrived.
All major religions arose. Islam, Christianity,and Judaism.
Religions are just laws made up by some lazy assholes.

What atheists are inevitably unable to understand is that religious people who believe in the afterlife really fundamentally don't fear death in any meaningful way, and this leads to a total transformation of their entire perspective on life

Yeah, but not for positing questions.
Bill of rights (when given only to white men as it was intended) is utopian compared to what we had before.

everybody questions the obvious divine presence felt when looking at the stars n sheeit

the mysticism of said presence is just represented culture by culture in different ways

I.e. religion

nihilism is boring

It's unfalsifiable that if I stand around in the woods Bigfoot won't fuck my ass, so I guess I'll go do that until he raws me

That's nice.
Just so you know you're not actually any better than that and the only reason yuo're not "scared shitless of death" is because you're a coddled faggot in 2017 who has never seen someone die and still unconsciously thinks he's going to live forever.

Yeah believing you go to heaven will obviously make you not fear death. What, they adopt a "chill, love everyone" perspective of life? Insane people have a transformation in their perspective of life too.

Nice meme, did you hear it from a stand-up comedian or on a tv sitcom?

How's sophomore year treating you, bro?

>obvious divine presenc
Look I'm not saying be a nihilistic edgy cunt, but what the fuck are you talking about. I've tried talking to god before when I felt like complete trash, I felt nothing at all. Might as well have been talking to myself.

>shallow, superficial understanding of religion and its purpose
m8 religion was invented not because people are afraid of death but to teach them how to live a good life -- the idea of the afterlife is designed as an incentive to lead that good life even if its easier/better (personally) to lead a selfish and destructive one

do you fear death?

No
You experience a sort of death every night when you go to sleep, most people don't remember most their dreams. Feeling nothing at all is not a fear.

>talking to god
stop attributing human characteristics to that of which is simply not human and purely cosmic

yes

That's exactly how people who believe in god do when they pray. A cosmic being would have human like characteristics for sure.

LOL
Exactly like I said, this faggot doesn't realize he's actually going to die!
>hurr it's like sleepin'
You wake up from sleeping dumbass!

Real religion isn't. Just Jewish religions like Christianity

Hahaha

When you sleep and don't dream you feel nothing. Obviously you wake up.

Oh I'm sorry I guess you've never heard of the crusades or the inquisition or witch hunting, or any number of the countless, brutal, relentless, unforgiving things religious people have done?

Religion is not a happy guide holding your hand to help you live a good life, you little bitch. It's a tool of mass control and manipulation. It's a tool that uses fear to cow people into submission. It wasn't a happy incentive to be good and go to heaven, it was a fearful threat to be good or burn in hell. Follow rules, or be a heathen and burn in hell.

"Cosmic" necessarily contains human characteristics.

>t. bleeding heart liberal cry baby
waaaah crusaders killed some savage muslims once upon a time religion bad!!1

Yeah, and you don't wake up from being dead dumbass.That's the point, when you die that's it, there is no more, especially if you're an atheist.

It's nothing like nothing being a sleep.
You.
Cease.
To.
Be.

When you die your Brain releases a combination of dmt and other chemicals so rapidly that you disconnect from time. Your soul doesn't go anywhere or reincarnate, you just live in a mess of your own delusions about your life and afterlife forever in that moment.

All those people would have died anyway, why do you pretend to give a fuck?

Wat

Not at all. In the Abrahamic tradition, it's much more like, "well I'm going to die and be judged by God anyway, so I might as well take all these heathens with me and see what I might be able to do for them in the afterlife". This is why I like anime more than real religion, there's no humor at all in the real thing.

Explain hell then. Why come up with hell if you want to make people comfortable with death?

>I have tripped out on drugs!

Ebin

What about "thou shalt not kill?" Do you even think about the things you say?

Kosmos is the logical order of the universe, which includes human traits.

Whatever helps you sleep

Religions help you live better, not die easier.

>look, there is an afterlife that is way more important than this shit
>so whatevr I do it doesnt matter
>let me just slaughter everyone then

>uhm no shitlord you got to behave because there is a bad version afterlife if you dont

>aawww maaaan shiiieet

Logos, not Kosmos

>en arche en ho Logos

>religion is to relieve anxiety over death!
>religion is to use fear of death to control people!

Which one is it?

The ultimate penalty in Judaism, for literally calling the name of God himself in vain, is only death. Do you think about the things you do in your life?

oh

the literal definition of the word cosmic implies otherwise tho. not being combative just saying haha

Speaking of Judaism, if religion is just to make people feel comfortable with death, how do you explain a group like the Sadducees, who don't believe in an afterlife yet believe in God?

No, it's kosmos

This is only half correct. All religions revere the oldest tales, and continue to pass them on through the ages.

>the literal definition of the word cosmic implies otherwise tho
No it doesn't. Cosmic implies the whole, including all of the particulars less than the whole.

Yes, Ragnorok was a comforting tale for medieval ranchers killing each other over the slightest insults.

Prove it. I just quoted John Chapter 1 in Greek to show you that it IS in fact Logos

yeah it does

cos·mic
ˈkäzmik/Submit
adjective
relating to the universe or cosmos, especially as distinct from the earth.

I don't care about the Jews. If they've already made a contract with their stupid God that they have to be killed somehow, that's hardly my problem as a gentile

How the fuck would you know?

This is the hardest redpill to swallow.
You just die and rot in the ground you aren’t anymore special than any other living organism

this is why western people are a fucking joke. this is why you are getting ass raped by kikes. until you accept the truth, you will just keep creating more suffering.

>i send a cool pic because i don't have any counterarguments

If you believe in reincarnation, you should worry more about eternal suffering

>Constant drive for self gratification

Youre not going to make it user

A love everyone mentality makes you a bitch that will get killed by chads. Fuck off hippy faggot.

Personally agnostic now gnostic christian mainly after i have seen what the luciferian elite has been doing.

>crusades were bad

Either extreme newfag or just a reddit shill. Crusades kept europe safe for some three centuries. After the holy land fell the jihad and slaveraids into european lands continued relentlessly.

>crusades
nice meme

I pity people like you who have never witnessed God. I hope He helps you find a way to break the conditioning save your immortal soul.

That's true. I don't worry about it, because I can take birth at will. But all you non-enlightened folks should worry about it, because you're on the precipice of being kike slaves for the next 400 000 years. But obviously you don't care about that. and as such, deserve what you get.

tip: try not being such a pussy next time.

Remember to poo in the loo

I'd like to believe, but considering he ignores me completely I guess I'll roast in hell forever.

Not all religions have a pleasant afterlife.

Per instance, Greek religion had no afterlife at all

He doesn't, brother. My greatest revelation was not that He exists, it was that He was with me the entire time, even when I was a stupid kid who purposely ignored everything He had to say.

Just like that, He is with you now, but you probably think of Him as "luck", "fate", "karma" or something.
If you just open your heart and follow His path, even if you don't believe in Him, you will be blessed. Soon you might recognize His wisdom and see all His interventions in the past on your behalf like I have.

So my point about Bigfoot is unfalsifiability is a truly terrible reason to believe something. Maybe you can come up with something better!

When you sleep you just rest
You brain (parts of it) just consume less oxygen and nutrition (energy)

Yea I have faced death and was ready for it and willing... atheist are you? Nah. Try being in the hospital with Lyme Carditis.

Catholic here

I have no idea how your reasoning works

I just want to die sooner because I'm sick of feeling my whole life is either a giant schooltest or a fucking videogame

If I was an atheist I would be more than okay with just killing myself or knowing I'll die, but instead I feel the compulsive need of making everything with the highest score ever. Not because getting into heaven, not because I want to be better than everyone else

I want to excel at everything because i think I can do it
However it takes too fucking long and I'm starting to feel i'm actually a worthless piece of shit with a high idea of himself or i'm not doing stuff as good as I could

>T. Tipped Fedora
Probably read it in Machiavelli's writings. He does a pretty good write-up on the uses of religion for influencing the general public. If you weren't a fucking uneducated child you'd probably be familiar with it.

Read the kybalion you are looking for answers faggot , answers you will find

Don't despair, user. It only feels like a test or a video game because you are up against a fundamentally superior adversary. Jesus was up against the same thing, and he won completely.

And it became dominant how?

Having a stable moral foundation helps extrapolating to other people and judging them. Especially universalist religions, which is why they're so damn big. It's useful for nation formation.
Stop being a sperg.

>>>ALERT
>>>ALERT
>>>ALERT
> →
Get the fuck in here. user found another connection between Comet Pizza and Laura Silsby.

Both? Fear of dying as a sinner convinces people to behave according to their religion's precepts, then once they feel they are worthy of the good afterlife fear of death isn't a problem for them anymore. Of course they still follow the rules even then because the fear of death will return if they think they have broken their code and lost favor with their god.