>help everyone because muh humble and benevolent japanese culture
>everyone loves muh japanese food

People actually like this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MjbUnn32_zU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP watches animu
look at him and laugh

What terrible series have you been watching?

Sounds like Death March except for the truck.

>watching those shows for anything besides humor (if any) and/or cute/lewd girls

Isekai is a horribly oversaturated genre because it's the epitome of wish fulfillment. It's not written professional authors, but by neets uploading their own bedtime fantasies to syosetu. Yet, the ones to get big tend to be the ones with less amounts of wish fulfillment. I doubt a lot of people still like the horrible generic ones that have been done a thousand times before.

>do not abuse any of it and pretend to be weak
Oh son you have not seen anything yet. The majority are completely opposite and just as bad most of the time.

異世界 isn't a genre.

Isekai a shit.

Trash will never be reborn even if they die.

>become the orclord
what's this from?

>avoid truck
>it keeps chasing you anyway

Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Nope. OP is talking about every ISEKAI series ever. Even Re:Zero the supposed to be deconstruction have this problem. Nigga doesn't abuse the power and instead becomes humble like a retard.

>Isekai thread
>Now user, I hate most Isekai, but you have to read THIS isekai, it's totally different
>read it
>it's not different

You do know what would happen if he accepts the greed witch's proposal and abuse his power right?

OP, please.

If that shit happened to me, I'd become a Shirou-tier Hero of Justice.

And then get lynched by the people you thought you're saving.

Unlike Shirou, though, I have a sense of self-preservation. I see fuckers coming at me with torches and pitchforks, I'm running.

It deconstructed a lot of elements of timelooping power fantasy too, why wouldn't it also do that? The whole mansion arc in particular showed how shit it would be to have people forget you, how it could make things worse, and that you'd never be able to set all of the same flags. His conflict with the witch cult was at first that his power couldn't save his friends even with time travel because he was a shitter with no skills to take advantage of. The story later on also explores the trap of becoming an unlikeable sociopath who can't live life without adjusting every single minor detail like a photoshoot through an AU where he does abuse the power.

I'm not a fan of ntr, guro and scat, but it somehow it stills exists because some people like this shit.

So, yeah, of course some people like this genre, Isekai, myself included. Although I'm not a fan of the characters per se in most cases, after all I'm a sucker for the other world per se and I'm extremely bored whenever there's a story on modern earth, especially school life.

>nips
>benevolent

>yfw seo starts a new isekai manga starring fuuka after she got trucked

>>everyone loves muh japanese food
this, they're too bland as a food

There's a few series that set up a culinary test with japanese food but the other characters go meh when they taste it.

>I'm not a fan of ntr, guro and scat
faggot

I have garbage taste and I'm a complete sucker for this kind of shit, I just can't get enough.

It's the repeated reincarnation theme that always strikes me as most alarming. There are other ways to get to fantasy worlds. Think a little. And I mean very little. Fucking El Hazard just had a magic robot go all "BAM! Have a nice trip!" and that show was great. Kagome from Inuyasha found a magic well, Whatserface from 12 Kingdoms was dragged by a magical creature to her fantasy world.

The Lion the Witch and Wardrobe had a magical piece of furniture that linked the two world and it's a literal allegory for the after life and Jesus and all that shit.

I forgot how Jon Carter got to mars and the Connecticut Yankee got to King Arthur's Court but Im pretty sure it wasn't by dying. Man I need to reread those books.

>>do not abuse any of it and pretend to be weak
to be fair the fame that comes with flaunting it is very tiresome

What isekai series are there where the parallel world actually has more than two or three cultures (demon army culture notwithstanding) instead of everybody being some variant on Standard Medieval Fantasy? Where the protagonist lands in some dark age English shithole, but not far away there are also !Byzantines, !Chinese, !Ottomans, !Assyrians or whatever (maybe the Assyrians are just the demon army)

>humble
>gets delusions of power the minute he arrives and nearly watches a loli die
>still has delusions of power and nearly gets beaten to death by thugs
>even after dying numerous he still thinks he's the center of the universe and can do whatever he wants on his trip to the capital
>makes an ass of himself at the castle and gets beaten like a bitch in a duel

Humble he was not. He's not eager to spam his power because it's called Return by (often painful) Death not Return by Some Other Convenient Method.

>be a total loser
>suddenly hit by a japanese truck
>given second chance at life in a new world
>it's a Now and Then; Here and There post-apocalyptic warzone
>the MC gets conscripted into an infantry platoon
>flip between slice-of-life squad banter and pants-shitting action
>the MC returns to the real world with army uniform and handful of photos of him and the other soldiers
>his parents are extremely happy to get their son back
>realizes that the rest of the platoon will probably think he deserted
>realizes that some of them are probably dead in what was supposed to be the final offensive of the war
>nobody else in his boring Japanese high school will ever understand these feels

Would you read it?

Is this the killer truck thread?

Sure sounds right up my alley

>ends with a school shooting/suicide/First Blood

Isn't this just Muv-Luv Alternative with more trucks and less robots?

What are some stuff in other mediums with this premise

In the final part of The Chronicles of Narnia, they get hit by a train and go to lion heaven.

I was thinking more Generation Kill/Band of Brothers

>parents happy
>getting their loser son back

Kek.

This will be the real situation.

>parents clear up his room after he went missing
>they already adopted a new child that has taken over his room
>they give him some money and ask him to live by himself elsewhere

>it ain't me starts playing

Go try Black Maria for Assasination classroom+Akame ga Kill+Sex the isekai.
Translation is wonky as usual but at least readable since its Larvyde

Sounds terrible based on the summory at novelupdates.

>Isekai
>Genre
Retard
Also, not everyone starts way you described. Hataraku, Drifters and Alice in Wonderland are also isekai.

youtube.com/watch?v=MjbUnn32_zU

>muh humble and benevolent japanese culture.

This only really bothered me in tenchi muyo
>hurr durr im a farmer and i got a stupid hair cut.

Thats all i can really say i hate about tenchi as a character.

>isekaifag detected

Literally every isekai has at least one of the points in the OP.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.

Kumo doesn't.

>be total loser in real life
>suddenly hit by a japanese truck
>given second chance at life in a new world
>potential to gain super special ability
>do not abuse it
So is Konosuba an Isekai?

>MuvLuv is a "reincarnated in another world" story

Alice in the wonderland, Chronicles of Narnia and Gulliver's adventures don't.

Of course is is. Just because retarded OP tries to force his narrative that everything he doesn't like is bad doesn't mean he's right.

I kind of want Seno to write an Isekai now with dead Fuuka starring.

He does abuse it in one possible timeline, and it ends in disaster.

Not really in disaster but everyone's character development stops. Some are even reversed.

That's what I'd consider a disaster. The moment human evolution ends is the day they die.

So, in the vast amount of Isekai which ones are the best (less shittier)?

Either the ones that don't play it straight like Konosuba or Re Zero, or the ones that play it straight but with actual effort like Mushoku Tensei or Muv Luv Alternative.

Lazy dungeon master is alright

The summory's are always retarded mate.

We call that being humble and testing the water. Yes you gain super special ability but the moment those secret organization heard of you due to your outburst, you're done for.

>abused super power and made a huge ruckus
>everyone wants a piece of this
>nearby country sends in spies and special forces
>your own country sends a princess while pretending to guard her they barricade your house
>underground organization is replacing the shops in your city
>the cult is replacing citizens in your city
>but nobody dares to make the first move because it's gotten too big
>once you step out of your house literally everyone glares at you

They aren't, but they THINK they are, which makes it even worse for the non-gook reader.

>oh my GOD he helped those kids even though he had no reason to!
>WHAT? he doesn't want a reward for helping those people against thieves? that's unheard of in the history of ever!
>what do you mean you don't want a slave?
>HUH? of course we're gonna gang up and rape these 2 young girls who are lost! why are you drawing that sword?

>"it's the japanese thing to help"
>"uwaaaah! mc-kun is so NICE! I think me and these 13 other chicks are in love!

every fucking time

>guys have you read Mushoku Tensei? It's not like the others
>guys have you seen Kumo desu ga? It's not like the others
>guys have you read Moonlight Sculptor? It's not like the others
>guys have you seen Tate no Yuusha? It's not like the others

IT'S ALWAYS LIKE THE OTHERS

This is at least slightly better because only monster people like him, but it still suffers badly from the usual isegay shit.

The fuck? Is that truck made of adamantium and powered by a couple of tank engines? Also, trees don't just shatter into splinters when a truck hits them.

>guys have you read Muv-Luv Alternative? It's not like the others
predates them all

Tate No Yuusha has better characters and drama (by comparison) but the story just a shit as the rest, and the character is just another Gary Stu.
He gets shat on a lot though, so it's bearable.

Guys, have you read Honzuki? It's not like the others

>Also, trees don't just shatter into splinters when a truck hits them.

The tree usually wins if it is of size. Everyone in the truck usually dies.

How do you fix a genera thats lost the novelty of its gimmic? By cramming it full of more novel gimmicks!

fucker ate my picture

All isekai I'm currently reading/watching and in which medium:

Re: Zero: 6/10 (wn/ln/m/a)
Konosuba: 6/10 (m/a) humor is okay
Drifters: 6/10 (m/a) hellsing was better
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku: 6/10 guilty pleasure, sue me I don't give a fuck (wn/m)
Chihou Kishi Hans no Junan: 6/10 (m) comfy
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar: 6/10 (a)
Risou no Himo Seikatsu : 6/10 (ln) comfy
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor : 5/10 (m)
GATE: 5/10 (m/a) good setting shit story
Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari: 5/10 (m) MC is too much of a faggot
Log Horizon: 5/10 (m/a)
No Game No Life: 5/10 (a)
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari: 4/10 (wn/m)
World Customize Creator: 4/10 (m)
Tsuyokute New Saga: 4/10 (m)
Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki: 4/10 (m)
The New Gate: 4/10 (ln/m)
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: 4/10 (m)
Mushoku Tensei: 4/10 (wn/ln/m)
Overlord: 4/10 (m/a)
Kumo Desu ga Nani ka?: 4/10 (m)
Mondaiji-tachi: 3/10 (m/a)
Hero BBS: 3/10 (m)
Kuro no Iyashi: 3/10 (m)
Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami: 3/10 (m)
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu: 3/10 (m)
Isekai Tensei Soudouki: 3/10 (m)
Konjiki no Moji Tsukai: 3/10 (m)
Sayounara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei: 3/10 (m)
Sword Art Online: 2/10 (ln/m/a)
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica: 2/10 (m/a)
Yuusha Party: 2/10 (wn)
Kenja no Mago: 2/10 (m)
Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukonsareta no Desu ga: 2/10 (m)
Re:Monster: 2/10 (m)
Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi: 2/10 (m)
Maken no Daydreamer: 2/10 (m)
Spirit Migration: 2/10 (m)
Hiraheishi wa Kako o Yumemiru: 2/10 (m)
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki: 1/10 (m)
Gun-Ota: 1/10 (m)
Himekishi no Classmate: 1/10 (m)
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu: 1/10 (m)
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou: 1/10 (ln/m)
Nidome no Yuusha: 1/10 (wn)
Okinodoku Desu ga, Bouken no Sho wa Maou no Mono ni Narimashita: 1/10 (m)
Dungeon Seeker: 1/10 (m)

>ywn be this autistic

now now, there's no need to brag

for example, we japanese never brag

or rape

How to make a good Isekai
1. Do NOT give the MC powers from their previous life that translates to their new life.
2. Do NOT make the MC's power absurd as shit at the start, maybe it can grow into an OP power but don't start it as one.
3. Do NOT give the MC 20 or some powers. 1 is good, 3 is okay, 5 is pushing it and 10 is the absolute max but requires balancing.
4. Girls DO NOT instantly like MC just because he did a single nice act even if it was for them or saving their lives.
5. FUCKING WORLD BUILD

So write an actual fantasy novel? Benefit of Isekai is it gives you an excuse to make you MC get anything for no reason with no development. Modern education= excellent at every aspect of new world life including military strategy and economics from the start. Bullshit powers from goddess/whatever. Instantly liked because of Japanese/modern morals, World build? NOPE look at this awesome MC and everything he does!

You CAN make the character's modern education give him an advantage. That's something you can suspend your disbelief for. Hell you could base an Isekai off this! Make the MC a kid who worked for his dad's factory or something and knows how to build, and instead of himself having any powers he makes warforged and a Robo Waifu.
Go Tony Stark on this bitch

Totally possible to do it well, but also easy to abuse if one decides to be lazy.

What is it with this "Muv-shit is isekai" meme? Is this like the time JRPG general was being spammed with "Muv Luv is the best JRPG"? Aside from the basic premise of "going to another world" it bears almost no resemblance to what most people think of these days when you say "isekai". The MC doesn't die before being transported, he doesn't go to a fantasy world but just a more fucked up version of our world, he doesn't get given a cheat superpower by a goddess, there is no videogame mechanics to the world, he doesn't go on a journey across the globe, and he spends half the story being a cocky but ultimately useless POS.

>he doesn't get given a cheat superpower by a goddess

- travels to another world
- videogames make him able to pilot a mecha

fuck off

also the word isekai literally means "parallel world" you dipshit

>videogames make him able to pilot a mecha
Videogames gave him practice with developing the spatial awareness skills that any pilot needs, and higher expectations regarding what maneuvers can be performed in a mecha (which the mechanics hate by the way because he's basically redlining everything, and it's explained that the flight computers were purposely designed to discourage the kind of shit he loves to pull because maintenance is expensive and time consuming) but they're nothing that any of the other characters can't learn with enough flight time, and indeed there are many veteran pilots who are better than him. Also the Mecha controls are not literal duplicates of his videogame controls unlike these stories where the world has literal EXP bars and skill levels.

I understand most of the pathetic wish-fulfillment psychology that goes into the genre, except for this bit.

>oh holy shit look at those cheat powers and how powerful I am compared to entire kingdoms!

>I better lay low and hide everything!

WHY

FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE

>oh wow, it's just like the videogame I played!

Can't believe you fell for that contrived excuse.

>what is this? oh, it's like a videogame menu! are those levels?

>Drifters
But Hellsing doesn't have cool as fuck strategies.

Except that it wasn't and half of Unlimited was him asking dumb shit relating to "why isn't it just like my video games with Super Customs and combining machines" and others were responding with "are you stupid what good would that do?"

Every fucking time.

It's even worse when on top of that they pull the
>I have an analysis ability that lets me immediately discern all the information about anything in the world at will
card. That's a surefire way to bore your reader since it takes away all the mystery of being in an unknown world.

>be total loser in life
>die in shame hit by a slow tractor
>meet a worthless goddess
>take her instead of super special ability
>realize you fucked up
>you're broke now
>you kinda like it
>make fun of all other isekai
i mean, konosuba was good user.

Konosuba was "okay"

there were like 2 legitimately good episodes and 2 fapworthy ones, that's it

>Gun-Ota: 1/10 (m)
Too harsh, other than shitty art is quite funny.

You forgot the part where everyone loves the mc unconditionally and wants his otherwordly dick.

ah yes, quality humor, Carlin would be proud

>it legitimately gets me laughing
>didn't bore me
>characters were likeable
>MC isn't a dense fuck with a harem bigger than his ego
>the anime doesn't take itself seriously
that's a win for me user
but i can understand people thinking otherwise

>be massively successful in real life
>suddenly killed by a jilted employee you fired
>forced to live in a theistic world because you bad-mouthed god and told him you were an atheist
>gain super special ability
>abuse the ever-loving shit out of it because it's the quickest way to an easy life
>fuck over everyone because you're an asshole who only cares about himself
>everyone loves muh batshit insanity and will to succeed

Youjo Senki is fun. Hope the anime does it justice.

Eliza has none of it.

I like isekai because i can self insert really easily. Give me your (you)'s.