Is he the biggest waste of potential in the entire series?

Is he the biggest waste of potential in the entire series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8IwDwmTXaAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bra.

What potential?

Gohan

Being Goku's long lost brother

there will never be a friendly uncle Raditz to babysit the kids

>Blew up a planet
>Killed sentient creatures for food with Nappa
>Got several of Goku's friends killed on his quest for the Dragon Balls
>Burned down Namekian villages on his quest for the Dragon Balls
>Attempted to kill Gohan 3 times(4 if you include GT)

A reminder a mass-murdering xenophobe is more worth keeping alive over your own brother, who hasn't killed anyone.

>mc's literal brother
>is a saiyan so his power w/could have raised just as much as vegeta/goku

idk lad i don't see any potential either

>Never mentioned outside of the Saiyan Arc

Why did they make him Goku's brother? Without that, he's basically a no name henchmen that's guaranteed to die.

worst super saiyan 3 ever

Meh, I doubt there was a lot Toriyama could've done with him. Chances are he'd eventually become the Piccolo of the group, to fade into obscurity as part of Goku's evergrowing cheerleader group.

Yeah, this exactly.

Back on topic, the biggest wastes of potential are... all Z warriors who aren't Goku or Vegeta. And among them especially Pickleman in my opinion. This guy somehow managed to remain relevant up until the Android saga and early Cell saga (at which point he was for a short time the strongest of the group). But he's not a saiyan so starting with the Buu saga he was unceremoniously downgraded.

But as I said, this applies to most Z warriors. Speaking of which, have they ever called themselves that in-canon? I know the promotional material and the narrator use this term, but I doubt the characters ever used it themselves. And considering the Z in DBZ stands for 'Zenkai', how would Z-warriors even make sense within the story's canon? Zenkai Warriors? When only three of them (four in the Cell saga) get Zenkai boosts?

You just answered your own question there.

Same here. Being a family member doesn't guarantee anything in Dragon Ball & Nappa was also a Saiyan.

I wonder how Bardock felt watching his two sons kill each other

No just only Goku treats his family like shit, everyone else in Dragon Ball is heavily family-oriented.

I suppose it was to give Goku some connection to his Saiyan heritage.

There should have really been more Saiyans, a couple hundred rather than just four of them.

Also the Namekian dragon balls were a mistake, the characters killed in the Saiyan saga should have stayed dead and been replaced with stronger more interesting characters.

The series in general overall had more potential if Toriyama just thought outside the box. Their could've been more "lost" saiyans. Their could've been more versatile aliens like Bojack.

Heck, the first arc in GT general displayed how far the series could go if they expanded the lore, with new planets and etc. It's too bad that arc was so poorly executed.

He killed a farmer. And an attack on the heartland is an attack on all of us.

So? It meant shit because he's an asshole, a coward, and turned out to not be all that great anyway. We got another Saiyan: Vegeta, the motherfucking prince of a dead race.

This is why I hate the retcons like Bardock and shit. There was nothing special about Goku's immediate family just because they're related to the protagonist.

It's less the fact that we think Raditz should have been important but more well.. Goku basically just straight up mercs his only living blood relative besides Gohan and doesn't so much as give a fuck about it.

Ever. He's more merciful to the guy who actually DID help kill as his friends and a good chunk of city. Its fucking weird.

Z warriors is a dub only term. It's called Dragonball z because Z is the last letter of the alphabet and Z was supposed to be the last part of Dragonball.

I now want a 1950's style PSA where little Trunks learns about marijuana and his father Vegeta (complete with woolen vest, pipe, newspaper and a moustache) teaches Trunks that it's a dangerous substance that must be left alone because it affects his ability to beat up Kakarot's son.

I had a long lost sister that I never met until I was 19 and I didn't give a fuck about her, we were complete strangers with nothing in common

My point is, Goku had no emotional connection to Raditz so why would he give a shit if they had a blood relation?

>1950

Nobody gave a fuck what anybody did in the 50s. If you where stupid enough to do drugs or get yourself killed or whatever they'd write it off as your own dumbass fault

you probably aren't the only one of your race and I doubt you murdered your sister in combat. So yeah you're a tard.

Goku didn't kill Raditz, Piccolo did that

No need to get upset, I was just referring to the iconic style of PSA's that were made in the 50s.
youtube.com/watch?v=8IwDwmTXaAE

Goku could respect his former enemies/rivals as warriors on the battleground. Raditz was pretty trash. Goku did give Raditz a chance to live and he stomped on him. That's the reason Goku had to sacrifice himself to kill Raditz.

Plus blood didn't mean much. Goku was adopted by an earthling and consequentially all the people dear to him, are non-Saiyans. Besides his family he created himself, Roshi, Krillin, Bulma, etc. those are his 'family'.

If anything, being blood that made it worse. Look at the way Raditz treated his brother and his nephew. Not a good impression for a long lost family member. Being family didn't mean shit to him either.

I really want to see Goku meet his brother and dad(who gives a fuck about the mom)and then show how he became a super saiyan and the SSJ Blue in hell or while he's dicking around at king kai's place.

>Goku did give Raditz a chance to live and he stomped on him.
Solid point that people forget. Goku allowed him to leave unharmed. Hell, it's not beyond impossible that if Raditz wasn't a little bitch, he could return once more on friendlier terms. That might've been a good point to explain the whole Frieza thing (I'm being pitted against my own brother because blah blah space hitler blah blah selling planets blah blah pride of all saiyans blah blah muh brother bix nood muhfugga).

But he acted like a bitch.

Vegeta was an asshole and a backstabber bur he still got redeemed

All the same there's really no reason to make Raditz his brother if he didn't plan on making it more important. Vegeta and Nappa aren't related to hin. Raditz could have easily just been another asshole sayan like those two

Vegeta put up an awesome fight and didn't cry like a bitch, lie and then backstab like Raditz. Goku wanted to fight an awesome warrior like Vegeta again. When Goku's being selfish, he's selective. Raditz got his chance, he stomped on it and he sucked anyway.

Nah, it was just a mistake, it was originally called "Dragon Ball 2" but they confused the 2 for a Z, it was probabilly in some very akward font.
That would've made Super Dragon Ball 3.

Wouldn't GT be called 3 since it came first

Making Raditz his brother increased the impact of Goku being an alien and really got across what kind of people he hailed from. Being the protagonist's brother ultimately not meaning much was also a point. If he was just an asshole and died, we wouldn't be talking about it.

Oh yeah. There is that. So I guess Super is DB4 then? Unless they completely erased GT from existance.

Seems lile gt isn't canon anymore so it wouldn't be 4 but it cant be called 3 either
I guess it would just be super (or 2.5)

>cgi was a mistake

>If he was just an asshole and died, we wouldn't be talking about it.

Yeah that would mean shit if we weren't criticizing it. It's horrid writing, and no it wasn't a point. It was just another day for Akira "I forget characters and moves even exist" Toriyama

What if Nappa came back?

Vegeta would kill him again

No. He was pathetically weak for his age. Goku at his age was leagues above him and he actually settled down with his wife to have Gohan instead of fighting aliens nonstop.

The jagi of dragonball

>So? It meant shit because he's an asshole, a coward, and turned out to not be all that great anyway

Ample room for development.

>who hasn't killed anyone.
Raditz's mass murdering happened off screen before he arrived on earth

We don't know Raditz' exact age.
When he showed up, though, he was roughly five times stronger than Goku.

what was the point of dragonball just seemed like random aliens going around killing people for fun

Raditz was about as old as Vegeta if Minus is anything to go by.

By the time Goku reached Vegeta's age, he was already a Super Saiyan.

After that point, though, everyone's power-level started surging because they needed to
It's like after Raditz it got turned to hard-mode and everyone stopped coasting. That was Raditz: the entry-boss to hard mode.

I liked how tall and thick Raditz was

It helped sell him as this powerhouse when he beat the shit out of Goku and Piccolo

He didn't forget, he doesn't give a shit. Raditz served his purpose and died the faggot he was. You guys are just buttblasted because you think the relative of protagonist deserves special treatment just because. Enjoy your legendary Super Saiyan Bardock or whatever he pulls out of his ass now.
Why stop there? Get every throwaway character a chance. I liked Nappa more. The Ginyus are fun, they should have stuck around. And Tao Pai Pai was the shit.

No, he helped Vegeta not feel like an evil clone of Goku.

Proud of both of them. Goku for surviving and finding his own path, and Radditz for dying as one of the last Saiyan worriers in battle.

>Goku forgives Vegeta
>A literal psychopath who enjoys genocide and tried to take over the planet once while lusting after the Dragon Nuts for immortality
>Forgives him and even accepts him as a friend
>However disrupting a reunion party and kidnapping your first born son is suddenly against the rules and doesn't deserve a wish back from the dead for redemption even though it was pretty tame
>Goku constantly forgets to wish King Kai back too

Is Goku a bad person?

>forgiving someone is a bad thing
>holding someone accountable for child kidnap isn't a truly righteous thing

I'd say every human ranging from Tien to Chiaotzu got wasted.

> Goku is a bad father/husband
When will this meme die?

People seem to forget that every Saiyan was a boss fight that took a huge toll on everyone who fought them. Even Raditz has this distinction.

People also forget that Radditz didn't kill goku, his friends or family despite having many many chances to do so, and most of his threats were to get Goku to join him and come with him.

Radditz wanted his brother back, and was kind of a dick in trying to do it. Vegeta and Nappa by comparison glassed a city the moment they stepped foot on it and actually did kill many of goku's friends and tried to kill goku himself.

Forgiving a mass murderer while condemning a somewhat forceful family reunion seems like a problem with priorities.

The farmer is alive in the cell and buu sagas.

Raditz didnt kill anyone.

Raditz didnt kill anything.

Nothing of value was lost, desu.

It was a mistake making him Goku's brother in the first place, tying one unrelated character to another through bloodline is literally cheapest thing imaginable.

You literally could've just made Raditz surprised to find a living Saiyan on Earth and nothing would change.

Because Goku and Piccolo didn't give him the chance to do it

He is legally innocent

He should get an attorney

>didn't cry like a bitch, lie and then backstab like Raditz
I am pretty sure he did all three things in the show.

He backstabbed Nappa, lied to Krillin and Gohan on namek and cried like a bitch to go SSJ

Friendly reminder that Goku DID give him a chance to live and Raditz used it to stomp Goku's chest

Raditz deserved to die

Why is Goku cosplaying Phoenix Wright?

Don't you remember Vegeta only left the planet in order to heal and kill Goku later?

>goku, vegeta, gohan goten and trunks all go super sayian
>the whole warrior race of the sayian believed the super sayian was a mith

Why is post Piccolo Jr saga DB so full of plot holes

Toriyama never planned more than a week ahead. Everything that happened each chapter was a literal asspull.

Everyone else didn't train to better themselves, just for killing.

>It was a mistake making him Goku's brother in the first place, tying one unrelated character to another through bloodline is literally cheapest thing imaginable.

I think for a one-and-done character, having that immediate, striking resemblance and bond to Goku served it's purpose in the story.
It added the necessary gravity for Goku to fully realize who he was. Were it just another Saiyan soldier, it wouldn't have impacted nearly as hard as it did with his own blood-brother.

Because the rest of the saiyans used to be below Nappa tier

Raditz didn't do shit for Goku to accept his Saiyan heritage, it was all Vecheetah.

You two are just lying to yourselves, this is the real answer

>Get every throwaway character a chance. I liked Nappa more. The Ginyus are fun, they should have stuck around. And Tao Pai Pai was the shit.

Literally all of these are good ideas and true.

Because none of the other Saiyans were prominent characters in an anime.

Nigga, you can't use every character less you want to end up with a clusterfuck with terrible pacing like One Piece.

He cried like a bitch way before that. Remember his fight against Frieza? To make it even more embarrassing he straight up stopped trying when he realized he was going to die.

i just wish he did a little more

>who hasn't killed anyone
>literally tells Goku to kill 100 people and make a mountain out of their corpses or he'll kill his son

Yeah, it's a shame he died. He seemed like such a great guy.

Gintama manages to have a vast cast and use them appropriately. Anyways It's not like they're putting much use to the characters they did let stick around.

He took on both Goku and Piccolo

What? Goku tried to spare him, remember? He literally had no other choice.

Is this a meem? What do you think he was doing working under Vegeta and Frieza before he came to earth? He bragged about his exploits and then demanded Goku kill 100 humans.

This. Loli Ball Z should have happened.

Nope because this kid exists. He would have been great if he had a reason to actually train.

Really, that was an attack on blue collar work.

>Dodging ssj1 and 2

Not sure were the Kaioken came from, but other than that it was good filler. They need to get away from he tournaments though.

I haven't seen super yet, so I have to ask... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS FACE?

He's smiling user