Reminder that forcing yourself to dislike this because it's popular is hurting nobody but yourself

Reminder that forcing yourself to dislike this because it's popular is hurting nobody but yourself.

Reminder that two main characters are idiots who didn't notice 3 years lag.

Literally no anime characters act in a remotely realistic way to anything. If that's what you're looking for you need a new hobby.

That's nice.

Neither one of these characters has any personality and the plot is supremely uninteresting.

It has really nice art and a few narrative details that are pretty interesting, it's not worthy of hate but it's also worthy of no more than average scores and acclaim.

Reminder that forcing yourself to like this because it's popular is just as stupid.

HAHA LEMME GUESS IT HAS A BITTERSWEET AND JUST LIKE ALL OF HIS SHIT

I don't need to like this. I like Keit-Ai which is basically the same thing.

No

> played himself

a boy falls in love with a girl

its hard to buy into. It's the kind of story where they make something sound like something is emotional and important to the characters, which it might be, but the movie itself never gives you anything that allows to feel with or even just understand why the characters are feeling what they are. The visuals and soundtrack make up for this, but it would be so much more powerful if the narrative backed it up. Some people make up for the failure of the narrative by projecting depth weight and meaning themselves, and for that audience it was probably a great movie and a great time, but don't expect someone with a minimal amount of critical thinking to be able share the same experience and give the same rating.

reminder that she dies

I can skip out on watching this then?

>generic story
>genericly designed characters
>heavily relies on shiny, glittering visuals to attract audience
>suddenly becomes successful

I prefer waiting for Moana. A polynesian fantasy setting is something new compared to an urban Japanese romance story between teenagers, even if it has something supernatural like body-swapping.

The story was predictable and the characters were too but the film is just so pretty and well directed.
This is the best makoto shinkai film and worthy of its praise as art.
The emotional parts worked for me but if you're looking for something with a better story this is not a film for you

>shitty story
>muh m-music, muh visuals

Isn't that just everything Shinkai has ever made? His stuff looks great, but I couldn't name or recognise a single one of his characters.

Bit off topic but I can see how people who take everything in literal sense will have a hard time enjoying this movie because muh plot holes and such.

I kind of agree with them if I take quantum mechanic theories into my mind.
But, this movie was all about connection (musubi), which derives from the core root of Shintoism.