Why do people like him again? He's like Emiya Shirou but worst

Why do people like him again? He's like Emiya Shirou but worst.

Those characters are entirely different you cislord

Vash
>wants to save everyone because of another person's ideals
Shirou

How are they any different?

You can take a shit tons of characters under:

However all the characters will be different.

Shirou have "survivor-guilt" syndrome and so he acts as paladin.

Vash hated humanity, but after pet talk with Rem and her story he gave humanity and reason to live another chance.

They are completly different characters and even their reasons for action are different.

I haven't watched Trigun, should I?

If you tell me what it's similar to I can gouge whether I'd like it or not.

I think I should give it a try regardless, it's pretty popular.

Since it's source is a manga I guess I'll read it instead.

>Vash hated humanity
literally never happened

i was all about this nigga

when was Vash considered smart,and then said stupid shit like when people are killed they die?

At least Trigun has some good characters in its story

Had to dust this relic off, but dat nigga fucked dis giant adorable bitch and for that he wins the show.

My memory may betray me with this one, but wasn't Vashs stick more he doesn't want to kill anyone he fights against?
I remember he wanted to help people but not necessarily all arround the planet.

Yes, basically, he wants to save everyone he sees. Just like Shirou. But Shirou actually knew to kill people who are actually evil, like Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh is not evil,he did nothing wrong

Oh I get it your that OP keeps posting stupid shit to try to get people pissed off. Keep on trying.

>OP is a faggot who dislikes Vash
>OP is a faggot
Big news. Stops the presses.

I don't know if BBB is the mangaka losing his edge or proof that if Trigun was made today it would be hated.

vash?
no, more
>wander around aimlessly and not get involved unless people die

Nightow is pretty good writer when it comes down to that.

Vash is simply much more likeable then that idealistic "much survivor complex" autist.

You are only talking about UBW Shirou though.

Damn i just remembered she was like my first anime crush

You should just read the manga. The ending of the anime was too open ended. They really pushed the "ticket to the future" bit with an ending that gives you hope for the characters.
The manga gives knives a more sympathetic ending, but really leaves you wondering what happens to knives.

BBB probably didn't do as good because it had bad characters. I can remember everyone from trigun and gungrave and I haven't watched it in years. I wached BBB a few weeks ago and I can't remember anyone's name from it.

>bit with an ending that gives you hope for the characters.
You know while I like how they tried to tie up the story in a different way from the manga, the idea of Knives going through rehabilitation is laughable.
I feel like this is why Nightow had him going out like a man who took responsibility for his wrongdoings in the manga.
>really leaves you wondering what happens to knives
I'm pretty sure he's dead. He was too irredeemable and the point of the whole confrontation of Vash with Knives and pals was that he has to get over the fact that some people just can't be saved.

Oh he's so cool and such a better character than UBW Shirou. Is that what you were expecting?

>prisma
Opinion discarded
Also this image just makes him look like Shiki 2.0

srsly best weapon design in anime period if only he had a pet bald eagle named liberty

He didn't really hate it, but he had a breakdown in the manga when he and Knives found out about their sister being tortured to death, and afterwards Vash stabbed Rem out of anger.

>dat neon train arc

Because he's much more fun to watch as a character. And his ideals are constantly tested and pushed to the limit. Meanwhile Shirou is pretty much all talk and little action, relies on plot convenience to do anything.

>And his ideals are constantly tested and pushed to the limit.
That happens to Shirou too, Nasu's writing is just more chuuni and idealistic than Nightow's.

I wouldn't say entirely different. Clinging onto a dead loved one's ideals is a core aspect of their characters. Shirou is willing to kill unlike Vash though.

Kenshin is better than both though.

childhood nostalgia.
i watch the series again last year and couldn't finish it.

>Kenshin is better than both though.
This
But manga Vash is better than anime Vash though.

The manga's pretty confusing and kind of a mess towards the end. I'd watch the anime first since they're very different.

>The manga's pretty confusing and kind of a mess towards the end
You're not wrong, it's hard to follow but the characters are well written nonetheless as long as you pay attention to dialogue.

>the idea of Knives going through rehabilitation is laughable
Why? He went good in the manga, there is no reason to believe he wouldn't have done the same after the anime's end. Take into account manga's Knives does way worse shit than anime's one.

That arc had some of the only good animation in the show. Seriously I forgot how bad the animation was in Trigun, it's carried by the great dusty color palette.
I do like how creepy the manga was at times. Almost like a horror manga.

ABSOLUTELY MUFFIN!

Anime Knives is plain megalomaniac psycho unlike manga Knives who had some decency and was geniunely nice until Tesla happened. And he's human-hating murderer in both. It's a bit immoral message to just let it slide, and how is anime Vash going to force him to deal and live with humankind?
I don't think he actually went full "good" in the manga but more like realized that what he was doing was pointless(which must be why he asked Vash to kill him too) and decided to do something not destructive that would help Vash for once.
It's not even about him being good or bad at this point, but going too far beyond redemption.

Just watch the first scene of the anime in the bar. That should give you some reason to watch it

>it's carried by the great dusty color palette
Well yeah. That was probably wanted given that they are on a fucking desert planet

why the paneling in the last two-four volumes is so bad
also mcfarlane toys a shit nowadays
and revos are pretty much ded
no hope

Why wouldn't you enjoy the adventures of Frylock Freakazoid?

Trump won. Get over it, snowflake.

No, compare the colors to the movie. The animation is beautiful but it looks a lot cleaner. I'm saying they nailed the feel of the Wild West with those colors.

They both have the same ideology, but went about it very differently. Vash never let anyone else get hurt because of his ideology, while Shiro fucked things up constantly.

one of the few decent early anime dubs. Johnny Yong Bosch's voice suited Vash's typically playful demeanor perfectly.

But a lot of the extra characters dub voices suck.

Never change, Sup Forums

anime only fags think they know shirou