Did Lelouch love Shirley?

Did Lelouch love Shirley?

Daily reminder that Tianzi was best Geass girl

Yeah but did Lelouch love Shirley?

No.

She's the loser type from Gundams.

She knew jack shit about jack shit and did jack shit. She was just another living Macguffin. Kaguya was a far superior loli.

shirley's death scene was well done. lelouch using the geass to try to make her live while she bleeds out gets me every time

F

is it even worth rewatching? I vaguely remember the plot

Only because of R3.

No. If you weren't there for the trainwreck in 2008, it is too late.

Yes, it's still decent

Are we talking season 1 or 2 now? Both have its charms and can be rewatched safely.

Yes, but he realized it too late.

Nah

2008 is not an ambiguous date.

I like salad forks!

Probably not.

No.

Just like the rest of us, he didn't give a shit until this

Wait. How did his Geass work on Shirley again after he'd already erased her memory?

Orange removed the geass.

no, he just felt gulty for what happened to her so he wanted to make her happy but failed

Oh was that how it worked? I haven't finished rewatching R2 yet so I forgot about that.

I was slightly annoyed by how Shirley kept gaining and losing the knowledge that Lelouch was Zero over and over throughout the series, but then it clicked with her last words about how every time it happened she always forgave and fell in love with him again, and that it'd keep happening if she was reborn. Poor girl.

That's not true, he was crying over having to use geass on her to get rid of her memory. And then he said some sappy lines about love when she asked him if someone died.

I didn't feel bad about Shirley dying, I did feel bad for her mother having to burry both her husband and child.

She totally dies in the sequel because of Ledouch.

The over-the-top scream of her mom at Shirley's funeral was so ridiculous it looped back to heart-wrenching.

He only loved himself.

Nah it felt like she was stuck in the friend zone.

>if she was reborn
This is going to happen in R3 isn't it?

lets be honest. Shirley was cucked by kallen from the start and he never paid any attention to her except when he absolutely had to.

>Shirley was cucked
Nunnally always was number one. I still can't believe that it took around 40 episodes to get rid of a pure padding character like Shirley. Good thing she's dead and won't pollute the sequel.

>cucked
>by Kallen
Lelouch definitely loved Shirley more than Kallen. Honestly, Kallen got cucked more than any of them.

>loli with the reincarnated spirit of Shirley goes looking for her soulmate

Too bad her soulmate is now her father.

>too bad

I've been rewatching Code Geass and it's depressing the fuck out of me because of people like Shirley dying.

And Requiem is going to devastate me again but at least I take solace in the fact S3 is coming hopefully before I die and I'll see Lelouch reunited with Nunnally.

It would be so awkward, like imagine if you found out that your father was actually your love rival in your previous life.

Laughed. Still makes me sad though.

See Hell, even Lelouch x CC platonic relationship has more romance than Lelouch x Kallen relationship.

Probably not. I think the suggestion was that they would have been a couple if Lelouch didn't have his Zero/prince double life.

Basically, Shirley for Lelouch Lamperouge, Kallen for Zero and CC for Lelouch Vi Britannia, the latter of which pretty much turned out to be OTP with S3's announcement.

Man.

Shirley was worst girl by far. She had nothing good but her looks and she's not the best looking girl. A god like lelouche wouldn't go for a 2nd rate girl

Stop fapping to me!

Underrated post.

Let me put it inside then.

but she was nice

>that penis cleavage
I know it's supposed to be a heart but come on.

Shirley is just too good & pure for CG Universe. Just like Miki for Utena universe.

They should have removed her much sooner, she was completely out of place.

On one hand, I agree that Shirley was out of place and her scenes were some of the worst when she was alive.

On the other hand, her death marks the point where the series is only good ironically.

>not know why she existed at all
Shirley's character was supposed to show you a completely normal person's life being destroyed. She was well removed from the story and had no motivations to care about 11s or Britannia. She naively falls in love and shortly after her life is torn to shreds.

I think she represented the ideal of a normal life that Lelouch was never going to be able to live. Up until pretty late in the series, he thinks of that whole ideal as being a Bruce Wayne mask that's only there to hide his real self and objectives. What happens with Shirley in the end has Lelouch coming to the realisation that the 'mask' may have been all he really wanted all along, but in that final tragic moment he is locked out of it forever.

I don't think Lelouch did love Shirley as such, but he definitely recognised that he would have if things had been different.

Will you be mad if she comes back to life?

I don't know if that works as a parallel, because Zero wasn't really the real Lelouch either. No one knew the real Lelouch except for probably CC and, in the end, Suzaku

Lelouch will talk to Shirley in the world of C and it'll be depressing as fuck.

Yes.

>mfw looking at the ending of the episode where she died

Please no.

She will return amnesiac, remember everything, then die thanks to Ohgi?

No, CC will give birth to her.

If CC and Lelouch had a kid would one of them pass their code down or would they simply outlive the kid

This really made me think.

But won't her code prevent her from being fertilised?

What if the semen came from another code infected person?

Okay I've finished thinking, what if the kid automatically inherits the code and there will be a like a race of immortal people?

Its not like the bodily fluids contain the code. Its the heart.

>implying

Bottom tier at best.

Yes.
He said he was saved bye her smile.
In anime, characters only say that to people they love.

>*by her smile
Sorry.
And if f someone is where he said it, it was in s1 when he Geassed Shirley.