If Lelouche was so smart why did it take him the whole series to figure out that he could just make the command...

If Lelouche was so smart why did it take him the whole series to figure out that he could just make the command something vague like "obey me."

If he did that he could of had indefinite control over mostly everyone in the series.

Because he didn't want to do that? Did you even watch the show?

Where did it say that?

And then people will know about Geass and get suspicious.

Like the 3rd episode or something.

How? As long he doesn't blatantly show it off in front of people no one would ever notice.

I'm pretty sure that was never a thing.

No one will ever notice why those people, and then suddenly new people just listen to whatever he says?

No, because he can give them commands in private. Exactly like he normally did with his geass.

So they only meet in private? What kind of people were you thinking he could make as perma slave but stay hidden?

I don't know. Being paradoxical seems to be part of his character. Some would call it complexity, others see a mess.

His geass was shown to get progressively more powerful over the course of the show, it's possible he wasn't able to do that at the beginning.

Pretty much anyone. Did you not see how he did all those test with the one girl to see how long she write on the wall daily for.

>obey me
>now go to x spot everyday for y minutes
>meet there give command if needed, if not ignore

You don't see to be very smart.

He also didn't know how long his geass could last.

It seemed pretty strong right off the bat, he had more or less long term control over that girl who he told to draw a tally on the wall every day.

>unnecesary risk meeting out to receive orders every day
>avoiding allies finding out
>while being a terrorist
retard

Because it's obviously evil, and though he's an asshole, he still has morals, for a while.

It never got more powerful. It just got more inconvenient.

For starters the geass very clearly did some magic shit in his eye whenever he used it.
Then out of nowhere he just couldn't turn it off meaning he always had to cover his eye.
Then it got even worse and both eyes had it and would never turn off.
None of these increases in "power" were helpful or useful in any way. They were nuisances that on several occasions nearly ruined all of his plans.

He had the power to just outright tell someone to kill themselves from minute 1. That's pretty much the top of the list in terms of control over someone.

Aw, you're upset you got called stupid.
And he did that anyway, gave out orders every day, just with people he didn't have permanent control over.

And that's the same as what you said?

You post does not make coherent sense in English as it does not follow with the post you are replying to.

But it's not evil if he only controls them for one command?

Retard

>now go to x spot everyday for y minutes

He either gave orders directly in their basement or with phone.

I'm sorry, but you are just too stupid to talk to.

Because he didn't want to completely rob people of their free will, it could backfire horribly. He did it to some people like Schneizel and the britannian army when he became emperor.

okay

Yeah, that'd have been a really entertaining show, just one guy managing his slave world.

faggot, he can only do his power to other poeple in once, not twice

He didn't want to rely just on the geass. If he did as you said he would have lost the geass as CC would replace it with her code and he would suffer hell for it.

Not only does your memory suck, you lack the ability to read.

It's even worse for the self-insert MC of the Lost Colors game. He has the same power, except it only requires sound and not eye contact. In his backstory, he accidentally made all of his people kill themselves just because they heard him.

He wasn't so sure how reliable the ability was, and he didn't want to permanently damage people who weren't his enemies (who he could just tell to kill themselves if he wanted them gone).

because code gayass is overrated garbage and only redeeming factor is as usual the anime tiddies

dude lmao

do you ever try to think?
he can only use his geass to a person once
which mean, after the subject of order is finished, lelouch can't do anything again to the same person
also, look when his cousin did "no japanese" because his geass accident, which mean it will be dangerous since the order of the geass can't be undone until the order can be finished to be done
also he realized that his position still in limitations when he was a zero, then in R2 after he got into throne, he expanded his geass power

This is explained in the beginning episodes of R1. The reason is Lelouche's overweening pride and unwillingness to bend people to his will totally, like his father did. He wants people to follow him because he's better than his father, and only uses his Geass to get others to perform one-time tasks. Lelouche has issues.

In R2 he casts that self-limitation off because he finds a cause (Zero's Requiem) that will wash him free of guilt once it's achieved.

>I'm pretty sure that was never a thing.
It was, when him and CC are talking about his tests of it.

That's literally not what he did though. It seems li8ke you're the one who needs to rewatch the show.

Don't bother. OP was already told this and refuses to acknowledge it happened because he can't remember it.

>R2
>Lelouch became Charles
>Suzaku became Lelouch

>If Lelouche was so smart

He wasn't. Like almost all super geniuses in anime he just had plot armor.

Of course it is

Whawt do they become in season 3?

dead

Rude.

Again, you're just not smart. He can give the command obey me, and does it in the show.

>lmao
Stop.

Immortals cannot die.
Unless he gives Suzaku a geass Lelouch is staying around long after the sun burns out and all life on Earth withers away and dies.

Code Geass is shit. Why do you care?
Just fap to the waifus.

The Geass makes no fucking sense

Why can't it control a person more than one time?
What's the difference between giving someone more than one command, and giving the command "follow my every command for the rest of your life?"
Why do Geass have massive issues (like suddenly reacting and not being able to turn it off), but not have any fail safes in case they fuck up?

IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO

I would have been a-ok if the Special Area had been made and the anime ended right there.

requiem is the greatest ending in anime so you'd better fuck off

>What's the difference between giving someone more than one command, and giving the command "follow my every command for the rest of your life?"
Wasn't this dealt with in the first few episodes. Like a generic order wasn't nearly as strong as a specific order or something?

I don't think it's explicitly stated until very near the end, but he was clearly uncomfortable with what he was doing to people all the way through the show.

Superficially he comes off as ruthless, but if you look at his commands up until the very final arc, he keeps his commands to the absolute minimum requirements for achieving the task at hand. In instances where he uses the power to exert control over someone, it's always (again until the very end) explicitly commanded as a one-time thing or has a condition under which his influence ends.

He doesn't force Suzaku to join him after the rescue or at any point after knowing Suzaku's new role, he doesn't demand absolute obedience from the Black Knights and he doesn't cover all his bases by ordering various important characters he Geass-es through the series to kill themselves once they complete the tasks he gives them.

I don't think those are plot holes, it's that Lelouche just isn't that much of a cunt, and has a strange and slightly hypocritical respect for free will that comes across pretty well in the way he uses his powers.

Just imagine more of a Light Yagami style character in the same position, and much shit they could get done.

>Why can't it control a person more than one time?

...because the show would be over in about five episodes?

It worked pretty darn well with Scheizel

Akito proved that generic orders can be twisted into something totally different.

It'd be better if Lelouche did what he planned at first making euphy shoot him on public

Actually, in general weren't geass powers things the user wanted by twisted in a way? Lelouch wanted to control people, but never forcefully. CC wanted love. I believe Mao too wanted something that his geass seemingly gave. But it all ended up twisted like a monkey's paw.

>52 episodes of Lelouch
>still didn't understand his personality
I really wish people would stop parroting the "code geass is just dumb fun lol turn ur brain off" meme.

This is actually probably the reason. Think of all the trouble a permanent geass gave him, if he used a vague, long-lasting command it'd have the same unpredictable effects. No way somebody like Lulu would risk that, he'd much rather go for a sure thing.

>code Geass is just dumb fun

Literally how

He's referring to the people who say
>Geass is terrible but it's le ebin trainwreck XD

>I don't think those are plot holes, it's that Lelouche just isn't that much of a cunt, and has a strange and slightly hypocritical respect for free will that comes across pretty well in the way he uses his powers.
Lelouch keeps on trying to tell himself that he'll do absolutely anything and everything evil in order to attain his goals, but he never ever is capable of being as heartless as he imagines himself to be.

And the respect for free will comes out most explicitly in the Zero Requiem part. Lelouch rejects Charles' plan because there is zero free will in Instrumentality, and he rejects Schneizel's plan because it effectively enforces the status quo, which also stamps down free will. He realized that it is natural to have clashes of ideas and ideologies and that there are things worthy of fighting for, even if it's messy and bloody.

As far as the specific geass commands go, it's really telling that until ZR, the only open-ended geass he gave was "Live!", which by all appearances was an accident and more of an angry outburtst at a self-destructive friend. At the end of it all, Lelouch is a decent guy.

Gao Hai "obey Zero"
then Xingke had found him was a puppet and killed him

>Lelouch dies for real
>Suzaku becomes Charles
>Nunally becomes Lelouch