Haikyuu Thread

Episode 9 subs out soon.

New coach VA this week.

the previous one died?

Yes

Japanese cold? Truck?

Sudden brain hemorrhage

Almost time for more Tsukki vs Freakshow.

did the match finished this chapter or it ends next week?

Probably cliffhanger end to this episode then finish next right at the start

Fuck, just found out.
Thought you were making some kinda suck joke, but goddamn.

o-ok

fug

never thought he could die, even if you killed him

>coach's last words

its out brehs

>he was so pumped up that's it's what caused his brain to snap

he died for the cause

wait what the fuck
how old was this guy

キターーー(゜∀゜)ーーーー!!!!!

;_;7

They should have picked a younger sounding VA, not only is the transition worse - the VA just doesn't fit the character.

Yeah he sounds way too old now, it's a bit shit.

STILL NO FUCKING SEASON 3 SOUNDTRACK

>based Kuroo schooling Tsukki on read blocking
>Nishinoya double-receiving

I can forgive the new VA (he's 5 years older than Tanaka was) sounding older. Goddamn this was a good episode.

>still on namek
god damn it

Next episode is last episode, numbnuts. Fuck off with your 'Namek' meme.

they should have ended the match this chapter

It will literally end 30 seconds into next week

If they want, the match can end before the OP next week.

>no tribute anything to based Coach

RIP Tanaka-san. Sup Forums will render tribute to you.

who fucking cares about the coach dying jesus christ that's all anyone is talking about

I can't stop laughing

>Being this mad about being born a manlet for 40 years

shiratorizawa coach is such a fucking insecure manlet faggot holy shit.

He gets worse in the manga

nishinoya being based as fuck

i read the manga and i dont remember him being this butthurt
brb rereading this shit

When he calls Hinata shit and worthless

He had like only 2-4 quicks in this whole match

People like to call this the Tsukki arc, but really he shares that stage with Nishinoya, though it was already well-established that Noya is amazing.

Worthless without Kageyama

I vaguely feel like Taichi was more impressive than the manga.

That's not entirely an unfair assessment, neither of them is at the best without each other on the court. It kind of puts a down on Kageyama, though, he's skilled enough to compensate even if no one's quite the weapon Hinata is.

Nishioya is based but Im just Glad that fucker actually have a reasom to be on the court. A motivation

>neither of them is at the best without each other

lol yeh that's why kageyama gets invited to all-japan
while hinata doesn't even make the cut for the local first-year training camp

hinata's pretty much worthless without kageyama

It sure took him long enough, but I think he's there to stay now. I guess you could say it took 4 pushes to get him there.

FUCKING THIS.

Some of the frames this episode looked damn nice.

You can't make this shit up.

I wonder if there doing a short season for the training camps.

I would be okay with another 10 episode.. Or even an OVA series

Eh, really?
Hinata will become literal monster if the setter is Oikawa, though.

Hinata was pretty close to getting invited, it was the manlet coach who refused to take him in, the other younger coach admited to wanting to invite Hinata.

what an asshole

jesus christ my heart

I hope so. The training camps from season 2 were some of my favorite parts.

>Next time on DBZ

I sympathize with Ushiwaka, Hinata as a volleyball player is annoying. He pretty much lucked out by finding the only setter who was enough of a genius to make him a force on offense while he's complete shit at everything else and only manages to make plays because of luck.

His "block" against Ushiwaka, the perfect example. Tsukishima spent two sets pressuring Ushiwaka and the setter to force a mistake to finally get a critical block, meanwhile Hinata puts his hands up without even jumping and gets a lucky bounce into the back of the other team's court.

By all accounts Hinata is not a good volleyball player.

I thought that was gonna be it for the match but then I remembered those pages in the manga of Ushijima going into rape mode holding Hinata and Tsuki down.

Tokyo qualifiers has 2 matches Nekoma vs Nohebi and Nekoma vs Fukurodani and they are short in the Manga

The match of Fukurodani vs Itachiyama is like 2 pages long which is why I think they could easily make a 12 episode season about the Tokyo qualifiers + the two training camps + the practice match against Date Tech right before Nationals next year.

fuck off manlet coach

I said nothing about his height.

>It's a Rolling Thunder episode

What did you think about Ukai's new VA btw?

His chance ball screams are not as hype but I'll give him a chance that he'll be better in the future.

he's alright, not as bad as the VA switch in HxH

It was going to be a jarring change no matter what they did, but I think the new guy sounds too old, and he doesn't really seem able to summon the same enthusiasm in his voice.

Better Libero coming through

sup sup

Sounded bit old. Difficult to adjust to new voice in the middle of the season. First time he said something I thought it wasn't a new VA, so it's not like they're totally different.

>tumblr gif
Fuck off

I won't lie, he'll take some getting used to, but it could have been a lot worse. I'll miss Tanaka's gravelly delivery for a long time, regardless, but I'm actually pleased the new VA didn't try and voice-match him.

No one says Hinata is a good volleyball player. He puts in more effort than anyone in the series (even Kageyama) to barely become a starter and acknowledges that himself.

>only manages to make plays because of luck
Those aren't the only plays he has made this game. It's been built up throughout the past season Kageyama utilizes his skills better than most, so why is that luck? It's not like anyone else can explode as quick as he can (on Karasuno).

tbqh, if you look at the wiki pages of international volleyball teams, the shortest players are roughly 180cm, whereas most of the team is 190-200cm

Because no other setter can do that.

>Oikawa
He said he wouldn't be able to perform such a quick

More like Jobber Libero. All the hype Itachiyama's getting, they're going to get punked by Nekoma and get sent packing. Yaku's the libero who needs to be feared.

Tsuki's first set.

Is that song new or used before?

Sorry brah but if Fukudorani beat Nekoma and Itachiyama beat Fukudorani in the same tournament then: Itachiyama > Nekoma

The Shiratorizawa coach told him that to his face in the recent training arc and it causes Hinata a lot of grief because knows he's not very skilled on his own. But he had some great character development where he's learning to thinking about other stuff than just spiking and on his way to becoming a more rounded player.

I liked watching Tendo get legitimately frustrated.
Though not as much as I like watching him celebrate.

Too bad they made him a third-year because this is pretty much the only match we see him in.

Did the match end this episode? My friend wants to rewatch the whole thing before the match ends.

Next episode

If he's so good, why he doesn't do a Rolling Thunder?

What the fuck is wrong with his eyebrows?

So let's talk about the manga.

Do you guys think they'll lose in the nationals? I somehow don't think the author is gonna make Hinata and Kagayama national champions in their first year. I think they're gonna lose in the either the finals or semifinals. Then the there'll be a lot drama and grief with the third years retiring after getting to close, but still falling short.

Sucked, but I think it would be the same result no matter what VA they could use.

Reminder that Hinata would have no chance in serious competitions.

Pic related: the heights of the best volleyball team in the world.

>Eder Carbonara
You can't make this shit up.

They are just thick

The number 1 libero in Japan doesn't need to

Shiratorizawa are so fucking boring to watch since its the Ushijima wank off show at least Aoba had multiple players who were interesting and good.

So fucking sad that coach VA couldn't survive for 2 more episodes, Fucking damn.

He probably made Hinata too short to be realistically successful, but it's a sports manga so anything can happen.

If all else fails it looks like Hinata would be an amazing coach since he works well with others.

OCD-kun is going to beat them for sure.

I hope Karasuno vs Nekoma still happens.

Reminder is only 14. His still going to grew some. Pretty sure he will be peaking at 165 or 170

Also his Spike is around 320-330. Just Saying

They made all the new rivals 2nd years, it's obvious they'll lose year and then get revenge next year. Karasuno will beat Nekoma though, I'm pretty sure.

Okay, so he grows to 170, best case scenario, then what? You think anyone would want anything to do with a guy who's 25cm shorter than the average Olympic-tier player?

True but I feel like Shiratorizawa has a bigger quantity of memorable players.

Seijou had Oikawa, mad dog, Kageyama's two former team mates, that second year and the other two third years but aside from Oikawa we never got to the other players them as much as the Shiratorizawa players (Like Tendou or Shirabu).

Yeah this is almost like one of those Japanese cartoons where Surreal things happen all the time

I want to see more interactions between players, Haikyuu can be really comfy and funny at times

They never learn.

In a manga where Hoshiumi gets invited to national training camp then I'd say Hinata's chances to go that far aren't bad.

I know right? Robin Williams had same kind of situation and it really couldn't get more beautiful.

Has Nishinoya ever scored a single point?

Shiratorizawa is just not endearing or interesting in any way. Since Fukurodani, Nekoma, and Karasuno are all relevant this arc will be a lot better.