Le 43 % face of the Silicon Valley

About 57 out of every 100 jobs in Silicon Valley requiring a bachelor’s degree or higher are filled by someone who wasn’t born in the U.S.

Most of these jobs are increasingly going to Indian immigrants.

What does /pol have to say about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/21/report-foreign-nationals-outnumber-americans-in-high-paying-white-collar-silicon-valley-jobs/
americanbazaaronline.com/2015/08/12/indians-got-86-of-h-1b-visas-for-tech-firms-issued-by-the-us-in-2014/
mercurynews.com/2017/11/21/california-business-leaders-call-on-congress-to-pass-dreamer-legislation/
aspiringminds.com/sites/default/files/National Programming Skills Report - Engineers 2017 - Report Brief.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>posts pic with no source link
>claims all the increasing foreign nationals getting the high pay are indians
>also with no source

You're as bad as the left, posting shit without sources and just asking us to listen and believe.

Here is the link.
breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/21/report-foreign-nationals-outnumber-americans-in-high-paying-white-collar-silicon-valley-jobs/
Indians got 86% of the H1B visas for tech firms issued by the US in 2014
americanbazaaronline.com/2015/08/12/indians-got-86-of-h-1b-visas-for-tech-firms-issued-by-the-us-in-2014/

mercurynews.com/2017/11/21/california-business-leaders-call-on-congress-to-pass-dreamer-legislation/
>The business leaders emphasized that ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program would cause businesses to lose bright, dedicated employees who only know the United States as their home, which would ultimately result in a significant financial loss. The young migrants are often known as “Dreamers” after past legislative efforts to give them a path toward citizenship.

Carl Guardino, president of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, said that loss would be particularly damaging in Silicon Valley, where immigrants are an integral part of the region’s tech world.

“We don’t want to see our Dreamers left on the side of the road because of an inaction from Congress,” he said.

About 57 out of every 100 jobs in Silicon Valley requiring a bachelor’s degree or higher are filled by someone who wasn’t born in the U.S., according to Guardino.

That's better

Ugh. Blew the greentext because I'm a tard. The whole thing is a quote from the article.

>"This is horrible for tech! We can't bring in foreign nationals who won't negotiate for wages as high as native born citizens! It's outrageous to expect us to actually pay people an amount closer to the real value of their labor!"

The Indians on H1Bs are not doing high paying jobs. Some of them are working for a place to live, a ride to work and a few hundred bucks a month. Their agencies are basically stealing from them. Much cheaper than Americans still, even with the agencies taking a huge cut. And now you know why the Tech Left "loves diversity"; what they really love is cheap Pajeets and all the rest is a smokescreen.

Can confirm. Trying to hire a software engineer, 90% of resumes include a bachelors from India and a Masters in the US at some shitty college.

This is literally why 90% of the internet voted for trump, for the record.

I for one can't find a fucking job as a computer programmer because I have to compete with Pajeet from DeVry Unviersity of New Delhi.

I even have an offer to work at the DHS and my goddamn boss would be a Pajeet.

How does a degree from a state university look compared to that?

Most US born candidates have very weak resumes with no real world experience, maybe a github account with a few shitty projects, and all the technologies listed that everyone else has: c#, sql, javascript, html5, css, etc etc etc. As much as I would love to give preferential treatment to US born candidates, on paper I just can't.
Pajeet knows how to pad a resume, let me tell you. Interviewing them is even worse, half you can't understand.
Very sad, many such cases!

>90% of the internet voted for trump
Didn't know internet voted.

So you’d rather hire a dude you can’t fucking understand than an American?

The internet votes with memes.

Neck yourself

Not what I would rather do, what I am legally obligated to do. I have to consider all candidates fairly.

Why are Indians so intelligent?

"white privilage"

Most of them are poo's who probably couldn't even install steam.

>pajeets
>high paying jobs

Their code looks like shit, yet they keep getting hired... *sigh*

>Why are Indians so intelligent?
They really arent. Working with them is a pain in the nuts, they only know one language, one architecture and one method of building an environment and will try to bend every project to it. If the project cant be done on a redhat server in java then redhat on java poo will tell you it cant be done after wasting 2 months to reach that conclusion

Silicon valley is a post-national shithole, man. Canada the industry.

Actually their average IQ is only 81, only the top 0.1% make it to USA

You still haven't solved how that .1% it's so smart.

>Their code looks like shit, yet they keep getting hired... *sigh*
Fucking this

An American college sophomore studying CS writes clearer and more elegant code than any Pajeet

t. american software engineer who has to work with many pajeets and try to decipher their retard-tier code

Its always been like that though, companies in silicone valley have always tried to rip off their workers. This is where the """""""wageslave"""""" meme comes from

burgrers are not the only white on the planet

This too

Pajeets are yes-men. If you ask them to do something, they will ALWAYS say "yes" every single time. Then you check with them the next day, and they say it's coming along, they're still working. A week later you say "hey wheres my code" and they say "sorry, I think it's impossible"

Maybe .01% of Pajeets are good engineers, but those are the ones who have 15 years of experience working in a single technology stack.

Also do not forget that Pajeets always have tons of work experience.

Where an American student will list college classes are experience, a Pajeet has probably worked on 50+ projects as a hired contractor working for pennies when he was overseas. His code was probably awful, but he has at least been HIRED to work, even if he contributed nothing... sadly there's no way to see his shitty work since he obviously wouldn't show it to you.

I knew somebody else out there would understand

Signs that a Pajeet worked on your project:
>null pointer exception
>some mindless careless HTML fuckup
>DB connections being left open forever

Any time you get a NPE, you guarantee Pajeet didn't bother writing a try-catch block around something. Like, 110% of the time.

The top .1% of Indians write shit JavaScript.
Top .1% of whites go to the moon and orbit earth

>Most US born candidates have very weak resumes with no real world experience
>weak resumes

Damn. I worked 2 years professionally, know C#, Java, C++, XML, HTML, SQL, etc. but went back to get my bachelors at a state university, that's what I'm in the progress of doing. I'm not sure if having the degree matters or not when you're trying to get hired.

It's making me want to take that DHS job. It would look stellar on a resume.

What languages would you all recommend and what would you recommend if I was to look better than pajeet?

>companies in silicone valley have always tried to rip off their workers
As someone thats sat in on some hiring committees, I can see where the H1B shit came from and direct results of why its abused the way it is. Its a 2 pronged issue, with Poos with insane resume like
>10 years experience at age 22
>6 coding certs
>4 networking certs
>15 high level references and letters
>can control the weather to some degree
>6'2, 8% bodyfat 220 lbs
>once worked for 6 days without sleep or food to program a water filter system for his village in a language he invented
That accept an offer for 25k a year in California as long as they get an H1B. 25k a year in silicon valley is maybe 1/4 of the salary a fresh bachelors grad in the valley costs.

I can't wait to expropriate you.

>What languages would you all recommend and what would you recommend if I was to look better than pajeet?
Java, C/C++ and Python. No single language will set you above the rest, a link to your github or a portfolio of things you've made in your spare time is worth a ton. Or just an Oracle Java Cert.

>I'm not sure if having the degree matters or not when you're trying to get hired.
It does for most companies, because HR combs through the applications, and most of them probably filter out people without college.

You should know Java, .Net and Python. .Net and Java are basically the same thing, Python is a little different. Also SQL is important too.

I live there, it's a shithole
>30% white
>everyone and their dog is liberal
>everyone is either a shit or a spic
>Asians own everything
Someone help please.

Sexually?

some user once posted on here that he was hiring indians in india for some call center and how the resumes were all exactly the same with them listing skydiving as a hobbie, he made it a point to ask several of them if they knew what it was and several did not

we literally just had this thread a few hours ago.

spam thread, shit poster

sage

The DNC leads progress again!
(pleas ignore the hacking)

Good thing so much public money goes into education to train our workers for the 21st century high tech jobs.

And how much of those claims are true? I'm studying computer science right now and we have like 2 poos who can write simple java code but don't understand any of the classes.

Atleast they are better than syran dudes who claimed to be computer scientists and knew literally nothing

Fair enough, does game programmer experience look worse on a resume than say SQL database programmer?

this is what happens when skill takes a backseat to diversity in US higher ed

native americans don't want to go into these careers and work with all of the "Indians"

Well HR wasnt sure if they could actually control the weather but itd be racist to question it.

>no source link
It's obviously Breitbart you fucking newfag.

>Le Poo-in-loo Face

I workin tech in Silicon Valley, and I can confirm this is true. It's nothing but poos.

Why does the left never ask how much some Indian paid to get his degree over there?

>/pol

Why can't you nigger just write Sup Forums fucking bunch of newfags from plebbit.

Pretty much this, they are hiring code monkeys.
Also The Silicon Valley will be a dead meme in 15 years, more and more high tech startups are localized in Europe, the Bay still has the VC shekels but for how long? For example they are completely missing on cryptos while Singapore and Switzerlands are attracting thousands of great minds there.

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8 out of 8.88

>Teaching a global nation.

Neither looks better than the other, because "game programmer" means nothing. What technologies did you use? What sort of coding paradigms have you learned?

Also "game programmer" and "SQL database developer" would be entirely different skillsets and have nothing to do with each other, so they don't look better or worse than one another.

Also that code makes me want to throw up, I would never hire anyone who wrote that shit. Learn to abstract.

github is key, but highly organized and well commented so I can actually see what the fuck you did.

>People actually complaining that they can't get CS jobs, blaming muh pajeets

How low energy are you guys? They hand out programming jobs here like fucking candy. I know people (mostly bartenders, strangely), who spent 12-18 months learning CS, got a few certs, and landed a job easily. And everyone here knows pajeets are the grunts of CS. They do shitty work for cheap. Why would you even want those jobs?

>Most of these jobs are increasingly going to Indian immigrants.
Not the high-end SV jobs moron. Indians instead go to shit-tier companies like Infosys and Accenture who abuse both the letter and spirit of the H-1B visa.

>why are people mad that pajeets take all the entry-level programming jobs

Because Pajeets are taking all the entry-level programming jobs and driving down wages.

Hard to grasp for a retard like you I know.

Everyone saying "do STEM" is simply doing what these corporations want. If you all do STEM, the wages will go down even further and you will all be doing a mentally draining job with little reward.

when you make people in your nation compete GLOBALLY then you are fucking them over completely

>1st world worker with 1st world education
>expects to be paid like a normal person
>forced to compete for jobs with a 3rd world ape who barely knows what hes doing and is willing to work for peanuts and stack 30 to an apartment

globalization = 3rd world standards for 1st world workers

N U K E I S R A E L
U
K
E

I
S
R
A
E
L

So why hasn't Trump done anything about it yet?

Pajeets lie about their work experience

Breitbart isn't a reputable source

N U K E I S R A E L
U
K
E

I
S
R
A
E
L

>...got a few certs...
I have some strong opinions on education, one being that part of some courses should be a crack at some certs. My CISSP and Security+ certs make me worth more than an actual security expert even though they were from boot camps and I havnt done anything in security but cheese the CEC requirements. Most college students are less than worthless to my lab just because we would have to spend 30k getting them to a state where the government (our main contracts) accepts that they are competent.

because hes not a dictator and can't control 100% of US economic policies

the President doesn't have as much control over the laws of the country as you might think, hes not even in the legislative branch.

painfully obvious bait, try again retard

I'm seriously thinking about printing off articles like this and leaving them around high school's on parents night. Not enough people are red pilled on this yet. Just what do they think they are sending their kids to school for?

>Neither looks better than the other, because "game programmer" means nothing. What technologies did you use? What sort of coding paradigms have you learned?
Good advice, I'll keep it in mind.
>Also that code makes me want to throw up
Kek, it's going to get changed around later. It's horrendous at the moment I agree.

It looks pretty when it renders.

I'm 2 years into my CS degree. I really need you guys to hurry up with the DotR. I want to get a decent job when I graduate

This isn't really true. A lot of these people know what they are doing. It is simply that we aren't all unique snowflakes when it comes to slave jobs. Capitalism in this kind of big company, lots of replaceable people form is flawed in this sense.

Daily reminder that poo in da loos can't code. Over 98% of them can't code for shit, it's been proven in a legitimate study by an Indian IT firm. No seriously, vast majority of poos can only copypaste stale Java code, they can't actually think for themselves and come up with new software solutions.

The true level of poo in da loo computer skill
>The report was published by Aspiring Minds, an Indian skills assessment company, which based their report on a sample of 36,800 people from more than 500 colleges across India.
>The study states, “We find that out of the two problems given per candidate, only 14 percent of engineers were able to write compilable codes for both and only 22 percent were able to write compilable code for exactly one problem.” The test also found that of all the subjects tested, only 14.67 percent would be employable by a modern IT firm. When testing for candidates that could write fully functional code using the best practices and methods, only 2.21 percent passed the test.
>The test also found that of all the subjects tested, only 14.67 percent would be employable by a modern IT firm.
>When testing for candidates that could write fully functional code using the best practices and methods, only 2.21 percent passed the test.
>aspiringminds.com/sites/default/files/National Programming Skills Report - Engineers 2017 - Report Brief.pdf

Trump was right once again.
>BUILD THE WALL
>BAN H1B
>MAGA - American jobs for American workers

Ease of communication and well articulated speech in the common language of the company is crucial.

I'm an Indian. I'm tired of all the things people say about us. I mean, which other country is hated the most? North Korea? We're probably next to North Korea. Several people called me "pajeet", "who shits on the streets" "giv bob and vegana" as soon as I told them I'm from India. I'm now afraid of telling that I'm Indian. I feel ashamed. One person said "US should nuke India" on a youtube video about India and it got hundreds of likes or upvotes. Most of the things people say only apply to poor people and uneducated. People like me in the cities probably never saw anyone shitting on streets. I honestly never saw anyone shit on streets. At least from what I know, people don't shit on "streets" but in an open area like farmlands in villages. I keep my identity hidden and don't tell anyone that I'm Indian. I'm afraid they'll treat me differently. I keep trying to avoid those comments but they are affecting me. Not directly but indirectly. For example, read any Reddit threads about, you'll see hate comments about India. Fuck this shit

Retard.

YUCK! I'm a gamer and I think this looks like shit.

>Most US born candidates have very weak resumes with no real world experience, maybe a github account with a few shitty projects, and all the technologies listed that everyone else has: c#, sql, javascript, html5, css, etc etc etc. As much as I would love to give preferential treatment to US born candidates, on paper I just can't.
Dude, 98% of pajeets can't code. Over 95% of pajeet coders can't even write compilable and or fully functional piece of code.

A bit one sided, but it's just about the best you can get now.

Op is apparently the last person on Sup Forums to realize this is why so many Silicon Valley libshits reeeeeeeeee about Trump's upcoming immigration policy. They will be cut off from all their cheap Diaper Code and forced to pay qualified Americans to do the same job, meaning they'll have four new Ferraris instead of five.

Basically every company that has an interest in immigration policy, has an interest in fucking over American workers. That's the rule.

Can you explain why it is a reputable source? It uses anecdotal evidence

>don't learn anything from jews giving away nukes to the soviets
>make your entire stem, academia and tech giants foreign fifth column
US will crumble like a house of cards if put under any real domestic pressure.

What exactly qualifies as a 'reputable source' these days, when every media outlet has discredited themselves thoroughly and repeatedly?
The Mary Sue?

>What does /pol have to say about it
It's a known issue that's talked about constantly.

Basic Pack: some assembly knowledge, C, C++ , SQL, XML,
Python, tensorflow, scikit learn, pytorch other new neural net deep learn shit. Julia is an interesting software language, may take of bigly in the future!

Stay the fuck away from Java, php, javascript.
java is notorious for being filled with pajeets and stay away from php and javascript because pajeets are going to voerrun that shit.

>And everyone here knows pajeets are the grunts of CS. They do shitty work for cheap. Why would you even want those jobs?
Do you not have any idea how important grunt jobs are?
The way things are supposed to be structured in a healthy industry is that recent graduates with little experience do the grunt jobs for a couple years and then move up when they show they do quality work.
When you get choked out of all these entry level jobs by pajeets willing to work twice your hours for half the pay you can't get your career off the ground.

Please send pitures. Full open bobs.

Haven't you taken English 12 and learned about what a reputable source is?

So Breitbart isn't reputable because you don't like them, even though they've broken numerous stories which are inconvenient to your side of the spectrum. I understand.

I'm asking you to quantify your position and list "reputable sources" that haven't had journalists overtly working for the DNC or on the Fusion GPS payroll.

What are you doing here?

Go away. Stop shitting up the thread.

poo in the loo

This is nonsense. People working in these companies are not Dreamers, they are there legally on work visas. Why is this guy lying?

>HIGH-PAYING
>INDIANS
THEY USE INDIANS TO AVOID THE HIGH-PAYING PART

ITS HIGHER PAYING THAN ANYTHING IN BANGALORE BUT THEY PAY OUT LESS THAN HIRING NON-H1BAJEETS

They have Microsoft cert farms where they sit in a room of 300 and openly discuss each question against a list of already known practice questions taken from other cert farms who already took the quiz.

I know this because a pajeet I work with has MCSE and has no idea how to use group policy objects, I asked how in the fuck that made sense and he said they didn't explain the answers when they were giving them out to the group.

I'm taking notes.

Also functional programming.

Is it worth knowing?

assuming any of that info is legit, i have but one question/rebuttal:
>was affirmative action involved?
if no affirmative action is involved, then its literally just imported workers working there on a temp visa, similar to the H1B1 visa holders taking all the mining jobs here, and is (or should be) strictly illegal to considering the scale it has gotten to because it is denying natives their right to work.
if affirmative action is involved in the process of hiring these people however, then these people did not get in on merit and only on the color of their skin, which is discriminatory and obviously runs afoul of the whole "we want equality" spiel that all silicon valley loves to promote.
there are no other explanations that can be reasonably justified as non-Hispanic whites are still the majority of high qualification college grad earners (by a margin of about 15% compared to their closest competitor, Asians).

also
>hurr give me opinions
think for yourself tard, our opinions as a collective are very easily inferred.