Just how bad of a father was goku?

just how bad of a father was goku?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=naCXwUzRjiA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo_kissing
youtube.com/watch?v=k3iChwADIlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only literal psychopath assholes like Sohaku are worse.

Not nearly as bad as chichi a mother.

Good for a Saiyan.

Not according to minus.

I don't read nu-Dragon Ball.

It's for the best.

Well, let's see Goku's track record.

For the first five years of Gohan's life, Goku was around. I'm guessing Goku hunted and brought food to the table since aside from saving the world, that's about all he was good for. So he basically raised Gohan about as well as he was capable of for five years, though I'm sure Chichi did most of the actual rearing.

Then Uncle Raditz came along, kneed Goku in the gut and kidnapped Gohan. Goku basically died while trying to save his son, which he succeeded at doing mind you. What happened after that was out of Goku's hands, since he was dead. Also, more Saiyans were coming along even stronger than Raditz, so Goku basically had to train for a year in preparation.

So then the Saiyans arrive, kill everyone except Gohan and Krillin, and Goku gets them to leave. But he also pretty much broke every single bone in his body while doing so. Meanwhile, Gohan and Krillin go to Namek to find new Dragonballs to wish all their friends back. Goku himself can't go because his body's in shambles and it was gonna take a while to grow more Senzus. Once Karin finally has more, he sends Yajirobe to deliver them to Goku, which allows him to recover and he immediately makes his way to Namek. And then shit happens and Namek blows up.

Now, for the first time, Goku's absence from Gohan's life is Goku's fault. He's neither dead nor debilitated, and the Dragon was perfectly capable of wishing him back to Earth, but Goku refused just because he wanted to learn how to teleport. Now, teleportation in itself is probably a useful skill, but it also somehow didn't occur to him to teleport back to Earth after he learned it. Then again, maybe it was too far, whatever.

So he is not a bad dad. Okay. He goes through hell becoming a planet buster to protect his family from planet busters, yet still finding the light in the shitty situations.

Crazy guy, but gotta love him.

>it also somehow didn't occur to him to teleport back to Earth after he learned it. Then again, maybe it was too far, whatever

Didn't he say he would've teleported if Future Trunks wasn't there to kill Frieza? Granted you could say he could've teleported either way but you could just as easily wave that aside with "he needed the rest".

Even Toriyama admits he's not a great farther. This also sums up everything you need to know about Goku.

>The main character Goku is a strong, pure, good person, but he’s also a battle-obsessed, hopeless case of a human being, who has some issues as a father. Yet for some reason, he possesses a mysterious, lighthearted charm that keeps his circle of friends growing and growing.

Chichi was at least there

He isn't.
Though he could be better, it's not his fault Earth is under constant threats.

If that wasn't the case he could very likely be able to dedicate some time for his children and his wife.

That's a lot of words to basically write "retarded"

With regards to Gohan, he means well but is at odds with fate.

Goten however, is a different story. Goku doesn't seem to be even trying to be close with Goten.

He's been dead for the first 7 or so years of Goten's life do it's best we judge on after Buu.

That's kind of what I'm thinking about. Super's canon status is a debate of it's own, but if we go off of that, we see stuff like Goten wanting to help with the harvest, ChiChi scolds him for not doing schoolwork, and Goku just does the harvest anyway without even saying "aww come on."

>after defeating Buu, earth is safe for a while
>proceeds to train Uub for who knows how many years without caring about his family

in a world where a magic bean instantly heals you, and a dragon that can bring you back to life exists, death and injury have zero meaning.

Extremely bad. That scene you posted? Toei filler.
Here is the manga version.
Next page is Goten cowering behind Gohan before the chapter ends.
(1/2)

Here is the next chapter. Is Goku talking with his newly discovered son? No. He literally doesn't give a shit. Poor Goten.

I prefer Toei here. Spare me your >not muh canon nonsense. They did a good job enough job with this scene.

>good job enough job

thanks famas *upvotes*

>proceeds to train Uub for who knows how many years without caring about his family

I like how you're omitting the decade he spent with his family. Even ignoring the shit with DBS, which takes place during this spell, we see Goku working and hanging out with his family, when he isn't training or some shit is going down.

So you're just going to post these two pages and not the one where Goku hugs Goten before going back to the afterlife? Nice cherry-picking user. The only thing people can really fault Goku for is being nothing approaching a proper husband, but then that's a moot point if you're going to judge a pure-bloodied saiyan by human standards. As far as Goten goes, Goku, like Vegeta, doesn't seem to want their youngest kids dealing with protecting Earth anymore, if we're to go by how Goten and Trunks are treated in Super.

What the fuck is wrong with his posture in that picture.

You've never actually read dragonball have you?
The earth dragon originally could only resurrect someone once.
And the beans aren't like regular beans, they are an absolute bitch to grow.

>return of F proceeds as normal to the golden transformation
>during, freeza explains that while training on his home planet, ancient ruins and prophecy and ritual and shit, basically discovered how to harness the energy of the gods
>goku fights him in his red ssj God form, fight goes exactly as before
>vegeta steps in, his ssj God form is blue
>ssjblue isn't a thing

Would this have improved things?

The only times goku wasn't was when he died protecting gohan, i.e both times.

How bad of a husband he was? He admitted to have never kissed Chichi

I like to think he was just fucking with Vegeta at that point.

>The earth dragon originally could only resurrect someone once.
Meaningless by namek, and later the upgraded dragon balls.
>And the beans aren't like regular beans, they are an absolute bitch to grow.
You know it's funny, the cat had dozens of jars filled with the beans, they just magically became scarce because toriyama needed them written down so yajirobe ate them.

Super is horseshit.

It's more canonical than GT

It's also worse than GT.

Yeah, not that bad.

I disagree, but you're entitled to your wrong opinion.

In all seriousness though, Super's goku is practically a parody of himself, he may as well be a different character.

But he also could have talked to his family at any point using Kaio's telepathy, but never did during the entire seven years until right before the 28th Budokai. Goku a shit.

He also let both his kids die.

youtube.com/watch?v=naCXwUzRjiA

Chichi is a great mom, she's preparing her sons for success outside of fighting to save the planet every few years. In Super Gohan is already on his way to having a successful career.

He left his family to train some kid he didn't know. So yeah pretty terrible.

better than ging

Kaio is not a mobile phone, you know.

Goku is actually the villain in the series. He saves mankind from "villains" only out of his own selfish desire to fight. Dragon Ball Z is a dark tale about a morally corrupt man gambling away humanity's fate time and time again for his own pleasure (remember when he gave Cell a fucking Senzu bean). It's not a shonen and it's not a truly upbeat story. It's a dystopian story about giving a power hungry man and his brood total control over the fate of the world and universe and an in depth character analysis of how the human characters are forced to submit to his will and eventually develop a version of Stockholm syndrome (raising their hands for the spirit bomb to save humanity when Goku had multiple chances to end the fight earlier).

What's your point
Kaio isn't such a selfish asshole that he would be opposed to letting Goku talk to his family every once in a while

To be fair at least his kids were grown up by that point.

He is unironically a worse father and defender of earth than Vegeta

Nah, Vegeta is worse.
>Didn't care if Bulma and his baby were killed by Dr. Gero.
>Didn't give kid trunks a hug before he was seven years old.
>Generally make the problem WORSE (let Cell reach his perfect form, let Buu being revived, crush the potara when they could use it to whomp kid Buu's ass).

I mean, he's getting better, but he still has a long way to go.

Is not really retarded, is just like a... Ignorant.
low intelligence hi wits
he's just dedicating his entire life to fighting. Too good to be attached to everyday stuff and modern man life, not enough bad to take responsibilities in a world without any of our earth problems.

Even goku had those "i want to fight you but stronger" phases, is just sayan stuff. Probably like an istinct like the reproduction one

I refuse to believe that

Vegeta actually spends time with his son

He raped his wife and kids

I like anything that removes SSBlue as being crazy above SSGod.
Also Vegeta having a different coloured god-form makes it so that everyone has a unique one which is awesome and fits with Goku Black's SSR

Saiyans are bad parents overall apparently.

Yeah, Goku's ki was always kaioken red, Vegeta's was blue whenever he powered up on Namek (and pre SSJ gold). I think it makes sense

He is NOT a bad father.

That picture you posted is anime filler, that tells us everything we need to know.

She's a horrible wife, but a good mother. She may have Tiger Mother tendencies, but in the end she wants the best for her children. And while Gohan is a fucking jobber, he ended up becoming a scholar who's apparantly well respected in his field of specialization (whatever that may be).

>giving your hand to your wife like you're some kind of work buddy before you go to heaven

Jesus christ that shit is undefendable.

never understood this toei=not canon logic anyways. Dragonball was never just Toriyama, that's complete bullshit.

Even GT is canon.

Guess that explains the "Goku never kissed his wife" scene in Super. Still makes me wonder how he even ended up with two kids.

Garland doujins are canon.

Just saiyan, there's no kissing in them

It's an instinct to put dick in the pussy.
Or do you think homo sapiens is the only animal that need to learn that through communication.

he is just fine

>Let's meet again when you die!

Dammit Goku, you lovable bastard

>It's an instinct to put dick in the pussy.
Kissing is a somewhat natural thing to do as well. It's something humans have done in every culture (except maybe eskimos but that's mostly due to the climate. Liquids tend to freeze there).

how do they fug?

Well, they did.

>watching the scenes of the hyperbolic time chamber
>goku is reassuring gohan and telling him he doesn't have to push himself so hard while talking about being proud of him
>gohan is insisting on training even harder than goku wants him to until he faints in the outer reaches

I know that there's a reason they're acting like this, but it still feels weird.

He left his kid home alone with fucking Chi Chi. So yeah, pretty bad. Chi Chi's mothering has killed the Earth a couple times now. Thank you Dragonballs.

What is the context again?

I think people are really hard on chichi.
I mean I don't think any mom would want her 5 year old son to go out and fight some super powered genocidal aliens even if he is one of the strongest people on earth.
Also there is nothing wrong with ensuring that your child gets a good education so that they don't become a useless neet.

What is he telling him? He's coming out of the closet or some shit?

gohan tells to goku that he will be father

Why is he so stressed about it?
Didn't goku akready now due to the riual also I don't think Goku would care that much in the sense that it wouldn't bother him.

>japanese manners

Terrible. Not even once he checked his family when he was death. He would have know about Goten

>What is he telling him?
that sex makes babies

>Still makes me wonder how he even ended up with two kids.
Chichi raped Goku

What the fuck

He did pretty good for a guy who was forced into a marriage.

Not many people can say they died for their kid. Twice.

>Not many people can say they died for their kid. Twice.
The first time was Goku acting like a good daddy, that's true. Raditz showed up, wrecked Goku's shit and kidnapped Gohan. Goku fought to get his son back (though you can't blame him for letting Raditz slip the first time). The second time was probably more of a side-effect of wanting a good fight. After all, he did give Cell a senzu bean instead of letting Gohan beat the shit out of a weakened Cell.

>that sex makes babies
L-lewd

Saved

By that logic how do eskimos know how to cum?

I never said they never figured out how to kiss, just that they don't do it (outdoors).

Though to be entirely honest, it turns out what I said is a common misconception.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo_kissing

youtube.com/watch?v=k3iChwADIlU

>becomes a child again
>never bothers to undo this
>flies away on a dragon and abandons his family right when earth no longer has the dragon balls to unfuck it's shit up every few years

Good thing that never happened

>yfw Super writes it into canon as a parallel time line due to one last bit of time-fuckery

And his main reasoning for him staying dead is something Bulma said long ago.
"Goku always attracts trouble" so he wanted to stay dead so that he wouldnt bring trouble anymore, and the cell saga also had that baton pass shit.
Ironically, the moment he comes back for a single day, boom, majin buu happens.

He was basically staying dead for the good of everyone.

>tfw kame is immortal and will never get to see all his friends in the after-life again

>I'm gonna power up to 100% now
>lol k
>Goku what the fuck, attack him and kill him now when you have a clear advantage
>But King Kai, I'll never get the chance to check out the strongest guy in the universe at full power again

>Cell, fight my 11 year old son and try to kill him
>Oh here's a Senzu Bean to make it more fair lol

>lol I'm SS3 now, I can easily kill Buu
>Nah let's let the kids handle it

Nobody ever calls Goku out on his retarded faggotry.

>In all seriousness though, Super's goku is practically a parody of himself, he may as well be a different character.
This.
Super made goku extra dumb and added a good layer of retarded on top of it to finish it off with two breads of ignorance.
Goku stopped being ingenuous ever since he trained his mind with Kami.

Basically a nigger, only difference is that Moon turn him into full monkey, instead of fried chicken as for common niggers

In Dragonball Online and Xenoverse, Gohan goes off to write a book on Ki. He teaches the entire world how to control their Ki so that they're able to defend themselves from various threats whenever the Z Fighters aren't there.

I think Chichi did a fine job raising her kid. It might not have been the battle nut Goku and perhaps even Gohan sometimes wanted, but he's still saving the world in his own way.

Which I guess isn't really canon, but it might as well be.

People dont call him out in freeza because he didnt want to check on the strongest guy in the universe.
He wanted to destroy Freeza at full power out of pride and rage, which he does.
And he wanted to prove that Gohan is extremely strong and could deal with cell without a problem, which is what happens, proving that he was right once again.
His SS3 shit is arguably the only one that went wrong, but should have gone right, no one could even think that Buu could become super Buu.

People dont call Goku out on his retarded faggotry simply because his retarded faggotry actually works, showing that he was right all along and there was no reason to worry, different than someone like Vegeta, where everytime he does that, it backfires horribly.

They weren't able to kill Cell without Gohan going full rage mode

THIS