Jotaro or Josuke, who's stronger?

Jotaro or Josuke, who's stronger?

In a straight up fight between the two, and each knowing the others power, I'm pretty sure Jotaro would wreck Josuke.

As we can see in the first fight they have, CD can apparently break SP's guard, but with SP's time stop ability would just remove any kind of challenge Jotaro might have had.

Considering CD is a short range stand as well, there isn't really much Josuke could do to work around this without preparing something like the glass shards or blood cutters like during Kira's battle.

In a fair fistfight, Crazy Diamond is faster and stronger than Star Platinum. But it doesn't matter because Star Platinum can stop time, meaning Jotaro would win no contest.

There is literally no way to counter stopping time other than being able to do it yourself. That's why Araki had Diego win in SBR.

Lies. All of SP stats are bigger. If you are saying this because of their first encounter, Jotaro was surprised and Josuke as in hair rage. If Jotaro was pissed, like he was against DIO, Josuke would be fucked, even without the power to stop time.

Giorno

Jotaro no prob even though he becomes a little bitch when he gets out of highschool.

SP durability went from A to E when it becomes SP: The world

It is not far to compare them after the nerfs. I'm saying that, when both of them were the main character. Jotaro, as Jojo, was stronger than Josuke.

Powerlevels mean shit in Jojo,
it took four men, two deaths and several episodes to even figure out that timestop was being used against them in Stardust Crusaders, yet a single rat not only figures it out instantly but counters it after only a few seconds.

Giorno

Jotaro is better in a fight. Josuke's power is infinitely superior in every other situation.

In SDC Dio could stop time for 10 seconds, Jotaro could only blip around a very short distance with SP.

Ratt figured out that Jotaro didn't have a huge range of movement and would always just appear a step right or left after he 'disappeared'.

With Dio that would have been basically impossible to counter the same way since he can stop time for WAY longer, so it's a much larger area he could potentially re-appear in.

jotaro obviously

>Crazy Diamond is faster than Star Platinum
>SP's fucking power is literally being so fast that it can stop time

So you mean Jotaro during SDC but still with SP:The World?

As it was, I thought the purpose of that first encounter was specifically to show that CD was at least a little faster than SP and that Josuke was able to spot a weak point in Jotaro's guard that Jotaro didn't notice.

Jotaro P6 > Jotaro P3 > Josuke P4 > Jotaro P4

> Being so fast that it can stop time

That's not what the world does, it literally just stops time within it's power range.

In terms of actual stand speed, not using the world, CD is likely faster than SP.

What happens with him in part 6?

Or you can just straight up ignore it.

>That's why Araki had Diego win in SBR.

Diego had a huge unfair advantage after Valentine explained Johnny's entire ability.

No you fucking retard, that's not how it works. Time stop in JoJo is completely supernatural and has nothing to do with speed. See the Pucci fight.

This was stupid as fuck. In STC the time stop happens in the entire world, but in DIU its just in 5 m? Stupid nerfs man

He gets fucking demolished without doing anything. That dude is high to say he's better than part 3 Jotaro.

He actually trains SP:TW and improves its ability for the first time in the series.

He's trained to make his "The World" power last longer than it was in part 3 or 4.

That being said though, P4 Jotaro could still wreck Josuke, the time stop and the fact that their stands are both close range makes it no contest.

Jotaro can only stop time for 2 seconds in Part 3. He only got "fucking demolished" because he had to protect his shitty daughter while fighting Pucci. If it was a one on one fight Jotaro would have bodied him even with MiH.

Ok, DIO vs Kira. Who was the best villain?

Why is Jolyne the worst jojo? Does Araki hate female protagonists?

> the time stop happens in the entire world

This is a little weird to explain, in retrospect, I think the whole deal with The World in part 3 and 4 is that, yes, the range is the entire world, but the 'range' is put at a certain distance because that's how far the user can travel during that stopped time.

DIO was more entertaining, Kira had more depth. I love them both for different reasons.

DIO would destroy Kira in a 1v1, even with Bites the Dust, Kira would only be able to delay the inevitable.

Why is Hayato making such a big deal about Bites the Dust? He can just keep trying again and again, and if he fails, he can just write "my dad is kira" and reset the day

It's literally that tom cruise video game movie

Pucci actually considered Jolyne to be a greater threat than Jotaro due to her creativity.

Diavolo vs Dio, who wins?

Kira can end the loop after everyone is dead to kill them permanently.

He was freaking out during the third time skip because Kira would be there to see Josuke and Co. blow up too, and he would then just pull back BtD and time would continue to flow normally.

Its been a couple years since I read it but I seem to remember their final fight being more of a draw than "Alt-Diego wins"

Johnny is defeated pretty thoroughly, but survives. Diego is taken down through First Lady keikaku.

EVEN THOUGH JOTARO SHOULD HAVE KILLED PUCCI TWICE

THERE WAS NO REASON PUCCI WAS ABLE TO DODGE IN STOPPED TIME, AND JOTARO FUCKED OVER THE WHOLE UNIVERSE BECAUSE "MUH DAUGHTER"

FUUUCKKK

Jotaro was the best Jojo by far. That moment, in the fight against DIO, when he says something like "You lost because you pissed me off", was probably the best moment in the series.

Kira is a legit idiot who runs on nothing but a tiny amount of luck and STUANDO POWA so easily Dio

Hard to say, I can't imagine what would happen if Dio could stop time within Diavolo's 'erased' time.

Maybe Diavolo would still be able to 'see' what Dio's doing in the stopped time, like during that 'erased' ten seconds he can see Dio blinking out of existance and re-appearing somewhere else. That being said though, Dio is a pretty tough customer anyway, and the only way for Diavolo to destroy him would be to get him out in the sunlight, which I'm not sure he'd be able to do with just KC.

Araki likes females more than his editors. See: the whole part two LisaLisa vs Cars fiasco.
While I can understand that the MCs final fight being running away from a villain his mom just beat wouldn't be too appealing to young boys, ultimately it was because Shonen Jump didn't wanna show a woman winning anything.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if SJ meddled in part 6s ending behind the scenes and thats why he switched magazines? Thats just a theory though. Can never be sure about this kinda shit because of asian saving-face culture. For example Its been 20 years and we still dont know why Imagawa left Shin Getter Robo staff after episode 3

I agree

DIO can be killed by destroying his brain (Polnareff almost got him this way) or destroying his Stand (how Jotaro killed him) and King Crimson can do both.

>>SP's fucking power is literally being so fast that it can stop time
>this meme again

Kira was a better villain but he also has the weakest stand out of all of them

Ah, right, I can see him destroying the brain, but I don't think KC would win out strength wise if he fought directly with Dio's stand.

But yeah, the biggest question mark in that fight would just be what would happen if Dio stopped time in Diavolo's erased time, and if Diavolo would still be aware of it or not.

>what would happen if Dio stopped time in Diavolo's erased time
that's not the biggest question, that's easy as fuck to answer

A guy who can stop time and fuck your shit up, vs a guy whose own powers don't even work on himself.

I think jojos got this one you guys.

It always depends who draws first.
If DIO does it before Diavolo can activate King Crimson, he can blow a hole into his chest.
If Diavolo does it before DIO can activate The World, he can skip over everything, including frozen time, and then reposition himself for a head crush.
Unless DIO can react in time, he'd lose to KC. Same with Diavolo.

>I don't think KC would win out strength wise if he fought directly with Dio's stand.

lol?

Jesus Christ that's gonna be fun as fuck to watch

Maybe even kill that "it just works" meme.

not a chance

is it 2018 yet

not even next year's rohan OVA can tide me over for Blono's death

>these digits! Must be the work of an enemy stand!

Kira

Highway go go

I always thought he managed to see in stopped time similar to Jotaro. You could theoretically justify it through the Dio-part he had OR exposure in general to "The World."

I wouldn't be surprised if like KC, you could build a slight (though negligible unless used cleverly) resistance to timestop or use tactics to keep up easier (like the blood drip with KC).

CR was a mistake

Being able to punch through a person =/= being able to punch through The World.

I'm talking about the strength of KC and TW on each other.

Well do we have any stats? Get the stat sheets out user

Diavolo. His stand is as physically strong as the World, or even a little more stronger, and he can use Epitaph to see what will happen and predict Dio's movements. He then can erase time to close distance and get to his brain.

Diavolo has the upper hand because of Epitaph.

They both have A strength, but KC has E durability while TW is A.

That being said though, the stats are garbage, and pretty much change as needed and from part to part in terms of comparative strength.

It's settled then, TW wins.

Can King Crimson erase the exact moment when The World stops time?
If he does that, then wouldn't it nullify any actions made by DIO during the stopped time?

That's how erasing time works, yes.

I never really understood why SP got The World powers. They are equal stands? WTF..

Can someone explain?

The whole problem is that KC doesn't exactly 'erase' time, just makes it so no one else is 'aware' of that time, right? And they still act as they would if nothing were happening, i.e a dog will still be able to take a shit in stopped time, it just won't remember it once KC becomes inactive.

In that case, Dio would probably still be able to use 'The World' during stopped time, the question is, would Diavolo's Epitaph still pick up what Dio is doing during stopped time? Or would it be like it is in reality, where he just blips out of existence for an instant?

It's subtly hinted through the entirety of Stardust Crusaders how Araki wrote himself into a corner with The World so he asspulled that

Shh sh shut the fuck up. It's called JoJo's 𝐁𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞 Adventure.

I fucking love Araki. No one said more "fuck it" than him.

>KC doesn't exactly 'erase' time
Yes it does. Remember the fight against Metallica: he killed Nero by erasing the moment when Aerosmith's bullets hit him.

I'm pretty sure that Araki had planned at the beginning for the idea of stands and Dio's power would be different, as I hear it, Dio was going to be 'owner' and reason that all stands existed, or something to that effect, and some crazy shenanigan would lead Jotaro into getting "the world" added to his stand.

What we know is pretty sparse, but I guess you could just say Araki had probably planned it differently but had to make changes and end up doing the whole 'same type of stand' explanation.

Man that would have been cool

Ahh, I think I remember now, yes that's true, but not exactly right I think? The whole time this still isn't erased, like we saw during the fight, stands still move and try to attack within the 'erased' timeframe, they still happen in reality, just that no one except Diavolo can remember that timeframe, but there's also the fact that Diavolo can nullify the 'effect' when the 'cause' still exists, right? Like someone can shoot a gun at Diavolo during stopped time, but the bullets will pass through him, or something like that.

Throughout pretty much the entirety of SC, SP is never shown to have any stand power, which becomes more and more of an anomaly as the series goes on. Just being very quick and having high precision isn't really a power so much as a human being in top physical shape is a super power.

You could make the argument that the finger thing SP can do is its power but other stands can also do that (and to much larger degree e.g. HG.). I still think it's a cop out that it has the exact same power as Dio's World (when that's never been the case with ANY 2 stands) but the Joestars only awakened stand powers because Dio awakened his so inheritance leads to similar stands but whatever.

Finger was dropped
And the reason he doesn't have anything special apart from Time Stop is because he's the last surviving original stand and his gimmick was originally super high physical stats
I mean look at say Chariot. Its got far less going on

At least Chariot had a weapon and could get to speeds even higher than Star Platinum once it shed it's armor.

The sword broke a lot though and he hardly ever did the armor thing

Jotaro Best MC

Finger was more of a call back to Hamon Punch than anything

I think it's enough to say SP's power was extreme speed/precision. We've seen him do incredible things to save Jotaro's life like stopping bullets or restarting his heart

> he hardly ever did the armor thing

You could chalk that up to Polnareffs stupidity, or the fact that once it sheds its armor, Chariot is significantly weaker.

Somewhat comparable to the fact that Okuyasu almost never used The Hand in useful ways.

At least Okuyasu barely had fights
The armor seems like the finger and just dropped. Though initially he seems faster it seems to have dropped off a fair deal judging by the Anubis fight where he won pretty easily in the first round

wow so many jojo reference in this thread man truly the best anime of the cnetury

The problem with a straightforward fighter stand like Chariot was that basically all the stands in SDC had abstract powers and weren't able to be attacked directly.

* and shedding it's armor to become faster wouldn't have really been able to turn many fights in his favor

This. I lost my mind seeing that, it was so perfect.

What would his stand be?

High Dio was digging his fingers around in his brain to show off and he's survived getting cleaved down the middle before. I think the brain thing was just because he wasn't jacked on Jojo blood.

Jotaro has some of the highest moments of ANY JoJo in the series.

He probably has the best one-liners too.

>pic very related

>Dio looks inside the manhole
>this spot's taken

Only part of the series to have me laugh so hard I cried.

>that file name

>In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if SJ meddled in part 6s ending behind the scenes and thats why he switched magazines?

I remember an interview I saw years ago when Araki said that, when he came up with Pucci's final power, he couldn't think how the heroes would beat him, and said "well, they're screwed" but went with it anyway.

>Here's your receipt.

That's some Stone Cold Steve Austin nigga shit.

But wasn't Epitaph automatic? Like, he would automatically see the immediate future if he were threatened.

Anyway, considering that KC can see the future, I think he has an edge.

Exactly, so if the entire lenght of the time stop were to be erased, any damage Dio did to him during that time would be erased too.

Led Zeppelin. It would look like an actual zeppelin, but in small scale. I don't know what would it do though.

Yes, that's right, so Dio would still be able to stop time, but any attacks he lands on Diavolo wouldn't happen, or something like that.