Are video games degenerate?

What do you think?

Pardox's DLC policy is just like jew.

vic2 is good

Vidya is for children

Some are. Why do you want to know, and more importantly what the fuck are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be spreading your agenda and conquering the world right now?

Its what's keeping everyone from chimping out back to the dark ages so it depends on your definition of degenerate.

depends on the game

I think OP is a fag

Mount&blade is the only alpha game allowed by the alt right

everything in excess is ddegenerate
having right ammount of vidya in your life can be therapeutic and save you from redpill induced insanity

Paradox makes good games and is a greedy fuck at the same time. It's getting slightly better though but not much.

It is a time waste out of which you gain nothing in return to present to yourself or others.

No matter what other people say, playing games is for kids and always will be. What normal human being with goals and ambitions will waste his/her time in front of a screen moving pixels around?

In 5-20 years you will regret spending that much time at pc when you will realize that you have not grown as a person one fucking bit, become smarter or fitter. Did not meet interesting people or fuck girls. You will realize that you only wasted your life away minute by minute. It is easier to be a loser at a pc screen since it takes no effort at all.

Depends heavily on the game, games can be but all aren't

>alt right

Are movies degenerate?
Is music degenerate?

Let's go case by case then.

What about mario?

You are most likely correct.

depends on the film or album, but objectively speaking, most modern ones are.

Movies don't take as much of your time away as games do.

Music doesn't take any of your time away, since you don't have to interact with it.

VICKY 3 WHEN

bing bing wahoo

Wouldn't consider that degenerate, harmless and fun.

It's just a hobby, like anything else, but I do laugh heartily when trumpcucks try to inject their faggy politics into their faggy hobbies ("MUH SJWs")--that's degenerate.

Those map painting simulators suck.

>everybody must be smart, fit, socialize and fuck girls
how about no?
I'd rather waste my life on stuff I like than force myself to do shit I hate (socialize)

Good goy of course this random negroid tribe has muskets in 1610. Technology group bonuses? Come on it's 2017 we are beyond this racism.

In general, no, but (((movies))) and (((music))) are

Spending too much time on not building up the world is bad. Many of our best creators are now creating things virtually. Which can be great economically but you have to wonder what other great wonders could have been created had they made physical works.

I won't deny the great profitability though. So... so long as our creators create... good on them I guess.

yes to both

t. low iq faggot
there are games that increase your knowledge, your skills and/or your intelligence

It's Mario white?

Because it is easier to hide away in your room than to socialize, study or do sports.

You just don't like anything that requires effort.

Shame the devs are smelly Turks that ban you if you make a crusades mod.

I think that anything is degenerate in excess. Playing a game to unwind after a long day, sure.

>Military and corporations are children because they use simulations to expose people to certain situations in a safe, cheap manner.

I hope you stay away from careers for children, like being a pilot.

checked

>never played Cuphead

>Movies don't take as much of your time away as games do.
That depends on how much you play. When I do play, I play intensely for a few days then not at all for weeks. Movies I watch much more often.

Actually books take more of my time when I'm currently reading one than anything else since I'm nearly incapable of laying one down when I get hooked.

I think Sup Forums has become a cult at this point

fucking kek

>trial and error = hard

Books improve your vocabulary, help you write stuff better and actively make you use your imagination.

>video games are all one thing

nope

It's just a fucking hobby. Like woodworking, kite flying, or some other useless bollocks. Old cunts and retards like to thing it's bad because you're just sitting at a screen, but you're not. If you're just sitting at a screen, you're not playing a game, and the system isn't on.

Games are unproductive to the cause, but fun, but then so are pretty much most hobbys. It's also cheap, the amount of games you can play for next to nothing, compared to anything else is absurd. It's why it's such a big hobby.

>cuphead
>hard

>yellow-orange skin
>from (((Brooklyn)))

no

>thinking Cuphead is difficult
What the fuck is wrong with gamers today

Once I completed Dark Souls in 2014 back in high school I saw how pointless this whole thing was and games in general. It gave me nothing, I did not have better grades because of it, I did not run faster. I just beat a game.

Besides, have played it since my younger brother asked me to help
him.

Paradox games are patrician.

I've been playing Stellaris a lot lately. You can choose to be a fanatical xenophobic military dictatorship in that game, and enslave/purge other races.

this better be bait.

/thread

The amount of faggots that larp about being sages of wisdom like Varg Kikernes here boggles the fucking mind. I play games because I enjoy them and they're cheap. I also might happen to enjoy motorcycling, but that's way more expensive and arguably as equally "productive" as playing videogames. Cunts in these kinds of threads are ridiculous.

I disprove your argument on the basis that I am currently in the process of drinking cofee, writing status report for my studies, and there is my roommate playing vidya near so I reddpill him slowly from time to time
It is not easier nor harder, it is just pain in the ass to deal with other people and I hate it.
Also, having sex is for some people easier than finishing Darkest Dungeon, Dwarf Fortress or any other autismo simulator

Sure,
But why should I try. Like its my life, I don't want to spend it suffering by dealing with shitty social events.

Gaymes are for fags. Gaymers need to develop their real world skills to get the most out of the real world otherwise they will remain failures. Middle aged people that play games are all failures.

>What is a convoluted and mutually exclusive example

Make love to me merchant

Playing strat games have definitely improved my geography and history knowledge.

>people believe this

I am on a 4 hour buss ride from village back to capital city m8. Either way I am wasting time.

You only get one life in the real fucking world fags, live it up on ps4 and fagbox

>you have not grown as a person one fucking bit, become smarter or fitter.
>If you play video games, you are incapable of doing anything else.
It's not opium, you fucking nerd.
>Didnot meet interesting people or fuck girls.
>Considering a service you can buy in most countries for money, or just liquor and attention in others, as an accomplishment
>Has the audacity to call other people losers
I bet people are always glad they met you.

this
i fucking hate to have to socialize

That's right goym. Life is sort so why not live it in a hedonistic and self-serving way?
Have as much unprotected sex as you can, travel and help foreign economies, and make sure be a become fit Chad.

While you are at it goym, remember to chuck out your books and films. They have no value to you.

Yeah vey?

The Jew Fears the E-Athlete

popular opinion = kike agenda
most people don't consider E-Sports to be legitimate = Israel is afraid of Digital Sports
e-sports = focus on intellectual and spiritual
meatsports = promoting barbarity and the mundane, the Circus part of Bread & Circus

He is italian, so no.

playing vidya and browsing chans taught me English better than any prof did.

>Are video games degenerate?
if they promote degenerate things yes

Gamers are eternal losers

>4 hours
>not playing on your phone
you better read book or do some crosswords or at least sudokus

how does that make you a better person?

>games that increase your intelligence

It's a medium like tv and of course some productions or even most of them ( like this thread ) will be gay.
I own ps4 but I am not much of a gamer but sometimes I come across some gems like "Firewatch".

but unless you are a professional athlete, literally who gives a fuck how fast you can run? point is of course that vidya is just as useless as any other hobby, and the only real question is whether you get enjoyment out of it. if you only find enjoyment in being productive 100% of the time, good for you, but the majority of the human race tends to balance "being productive" (work) with relaxing/entertaining oneself.

would/10

It's good to have well-rounded knowledge of the world, IMO.

young kids who play rhythm and puzzle games usually have better pattern recognition and FPS faggots have better reaction time

>gems like "Firewatch".
sell your ps4, horrible taste, walking simulator is not a game

i play vidya most days, and i have a wife & a family, a house, and can guarantee that i make several times your salary.

sounds like you're just projecting your insecurities like a typical trumpcuck.

Do they finally have an interesting mid-late game in it? Last time I played it was around May, and it still feels like most interesting things to do run out once the whole exploration and discovery-phase is over. Internal politics and economy pretty much run themselves and war in Stellaris is kinda boring, especially when your empire just becomes a rolling snowball which AI just can'st stop.

A CUTE

Some are and some are not, look do what you want with your life. I might have rushed and said that "you will regret it", because of my own experience. OP asked a question, I answered it.

This,the more permavirgin gamer losers the european nations creat the more blood will flow when their enemyes will take advantage of it.
All the neet,weeb and gamer losers are barely able to walk 10m to a grocery store and get what they need,now imagine a ww2 scenario only worse....kek.
In the end the weak will perish either by getting killed,killing themselfs or not breeding fine by me....

LOL at all the responses in this thread. 90% of you people here would never have come to Sup Forums if not for feminists attacking your precious video games.

Spacechem actually helped me a lot with automatism.

not a single white person

but they did and now we have Trump so fuck off
stormniggers would never be able to pull it off alone

fps gamers are not a good example, but I agree with puzzle games, e.g. Talos Principle or The Witness

it doesn't hurt once you have established a useful skill for society.
wasting your time studying sociology probably makes you "smarter" but it serves no direct useful purpose.

Why self serving? You can help other people. I had a chance to mentor 2 younger dudes with confidence problems and help them overcome their insecurities.

>he thinks I give a shit about vidya past the 7th console gen

Yes. Next?

>or at least sudokus
>tfw not committing sudoku on the bus ride back to my rundown eastern european city

just stop playing videogames, you dumb nigger.
same for watching hollywood movies.
Don't participate.

I'm not a fan of modern shooters either but FPS is king

And Sup Forums woould've been better of without it,ever since gamer gate it has been a downward travel into levels of reddit and normalfaggotry that i have thought were not possible.Its like the summer never ends full of kids here for "le edgy pepe memes".

>2 younger dudes with confidence problems and help them overcome their insecurities.
I am almost sure that they are confident enough that they can play vidya gaems
where is the problem? They do not fit into your arbitrary vision of the world that you approve?

Did not have anything to take to read with me, as I went there for a funeral.

Video games are fun though, suck my dick.

no, they're coddled manchildren who were never taught how to interact with people in the real world

fuck off 52%
I'd rather become gay muslim commie than drop vidya
it is my last stand and my favourite guilty pleasure hobby and I will defend it eternally