/ss/ - Secret Santa

Reminder to finish up your cards and presents this weekend to ensure a timely delivery.

Other urls found in this thread:

deutschepost.de/content/dam/dpag/images/B_b/Briefe_ins_Ausland/pdf/priorityaufkleber.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sent out my present last week!

>tfw STILL no idea what to write on the cards

>Got all the presents yesterday
>went to a store to pick up some candy to throw into the box
>store didn't have one particular kind that I want absolutely to send

Today I won't give up before I check every single store in my area. But yes, I'm planning on shipping it out today regardless

Just found out that you can put this on your letters here in Germany to get fastest shipping.
It's apparently free.
>deutschepost.de/content/dam/dpag/images/B_b/Briefe_ins_Ausland/pdf/priorityaufkleber.pdf

What about ur a feget ?

One of my anons has already received his gifts and card, feels great.
But I'm worried about the other user, some guy from Canada who sould already received the package I sent literally two weeks ago but looks like international shipping from Europe is shit.

Right now I am finishing up some of my illustrations. I'm trying to match the style of my requests as closely as possible, I hope my anons like their pieces.

This year I'll be changing my card sending format, I'll be using into a standard hand made envelopes for everyone since the custom cardboard protection I made last year end up being over kill and because of that ended up costing more to send ( around 23 bucks 10 peeps insane! but worth it.)

currently, I am double checking everything with a mock up before the final print version of my cards. they are being made with the highest quality paper and inks after all! so far so good. the illustrations are looking nice too, I even made sure to watch some of my user's anime to get a better feel for their requests.

so. do you guys have a good strategy for sending cards?

how are your requests going?

good wishes everyone!

Doesn't the idea that you'll be late scares you? I had the same problem before so I sat in KFC in front of Post Office and quickly wrote everything that came to my mind and run to send the cards just in time they were closing.
Come on user. It'll be embarrassing either way no matter what you write. I'm sure they'll like it because there is your kokoro in it.

you can talk about the holidays and how you are dealing with your life at the moment. or maybe you can point out how interesting this little exchange is even though we don't know each other, that and also how that is a blessing that warms up our hearts even though we are so awful to each other most of time... (at least I am not! I am a disciplined lurker...) you could also talk about the request and how you came to create your card. also mention how the anime your user watches makes you feel.

I hope this helps user! you can do it!

My gifts are all wrapped and my user's card included in the box. Feel free to read the card, TM from fucking Alaska. It doesn't contain anything that would spoil the gifts.

I hope you can hold off on opening your gifts until Kurisumasu though.

Fuck. Time to try to churn out my two card anons' designs now.

Stay with Prority maiil international or go EMS? Decisions, decisions.

It doesn't matter if I write them right now or tomorrow or even Monday morning because they won't be leaving the post office before Monday afternoon so I'm not in a big hurry.

I`m trying to picture this in a manner in which i don`t laugh my ass off. Help ne out.

Still have to wait till I get paid on Monday to send out my gifts. Hopefully I can wake up early enough to get them out before the cut off time (2 PM, I'm an insomniac).

>Had my cards made and already inside the envelope.
>Went to work.
>Come back home to find out my mother who I'm taking care of decided to clean my room and accidentally spilled cleaning spray on them and they are ruined.
I might need to let them know I'll have the cards late.

Well, imagine some weirdo with a bucket of chicken, big bag, and a pile of cards with anime girls all over them who keeps sitting in one place till night furiously writing something and occasionally staring at the Post Office from the window.

That way of thinking is a root of your laziness.

Updates!

GV from Netherlands, I'm sorry. Something came up and I need to send your present a few days later. Don't worry user, I will the fastest deliver.

HG from Mexico and BC from MA, ccards are finished, but I wanted to create something new. So, I will try until wednesday. Don't worry, I will be sure to send them!

Card arrival!

Thank you to KL for the lovely card!

And a card from J arrived!

Cute, is it watercolors?

I hope anons won't post my cards so that Sup Forums won't see how bad I am.

To CM from Halifax, Nova Scotia, I shipped your Christmas Care Package out yesterday. Should arrive in 8-10 buissness days, so just in time for Xmas, maybe a week or so early depending. Hope you enjoy all your goodies! And so help me god if you open your gifts early and post photos in these threads before Christmas. I know where you live. I will find you. And punishment shall be adequate to say the least. Just playing senpai, do whatever you want. Open it early or on Christmas. Just take some pics and throw them up in these threads when you open them!

To all the other anons, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Here is the inside (with some Yen!). Not posted is the letter filled with spaghetti and love that came with it.

So it would seem!

I don't read text in user's photos of the cards they got because I'm ashamed of what I wrote and others might feel the same and it's kinda wrong to read a letter that was meant for someone else. It's like an intimate bond between two. Like, you are okay to be embarrassing only for a person for whom you wrote a letter.

I got stamps and suppliess to finish up my cards.

And I drew Maki for Jacob of CA.

I'm sending all of my cards next week so my anons can get them on time.

The latest they will be sent is Friday because I'm also doing a card for my grandmother; her birthday is this Wednesday.

>/blog/

Oops forgot the picture.

GV from Netherlands!

Your gift has been sent, and the organizers have the tracking number should you wish to track it.

I'd recommend that once the parcel arrives to Netherlands, you should start using your postal tracking website. The one I linked can get a bit shitty with international parcels once they leave the country. This is from experience.

And! Please open the box as soon as it arrives. There's candy inside. Everything else is wrapped so you won't be spoiled.

I had ro relake it because it was somehow upside down.

Time to ship stuff.

That hoodie is also going to places.

You should learn how to rotate images.

Who do I email to get in touch with the organizers? The same email address that sent me my assignment?

It uploaded upside down. I don't know how that happened. When I went in the galley, the picture was rightside up.

You e-mail Hiro obviously for customer affairs.

be real with me boys, does this look bad? should I cut my losses and send them extra apology ginger snaps with their christmas package right now?

Look on your postal service's website for latest guaranteed delivery before christmas dates. It might only be a problem if you're shipping internationally, if you're shipping domestically or continentally then you're probably still fine even if you ship at the end of next week.

>Jacob of CA.
Does he still live at an address with two 5's, a 3 and a 6? I had him in 2014 and sent a second card and small stuff last year, but never saw it posted so I'm kinda worried I sent to an old address.

same boat senpai

Yup.

No worries user, I don't mind if it gets here a little later.

Do I really have to open it when it arrives?

JS from Germany
YLL from Italy
R from Czech Republic
VA from France

I'll be sending out the gifts next weekend.
To make it up with you I'll add some extra love

Is it too late to want to mail something to someone?

National or continental, no.
International, definitely yes.

National mail can arrive within 48hr. I've had to rely on that before, and sure enough they got there in time.
International shipping is quite a lot worse, but if you go through DHL or similar you can get 4-5 day shipping quite reliably too. But remember that it will cost you quite a lot.

I envy your present wrapping skills. I don't know how I can follow instructions every year and still end up with a ball of paper shit that looks like I just threw it together with tape.

Aaaaaah post my cards already, I just want to know they got there I put so much work into them!

I post this anons cards till Christmas!

*Don't post

God damn fingers sometimes. How do they work?!

Posted about 2 weeks ago and sent out 5. I think everyone just hates them

I mean, you don't have to unless you want to. I was just wondering how the candy survives the trip.

>tracking says he got it and has his signature
I'm delighted that you received it and it's your deal if you won't post.

>procrastinate and have to spend around hundred euros for EMS to be in time
Every fucking year I swear. I also haven't heard a thing from my santa, but at least I went for a low tier this time so it doesn't hurt so much even if I get grinched.

Do I need to fill out a Customs form to EMS a bloody christmas card?

the drill. you know it.
state your progress

Cards will be done and shipped by Tuesday, I swear.

I'm about finished with the 3 edits for the first card. Still got another 8-9 left to do. Likely going to be shipping everything around the 20th through express, because domestic recipients. Still worried as to how well the gift recipient's card is going to work, because it's a rather complex construction I'm going for.

I'm from the US, i didn't need to fill them out to send a card, but i did have to fill one out to send a gift to Mexico.

I might get to mail my shit sometime next week. I'll have to use the most expensive shipping though, but it should still be in time especially since all of my things apart from two cards are in my country.

just waiting for the last of my things to arrive so i can put them together and send them out

I am glad the card got to you safely! I can rest easy now.

I just need to figure out what to write on one so it's not a bunch of blank space inside and then I can start on my final card.

BC and FF of AZ I have all but one gift. Hoping to ship it out next weekend.

AW of OR I somehow managed to make you a card. I put it in the standard mail today.
A of FL I'm almost done with your card. Most likely shipped next weekend since I'll just be buying one of the PO's mailers.
JH of OR No progress yet but I should have it together before next weekend also.
DF of CA No progress but be ready. Next weekend shipped in a mailer hoping.

I'm really excited for cards now.

I still have 3 cards to make, then I have to print them all out and write the messages, this is going to end up being too late isn't it. At least I got the gift in on Friday and can speedship it...

8/10 cards done
3/4 presents ready to ship

Due to delays, it's not impossible that one of the presents could be a little late

Gift and 3/8 cards sent, one almost done just needs to be colored, and a bunch of trails to still undertake in Pokemon Moon. I'm sorry.

1/4 presents arrived
4/9 cards done

gomen

2/2 presents complete, only need wrapping
6/7 cards done.

Presents finally here. Just need to wrap and ship them. Thank god for express EMS
Cards are done, just need to post them.
I have the flu, just need to not die.

Gifts have been sent out on the 20th November. my user should have received it by now.

Card has been sent to HG of MX just there, this time FOR SURE you will have it in 5-7 working days

>express EMS

3/3 gifts and 10/13 cards sent!

I'm hoping to finish the rest this weekend and get them out hopefully by Monday the latest. Any other anons suffering because they signed up for too much this year?

All gifts and cards shipped even though I'm now two states away from where I live.

Guess I'll just lurk these threads to see if anons open my cards.

2/2 gifts posted
0/3 cards made but I now have my technique down!

Everything is packed but I still need to ship.

Just got the presents in the mail, time to start packing and drawing them cards.

Almost ready to start buying gifts and making cards

Me, 12 cards was really pushing my luck.

snet everything, haven't received anything.

I've been grinched the last 3 years, why stop now.

2/5 cards done. If I finsh tomorrow, I will send them all on Monday.

damn thats some good progress user
great job

1/10 Christmas cards done. Started getting an idea what to do for the rest, hopefully I can get them finished and shipped out this week

AVH from Del Haven still waiting for the last part of your damned gift to come in the mail. You aren't getting grinched, I swear!

BF from Arizona I got your gift. It's a lot biggerthan I was expecting, can't wait to tear into it

Lookey Lookey what came in

I'm calling in sick to work so I can work on cards.

And Inside, user you've melted my frigid heart

CS of AZ I got your card out Yesterday! Look for it in your mail in the next few days.

Thanks user, will make the last card today.

forgot to do initials user of sl qb
jd of ssm ont
pb of m ont

you're all in good hands and one of you will be receiving a clean still in package version of pic related

giving is the more fun part anyways

It's saturday man

a lot of people work weekends user
retail and service industry especially

Two gifts confirmed as arrived by recipients who didn't post the card in the package, one gift is bought and needs to be wrapped and shipped.

Only 1 of 7 cards completed though.

Maybe they just didn't open the packages in fear of gifts being in the open?

No open if waifu is Yukikaze Panettone.

First card done, nearly done with the second. I decided to write out my letters ahead of time so I can focus on making the card. As for my gift, I'm still waiting on one more damn thing. SAL was a mistake.

Oh snap, that's really good. Makes me feel bad about my not-so-great attempts to do similar.

Does does the entire workforce shutdown on weekends in your country?

Seeing some of these cards makes me feel better about mine. Not that I'm being mean or rude or anything, but I was worried my anons would hate my cards after all the effort I put in to it.

everything is done on my end, just waiting for it to get to its destination

going to use the extra page to reccomend my anons things i think theyll like
i hope i get it right
of course some will be classics in case theyre plen enough to not have seen/read it yet

It's Christmas user! Don't worry, I love yours already and I'm sure your user will too.