Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Thoughts on LOGH?

Other urls found in this thread:

yumei.com/gin/c_guide-e.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish there was a LOGH mod for RAI7

I should probably make one, it looks pretty easy.

moeshit

overrated garbage that newfags and redditors love to circlejerk about

Remake next year.

The closest an anime has come to being Shakespearean.

>The anime was first announced last year at the end of a stage play of Legend of the Galactic Heroes . The secretary of Yoshiki Tanaka, the author of the novels, has confirmed that the new anime series will indeed not be a remake of the 1988 anime series, but a brand new adaptation.

What did they mean by this?

Newfags here. Should i give this a try? 110 episodes sound like a bit hard tbqh

You might have a hard time getting through the first 20 or so episodes, but once you get invested into the story and the characters, it's very easy to watch. Leave before you get spoiled though my man.

It means that they discard character designs, art style, VA choices, plot alterations, changes in emphasis, etc.. that were introduced by the OVA's.
Pessimists are worried that the series would sink farther into mainstream territory, possibly with many loved characters aged down, genderflipped or merged to better fit the archetypes craved by audiences these days.
Optimists can look forward to getting back some of their favorite stuff that was removed or abridged when adapting the novels.

Watchable.

So it will still be the main plot? But closer to the novel?

So they'll remove Attenborough? Do not want.

One of few good anime

I've tried watching it like ten times but it always sends me to sleep by episode 5

attenborough is in the books you fucking pleb he just appears later in the story compared to the OVA

Meh, lotta episodes for a subbed show, I could just read a book.

Plus episode one wasn't that great, I think anyone who thought a pincer attack was some example of stellar tactics is some army larping moron

>Meh, lotta episodes for a subbed show, I could just read a book.

>It takes effort to watch a subbed show

It would be easier to just kill yourself

>still no updates on LOGH 2017

I'm concerned that it won't happen.

I'm regaining hope it won't happen.

Best soundtrack for any anime ever conceived.

2x2 is shit, have a 1x4.

>it always sends me to sleep by episode 5
Do you just watch it from episode 1 each time or something? Are you retarded?

One of my favourites easily. Reinhard is best waifu.

I'll like to preface this by saying it might just be my favorite anime.
It's gotten a bad rep for being "smart anime for smart people like me" kind of anime, and while it does has some flaws, it's still pretty good in the sense that the characters, themes and story of the series are amazing.
The classical music helps it a lot, and while the fights might be boring to look at, they have some kind of tension since everyone can die.
If you liked the first movie prequel(My conquest is the sea of stars I think), then you'll probably love the show. Oh, and it picks up in pace at around 20-30 episodes in, so it's quite a commitment.

This.

Lotta edge for a guy on Sup Forums

tried to watch it twice now, what a borefest

Not anime. Go back to Sup Forums.

where's the fucking audiobook

What would be the Sup Forums equivalent anyway? Cerebus the Aardvark?

This is actually out of date.
The first three (out of ten) novels have been translated to English by now.

No English dub
So it belongs in the trash

I`ve a problem with the soundtrack.
Thing is I`ve got a lot of the music on my phone, but I wanna have all of it in a nice LoGH album. Problem is I want it in order of appearance, and also the full pieces, not only the parts that play in the show (like most soundtrack releases, you know). The official soundtrack has neither organized the tracks in order of appearance nor has the full music, so I guess I`d have to check article for article on Gineipaedia for every episode, unless someone has a list of the appearence order.

I use the show's Bolero as an alarm clock, but you're going too far.

I`ve already half the music just from their actual recordings over the years anyways, might as well have the rest.

pretty comfy

Gave me a glorious 110 days

Try this website
yumei.com/gin/c_guide-e.html

All the shit you mentioned that are at risk of being changed were very typical/mainstream for it's time though.