Sup Forums hates bad self-inserts but what makes a good self-insert. Take Lelouch:

Sup Forums hates bad self-inserts but what makes a good self-insert. Take Lelouch:

He's intelligent but nonathletic.
He's charismatic.
He's tall, dark, mysterious and handsome, which attracts tons of women but he doesn't care much.
He hates his father, loved his mother, and loves his little sister more than anything.
He uses unconventional methods.
He has secret identities.

Is this how you do it?

Lulu isn't a self-insert

You forgot nihilistic

Well lulu is well made character and the thinking type... etc. So I guess he's a good subject to self-insert but I don't think that he was meant to be such. Just because you can understand a characters motivations doesn't make him a self-insert type.

Sup Forums likes any keikaku doori MCs.

And has a wicked sense of humor!

He is not tall, he is a CLAMP character.
Learn the diffrence.

Sup Forums's definition of self-insert is a NEET bland looking MC who make girls lust his cock despite being beta a yuuuge betafaggot.

Is this true?

nope, the best self-insert MCs must be from the likes of Rance and/or Joseph Joestar

he is just a non athletic char clone. not a self insert

>self-insert
The fact that you have to use that term is the moment you fucked up. It shows that you've been stuck on shittily written characters that shitty standards is all you've got to base things on. Stop it. Stop using the term self-insert. It's for fools.

There will never be a more bullshit plot turn in anything ever. This was the bottom of the barrel. It can only go up.

This is true, such a cheap plot contrivance. The more I look back, the more flaws I see in that series.

Daily reminder Kallen will win Lulubowl

Lelouch suffered a lot though and had clear flaws that don't line up with that of a self insert.

>Kallan
>Winning that bowl
She might've had a chance before all the shit happening in C's world with Lelouch, C.C., and his father, but she is now officially out of the race.

She won the Ginobowl.

Lelouch just makes sense for non-plebs. Too much sense

Good self-insert: characters Sup Forums likes
Bad self-insert: characters Sup Forums hates

Yes.

he has to be active instead of reactive.

Hachiman from Oregairu is the perfect self-insert.

These.

Lulu is an actual character that you can empathize with even if you hate him. He isn't a self-insert.

>what makes a good self-insert

intelligent, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humor

Wrong the correct answer is

The ending of R1 when V.V. appears and tells Suzaku about geass, then Villetta gets her memory back shots Oghi and kidnaps a wheelchair bound girl from the black knights headquarters without being spotted then Jeremiahs tank conveniently breaks and it turns out he is some kind of superhuman with an advanced prototype knightmare all in the space of 2 episodes just so Lelouch will lose.

The entire ending of R1 is just ass pull after ass pull.

He's a shitty chuuni power fantasy and Code Geass is badly written drivel.

Only if you're so unwilling and unable to recognize that they foreshadowed this.

And even further than that, the story was never going to end with a foolish peace plan that would only weaken Lelouch's force in exchange for setting up a zoo where a few of the the Elevans can call themselves Japanese.

Anyone who seriously believed that was the best outcome is fooling himself.

Christ, it's like some people were high or something when they watched it.

Convenient perhaps, but that's not strange for this show in particular or mecha anime in general.

Not all of those things are even asspulls though. For instance, V.V. had teleported people using the Geass ruins on the islands before. So we knew that there was this weird guy with strange powers willing to interfere with things. He was the one who kidnapped Nunnally and that's why any security measures inside the school were ineffective.

Villetta gaining her memories back was going to happen sooner or later. Amnesia doesn't last forever, at least not in most stories. If anything, she could have gotten them back before.

Jeremiah was picked up by the Code R scientists way back after getting his mecha blown up. They experimented upon him, which isn't that out of line, considering they were the ones who had C.C. captive under Clovis.

Like I've said in Jojo threads before...something can be surprising, unexpected or even contrived and sitll work out. Battle Tendency's climax was just as if not more coincidental.

Lel-ouch never cared for romance at all. He might have liked to have some skinship from women but that's all. He knew that CC, Kallen, Shirley, etc all liked hm but still didn't bother with them.
Well he might have fucked CC after the finale though as he probably didn't have anything better to do.

Every single power fantasy ever made is chuuni and that includes all the anime you like too.

Don't give me the old LOGH >>>> GEASS BS line when you self-insert into Reinhard, you stinking monkey.

This is it! 8man is perfect though, he changed at the end of S2

>Lulu
>self-insert
Jesus Fucking Christ, I pine for 2006 Sup Forums.

You got to admit that Orengi and Rolo were brilliant plot devices. I especially liked how Rolo killed the primary love interest.

what's a self-insert ?

/Thread

To be fair male characters have been that way in anime for most of the millennial generation so they don't know any different

>self-insert
Anyone who uses this terms needs to unironically kill themselves.