Anyone else think that the decline in well dressed men and women is linked to society's degeneration?

Anyone else think that the decline in well dressed men and women is linked to society's degeneration?

We need to make blazers the standard again instead of hoodies.

You don't have to start looking like a 20s LARPer or fedora tipping nerd.

Just start dressing smartly every day and notice how many compliments you get.

It's the next stage of the counter revolution guys.

Communal Mafia is the next stage.

But I am a 1920s LARPer.

It’s very likely linked, a symptom not a cause though. I’m not even sure if blazers and whatnot are necessary. Just slacks and a dress shirt shows you’ve put some effort in and is quite frankly just as comfy as a hoody and jeans. People will give you more respect to if you look like you care about how you look.

I agree that people should make greater efforts to dress well, although dressing well is considered quite subjective, nowadays. It used to mean things such as suits, ties, coats, nice shirts and trousers, and even hats. Now, the meaning is more ambiguous, so as to be suggestive of one's streetwear or high fashion contraption as looking well-dressed. We should specifically be promoting traditional, yet well-fitting garments, neither too tight nor too loose, but allowing for the fashions of the time to direct the basic fit (slim, moderate, loose, hopefully not too extreme than those examples) for most people, although people should be able to have choice in their clothing fit.

Bump of cocaine

>1920's
As soon as THIS became formal, you know things have declined. We need to bring back the frock coat

Proper under clothes for a lady

Well said, fellow gentlesir. Nobody appreciates class anymore.

I liked how we dressed in the 80's and 90's in the cites. Overcoats are so cool. Also the communists knew how to dress. It was practical and stylish.

Uhh I didn't post a gun... I don't even have this image saved

Agreed. Even “nice” jeans that actually fit and a button down shirt makes you more dressed up than most. Wife told me that one of the first things that stood out about me was that I actually dressed well. How you present yourself matters.

I am actually already planning to buy a made-to-measure frock coat, perhaps in the near future, although I am wondering if I should just have a tailcoat made first, instead? The tailcoat came before the frock coat in the 19th century, apparently.

I agree the 1880's and 90's is where things peaked.

But ZUCC wears a hoodie and flip-flops and he's a billionaire so when I dress like shit I must be a billionaire too, right??

Wish I looked as good as Gandy. My clothes are on point though.

If you must wear a hat, for God’s sake TAKE THAT SHIT OFF WHEN INDOIRS

Get the morning coat made up first, after that the evening dress coat. It's more "wearable" and easier to have made. The frock coat would be a longer process and would involve a lot of research. The end result is beautiful but you have to be careful it's not just going to be an overcoat made of suiting cloth

I used to dress in jeans+button down shirts but it conceals my muscles too much. I'm not even some /fit/ gymrat but I noticed I get more female attention when I wear sleeveless t-shirts.

And get a proper hat, if you're of low income go for a wool one, if you can get a fur felt one, rabbit of course, christies, Borsalino and lock and co are the best places in my opinion. For the wealthier posters here, pateys in England makes bespoke hats, they've even got vintage bolts of silk to make a proper topper I heard.

That shit looks as gay as Richard Spencer’s voice

But the high end garment and textile industry is a cornerstone of you know who.

I've recently started my own business and have started wearing blazers, dress shoes, and either slacks or nice jeans. I immediately noticed the difference in how I"m treated and how I feel.

>Anyone else think that the decline in well dressed men and women is linked to society's degeneration?
Absolutely. And I type this as a sinner. We were all so much better off dressing in our Sunday Best once a week at least. Even really poor people dressed up where they could. I think maybe the 80's started the mass decline, the 90s swerved and brought sharp suits back, but then forever after it's all dress down all the time.

Suit jackets are actually quite practical, you can carry far more in the pockets without it showing or you being worried about it falling out like in a hoodie.

Are your shirts tailored and do you tuck?

I don't know who Richard spencer is, it's the most formal daytime suit a man can wear.
Fox Brothers is English still owned by the same family I think.

No I need my white gucci hoodie and look like a dickhead

I'm seeing more and more people who go out in public in pyjama pants. How trashy can you get?

This hoodie probably costs more than a suit made in Montreal

Children used to go out like this, now adults can't even be bothered to dress, and it's not just clothing everything is lazy now

>I don't know who Richard spencer is
literally how new are you?

When a energy drink reviewer dresses better than the bulk of society you know there is something wrong

This is what you used to be able to buy from Sears

I've been here since Zimmerman on Sup Forums since 2006. I know the name but I don't care about any of that stuff.

plebs

The Edwardian era got the perfect balance between showy and functional

Looks like you need to make some 21st century relevant 'infographics'. I'd be all for a return to 19th century formal attire, along with 19th century anything frankly, thing is, I haven't the first clue. I know white tie and I know "smart casual", everything in between however I haven't the faintest. Anything that puts an end to those ghastly business suits I'd back.

>says the dauphin

The stroller even up to the 60's was considered the business suit in Britain. I wear a style similar to this because I prefer mixing to wearing full suits.

More stroller

My favourite outfit, because there's so much you can do. Different types of stripes or checks for the trousers, a black vest with a blue tie, a grey vest with a red tie. Use a bow tie, with just a few pieces of clothing and one single jacket you could make a new outfit everyday

That was before the kikes hijacked and started dictating our fashion, just as they hijacked our art, music, and architecture.

Double breasted jacket and check pants with a stroller.
I hate how jewed clothing got, I went to brooks for a trench coat and they didn't have anything knee length. I said having a rain coat so short defeats the purpose of owning it if my legs will get soaked.
Tiny collars on shirts, single sided cufflinks, short jackets with small lapels, low rise pants.
I dream of a time when I can buy a high rise, single reverse pleated pant wth a fish tail back and brace buttons

Are their some form of formal rules regarding bow ties and standard ties? I fucking hate bow ties vehemently, mostly because of the Muslim thing but also because I've always hated them passionately.

Is their a time where I have to swallow my pride and bite the bullet and wear one? I always feel like a valet/door attendant whenever I've had to wear one as a kid.

What Muslim thing? Bow ties are mandatory for black tie and white tie that's the only time you'd be forced to wear one. You can wear a long necktie any other time.
Here's an example of an extremely well done black tie outfit

>I dream of a time when I can buy a high rise, single reverse pleated pant wth a fish tail back and brace buttons
So, back when pajamas had 6 sets of buttons and a tie?

What about if you work in a trade? You cant wear suits and shit. So what can I do instead ?

And white tie, white tie isn't very flexible. Maybe the waistcoat can be Ivory and I will post examples in a minute, the collar can be a straight up stiff one instead of winged. Black tie is more fun because you can "experiment"
Shawl lapels or peaked, a white waistcoat, a turn down collar. In the Tropics you have more options and more options for colours.
I would look at the black tie guide for examples and help

Wear what's appropriate for your work, a hard wearing denim, you can wear a collared shirt, just roll up the sleeves and have it unbuttoned a few to make it more comfortable, you can even tuck it in, you'd look a bit more professional even if you're a labourer.

There is a commonly held connotation, that being that men wearing bow ties are Muslims, especially if the man is black and the bow tie is red.

I personally loathe the way in which the bow tie wraps around the neck, I feel like the lack of a covering collar makes the ties appear exposed as it were, as if that that single line of ribbon is something that isn't meant to be seen.

It is part of the infantilization of the people/country/culture. We are kept in a perpetual childhood that makes us easy to control. We now dress in oversized children's clothes (t-shirts and shorts), eat children's food (cooked by someone else, or quick fixes like cereal), play with children's games and toys (video games, collectable figures), Watch children's media (cartoons, super hero TV shows and movies). It goes on and on in every aspect of our lives. Create laws favoring women in divorces and drive a wedge between men and women so they lose any concept of responsibility. Create media that constantly shows men as foolish, out of shape buffoons who need women to do everything for them. Destroy the idea of a mother as the most sacred duty and tear it down from the highest honored position in society. Inflate the currency and bubble the housing markets to destroy savings and keep people from home ownership.

Look around OP. You will see it everywhere. Look around when you were out shopping at all the t-shirts and shorts, or graphic tees and jeans. Look into their shopping carts and see not ingredients for cooking but pre-packaged foods and sodas. If you still watch TV pay attention to all the ads and what kind of men they portray.

Here's an example of tropical black tie, in Australia or the West Indies this would be appropriate. Unfortunately it's not appropriate anywhere in England or Canada, parts of America can get away with it. Florida or California, places
Iike that. It is black tie so you're stuck with the black bow tie, but you can change up the pocket square, burgundy or hunter green are good colours. For warm weather no waist coat is necessary, you wear a cummerbund instead, you could match it to the pocket square.

Since we're talking about clothes what about hairstyles? What's a good for a man?

You don't have to wear a wing collar with black tie, most would actually recommend against it because like you said you can see the band. With white tie it's mandatory but the white on white would make it more invisible. I personally don't like wing collars with black tie

Those are Nation of Islam dudes. Not real Muslims. It jas more in commin woth Scientology than Islam

Just stick to basics, they work for most people, short on the sides a bit longer on top comb it over, you know?
But sometimes longer hair can work on some people nothing hippy dippy but a bit "messier"

Just go to a barber shop with nothing but old men working in it, no hipster fags, and they will set you up.

Okay sweet man. Thanks for the info. I find clothes today dont make men look like men and it does suit what I look so im glad you gave me some ideas for what to buy

*tips fedora*

Yeah this, tell the guy I wanna look like a customer you had 50 years ago

*Doesnt suit with what I look like

I wear t shirts, jeans, BDU cargos and hoodies. Peacocking is for faggots.

A well made hat actually looks really good. The fedora meme guys always have really cheap Chinese hats. Get one made in England

bump!

It's not peacocking it's about preserving our Anglo national costume. Unlike the rest of Europe our clothing hasn't gone extinct, but it has been bastardized and casualised. We should preserve our heritage

Fucking gloriously put. This is why I visit 4 Chan.

You can dress well and modestly without wearing archaic clothing. Dress shirts are totally useless. They do not breath well, require buttons, and ironing. Total waste of fucking time.

it's alright if you're a millionaire, celebrity or in politics, looks retarded otherwise

Couldn't agree more, the following stores have sprouted up all over Britain. I get visibly triggered whenever I see one of these things. They basically sell video game figurines, drones, toys in a word, but because the store has MEN in the name you see 20-40 year olds frequenting these places.

My theory is that its related to the push for pedophilia acceptance. It would be far far easier to push it, if you turn the mainstream of males into perverts that can only find 13-16 year old females attractive. Younger still and it would be even better for those filthy fuckers that want to lay with prepubescents. There is after all no better way to make someone desire underage sexual partners than to stunt their own psychological development placing them in the NAMBLA camp.

No, older generations will appreciate it and its older people who hire you.
Why would a cotton t shirt breathe better than a cotton button up shirt?

>I think maybe the 80's started the mass decline,

No, it was much earlier, even in the late 50's you saw cracks.

By the end of the 60's the hedonism of "sex drugs rock and roll" type excess was in full swing.

Still has not stopped... now hunter s thompson is a role model rather then a brilliant, yet half mad, warning.

For all Afro-Americans
1950-1980
>twice net worth growth of whites
1980-90
>Crack+single mothers
1990-2010
>fall of net worth in comparison with 1980

I'm a handsome lad but can't pull off the suit meme as I'm a pleb.
I mean it looks good on me, but only on funerals if you catch my drift

Wasn't Tudors black? I watched BBC documentary.

if you want to put on a blazer from time to time just go for it so long as it's not weird and tasteless
oldies and country people do it all the time
dont need to look like youre about to meet the queen every day

At this point the fedora is lost to the atheists. I would say bring back the bowler, but those fucking morons would flock to that before long too. I think at this point hats may very well be out.

Too hot to wear clothes here. When i get home i throw it all off but some shorts.

God women's fashion was so elegant back then. They actually look so charming and beautiful.

God please do it! I love preppy and classically dressed men. Same with their haircuts, and bonus points for wearing glasses better than any hipster numale fruitcake.
t. girl

I don't, but they do. I overheat so easily in dress shirts. Something about the material.

Yes it simply denotes a lack of respect for self and each other same thing can be seen in the celebration of ugliness that is modern art and architecture

what about long hair?

t.long haired cunt

>dont need to look like youre about to meet the queen every day
You say that, and then, one day, you'll meet the Queen dressed in smart casual. Better to be wearing formal and never need it, than to be required to wear formal and be without!

no dice. If you dress formal you have to treat your body the same.

Get a hair cut you barbarian. 6 weeks since your last visit and you're starting to take the piss.

I felt the same way, start small. Replace hoodies with pull overs, v necked. Replace jeans with khakis, t shirts with polos, polos with button ups, khakis with wool pants, sweaters with blazers and in a few years you'll find yourself inquiring about a tailcoat
You can replace wool suits with cotton, I wear cotton jackets in summer.
I've only seen the memes online, I live in a Jewish area so 90% of people wear a hat of some kind. I'm not used to seeing bare heads, especially since the older people on my family wear hats too.

best casual

>t. girl

togfy

do what you want within reason and sensibility
if you think your hair looks good long but someone on Sup Forums who's never seen it tells you to cut, what do you suspect the reasonable course of action is

Polyester maybe. Check the labels, or it may be coated in chemicals to make it "non iron"
Men's clothing hasn't been affected that much, but God women's style is ruined.

it's sort of like this

bring it back?

What I wear on lazy Saturday nights in watching Netflix