Apparently the Promised Neverland had 120000 Books printed for it's first Volume (not sold...

Apparently the Promised Neverland had 120000 Books printed for it's first Volume (not sold, just printed) and a few stores ran out of copies after 1 (one) day. This is insane. Looks like WSJ found their next big thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

shonenjump.com/p/sp/1612/neverland_jc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As long as it's not axed early.

This proves that the combination of artist and writer is superior to a mangaka (does both)?

for me it's just an okay series. cool plot, but lacks emotion and characterization

Definitely a factor.

>Soma
>Neverland
That's it. So, no.

I love the manga but what is the big appeal? It doesn't seem like it would be that popular with a general audience much less a children's one

this. characters are pretty meh.

In POS 500 its in 17th one position ahead of Kimetsu no Yaiba.

How is that insane in any way? It looks like it will sell Sumo level.

Pretty sure neither Sumo or Yaiba had 120000 volumes printed for the first release.

I don't know. Sumo was always in the top 5 when it started. But, yeah, maybe it's a hit. Goodbye, Academia. The new big three is coming.

Sumo actually had about the same amount printed in its first volume as Neverland but it flopped so hard that the sales department cried tears of blood.

Probably has to do with the suspense

this, people itt don't understand how sales work and exaggerating

unless it get some boost in the coming few days it will sell around 30k

An artist and writer who work well together is probably superior to a mangaka who has to do everything themselves, but a lone mangaka is superior to an artist/writer team with clashing ideas.

What does the Wall Street Journal have to do with manga?

>Emma's head
Eh, whatever. More please?

Aww

Pokemon adventures/special

there's no suspense, only infodumping

Glad to hear that it's doing good. I liked the first chapter, but heard that the pacing has been kinda slow. I'll start reading again after the next couple of chapters get translated.

There is a promotion page for the first volume too.
shonenjump.com/p/sp/1612/neverland_jc/

You can download the color pages we got so far here, I think.

How has Sumo not been axed yet

>This proves that the combination of artist and writer is superior to a mangaka (does both)?
Did we not already know this at least as far back as Death Note with Ohba and Obata?

spoiler are out

Mom came to her office. She doesn’t notice that Don and Gilda are in the basement and works normally on other stuff. The two manage to escape without Mama noticing it.

Emma’s Side
The first one who noticed the Owl Illustration’s encryption was Phil(=:3). Emma and co. head to the Dinner room, but Don and Gilda are nowhere to be found.

Mom’s Side
Mom hears a strange noise from the corridor and checks it out. A boy called Eugene is lurking around there. He says that he found the master key on the floor and returns it to Mom. Mom checks if her pocket is damaged, but it isn’t.

After the dinner
Emma’s group meets up with Don and Gilda. Don explains them what he and Gilda did and saw.
Ray: If she had some sort of surveillance, alarm etc., all of us will-
Don: Tell me what’s really going on here!
Don assumes that Connie was already killed. Emma apologizes emotionally and promises to tell them everything. She explains how Ray was a Traitor and she planned with Norman to escape with everyone. Don beats Ray and Norman up. Gilda stops him from hitting Emma. Don understands why they had to lie. He mourns as he realises that he was a burden for them. Don says that he needs to calm down and leaves the group as Gilda rushes after him.
They discuss how Don acted out of anger and was in the wrong here as he sees himself as ignorant and helpless.
It’s revealed that Sister was eavesdropping on the five kids from an open window and she smirks like a villian.

There’s also this comment by a japanese reader:
N - Norman
E - Emma
V - ?
E - Eugene *new*
R - Ray
L - Lani (Ranni)
A - Anna
N - Nat
D - Don
Really makes you think.

EDIT: The Phil part was removed from the jap spoiler and Don hits Ray after asking him if Ray knew what would happen to Connie after he send her off and Don says that they are a family, brothers. FUCK.

I like a single guy working on it because it's a singular vision. Most duos work well together, sure, but they can't match someone making something that represents them and them alone.

That all depends on the individual. Plenty of duo are garbage, and plenty of solo authors are great.

You could say there are more chances that it be better handled, especially for a weekly series. Mashima and Kubo really needed a scenarist.

Axefags BTFO

>really needed a scenarist.
why? the manga isnt bad because of this.

I don't see how a story like this could last 20+ volumes though.

A scenarist does much more than just writing the plot retard. And even then, it would still drastically improve everything as Mashima doesn't plan anything.

If the manga were not so plot-oriented, it could. See Monster.

Who say it needs? Death Note was 12 volumes along and even stopping at volume 7 would have been plenty enough.

Hard to tell how long Nerverland will be at this point though.

What's this about, it looks like shit.

WSJ manga are milked to death as long as they sell.

Neverland isn't some standards action shonen. It will never be as long as big guns like Naruto, it's just not this kind of series. As said before, Death Note "only" lasted 12 volumes.

Don't forget to buy Demizu's artbook, it got released a few days ago, and it's already a best seller, great for him.

It's sad that the manga doesn't know how to take advantage of his talent. Too much telling not enough showing.

I get that's mama as a kid, where is this image from?

Interesting. I still think Mama is too smart to not have realized the key had been taken and is planning something

Me too. It's a critical moment, she was not going to be so careless.

New chapter when?

So, when will it get milked for volumes with powerlevels, training arcs, and the power of friendship?

Does anyone have all the Viz chapters? I want to get caught up but don't want to deal with niggastream.

It should happen when they go into the outside world. Be patient.

One Punch Man already proved that.

Here's the digital version of this page.

List of chapters.

First extra page.

V1 Raw where?

Also cover in a better resolution.
The digital version of the first volume comes out December 16th.

I'll rip it and dump the extra pages when the digital version is out.

I can see the series falling off into a trainwreck if the author doesn't write the outside wold well. Right now is interesting watching them break free from the farm, but if there's no gameplan for what awaits on the outside, it could end up at the walking dead tier of shit.

And yet their current manga is utter shit.

Did she really feel nothing for those children she raised since they born?

> acronym has no Gilda
fuck I hope this is a red herring

>Don hits Ray
I like him.

>31

Ripe for the fucking.

And once they stop fucking around and get out of the orphanage I'll give a care.

Death Note you nimbnog

Not always, writer/artist combos can just as easily lead to tl;dr paragraphs badly trying to mesh with illustrations instead of actually using the drawings to tell the story.

>mamas in charge
>where are papas?

As soon as they leave the orphanage it's going to go to shit.