37 of 38 economists said the GOP tax plans would grow the debt. The 38th misread the question

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/11/22/37-of-38-economists-said-the-gop-tax-plans-would-grow-the-debt-the-38th-misread-the-question/

>An overwhelming majority of academic economists say in a new survey that the Republican tax proposals would cause America's debt to grow by one critical measure.

>Thirty-seven of 38 experts surveyed by the University of Chicago's Initiative on Global Markets agreed that the GOP tax bills in Congress would cause U.S. debt to increase "substantially" faster than the economy.

>Only one economist — Stanford's Liran Einav — said that he was “uncertain” if the bills would exacerbate America's debt-to-GDP ratio. But after the survey's release, Einav said his response had been a mistake, and that he actually agrees with the economists who expect the debt ratio to soar. (Four other economists in the IGM panel didn't answer the question one way or the other.)

>The surveyed economists were broadly skeptical the bill would produce the type of economic growth Republicans are promising. 52 percent of economists surveyed disagreed with the claim that GDP would be “substantially” higher under the House or Senate bills, while 36 percent said they were “uncertain” they would substantially increase GDP.

>“The idea that these cuts would unleash huge growth is not very well supported, either theoretically or empirically,” said Oliver Hart, an economist at Harvard and one of the experts who responded to the survey. “Almost everyone is extremely doubtful this is going to come out well. This is wishful thinking.'

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/filename/93
thehill.com/policy/finance/360494-poll-one-quarter-of-americans-approve-of-gop-tax-plan
townhall.com/columnists/stevesherman/2017/11/14/not-eliminated-but-fixed--the-carried-interest-loophole-n2409217
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Right wing retards got played by a billionaire globalist conman from New York City.

great thread dutch bro i love your stuff

>academic economists
Into
the
fucking
trash

>muh debt
who cares. we are robbing the chinks blind

you mean tax cuts for the rich don't pay for themselves with trickle down magic?

say it ain't so!

This. But it's not like they are Marxist economists or even keynesians.

China owns our national debt. Eventually we will just default on it. Fuck the Chinese.

>academic economists
>academic

China owns about $1.1T out of $20.5T

u retards need to learn some shit about your own country

LITERAL KEKS

>economists
>don't understand the economy well enough to make 6 figures
>job security is best when economy is worse
>muh supply and demand

Kek, what a fucking joke of a job.

>being this much of a cuckitalist

this is the same fucking garbage as "economists", "sources", "professionals" but never give the fucking source leader/professional/scientist in said articles.
>washingtonpost
yeah nah, nigger.

Obamaleaf fucking up with strawman from the start.

It's already been stated the bill would produce the debt over 10 years time. No one hides that. It should end up being countered with economic growth, if everything goes right.

There's no point to your post. No context of the plan nor foresight on the issue.

You are fucking retarded.

>It should end up being countered with economic growth, if everything goes right.

he thinks tax cuts for soros, buffett, bezos, goldman sachs, pay for themselves with trickle down magic

how many times are right wing retards gunna fall for this meme?

also, i didnt start this thread

When modern day (((Economists))) like Paul Krugman can get away with trying to sell a consistent 1.5% GDP growth in the Obama era to the public as "as good as it gets" or "an economic upturn", then I don't believe a single word out of their mouths.

>He thinks the tax cuts are just for "DUH 1%"
Fuck off, cunt. What about small businesses?

Obama created 16 million jobs, cut unemployment in half, and cut the budget deficit by 2/3

maybe u retards are focused on the wrong metric?

Obama doubled the debt.

All political parties rely on donations.
A lot of that money comes from citizens.
Citizens tell them to do something or face lose of donations.
Civil action embodied.
>cuckitalist

Fuck off, commie.

>this retard has no fucking clue what a deficit is

>money, the rich and corporations are inherently evil
More strawmen please, I'm going to start my own pagan hippie festival.

>more money = more say in party policy = more power
>just buy democracy :^)
Don't you just love it when the rich run everything?

>citing WaPo
Reddit is down the street.

Obama doubled the debt.

OBAMA LEAF NO!
No one cares about the deficit moron, having an increased debt if fine as long as your GDP goes up with it, but by looking at your country I'm fairly certain most of you guys are economically illiterate.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/filename/93 GORILLION_MRW.gif/

>cut my taxes soyim

Poll: Just one-quarter of Americans approve of GOP tax plan
thehill.com/policy/finance/360494-poll-one-quarter-of-americans-approve-of-gop-tax-plan

>Doubled the national debt in just eight years
>A lot of those jobs were part-time bullshit jobs
>Government creating jobs
Lmaoing at ur life XD

pretty rare, usually u guys are behind an american flag

paco i-

>same gif
>wapo
try again faggot
try harder
>in all fields

>archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/filename/93 GORILLION_MRW.gif/
this killed me

Obama doubled the debt.

95% full time jobs actually

Maybe u retards should try actually pulling up the jobs data instead of falling for fake news headlines from ZeroBrain and investors.com

Mine get cut too, stupid shit.
Corporate tax was slowly strangling our economy. Fuck that.

this can't be real

>trump wont win the nomination
>trump has 98% chance to lose
>stock market will crash if trump wins
>trump will be impeached in his first year
and so on

>Corporate tax was slowly strangling our economy.

Must be why corporate profits are at all time highs. $7 TRILLION a year

my god how retarded are you

Quads of absolute truth.

Because they've been using loop holes.
Loop holes are now gone with this new bill.
You evidently don't know shit.

he doubled the debt

>Loop holes are now gone with this new bill.

no they're not

why do u keep making shit up

lol the carried interest loophole was the one loophole trump talked about during the campaign and he didn't touch it

u said

>>Corporate tax was slowly strangling our economy.

why did u lie? corporations are making $7 trillion a year. they're not strangled

Keynesian economics is objectivily right

Oh, shoosh. They don't go far enough.

>doesn't know so doesn't prove me wrong, just says I'm wrong
Read the proposals and actual bill, you dumbfuck.

>implying reducing the deficit mean anything at all with the current level of debt and the inflation rate

You'll be able to claim its an improvement when it start to fall into the negatives and you're actually pulling out more money than you're putting in, else its just augmenting the flow of a dam that is already falling into pieces, as to pointlessly postpone the inevitable instead of shutting it down and rebuilding it properly this time around.

Obama doubled the debt.

>tax cuts for corporations not individual billionaires
>not knowing their income is mostly capital gains
>not understanding basic economics
This is why econ is a liberal arts degree now

well ya we need to cut spending... but its hard to do both at the same time. so they're going with cut taxes now, cut spending later.

can please you post a screencap of your folder of laughing dodger gifs?

Do you commies realize the USA has the highest corporate tax rates in the world? Not only that, the ultra rich don't usually receive their wealth through a paycheck; capital gains is a better target.

Putting Microsoft Word text over a graph doesn't make your text true. Made me chuckle though

>mudslime posts bait from shareblue
>retards reply without sage in options
idiots

1 out of 1 Frederic Mishkin's maintain that the Icelandic economy is very strong

please address what i said

>Loop holes are now gone with this new bill.

no they're not

why do u keep making shit up

lol the carried interest loophole was the one loophole trump talked about during the campaign and he didn't touch it

u said

>>Corporate tax was slowly strangling our economy.

why did u lie? corporations are making $7 trillion a year. they're not strangled (You)

obama doubled the debt

The debt always grows. Every year of our lives, and no one has tried to lower it ever.

>people who have extensively studied national and global economics for years
vs.
>cutting all revenue from the federal government without cutting entitlements and hoping money from the Money Gods meets the difference

hmm

billionaires are getting estate tax repealed

u cuckboy good soyim got played by a billionaire globalist conman from NYC

and then on top of that u cucks think that Goldman Sachs needs a TAX CUT

AHAHAHAHA holy shit how cucked can u soyboys be

obama doubled the debt

Didn't touch it, eh?
townhall.com/columnists/stevesherman/2017/11/14/not-eliminated-but-fixed--the-carried-interest-loophole-n2409217

Who's the lying sack of shit now?

SAD!!

I hope they pay well

look at the 2 graphs and do the math u fucking retard

These are the same people who said we couldn't hit 3% GDP growth since Obama failed to do it 8 years in a row.

most right wing retards don't even acknowledge the existence of revenues

to them it's a myth, like climate change

it's why they can't be trusted with money

>take in less money
>spend less money

Wew.

obama doubled the debt

(((economists)))

It only gets played out when it also stops being true.

>The original tax bill contained the old carried interest provision unchanged.

why do u retards do this to yourselves?

why do u make it so easy for me?

Sweden is among the most taxed nations in the world.

Yet the healthcare is failing miserably, hospitals in smaller cities are closing down. Constant grenade attacks in Malmö, burning cars in several cities. Our police force is dwindling down everyday. And our roads are getting worser.

Removing snow from the roads, which is a very serious issue (this country would literally not function at all and grind to halt if we do not plow the roads good enough) are also failing, getting worsening every year. Not all in one huge go, just tiny bits. More and more.

It's happening in little bits. And you want to tell people that having high taxes work? Get the fuck out of here you
fucking dumb weed toking stoner. Not to mention the regular cheating going on with companies moving shit off-shore because again. The taxes are to fucking high. Happens all the time. We are not quite there yet, but slowly the globalist/jew has added "life" support, just barely enough so the country can get by without crashing on it's knees, in order to sell our "communist with a dash of capitalism" on the side as something supposedly good.

The healthcare etc is free as in you get to sleep. on a bed. In the fucking corridor (with alot of noise. Fuck it if you are slowly dying, try to rest a little), bleeding from your head being a total fucking wreck. Or how about my father who had to wait 6+ hours for the results to find out if it was just a fluke or his heart was giving up and he could die at any moment?

How about the nurse who almost yanked the blood drain out of my father arm at another time because she could give less of a shit because she is paid such a abysmal salary that you earn more driving a trash truck? People stop giving a shit if they don't get paid a livable wage. That's the truth.

obama doubled the debt

>WASHINGTON POST

WP is not a news agency they just parrot what MSM and buzzfeed says.

That's more people than the 65% that support an AWB!

Are those economists the same who couldn't foresee the GFC? Who couldn't foresee anything in the economy.

Bunch of useless cucks.

The crash doubled the debt, Images in this very thread show how the deficit grew due to the crash. The thread was towards surplus and reducing the debt, but these cuts are gonna make it even worse without a crash to justify it.

The US has a $700 billion budget deficit and $20.5 Trillion national debt

this is a retarded time for tax cuts for the rich

republicans are just serving their donors

Welp I guess it’s time to get rid of healthcare and welfare. Time to make the boomers pay and suffer for what they did to us.

Not Americans, euro cucks or shitskins

obama doubled the debt

autistic low IQ retard

You've said that already, shut the fuck up about it.

$10 trillion before Obama came into office.

But you don't give a fuck about that, do you.

obama doubled the debt

Actually we do

>original
Not the current.
Reading comprehension and critical thinking must not be taught in Obama Canadian Commie Community College.

Good, estate tax is retarded. Sorry your parents didn't try to leave you anything.

I do. He inherited an economy on the brink of complete collapse. He inherited a $1.4 TRILLION budget deficit and reduced it by 2/3

why don' t republicans ever cut the budget deficit? ever? why do they always explode it

obama doubled the debt

Estate tax is good and should be MUCH higher.

It's not in the current bill either.

>The compromise still needs the support of influential Sens. John Thune and Orrin Hatch (Finance Chair) as well as, Rep. Kevin Brady (House Ways and Means) to see it come to fruition,

and it wasn't in the House bill that passed

do u actually enjoy getting btfo by me?

>(Four other economists in the IGM panel didn't answer the question one way or the other.)
Although it doesn't discount the message, this shows just how dishonest the media can be. You can't just take people out of the group if they don't say yes or no. So 37-38 out of 42 economists said it.
Why did they even need to lie here, ~90% doesn't change the message.

obama doubled the debt

Estate tax only targets wealthy families.
Let's fuck the rich... because they're rich!
Fuck off.

Shut the fuck up spammer