Why does Sup Forums pretend to hate the Rebuilds...

Why does Sup Forums pretend to hate the Rebuilds? Asuka and Rei are finally the cute girls you guys always wanted them to be. Don't tell me you didn't like the two cooking for Shinji. There's even a little Misatofag service with Kaji leaving her in Shinji's hands.

It's everything you ever asked for. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

anime-now.com/entry/2016/12/03/000006
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because muh nostalgia

I didn't ask for this.

The worst people are people who like 2 but hate Q

>i-it killed the harem! everyone's mean to shinji (me)! shinji is gay! waaaaaa!

>Asuka and Rei are finally the cute girls you guys always wanted them to be.
Asuka Langley isn't even in the rebuilds. Rei is a lot cuter in the series.

>Don't tell me you didn't like the two cooking for Shinji.
why would I care?

>There's even a little Misatofag service with Kaji leaving her in Shinji's hands.
she's an old hag, why would I care?

>It's everything you ever asked for.
you seem to be focusing on 2.0, the worst of the rebuilds. I never asked for the rebuilds nor do I care about them. 1-26+EoE is perfection, anything more can only detract.

I have copypasta pertaining to this if you want it.

The only argument people have against 3.0 is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.

Because 95% of people who watch NGE project themselves into the character that is Shinji, after Shinji was thrust into a situation where people were treating him poorly, unfairly and nonsensically, they were personally hurt and confused. They felt betrayed by all of their favorite characters, and were confused why they would treat him in such a way.

This is how 3.0 is an absolute masterpiece. Just as 2.0 successfully pulled you through a comfy world of girls and overcoming obstacles and made you happy and comfortable, 3.0 just as successfully pulled you into a world of pain and confusion, precisely what Shinji was feeling during 3.0. It is a magnificent achievement in art that people feel exactly what the main character is feeling while the main character is feeling it, the sense of confusion and pain that Shinji is feeling is 100% projected onto the viewer.

Plebians are unable to separate themselves from the perspective of Shinji and look at Hideaki's artwork from the outside, so they turn their pain and confusion into dislike, aka cognitive dissonance(what christians feel when they see literature on natural selection).

This is why a true patrician understands the magnificent piece of art that 3.0 is, and the difficult task that it has achieved of pulling you directly into the feelings of the MC.

What happened to the Kaiji lust that Asuka had?

Although this is written in a deliberately inflammatory way, I agree with the gist of this. Thank you for sharing.

I agree with you. I like all three rebuilds.

>Asuka and Rei are finally the cute girls you guys always wanted them to be.
...or, they wanted them to be the bitches they are

But how can you assume to know what I want, when I got no clue what I want, myself?
baka

because 3.0

before people loved it or at least was neutral

You just answered your own question. It's explicitly pandering fanservice.

>shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.
>nonsensical

>Shinji literally blows up the entire world to get some doll pussy
>"wtf why do people hate me"

>Asuka and Rei are finally the cute girls you guys always wanted them to be
Some girls were not meant to be cute.

>people were cheering him on
>same people hate him now

Misato was the only one who cheered him on. Everyone else is justified in hating Shinji.

He didn't know. Bad enough one of his superiors is cheering him on and the others just stand there watching.

Anno literally admits that he made the rebuilds to get money.

anime-now.com/entry/2016/12/03/000006

'Misato' isn't really 'people'. And in 3.0 she has to lead the remnants of humanity and protect the little hope they have of a better world.
Given her position she can't show sympathy for the boy that litteraly destroyed the world. But we know she still cares for him as she didn't activate the choker when he left with Rei Q.

This has been discussed to death already.

>Revy
>not cute

He still blew up the world, even if he didn't know. All because he "didn't know" doesn't mean people aren't going to hate him.

it reminds me of fanfiction

Fuck off. The rebuilds removed everything that mad Eva great and gave us fucking Mari.

The only thing that can redeem the rebuilds is if the next movie is just 2 hours of pseudo psychological dialogue over some early 90's live action footage narrated by Anno himself.

And he also made NGE for the money.
Animation studios aren't charity.

If she cares, why has the fact HE blew the world (by accident, at her insistence and the non-action of others) been spread?
>This has been discussed to death already.
Yes, this is Eva.
Anyone in the know has no right.

Sometimes what people want isn't what will make them happy.

>If she cares, why has the fact HE blew the world (by accident, at her insistence and the non-action of others) been spread?
"My name is Misato. I'm the head of an organisation that is the last hope of humanity and I will totally hide the fact that this kid is the cause of the apocalypse to my comrades, so we can fail miserably."
Are you trolling or just retarded?

Also, other people at NERV witnessed the near-third-impact like Ritsuko and the bridge bunnies. It's also likely Gendo and Fuyutsuki wanted people to know.

The Rebuilds were made for the /m/ crowd.
Loud manchildren who prefer the atrocious spins Super Robot Wars put on Evangelion with making Shinji the same badass super robot pilot shit that he was meant to deconstruct. It's all about "hype" and "badass" shit to them, and that's the public with the money.

Sup Forums hates the Rebuilds because we appreciate Evangelion for what it is and represents, and they do nothing other than tamper with the soul and integrity of an anime series as legendary and timeless as TV+EoE is with stupid deviations meant as fanservice and a garbage attempt at replicating the same sense of inescapable doom and hopelessness that the original achieved so masterfully at numerous points.