Why are delinquents always the best characters in anime and manga? Who's your favorite delinquent?

Why are delinquents always the best characters in anime and manga? Who's your favorite delinquent?

Jotaro or Okuyasu from that image.

I prefer Sukeban's though.

Itou

Harima from School Rumble.
Really disappointed he wasn't in the image, unless the guy above Okuyasu is him but it's kinda hard to tell.

I was rooting so hard for him. Hope he ends up with one of the sisters in the new manga that's coming out. Heard it was focused on him and Yakumo so fingers crossed.

That's not meant to be an all-delinquent image, is it? Takeo from Ore Monogatari is anything but a delinquent.

Not to mention Sakamoto, Saiki, or Kiyomaro.

I was just thinking that. Shaoran from CCS, Akira from Hikaru no Go, Mob, Watanuki from xxxHolic, Hibari from Reborn, R, even Shinji Ikari and others are super out of place if it's meant to be delinquents.

The theme was actually school uniforms but it turned out a lot of popular characters with school uniforms are delinquents.

Fair enough. A protagonist that is a plain, ordinary, rule abiding student as the MC wouldn't be very fun. I guess the easiest way around that is delinquency, sports, or super powers.

>Sendo
>Aoki
>No Ipoo or Kakamura

Why do delinquent girls wear really long skirts? It's a bizarre stereotype that delinquents are supposed to dress more conservatively than usual.

Maybe it's a power thing? You only get to see what they want to display right now.

Why do delinquents like wearing their school uniforms? I guess it's a style thing.

I'm pretty sure they are obliged to

REAL delinquent coming through

Yusuke Urameshi

It's becausw they're emulating yakuza wives who emulate traditional Japanese culture.

Oldest animucon cosplayers cosplay Higashikata Josuke

Half the guys in this poster aren't delinquents though.

Actually if I'm not mistaken, Hibari is considered a delinquent in the manga...
In my opinion he's a delinquent of JUSTICE

One is not like the others, wouldn't even be able to post here.

>Maeda Taison not front and center
someone didn't do their research

Miyagi from Slam Dunk. I like that his haircut is coming back into fashion.

>No Josuke
>But let's have Okuyasu and Jotaro

What the fuck? His hair alone would defeat the others

Was he? It's been a long time since I read that. I thought he was just a weird, violent head to the school's disciplinary committee or something. I remember him being really passionate about his school and rules, but I suppose school sanctioned delinquency is still delinquency.

Josuke's a mama's boy and a good kid, Okuyasu and Jotaro are much more rough than him I guess?

Even that kind of falls apart though, Okuyasu's pretty softhearted and gentle underneath it all.

>Yusuke fucking Uremshi down in front
My nigga

What's a good delinquent manga or anime?

Oh wait, I was actually thinking of the author's other popular work "Rookies". Try that instead.

Onizuka and Kuwabara

My nigger!
Is no one translating it now?

I gotta say, I'm getting sick and tired of delinquents being portrayed as "good guys" whose "delinquency" seems to consist of not caring about school rules and being rude to people. I want delinquents who are assholes, and who don't become good guys until they get their shit together and actually abandon their delinquent persona and lifestyle.

Slam Dunk's like that with Mitsui's character. And Rookies is like that as well.

Not the earliest by any means, but one of the best delinquent MCs.

He's almost front and centre.

School rules used to dictate skirts had to be a centre length, Sukeban girls lengthened their skirts to rebel against that rule.

They're usually all students, what else would they wear.

We have a chart for this now. It's on Delinquentanons blog.

Read Be-Bop High School, MCs are gigantic arseholes the majority of the time. It's also like the best delinquent manga ever.

Some of the characters in Crows, Bakuon Rettou and SJG are like that as well.

Harima Kenji 4 President

Make way for the best

>Shinji
>"delinquent"

Where is the Bakuon Rento?

I know that Mob is technically an urabanchou, but he's about as un-delinquent like as possible.

Great teacher onizuka from the manga

This the real shit. Crows x Worst is great

How is it shinji is so generic looking yet he's almost always immediately identifiable?

He's so generic that nobody else is as generic as he is, so he's actually unique.

seems like it, or perhaps scalanation issue?

What is this picture actually from. Google aint telling me zip.

It's funny how Onizuka was a better delinquent in the manga about him being a teacher than the manga about him being an actual delinquent.

Bouya is literally the GOAT character. Crows manages to get the delinquent aesthetic and lifestyle perfectly right.

One of the live action Be-Bop High School movies, not sure which one.

Mad dog Sawamura with his loli right hand is my favourite delinquent.

Cheers.

Where the fuck is Akagi?

Watch the movie Blue Spring.

>Tough, stoic kid withna strong set of morals and a heart of gold who hates overbearing authority figures and only beats on bullies and jerks who deserve it.

I've always wondered if this person actually exists/existed? delinquent kids who enjoy fighting have always been pieces of shit as far as i know.

Is it good? It looked kind of shit but the manga is one of the best things Matsumoto has ever done.

They exist in poor places.

The manga is one of Matsumoto's weakest imo. The movie is good yeah, good direction and Ryuhei Matsuda is one of my favorite japanese actors.

KIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pic related is a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""delinquent""""""""""""""""""""""""

I think i just like short stories and one man anthologies.

I like his other short story collections better.

>Jewsuke
>good kid

Mad Dog is the best nickname.

The closest definition of what you've described is Tsukishima Hana from Worst. Misaki Hayato and Maeda Taison sort of fit that build and I would argue Tsurugi Momotaro does as well.

He has others? The only other one i've seen was that doraemon one.

He's got a lot. He was in the anthology Japan as Viewed by 17 Creators, he did a short for Adidas, a oneshot about a family of mask makers(too lazy to look up the name right now) and a collection of short stories entitled Brothers of Japan. And there's also Gogo Monster, it would be my favorite from this bunch but this was a 4 chapter story.

We have pretty different taste in Matsumoto, user. Gogo monster is probably the only thing he's done that didn't really like. It has been a few years since i read it so i might give it another go. Viz did a pretty good job of printing it.

Because girls like bad boys? I guess. Also you are gay.

>Because girls like bad boys?
Not quite.

if you mean the guy next to jotaro I don't think thats him

Literally who else could it be. Look at his hairline and fringe, even his ears desu. The face is off beacause the guy who drew that pic can't emulate Masanori Morita's GOAT style.