Is Italy's North-South divide based on race?

Is Italy's North-South divide based on race?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombards
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_War_(535–554)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nope

Yes.
Northern Italians are Germanic. Southern Italians are a ll mixed up; many of them are Germanic but there are a lot of mudblood mixes there.
Quite a scary place desu. Niggers and non whites are really scary inferior creatures, huh?

i knew it was a flag hiding shitskin

yes

sicily is pretty much algeria

South Italy is full of shitskins, like 95%

No, Northern Italians are Alpine.

>Northern Italians are Germanic.
see this is why I despise whites almost as much as I despise arabs, you subhumans literally cannot accept we have a millenary prehistoric ethnicity of our own and constantly make up bullshit about who we are.
I cannot recount how many times I hear this crap, and the most ridiculous thing is that there is no evidence whatsoever of recent remotely significant Germanic input.

Is your brain's left-right divide based on race?

'whites' is le cool kids club
everything past and present= whites if good and niggers if it isn't

You just ensured that they will continue

Objectively

Terroni and Garibaldi cuckoos may lie, but their genes won’t

That’s a meme by your own Lega Nord, shitalocuck. Nothing in Italy is White, North just has overall better genetics

>That’s a meme by your own Lega Nord
Lega has always LARPed as Celts, never as Germanics

>Nothing in Italy is White
thanks, someone gets it

Feels good to be son of Baetica

They do this every time, just wait until people start posting pictures of how the marble statues looked when they were painted.

Wow, that frogpic is good.

I think this should pretty easy to settle. If it is based on race then it must exist regardless of where southerners live.
Just determine if there is a divide between northerners and southerners born and raised, or just living, in the north.

Italians > Nord barbarians

it's more about climate than race, but race contributes

This is an italian person.
Therefore i assume all italians looks like this.

This is a brazilian person.
Therefore i assume every brazilian looks like this.

Hope we solved the trouble.
Italians are proud members of the negro race !

U M A

>this is why I despise whites
So !!! You admit you are not white !!!

italians are niggers all white latinos have perfect italian genes

>So !!! You admit you are not white !!!
of course I do, unlike you I can trace my ancestry to a single country and a single region, thus I have no need of such meme identities

north Italians are ethnically, linguistically and culturally unique

you do realize that a lot of europeans dont identify as ''white'' but just their country/region they have been living in for thousends of years

What happened in 1711?

Amen. Although if Russian-Dutch mix is something “should have married another Dutch/Russian, now it’s time to assimilate”, Italian-Dutch/Russian mix is something “we must remove it after the revolution - racemixing family added to the list”type

Not really. There were also Lombards in Beneventum and Spoletum

?

This
You americucks, halfbreed muslim French, Moor Spaniards and fat necked lombrozo Slavs are so preoccupied with color because of your inferiority complex. You should have that complex, no arguing there. Introspection and selfknowledge are virtues.

Lombard blood probably maps better to this one now that I think of it (Charlemagne would crush the Lombards soon after my first pic)

>(((Euros)))

Well...the burger it's basically right.
Never eard of the Lombards / Longobardi ?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombards
South Italy is also a zone with a huge jewsih infiltration.

>LARPed as Celts

How can you larp as something you are ?

there's the other retard conflating a state being run by a certain people with the locals being replaced to any degree whatsoever
this board is a fucking joke

>you are
you were perhaps, the north had been thoroughly Romanized, which doesn't mean the ethnic stock changed completely but the identity certainly did

and "Celt" by itself ain't a very strong racial grouping

you can mock me as you want, the fact is that you didn't answer me
Nobody say my country is in shit.
But being from the italian sid of Switzerland I know for a fact we are also from German descent.
So you should shut the fuck up and prove me wrong

>Northen italian
>Germanic
NO

Italy was depopulated in the Gothic Wars

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_War_(535–554)

The Lombards invaded after, so they did in fact change the composition of the Italian population in certain areas, particularly the area now called Lombardy

>The Lombards invaded after, so they did in fact change the composition of the Italian population in certain areas, particularly the area now called Lombardy
literally not a single genetic evidence of this
and the depopulated peninsula still had millions of inhabitants compared to the few thousand lombard elite

>set geographic location
>my actual national flag, pic related, doesn't shows up
This is nu-moot, the jew gook, fault.

>hurr the durf I make shitty claims that you should prove wrong yourself
please, tell me why historical IBD sharing of Italy with other Euro countries is so abysmally low if Germanic input was so high?

Ethnic mixing in Europe is disgusting. Mixing with those below orange is unacceptable for racial hygiene reasons

>Celt" by itself ain't a very strong racial grouping
Quite the contrary, Celt is the only group that is rightfully(considering that they are mainly R1b) defined by ancestry unlike Slavic and Germanic, who are linguistic groups including a very diverse (both genetically and culturally) population

This.

can't wait for ancient DNA from post iron age Italy to finally get sequenced so you people can finally shut the fuck up
a Beaker from bronze age Germany already overlaps with modern north Italian variation, can't wait for Olalde to release it

i would rather have kids with an italian spanish or greek girl than with a slav

from what I was told sicily puts rats in the tomatoe sauce then there;s Italy

I had read there were maybe ~80,000 Lombards and something like 2 million Romans in all of Italy at the time (down from 8 million before Justinian's wars). So there is definitely a bit of a racial change that happened, even if it is regional (like in Lombardy)

He ain't a Slav. He is an known Albanian behind a Russian proxy.

R1b exists in many forms and doesn't account for local female input, let alone non Celtic one
I hope you don't really think 200BC cisalpine Celts were anything like Britannic ones, genetically speaking

Perle ai porci.

R1b peak in west africa at over 95% near lake chad in cameroon

also, R1b was likely an Italic marker as well, it's hard to say if R1b-U152 is Celtic alone, north Italy has various old IE cultures even before historical Celts

>I hope you don't really think 200BC cisalpine Celts were anything like Britannic ones
Patrilinearly, i do
Admixture-wise, i obviously don't
>for local female input,
Obviously the matrilinear lineage is more diverse than the patrilinear one but ethnicity is inherited from the father not from the mother, else, we would be all speaking non-IE languages.

>north Italians are ethnically, linguistically and culturally unique

>kike
>terrone
which one?

anyway, I don't have the knowledge do dispute you on that friggin image, I know you don't either, but whatever.
The fact is, I know my family line and I know I am of Lombard descent.
While I find North Italians familiar...well...terrons are all another story.
We are not the same.
That doesn't mean we have do fight each other or that Italians are not white or whatever bullshit.
The enemy it's only one, the eternal one, the jew.
It's not a case that historically Sicily it's the region with the highest jewish infiltration. It's not a case the mafia came from there. it's not a case some (SOME) of the worst habits attributed to the italians come from there

>It's not a case that historically Sicily it's the region with the highest jewish infiltration.
*Calabria and Puglia too of course, but Sicily in higher percentage apparently

I have been literally only defending the ethnic identity of north Italy, why would I be a terrone?
"Lombard", kinda like "French/Frank", is more of a historical/cultural identity than a strictly racial one, product of a small elite imposing some of their identity on locals

Maybe not all countries but being "blank" is defenitely a thing in the Netherlands and Flanders

R1b in Africa is V88

As for European R1b(R1b-M269) it peaks in Wales Ireland Northern Spain Western France and Northern Italy

Why assume the genetic differences in Italy are due to germanic ancestry in the north rather than greek ancestry in the south?
Imo the later is a much bigger factor but everyone only talks about the former.

Feels good being R1b master race.

Replied to the wrong post

Scrivo in italiano per evitare ulteriori disguidi.
Nessuno negava l'unicità del nord Italia.
Non ho le conoscenze necessarie in genetica per poterene discutere su quel piano.
Allo stesso tempo però penso sia impossibile negare la grossa importanza e l'impatto avuto dai Longobardi. Negare le radici germaniche degli attuali Lombardia, Veneto, etc...mi sembra strano.
L' OP fa una domanda chiara, dimmi se mi sbaglio, ma anche se non ho dubbi che ci siano dei tratti genetici comuni a tutti in Italia, ci saranno anche delle differenze.
Non so se è corretto parlare di razza, anche perché penso che non si possa trascendere da fattori non solo legati alla genetica.
Ma cazzo no...nord e sud non sono uguali. Italiani, certo, ma non uguali.

you wish more women in Brazil looked like that you monkey

And Dutch nationalists would rather much hang you
>Greek
Those are not even mudbloods. Literal subhumans. Uglier and more mongrelized “people” in Europe don’t even exist

neither is the answer
modern south Italians are still very similar to bronze age greek DNA samples(~1500BC), way before Greek colonial adventures
the whole Aegean/Adriatic area was likely am active one in prehistoric times
Y-DNA J2, a marker of those greeks and southeast Europe in general, has been found in bronze age Croatia for instance

the north on the other hand would be Sardinian like if it wasn't for its continental input, from various cultures preceding even Celts and starting from proto-villanovans

non ho mai negato la chiara differenza tra nord e sud, ma è chiaro che questa differenza è sostanzialmente preistorica, sorta in sostanza a movimenti post neolitici da diverse sorgenti, più continentali per il nord, più egeo-anatoliche per il sud, tutto lì, e che l'impatto importante dei Longobardi è stato soprattutto culturale, più che etnico

It's not north Italy it's South Tirol (Austria) and majority germanic

Find the differences

voglio dire, sti stronzi vorrebbero semplicemente ridurre le cose al dire che i Lombardi sono solamente un mucchio di tedeschi che hanno iniziato a parlare latino sbiascicato, completamente ignorando qualsiasi evidenza anche antropologica, perché il nord Italia è fondamentalmente Alpino-Mediterraneo, con un nordicismo fondamentalmente in ultimo piano

Ci sta.
Però 500+ anni avranno pur portato un qualche cambiamento.
Il risultato non è male in ogni caso.

>haplogroups
top kek

PCA or bust

It`s the Roman Empire, not "byzantine".

I think so
venetians didn't have any major germanic influence, and pre-rome they didn't have any major celtic influence
what are they then?

>holy
>roman
>empire
always gets me

haplogroups help trace migrations, that's all
it's not a coincidence that the areas of Italy with higher steppe input also happen to have more R1b-M269 of course, even if those migrations were unbalanced toward males

>the successor state of the Western Roman Empire, whose Emperor is crowned by the Pope is somehow "neither holy, nor roman nor an empire"

Ebin Voltairememeing, redditboy

WE have to keep in mind also that Lombards were ~2/300k people (including women and children) while Italy at that time was still ~20 million inhabitants
Plus the fact thatLombards had the tendency to not mix with the locals (they thought they conquered power because of their germanic culture; since they knew they were in little number and they knew that their culture would disappear by mixing)

Now the real, De Facto, map

You tell me.

No, Italy's population was maybe 8 million before the Gothic Wars and 2 million after

The Lombards also intermarried with the Roman upper classes to an extent that you could barely tell the difference between a Lombard and a Roman

Not at all.

North and South Italians are actually very similar genetically, and the social and economic differences mostly have to do with the history of each region. The North has been growing economically since the Renaissance and has always had a stronger middle class to encourage this. The South was mostly rural and poor and the country has had to deal with development there since the founding of the country. The South has been pretty backwards for centuries.

Well, they are close enough to other north Italians for there being an homogenization, for one.
Also all of north Italy was reached by the Urnfield system and related cultures, including (most likely) Italics(Venetics), and those entered from the north-east, meaning they influenced Veneto as well. Those are very important as well, as Celts are not the only factor of north Italian ethnogenesis in the bronze and iron ages.

I am not aware of any strong gradient west-east in the north.

nah, they all niggas

That's it, it was holy only because somebody said so, roman because somebody said so and an empire because somebody said so, it was those three things practically only on paper while being just a clusterfuck of mostly german principalities which didn't matter and had almost no connection to Roman Empire, except for emperor, who again wasn't even roman.

I was about to post this exact same comment wtf