Chapter 61
mega.nz/#!pJMjwBST!M8zsyfGkgh0ycukA5O9USGwerC7SUB0FplfrpXftKKo

Chapter 62
mega.nz/#!sQtwhKbD!RE1_EbhGiNd0FSaezAVKmyW3v5LBhaR4Cinvxb_QWbk

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!VNdzDYYK!nK9fNU3LeprlZSbRAnlsRg
pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A friend suggested this Anime. Is it worth watching?

>Previous stuff
mega.nz/#F!VNdzDYYK!nK9fNU3LeprlZSbRAnlsRg

>For animefags looking to continue the story
pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ

I have no real appropriate picture for this so I'll just attach a sleeping Rem

[Subaru: Is that so? But didn’t things like the hall decorations increase the amount of work? I’m really sorry about that. I’ll definitely compensate for it somehow next time.]

[Rem: Don’t worry about it. In exchange, tonight I’ll have you let me see your sleeping face for longer than usual.]

[Subaru: Hm……? Didn’t you just say something kinda odd? Sleeping face?]

[Rem: Nope, I didn't say anything odd~]

It's good, but not amazing. I would recommend anyone read it if the whole story were easily available. It really works better as a novel that takes its time and like most LN adaptions they don't try to rework stuff so that info and characterization isn't lost.

I will say it's a love it or hate it anime. As it ultimately boils down to the personal struggles of an intentionally flawed protagonist.

But that begs the question how long she usually watches him.

Wonder what she would do if he trolled her by locking the door.

Now no one can stop him from sleeping in and he'll be in deep trouble.

You little shit. You used her as the OP on purpose.

So that's why the LN version was setting up the subplot of the clown and Ram telling Toyota not to trust Frederica. I don't really think it was that necessary as it's not entirely unreasonable to start suspecting her in the heat of the moment. Honda was just assuming the clown couldn't be that much of a shitter and only had this new maid to blame.

I wonder how attached he is to having working locks on his doors.

From a meta perspective it's more tense to have this persistent distrust about Frederica until she's shockingly revealed to be completely a good guy.

She might just take a bit more as compensation for having to fiddle with the locks.

That makes sense. It would give her another role beyond being needed to keep the mansion running since her past with Garfiel is no longer a secret and Subaru did some reading on the demihuman war so her exposition is no longer too necessary.

I suppose that's true. I really wish we had better scans for some of these.

Though really, the real question is how things would go if Subaru woke up to see Rem watching him next to his bed.

You know after all the shit Petra has to go through I think she deserves some typesetting love.

I can't do these at anything resembling a reasonable rate unless I get some sleep. I'll do it tomorrow.

F

And I thought he was doing well in this loop. Too bad, and holy shit the last loop really is half the arc then?

The more I read about Beatrice the more I am loving her

You start out finding her funny and cutesy then it sets in that she's a very sad girl who holds the pain of being alone for 400 years. I'm surprised there isn't much art about that somber side of her.

>Subaru: “Your, knife... is wet, with whose blood?”
>Blood sticks, clinging down the blade of Elsa's kukri. The drips falling from its point, as if it had only just slashed open its prey, make Subaru far more than capable of imaging the worst. Subaru's lips pallid and trembling, Elsa traces her finger down the side of her blade. She licks up the blood dirtying her pale finger.
>Elsa: “Whose do you think?”
>Subaru: “You goddamn...”
>Elsa: “A hint. They were wearing a maid outfit.”
>Three persons remain in the mansion. They were wore all wearing maid outfits. Or no, the sleeping
>Rem was in negligee. Discount her. Two left.
>Elsa: “A second hint. Their hair was not long.” Petra with hers shoulder-length, Frederica with hers grown long.
>—Subaru's throat sucks in the air needed to scream.
>Elsa: “A third hint. As they died crying, they sobbed Subaru, Subaru!”

What the fuck Tappei. Why bring his daughterus into this mess.

>Beatrice: “...Let me go, I suppose.”
>Subaru: “If I match to your pace she's immediately gonna catch up to us! It'd be even faster if I ran with you slung over my shoulders! And—”
>Beatrice, held to his chest, voices her rejection. But her fingers cling reliant to the chest region of Subaru's jacket. Subaru's eyes freeze on the sight, his words aborted as he makes neither reference nor denial nor affirmation of it.
>This is okay, is what Subaru presently thinks.

This is the moment I can officially say that Subaru has become Beatrice's father figure.

Unfortunately for her, Petra has been in peril since her introduction

>almost killed by mabeasts
>almost murdered by cultists

and when this arc ends

>narrowly avoided getting murdered by Elsa

Poor girl has had a lifetime of danger and she's only 11.

Its funny how the roles are reversed now and Subaru's reward at the end of the day is seeing her sleeping face.

False messiah.
>funny
Hilarious.

Rem has such a martyr complex that she'll probably get mad when Subaru tries to make her stop.

Congrats Tappei. You managed to make me want the MILFy assassin to die.

Petra has a rough life

Well, basically everyone who is closest to Subaru had a tough life.

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

So... who was it?

>Rem tells Subaru a bedtime story
>the MC is suspiciously Remlike
>Rem keeps having MC abruptly die or heroically sacrifice themselves
>despite it being about how she saved the land
>an increasingly annoyed Subaru has to get her back on track by pointing out this continuity error

That's also a false messiah

>This OP
Fuck, I didn't ask for this

Worth watching sure for ad adaptation /advert for the WN/LN its okay. Though they had to butcher a bunch of stuff to fit the first 3 arcs in. That includes character depth/development. Especially Rem and Subaru's.

>Subaru: “Peh, trra...”
>Faltering, unsteady steps lead Subaru to the table.
>Petra lies face-up in the middle. Frozen firm on her loveable face is an expression of agony, tears and dread, her eyes wide open in despair of what she last saw. Blood leaks from the corners of her open mouth, the lethal blow of course being the slash of the deep knife wound splitting her belly.
>That maid outfit she had sweetly, fairylike with skirt billowing, shown to Subaru—from beneath its breast to its gut there rips a straight slice, the spilled blood and guts further lightening the body of the little girl.
>Subaru: “—ue,”
>Something wells up from the back of his throat.
>Not vomit, but a sob.
>A heat burns in the back of his eyes, Subaru promptly reaching out to Petra's face before that can flow over. Her face yet remains in terror twisted. Subaru at least closes her eyes, sheds his jacket as he had before and lays it over her body.
>How many times now had he given this superficial compensation to an unsaved Petra?
>How many times, knowing this would happen, but still not averting it, had Subaru let this girl die?
>How many times, purely because of her involvement with Subaru, would this girl have to suffer?
>Subaru: “I'm so sorry... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... Petra...”
>The apologies from his mouth reverberate only hollow.

I'm surprised Subaru hasn't broken down at this point. The old Subaru would definitely have.

>—Petra was atop the dining table, set alongside the tableware. The white tablecloth seeps with a red stain, the body of a collapsed Petra at its centre. Time has already passed, with the shade of shed blood shifting soon to dark rust, the scene intensifying in its morose air.

>Subaru: “Peh, trra...”

>Faltering, unsteady steps lead Subaru to the table.

>Petra lies face-up in the middle. Frozen firm on her loveable face is an expression of agony, tears and dread, her eyes wide open in despair of what she last saw. Blood leaks from the corners of her open mouth, the lethal blow of course being the slash of the deep knife wound splitting her belly.

>That maid outfit she had sweetly, fairylike with skirt billowing, shown to Subaru—from beneath its breast to its gut there rips a straight slice, the spilled blood and guts further lightening the body of the little girl.

>Subaru: “—ue,”

>Something wells up from the back of his throat. Not vomit, but a sob.

>A heat burns in the back of his eyes, Subaru promptly reaching out to Petra's face before that can flow over. Her face yet remains in terror twisted. Subaru at least closes her eyes, sheds his jacket as he had before and lays it over her body. How many times now had he given this superficial compensation to an unsaved Petra?

>How many times, knowing this would happen, but still not averting it, had Subaru let this girl die? How many times, purely because of her involvement with Subaru, would this girl have to suffer?

Emilia, Priscilla, and Al got fucked too. They dropped Emilia's petty side after the first arc, Al has no build up, and Priscilla just seems like more of a meme than usual with little to back it up.

I dunno user, I think it was it was a dog or something.

Seeing Petra and the other kids take a dirt nap in arc 3 is part of why he despaired, so yeah. This would have broke him.

I think that Blue Ram character who appeared this arc is the real traitor.

I wonder if she's a faulty Lewes clone of Ram

Worst game of Guess Who ever. Didn't even need the last clue.

Who nose?

This Rem seemed exploitable

Re:Zero - A loli dies in every arc.

Yeah, missed the black line on my original cut, thanks.

Emilia is a ggod girl but Rem is superior
When will the author give the main girl seat to Rem? Emilia can still be another heroine though

Rendered it because I was bored

As much as I like Rem, there's no way she can be the main girl. At least, in the non-romantic sense, because the story is pretty much Emilia trying to win the throne when we're not including the witchy stuff (and that's debatable too given what she is). If it's any consolation Rem is considered a heroine and a love interest on equal footing with Emilia but she's just like Subaru in that their goals are ultimately Emilia's due to being in her faction.

Even though she's got good tits, I want to see Elsa burn

Well I've got good news for you.

Rem will never be main girl. Rem will be and already has become main love interest though.

Reminder that if you vote for Emilia she will rule the country for literal centuries and probably won't hand over the reins to her short lived human offspring.

>you will never be isekai'd to Re:Zero land at the end of the election where either Felt or Emilia won and soak in the mass post-election butthurt in real time

Feels bad man.

>Subaru: “Right, leave it all to me—”
>Small, trembling fingers reach out toward Subaru.
>Spurred on by an incomprehensible strength flooding out from inside him, Subaru reaches for Beatrice's hand.
>Subaru had completely forgotten why he had come here.
>He had actually come to Beatrice seeking her strength, to break through his dead-end situation. He expected that of anyone, she would help him.
>But now that he knew Beatrice's suffering, the darkness of her heart, such a thing was unthinkable.
>All that prompted Subaru's actions was a sense of duty, wanting to save a small girl agonized by her isolation.
>If he takes that hand, Subaru will be adding yet another unabandonable load on his shoulders. Despite already carrying more baggage than he conceivably could, Natsuki Subaru was again intending to hold more.
>But he didn't mind. After all,
>Beatrice: “—”
>—How could he abandon a little girl, looking at him with such trembling eyes?
>Beatrice was trying to depend on him.
>Which summons for Subaru an unbearable, unassailable feeling. He doesn't know what. >The meaning doesn't even matter. Simply, his soul is screaming.
>Help her! Save her! To you, that girl is—and so.

Definitely. Quite the father complex this one has.

Still waiting for when this doting father is faced with other things like having boys included into their daughteru's lives

I can smell the threats and gunpowder already

that's right, there is nothing for Rem aside from romantic plot,

Oh now that's just objectively wrong

Tell me then, even her sister's horn shit is connected to her relationship with Subaru and she can do nothing about it, Ram will never recover her horn.

Al, mercenary corp, mabeasts connection, Witch Cult, being one of the only few people who can smell the scent as well as some other things.

>can't even defeat some cultists
>gets rekt by the weakest archbishop

pretty useless, just bring Garf

also, nobody knows why Al was mad, it could be just lol timeline is fucked up.

>can't even defeat some cultists
>gets rekt by the weakest archbishop

Everyone got rekt by that archbishop though. Even then, she fought a majority of the cultists on her own. If Subaru wasn't there during the Betel and Julius fight Julius would have gotten more than just a broken arm.

While nobody knows what Rem's more in the series is plot-wise there have been numerous hints that its deeper than we initially expected them to be. Just like how everyone discarded every other character as unimportant having important roles later on, like Ram, Beatrice and Otto for example.

*Rem's role

> she fought a majority of the cultists on her own

and died anyway

she can be replaced by anyone with more combat level than her which isn't hard in this world.

Sure, Tappei can give her a role later, but there is nothing she can do that another character can't already do better or any proof of her invovement being needed.

involvement*

So can Subaru, and a number of people, but like Echidna said, there is a reason why every individual is there, you cannot complete a puzzle if you have missing pieces.

Well with how Lewes talks about the cogs slipping you never know. The fact that due to Rem's disappearance that Subaru is able to have a near fanatical support from the villagers and those who were there during the white whale battle, Rem's mere existence has more power that people believe it to be. As her involvement is what fuels a number of things later down the line.

Plus with what Tappei said about the story being planned from the start, she already has a pre-determined role that is yet to be fufilled. Like a number of characters.

This. Without Rem's involvement in arc 3 there would have never been an arc 4 or arc 5. With arc 6 being the main goal to save her yet her being there as one of the main drivers of revealing the plot and Al's planned involvement in arc 7 Rem has more things surrounding her than what meets the eye.

you can't possibly use Subaru as comparison because he has all the reasons to do what he do, aside from being the main character, and the point is that he should be weak as fuck anyway. until the rise of the Dark Lord Subaron

like I said, that's just a possibility, there is nothing based on what we are now that can give base for that, and even define what that role is.

Is this manga chapter?

>like I said, that's just a possibility, there is nothing based on what we are now that can give base for that, and even define what that role is

Except you can say that for a number of characters, hell, you can even put a number of characters into question like Meili, Otto, Heinkel and others.

They have specific characteristics that can give you advantage one moment or another, If Otto was Subaru's friend in arc 3 for example his work there would be more easy.

Do you really think that Rem's role is only due to "horn shit"? There is a reason why Subaru and her are described as characters "constantly defying fate" user. Whatever fate those two may hold we don't know but it sure as hell is important plot-wise.

But is Otto really Subaru's friend? From somebody that's shady as fuck you'd think otherwise.

You kinda do, there should be only one twin that's alive. Considering how freindly Al is towards Ram while also knowing her name without even telling her. What really tripped him up was knowing both sisters are live. Plus your reasoning "lol timeline is fucked up" is PRETTY FUCKING BIG in term's of a plot involving trying to following a fated timeline.

No no, I just discussed with them how negative this place is.

Anyway, Ferri is an angel.

I think he is, obviously maybe he still is analyzing profits from situations but he made some moves even though was much risk involved.

To make Rem relevant teipei could give her return by death too and her memories from when she killed subaru. that would be just lovely

STOP SPAMMING!!!

LN illustrations?

Yeah the official twitter just released a ton of stuff about Petra. So now this is done you know who might get a reveal next.

I am hoping for Lust

Hm. Except for some crazy changes Lust won't appear in the 11th volume's range of content. If anything I believe Sloth might be next.

Sloth would be nice

Ferri is an angel fairy.

>[Subaru: The ones who can take the Trials are Half-Elves…… or, half-bloods between humans and demi-humans. So that means the people living in the Sanctuary are all like that?]

>[Subaru: Only those who are qualified may enter the tomb, and if a person with qualification cannot clear the Trials, they cannot get out of the Sanctuary…… is it like that?]

Sorry I'm sticking with TLchiken so I"m pretty far behind, but does this meanthat Frederica may be a demi-human that cleared the trials?

>[Garfiel: Ah……? Somethin’ like that…… I guess?]

You want an answer or a hint?

Is summary/translation user here?

i doubt any of those girls are desirable to warrant such attention

I want to commit a crime

I wonder what she would look like

>Summaryanon is back
>Delivers two two absolutely great chapters at once
Sasuga, nii-san

O, so it has been answered. Give me a hint, user.