Dec. 18 California is forcing all trucks to go on E-Logs

Dec. 18 California is forcing all trucks to go on E-Logs.
This is going to slow down Californians production by a significant amount.
Is this going to trigger the crash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWmbuKSWLDE
keeptruckin.com/blog/understanding-eld-rule-eld-mandate/
truckinginfo.com/channel/drivers/news/story/2016/12/state-of-trucking-for-2017.aspx
youtu.be/W9fI5M6_XVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It will trigger industrial exodus. Say goodbye to all blue collar jobs in Commiefornia.

whats an e-log? is that like those gps digital rego tags? no more keeping several logbooks.
go and drive a truck now boys, before AI kills off the industry.

This is true.
And yes. everything will be tracked and drivers will no longer be able to drive as much as they use to.
Until semis drive their selves this will hurt the economy. BIGLY.

What is the problem?

Truckers won't be able to drive for 20 hours straight while hopped up on meth anymore.
I'm usually not a big fan of regulations, but the limits on driving hours for truckers are not unreasonable.

>drivers will no longer be able to drive as much as they use to.
So hire more drivers.

They're trying. There's not enough.
I'm sure it's going to stop some accidents but it's also going to slow down the whole industry.

All it will do is stop truckers from cheating, driving longer hours than legal.
Those who want to follow the rules are currently at a disadvantage, because there's always some redbull guzzling cowboy out there who will cheat and lie.
It will make the playing field level for everyone.

t. Trucker since 2003. On e-logs since 2014 and it's worked well for me.

>Until semis drive their selves this will hurt the economy.

Not happening for a long time. We're at least ten years off from them allowing a driver to operate an automated convoy.

Then you should know how many cowboys are already out there...
Forcing the whole state to switch at the same time will have a negative effect.

E-Logs actually fix the current system, I've been trucking for 20 years, following every rule, and for a long time following the rules shafted us. My union has been lobbying for it here and Cali and thank god for that.

#MAGA

>My union

>My union
Why do you fags always advocate big government?

> Thinks 10 years is a long time

It's not ideal, but what choice do we have?

In the US we don't have a representative democracy, we have a democracy that literally fights FOR the corporations. If our Trucking Company was run like walmart we'd have illegals high on opiates moving shit around for $2.00/h

If you think TRUCKER UNIONS are big government, you've never worked in the Industry.

This idea that all unions are bad in an An-Cap Lite Country like America is delusional. You're literally proving that you're just some 12 year old who don't know shit.

yeah nz is screaming for truckies too. scarey seeing them import pajeets to drive, the way they drive over there. maybe truckers are in short supply everywhere?
we can do 13 hours a day, and 70 hours max per week in nz.
im glad we dont have mandatory governors in our trucks to check our speed. i know some trucking firms do.
is trucking good money in the USA?

>We can't enforce the law because everyone is cheating
Sorry, I have zero sympathy for people breaking the law. As several others here have stated, they are in the trucking industry and the actual drivers think it is a good idea.

If you are talking about triggering a Wall Street crash think again buddy. PERMANENT QUANTITATIVE EASING

I heard Muslim lorry drivers are the bomb. Why are you against them?

Preach brother. When all those cheats and corporate ass suckers get caught, we'll be the ones who still have a job.

Solidarity brother.

You're all getting replaced by self-driving trucks in

Well said on both counts user. Happy trails.

>Until semis drive their selves this will hurt the economy.
How?

There is a shortage because no one pays enough and there is also all the downsides like never being home.

Halp

i cant wait until all of you are replaced by robots. this is just the 1st step.

>How many levels of money printing are you on?

Someone should make one

If "slowing down the industry" is necessary to not have people on the road for 20+ hours at a time days on end then so be it.

because the pajeet does my job at half the price.
i see why you guys have been so pissed at mexicans for so long.

>learning something less automatable?
Like what?

get 2 trucks and 2 aliases

Chad here, I can confirm what he says. Been fucking truckers wives for years.

>i cant wait until all of you are replaced by robots. this is just the 1st step.
They are creating the log system that the robots will use. This is exactly what is up. You guys are just fucked. Hate to say it. Anyone in truck driving right now may be out a job in 15 years or less. guaranteed

It's not just California. Same in NC. My father has been a truck driver for 20+ years and is just retiring because of them.

The trucks shut down automatically so even if you're 5 miles away from home and your time is up you're just fucked.

There's already a massive shortage of freight drivers, this is only going to make the problem worse. I know it sounds like a meme, but millennials simply refuse to do blue collar work (like truck driving) no matter how good the pay is.

Maybe he shouldn't break the law then eh?

>no matter how good the pay is.
There's plenty of demand for cushy jobs like truck driving for the right pay.

Same for any low skill job.

>California
Got damn take that state back from the commies already. It would be really easy. Deport half, let the other half die without thier fed supplied AIDS medicine.

I don't think you thought that through

Lmao this faggot thinks a 5 ton death machine can be run by a ZUCC software.

Better than a fat diabetic low skill low IQ burger.

Is it painful being this retarded or is it pain-free?
You a re e part of the reason this is happening; hapless idiots with no clue how food gets on the table, or who is responsible. Have fun paying 6x the current price for everything. Where cab I address this bullet for your forehead to?

>burner trucks
right around the time personal submarine tech explodes and wetback asians come to save the white man

>truckers can't break the law anymore
>That's unamerican

Why would they schedule this to go into effect right in the middle or the christmas shopping rush?

>Unions
>Gommunism

Pick one, and only one. Trust fund babby confirmed

this is just the beginning.

youtube.com/watch?v=rWmbuKSWLDE

It's Nationwide, not just cali

Truckers are scumbags they need to get them off our roads

What are you doing to future-proof your profession? You clearly see changes on the horizon, so what now?

When trucks become driverless the revolution begins. The Teamsters become terrorists and set off the EMP.

bout nap time isn't it.

Trains are better than trucks, prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't

Here in California, we use illegal aliens for most of our labor. Only if e-logs affect them will we see a change.

Short haul trucker here.

It's common when there's lots of work we will go 20 hours straight and do it again all shift. Everyone wants/needs to make money and they hate giving away work to coworkers or 3rd parties to help out.

These electronic logs will cause a lot of problems if they mass go into effect.

>muslim
>bomb

Heh

I've never heard of someone liking elogs.
>T.addy popping trucker

Train tracks & trains cost a lot to maintain and you need peoples to check the entire network regularly unless you want trains crashing all over the place, which in turn cost a fuckload of money to repair, clear out and that doesn't include the whole lot of paperwork from the peoples who lost their freight in the crash. Also unless its a 2 rail networks as to allow travelling in both direction, you're going to get traffic which greatly affect productivity. And with that said there only so much stuff you can load on a train at once so it doesn't take long before the line is at full capacity.

And there the terrain itself, a train track can't just be built anywhere, it require quite a lot of planning and engineering even if it still on the drawing board.

Thus a truck is a better option most of the time, especially in secluded places or over long distance that aren't covered by others mean of transport.

Depends on the country. Trains aren't better for the US due to how population density has been set since the US was built as a nation for cars not having had the population commute problems which had arisen over the previous centuries.
Protip: you're a fag.

>Say goodbye to all blue collar jobs in Commiefornia.
Good riddance. Once we have nothing but white collar, college educated workers we will be on par with Japan

You called him brother twice you fag

And this is what's destroying California.

i have extensive knowledge in networking, network security, database management, etc. i bet i could write a program to let your company spoof the system for awhile and out-compete the other companies while you rake-in millions in profits from this.

if you're in a representative company and are interested let me know

>food is made in the grocery store
you'll starve to death and nothing will be built, fixed, or maintained. your tap water and sewage will become the same thing

What's an E-Log and why is this important?

Shuts you down every so often so you don't get sleepy. It's nanny state shit.

>Soyboys will build our houses, maintain our infrastructure and do other necessary man jobs.

>Until semis drive their selves

Which is already possible with current tech.

Not on all the small city roads, but on the long stretches of motorway.
Trucker could do the loading/unloading, refueling and the part to and from the motorway, and rest in between.

>stupid nanny state keeping my roads safe.

wat

They're forcing the industry into robotic auto drive.

elogs are pretty much gong to be mandatory nationwide.

ELD Mandate: keeptruckin.com/blog/understanding-eld-rule-eld-mandate/

Excerpt:

>The ELD mandate implementation deadline is December 18, 2017, for most commercial motor vehicle

This is very prohibiting regulations that leaves trucking companies and drivers no flexibility to schedule runs and to allow for safer driving conditions due to the avoidance of high traffic areas/times and to allow for variances due to weather and unforeseen complications (backups due to accidents, construction zones, etc.).

There already is a driver shortage"

truckinginfo.com/channel/drivers/news/story/2016/12/state-of-trucking-for-2017.aspx

Excerpt:

>a lack of qualified drivers and industry turnover, in general, has some projections showing a need for 100,000 drivers heading into in 2017, according to Driver Solutions.

It is getting harder and harder to get and retain quality drivers, and it is now going to get rapidly worse where you will have underqualified drivers holding a steering wheel that won't know how to handle extreme conditions thereby becoming a greater danger on the road.

Once again, the government believes that it knows best regardless of its lack of experience and/or common sense.

truckeranon here. i've been boycotting CA for years now - i refuse to deliver to the state. i refuse to even drive through the state. there are more than a few trucking companies whose recruiting points are "no CA/no NY". imagine what will happen if ALL the companies refused to deliver to these 2 states...

You fucking retard fascism grew from syndicalism and corporatism

So you can't smoke meth keep two books and drive 36 hour shifts?

Good it will keep tweaker truckers grounded.

>Drive up price of truck drivers
>Automatic trucks become more economically feasible

Exactly the opposite of why machines aren't harvesting all of our crops.

>So you can't smoke meth

I've been providing the trucking industry intimately for over 27 years. Due to regular drug testing the days of the dope smoking, pill popping, greasy, sleazy truck drivers are gone.

And seriously, you think that drivers do meth? Have you ever seen a meth user, let alone an addict? Not going to happen very often, and not for very long, as a driver.

The ELD requirement is nationwide, not just here in commifornia. If you installed an AOBRD prior to December 18th 2017 you don't need an ELD until Dec 2019.

>T.ELD Provider

One of the scariest things is thinking some moron that thinks just because he can drive a pick up thinks he can handle a tractor trailer.

>cushy jobs

hardly, the hours are hell and you live out of a cheap motel. even if you make good money, the 5 star hotels aren't gonna let you park you semi.

>Drive up price of truck drivers

That's not even helping to bring in drivers.

Truck driving can be a pretty darn good source of income and benefits; however, offering more money and benefits hasn't been helping. Why?

Most new hires cannot pass a physical and/or a drug test.

isnt the driving time in america like 12hours? here you can only drive for 4.5hours and you have to keep 45min break and then another 4.5hours

All the truckers I meet at work are Muslims, poos, and super white trash. They can always hire more street shitters and Mecca compasses.

Because truck driving won't be around much longer. At this point if your a driver you better be close to retirement, or ready to learn a new trade because in ten years, 15 tops you'll be out of a job in 90% of all sectors.

>not realizing the us was built for trains.
>not realizing that all towns had rail access and having a rail line skip your town was a death sentence.

Over the past 40 years we've gone great lengths to rip out old rail lines in cities and towns and not replace them due to the automobile.

Yeah, promoting underqualified drivers, or trucks that will drive themselves, will cause more of these types of 'incidents': youtu.be/W9fI5M6_XVk

>There's not enough.
Looks like companies will have to begin offering paid training and higher wages, more benefits.
>wages going up
Oh nooooooooo

>isnt the driving time in america like 12hours?

11 hours, which is plenty enough time to get a long haul in. However, the problem is that those 11 hours have to be down within 14 hours and the driver has to take at least one 30 minute break which means you have to drive for at least 3 hours if you only want to take one break.

Why is this a problem?

Drivers cannot split up a run to avoid rush hour traffic or wait out a weather situation. This causes drivers to hammer down through adverse conditions or further clog up an already congested traffic condition (or both).

Don't forget about the car haulers.
Imagine it taking 3-5 hours to load your trailer because some shit 20 year old kid at a dealership is taking his sweet time.

>Looks like companies will have to begin offering paid training and higher wages, more benefits.

They have been.

The problem is: Finding drivers that can pass both a physical and a drug test.

Then there is the problem of insurability. If you have too many points or inspection violations (every damn light must work regardless if it just a decorative one) the insurance company will not cover you.

>driving OTR

Fuck that. Be a garbage truck driver and go home every night.

What's the median wage of a truck driver? Short and long haul?

How much has it gone up the last decades?

>Don't forget about the car haulers.
>Imagine it taking 3-5 hours to load your trailer because some shit 20 year old kid at a dealership is taking his sweet time.

Sounds like the voice of agonizing experience.

It's how it is for a lot of car haulers.

I work in this industry, its causing a driver shortage and an increase in shipping costs. Normally you get about 500 miles out of a driver per day, but drivers regularly will do up to 800. This new law will turn 1 day transits into 2 day transits = costs go up. You should also look at the increase in diesel fuel tax in Cali, costs going into/out of Cali are through the fucking roof. Nobody wants to go.

>Be a garbage truck driver and go home every night.

A friend of mine started off by hanging off of the back of a residential truck and worked his way up to roll-offs. Folks would ask abut the smell. His response was

>That's the smell of money!

He now drives a day cab for Dayton Freight and is home every day making good money and benefits.

>Normally you get about 500 miles out of a driver per day, but drivers regularly will do up to 800

The ones I know well shoot for 600 per day or 3000 per week. It is getting harder and harder to get that, and with ever tightening regulations yeah... 500 is going to be about it.

Truck owner here. California has always had super strict rules like brand new trucks that dont harm the environment and shit like that so most truck drivers and owners avoid doing business in there anyway, this won't affect most people in the industry, only the big companies can afford to run in there anyway so it doesn't matter.

Who cares? Their jobs will be automated anyway.

>Who cares? Their jobs will be automated anyway.

When?

In the mean time, you're going to see ever increasing prices for damn near everything you buy, and the roads will not be any safer.