Do you get post-show depression? How do you deal with it?

Do you get post-show depression? How do you deal with it?

I know I'm a bitch but I have to wait months between shows in order to emotionally recharge if the previous show (or show ending) was good. Happened with a Code Geass rewatch recently.

>Oyasumi Punpun

Bought Arzach to ease my mind.

Try and watch other series but I usually drop them pretty quickly if they're not as engaging. Then I get over it and start watching shit again.

If it's good

I read the manga

You watch shows ad infinitum

I just rewatched Eva, actually. First I was sad, then I was happy, and now I'm sad again.

baka that shrinks the emotional value of each show you watch

>I know I'm a bitch but I have to wait months between shows in order to emotionally recharge if the previous show (or show ending) was good

Jesus Christ

Don't judge me.

I'm already legit depressed so I'm not really bothered by it.

you're such a faggot user

I read the manga.

>No manga

I kill myself or wait for the BD/DVD to temporarily push the pain aside. Then kill self.

Your hobby seems to be having a negative effect on your mind- maybe you should not watch anime or find other hobbies to distract from the fact that you should obviously kill yourself.

Depends on the show. Texhnolyze fucked with me for a couple weeks or so, but the worst one was School Days. I was legit depressed for like 3 months.

just move on to something else asap
maybe read some manga

Sometimes, if it's really good. Then I think about it for a while and move on.

I used to get that, but not anymore. Now I just go on with my daily life like usual.

I used to, but only for the first couple of shows I watched. Biggest would have been FMA:B, after that I was pretty distraught but I guess that could be chalked up to how young I was. I don't feel anything after finishing anime anymore except for a feeling of slight satisfaction that I could wipe that one off the list.

I don't do this but
>make 30 threads a day saying "s2 when", picture of the main girl, "this is say something nice about her", "what's his endgame", "what did they mean by this", etc.

This, but I also check for LN

Make threads and dump images until people talk about it.

Withdrawals show how new you are. If you've watch enough, you'll never feel anything again.

Same as After watching enough shows you just get desensitized.

I'm always in the middle of three or four anime/manga at a time, so if I finish one I'm still in the middle of two or three more, and then I pick up a new series as soon as possible, so I'm always reading and watching something.

Read its manga/LN if there's one, re-listen to its soundtrack, fap to its doujins then forget about it in 2 days and watch something else

I get some sleep over it.

Watched Honey & Clover a long time ago and im still depressed :(

>Do you get post-show depression?
No, I'm not retarded.

You get jaded after experiencing it like 10-12 times. Around that mark.

Might take others less since I'm a sappy fuck who gets worked up when they slap "The End" on anything even if it was crap.

Just as planned.

watch another one. discuss it.
remember dont be sad that its over, be glad that it happened

It seems to happen less and less often lately.
Marathoned Geass R1+R2 in three days this week and even though I really liked it, I didn't get that post-show blues. That might be because I know R3 is coming, though.

I was depressed for like a month after Code Geass R2 finished airing in 2008. I had to force myself to stop thinking about it.

It's pretty rare for it to happen these days but once every year or so an anime ending fucks me up emotionally. You just have to move on.

>Do you get post-show depression?
No, I have constant depression.

>How do you deal with it?
Watch another show.

I remember dealing with my post-Evangelion depression by watching rebuilds

I deal with it by remembering that it's actually just my regular depression coming back now that i'm not distracted, so I start another show

I got it fucking hard after umineko. Other than that, not really.

If you watch anime and get post show depression, you're a failure of a man.

If you are in this fucking place you are a failure of a man.

I think that would just make me more depressed, albeit for a different reason.

If the series was good then I won't finish the material and leave it 2 eps or a few chapters from the ending.
That way I can never be dissapointed with the ending. I can then move on to other series to rinse and repeat.

>How do you deal with it?
I just never watch the last episode.

You don't

They made Cowboy Bebop to relieve Evangelion's nihilistic vacuum.

This guy gets it