One Piece

Overall thoughts on Whole cake arc so far?

What do you think will happen in the final two chapters this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=htF1kxwdez4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’m sure what I say is already said by someone else, but I’ll throw it out there anyways. This post, of course, concerns Nami’s expression at Pudding’s news of Sanji’s proposal to her.
Initially, when I read other people’s views on her expression, I thought to myself, Yeah, Nami could be extremely upset at the news more so than Luffy. But it’s really how to tell because of the way Oda draws them. (Emotions is mostly show by the eyes.)
The way Oda’s draws male eyes is simpler compare to female eyes. It could be because Nami’s eyes are more detailed that she comes across looking more shocked than Luffy. For all I know, they could be equally shocked.
Anyways, I didn’t put too much emphasis on it until certain people made a huge fuss about it. I decided look at the chapter again and noticed that Oda actually drew their expressions side by side three times, one page after another.
The first one is when they see Pudding. Nami is clearly surprised while Luffy looks angry.
The second one is the news of Sanji’s proposal. Both are shocked. Truthfully, I think Oda could have draw Nami’s expression from the first set and it would have fit fine with Luffy’s second expression. Instead he went with a more drastic look for her.
The last one is Pudding’s whisper. Nothing to say except whatever Pudding whispered to them horrified them.
One more thing to add,
Notice how Nami is in the exact center of the page, also notice how her panel is the only panel without a dialog bubble blocking any part of her face. She doesn’t say anything and her expression is very prominent here. She even holds that expression to the last panel of the page, unlike Luffy who goes back to being angry. Nami is very shocked and Oda wants you to absolutely see that.

Already best arc since forever in terms of character designs

>Pudding will suicide
>Sanji will fail to protect her
>through some asspull Luffy and friends manage to escape/ defeat big mom

Brook will use his soul to pretend to be dead. They bring the body to Big Mom and she realizes that his body has no soul. She discards his body somewhere and then his soul re-enters his body. Escape complete. Don't know about Pedro though

>Pudding-chan
>chan

These guys will save the day.

Please Oda at least show them before the year ends

>Overall thoughts on Whole cake arc so far?
Even if the rest of the arc is a bust, it's already better than the "bad arc trilogy"
>What do you think will happen in the final two chapters this year?
Chopper escapes. Brook takes out the mooks and has to deal with Smoothie.

Will consider it a good arc if Luffy manages to kick big moms ass. Really don't want to see her again.

>hating best yonko

>best yonko
You hurt Kaido's feeling user

Best arc post timeskip so far.

Best arc since Impel Down, best villain since Magelan. Also furries.

So Nami likes Sanji?

Of course, they're nakama

>zoro couldn't be included in this arc because he would have zoloed everyone

Pudding is cute and nakama!

So is Vivi. Sorry, Purin, you're too boring at the moment to be a team member.

*The Kaido

What's this meme about? I was gone for a while. I also don't know what the Afro Franky being canon is about and the Almighty Roger one.

Can someone explain?

>Pudding opens her third eye
>Her Sangan gives her the ability to see the future, travel through dimensions, mind read, copy skills, cast hypnosis, emit and control fire, cast illusions, and come back to life when killed

Purin is just another -chan for Sanji.

>too OP to be alive
>still boring just overpowered

thanks user for editing the pic and removing her mustache

But that image isn't edited

THE ALMIGHTY PIRATE KING is like THE INVINCIBLE CAPTAIN JACK or some other shit like that

This one isn't either

Ohh, right. Thank you.

Afro Franky remains a scientific mystery.

Zolo vs Cracker and his interaction with Sanji's siblings would have been fun though

But that one is edited with the Rukia melting face

why did you post this in both threads, you fucking attention-grabbing asshat

>Afro Franky remains a scientific mystery.
Had a short laugh on this for some reason

Rukia is cute tho

Reminder that Franky will build himself into Pluton by the time Luffy and co gets to Wano. He did say he will build a weapon against the Kaido after all

Not when her face is melting

Out of all the same post in both threads you quote this one?
Why? Is it because it triggers you? Buttmad LuNafag

1) Sanji is a cuck
2) Oda is a hack
3) Nothing happens: the chapter

Literally nothing will happen in the next two chapters
They too will be 'le ebin setup' chapters that oda cocksuckers will defend to their last breath.
And chapters will continue to be of the """""Setup""""" type until fucking nothing happens and this conflict resolves itself offscreen. Screencap this

Why wasnt robin asleep on Franky this week? That legit happened in print right? I thought it was super cute but the anime apparently separated them?

never happened

That never happened

What

What a fucking slut.

Told you it would happen.

Yeah, Momo is the biggest slut in the series

Shut the fuck speedreaders

Oda will deliver

Caesar will be the hero of the arc

That's not how you spell Jinbe

That's not Brook

Yeah, it's not.

>Overall thoughts on Whole cake arc so far?

I hate it, feels like filler. The crew is apart, Luffy won't win in a fight against big mam, everyone is making mountains out of mole hills in the story, it all just feels meandering. What's the fucking point if we know Kaido is the goal?

What's the fucking point if we know Sanji will just come back and that there is absolutely nothing that can go wrong? No one is going to die, or lose or leave. It's like Fishman Island to me, a stop gap between what we really want. It shouldn't be, I mean it's fucking big mam, an emperor of the sea and one of 4 biggest of the baddies but it all just feels like shit.

I'm not even bothering to read it weekly like I used to. I could miss 6 chapters and not have any trouble following the threads.

As much as I would like to disagree, I cant.
Exactly this.

>things are heating up with big mum
>brook finally getting some action
>choppers got a plan
zoro, robin, usopp and franky are the focus next chapter

Oda?

Its because there is nothing happening that it feels like filler
All the last 5 chapters have shown could be compressed in 1, and it would be a 2/10 chapter
Oda is reaching levels of hackness we never thought possible, introducing plot elements and abandoning them, revisiting cucky sanjo every 4th panel etc

I think ive been decieved by NS. I vividly remember that panel but now find no evidence of it.

Maybe you are thinking of Punk Hazard.
That's where Robin was sleeping on him and vice versa.
Franky is too ugly for her though. I am mad.

that was a shipper's edit

Kek i remember that
Was a p good edit

What fuck is the point of the manga? We all know Luffy is going to become Pirate King anyway.

what's the point in living? We all know we're gonna die anyway

It's like you know nothing about storytelling. How you describe it, you want the manga to be non stop action and reveals, without proper pause and tension. Fuck you.

zoro would literally have cut FI, PH, Dressrosa and Wholecake Island to 5 chapters each, he could solo any arc so far

this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

flashback franky was pretty good-looking

then he got the metal nose and triple chin

The dominos are all set up, all we need is someone to knock over the first one. Here's hoping Brook's performance ignites the powder keg that is Whole Cake Island.

Nothing will happen in the next couple of chapters. Nothing ever happens in One Piece chapters. Really, when was the last time something happened? Like 200 chapters ago?

With Zou and now Whole Cake island feeling like it's about to reach it's climax, im happy that Oda's returning to what seems like more condensed arcs. It feels like the Yonko saga will be similar to the Summit War saga in the sense that it will be short to medium length arcs that set the next arc up... but I can also see Wano being another 100 chapter arc

law getting his arm chopped off

ofc that didnt last long

Wano is gonna be the end off Kaido, I think both him and Big Mom will be defeated during the Yonko saga, basically shaking up the world and setting new Yonkos, Luffys fleet and allies will probably conquer territory for him and such.

Still unsure how the Reverie is gonna fit into all this

>The crew is apart
So? What are you a Zorifag?

>Luffy won't win in a fight against big mam
Good

>everyone is making mountains out of mole hills in the story,
Either you've been speedreading and don't understand the circumstances at all or you're just retarded.

>What's the fucking point if we know Kaido is the goal?
Why don't we just skip to raftel right now????

>What's the fucking point if we know Sanji will just come back and that there is absolutely nothing that can go wrong? No one is going to die, or lose or leave

Literally every arc ever. You can only blame yourself at this point if you went into this arc thinking that Sanji was actually going to leave. Doesnt make it any less enjoyable.

>I mean it's fucking big mam, an emperor of the sea and one of 4 biggest of the baddies but it all just feels like shit.
BM is one of the best things about the arc in the first place. She's exceeded all expectations.

I really hope that the Kaidou fight is similar to the Oz fight. It should feature several fighters (Kidd, Law, Zoro, Killer, maybe Moriah) fighting him at the same time, until Luffy arrives and Kaidou beats the rest, ending in a 1v1.

That fight has to be huge, especially after how huge the Doffy fight was.

But if Roger could 1 v 1 them, Luffy should too.

Yeah, but Luffy won't be at Roger's level any time soon. Kaidou is the strongest creature alive, so Luffy won't beat him alone unless he's the final villain, which he clearly won't be.

So Brook ties his soul king bit to his music. Ive always thought the electric guitar was kind of lame but what if it acts as an amplifier of sorts? Louder music = more soul = stronger effect or something like that.

The Wano arc will be nice and all but don't forget *The Kaido___________________________________________________

Unless there is another timeskip, I see the series ending in 5-6 years in universe. I bet he'll be roughly Roger level either after Big Mom falls or after he beats a few of Kaido's mooks.

Ignoring your shitposting, I can't wait for Wano to be over 150 chapters long and people hating on it because of their short attention spans, like in Dressrosa.

I also think there'll be a timeskip, but I doubt Luffy will be on Roger's level until very near the end of the series.

If he reaches that level after beating Kaidou or Big Mom, assuming he already beat the other one that's still too many people he has to beat, which should be at least on his same level, so they would have to be on Roger's level too.

People didn't hate Dressrosa because it was long, they hated it because it was shit

Luffy will never be on Roger's level because he's a pussy who uses a Devil Fruit to attain power.

>they would have to be on Roger's level too.
I think Shanks and BB are stronger than Roger was.

That opinion is just wrong. Dressrosa is the best arc since Enies Lobby.

>in universe
>5-6 years left
>unless there is another timeskip
You are making no sense. It took the Strawhats like a week or less to arrive to Zou from Fishman Island. Luffy vs Blackbeard will go down in a few weeks.

Why? One Piece has never been about power levels, so there isn't a need to one up the last generation. I'm seriously doubting there'll be a character that is as strong as Roger in his prime, maybe not even Luffy.

>feels like filler.
glad to say I stopped reading there.

No it was an epic detailing the struggle of comradery. When Barto threw his prank bomb into the crowd, all of the citizens were pushing each other over to save their own hide. At the end of the arc we see everyone helping each other out when the birdcage is just feet away about to kill them! The arc is beautiful.

I forgot to add tops, 5-6 years TOPS. It'll probably end before Luffy is 20 honestly.

EoS Blackbeard maybe.

>I hate it, feels like filler. The crew is apart, Luffy won't win in a fight against big mam

What is Water 7
What is Alabasta

Is this your first arc? Absolutely nothing you're saying is new to One Piece at all.

I don't get why people are so against another timeskip. It's not like it has to be as big as the other one.

The current plot line is very well defined, they are aiming for Kaidou since entering the New World, the current arc is just a detour. After they are done with Kaidou would be the perfect time for another timeskip, showing how Luffy became a Yonkou with the fleet protecting his turf while he and the main crew are doing something. That would be the perfect way to tie in to the final saga while making the whole series feel less rushed in in-series time, while making it more believable for Luffy to be on the top tier of fighters.

youtube.com/watch?v=htF1kxwdez4

what are your thoughts on the dub?

Oda cant age Luffy past his teens so he wont lose any demographics. Another timeskip is very unlikely unless it is a few weeks or something.

what if Luffy is already as strong as Roger was in his prime but meanwhile every other heavy hitter got stronger