Better than S;G. Maho tied for best girl

Better than S;G. Maho tied for best girl.

Wish I was as strong as Salieri.

Other urls found in this thread:

sonome.dareno.me/2016/11/25/zeroing-in-on-steinsgate-0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to hold a sg0 thread on Sup Forums lately, my guess is that people either played it in nip a year ago and discussed it to death, or don't have a console/don't give a fuck.

I'm only 5/6 so far, on my way to the true end, but it's been great so far. I love the extra development of Daru/Suzu/Moeka and the whole rival/friend relationship of Kurisu and Maho.

If I were to nitpick a flaw, it would be Maho/Kagari/Mayuri end - those are fine in itself, but they basically boil down to "Suzu and X travel back in time to slap Okabe, but they won't change the past anyway since the Operation Skuld D-mail is yet to be made", so that's a bit disappointing.

Also, the re-awakening is one of the best scenes ever directed in the VN industry.

re-awakening?

Re-awakening of Hououin Kyouma, at the end of The Promised Rinascimento.

Ah, got it.

I did like that they gave us a deeper understanding of the side characters, but yeah I wasn't sure how it was supposed to mean anything when it wasn't clear if Okabe was even aware of what happened.

8/10
So edgy I cut myself with it

Gehenna's Stigma was edgy as fuck.
>and then everyone died. the end

Nah, I need to get it on PC if I'm going to play it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the anime comes out next year before a proper fansub.

There's an english patch for the PC version
In fact I'm playing it right now

I'm a wageslave who pays for his translated VNs.

Trips are truth.

First ending I got.

>A fitting end for a person like me.

>hey okabe, I know you got ptsd and all that shit, but billions of people are going to die. you can save them if you just time travel once more
>no, it can't be helped, fate will fuck me anyway
That's fine and all, but then after witnessing the war with his own eyes, he is ready to timeleap 3000 times just to be able to travel back to 2010 once more? Quality writing, here.

Same.
>fuck guides, let's do a blind run on my first playthrough
>this story is supposed to be depressing anyway, what could possibly go wrong
>Gehenna's Stigma
Well, fuck.

Same here. Which is funny because I went into it going "I want to talk to Kurisu all the time".

Turns out that is the worst thing to do.

Nae-sama, hai, Nae-sama.

Wait really? Is that one complete? I heard it was missing some things and sonome.dareno.me/2016/11/25/zeroing-in-on-steinsgate-0.html were working on a better one.

I can't decide if I want to go in blind or use a guide. What do Sup Forums?

Go in blind at first, use a guide after you got your first ending.

Any ideas how they are going to make this into an anime? The story structure is all over the place, and if they want to adapt the true end again, they would have to basically adapt 2 completely different routes one after another.

Go in blind (and get bad end as literally everyone in this thread), then follow some spoiler-free guide like the one from Reading Steiner just so you know where to save the game.

>they would have to basically adapt 2 completely different routes one after another.
Just do that, it's not really a problem.

Where are the Japanese shaman girls, Lintahloo?

Professor did nothing wrong.

Everything is translated except the system menu which shouldn't be a problem.

I just finished the game and I'm confused as fuck

what's the point of mayuri leaving?
What was even the point of that whole kagari switcheroo?
Why is the true end resolution in milky way crossing not as good as promised rinascimento?
did I completely miss something?

>Also, the re-awakening is one of the best scenes ever directed in the VN industry.
yep, I basically was in tears for the whole scene

So can I read this if I haven't read S;G but watched the anime?

yes, you'll barely miss anything. They don't even reference the few VN-Only events

>what's the point of mayuri leaving?
To told 2010 Mayuri to slap the shit out of Okabe.

I felt the same

Mayuri didn't slap or encourage Okabe when 0 started. She tried to protect him from going back again. She goes back to stop herself from encouraging Okabe to give up.

Kagari's future changes based on how much Leskinen knows about time travel. Okabe's actions now influence whether Stratfor or someone else gets it first, changing the worldline slightly. He arranges for Yuki to be sent to Europe I guess so that Kagari can spy on the group in her place, or in other worldlines he doesn't know about any of that and just uses her as a host for Kurisu's memories.

I would have preferred if they just copied and pasted the original's true ending to that cruddy scene in Milky Way Crossing. It's all totally pointless anyway since the world will change when that final D-Mail is sent.

Twin Automata best end.

It's a different story for the most part, so as long as you remember the main events of the anime, you should be good to go. I would still recommend you play through the original VN first, though.

Yeah, but since Okarin did not record the Operation Skuld video yet, what is she going to accomplish alone? I highly doubt her slapping Okabe is enough to motivate him, especially since the Skuld video is one of the necessary elements of the "puzzle" to unlock Steins Gate.

just found this flowchart thingy, it should clear up the confusion a bit

>shaped like a zero
poetry

What's going on with Yuki in the "turn off your phone at the shrine" route? Is it still Kagari after plastic surgery? Or is it the "real" Yuki Amane? But if she is, then who was that woman in motorcycle suit? They kept baiting us into thinking it was Yuki, but in the end, that subplot got ignored.

if I understand this correctly
we get baited into thinking that the assailant was yuki, then we get baited into thinking she wasn't , then turns out that kagari had plastic surgery to look like yuki and that yuki was indeed kagari and the real yuki was away

what a fucking mess

>Amadeus Kurisu baiting Reyes
>Moeka going full dere for Maho
>Faris condo shenanigans including sergeant Nae
>"real" Kurisu talking to Maho about reaching Steins Gate
Yeah, Twin Automata is probably my second favourite route in 0.

The chart in the guidebook pretty much look the same, but I found it bit hilarious that he bothered to make it a zero-shaped.

If Kagari was Yuki then who was Adult Kagari?

So was this a worthy sequel?

I say YES

>then turns out that kagari had plastic surgery to look like yuki and that yuki was indeed kagari and the real yuki was away
I thought it only happens in the Vega&Altair end? Since from Orbital Eclipse onwards we meet the "real" Kagari? Your theory would mean two versions of Kagari exist at the same time - the one with Kuris memories, and the other one who looks like Yuki?

I don't even know anymore.

fuck I'm mixing up my timelines

Pretty sure it was that kagari that was surgeried into yuki who then got surgered back and actually survived.

But then if there's no mayuri who adopts young kagari how does adult kagari exist in the first place what the fuck is going on I don't understand anymore aaaaaaaargh

The "turn off your phone at the shrine" route was Amadeus route, right?
If so, Kagari is still Kagari, and so is Yuki, the woman in motorcycle suit is Judy, people got baited to think it was Yuki.
Plastic surgery Kagari happens in another route.

Let me get this straight
In the X-Day protocol route the enemy pulling the strings is Stratfor, and in Stray Sheep route the enemy is DARPA? I'm talking about whoever Leskinen/Reyes and the goons who tries to shoot you works for

Yep. It's fucking brilliant, really. And they do a good enough job of signposting it that it shouldn't feel too cheap.

If you don't turn off your phone, Stratfor obtains time travel first. Future Leskinen knows this and some details are probably included in her memories when present Leskinen examines them. Plastic surgery into Yuki is performed and Yuki is somehow arranged out of the country. Don't ask why none of her friends know she's an exchange student.

Otherwise she's only used for Kurisu's memories, in the other branch.

>Twin Automata best end
I dunno, I love Maho, but I found her route quite underwhelming.

While were talking about confusing Kagari shit
>Kagari learns song from Mayuri
>Mayuri learns it from Suzuha
>Suzuha learns it from Yuki
>Yuki learns it from Mama Okabe
>Mama Okabe learns it from Okabe
>Okabe is implied to learn it from Kagari
Wouldn't that create a paradox?

Yeah. You've got Russia, CERN, DARPA, and Stratfor all fighting over time travel.
This part I actually liked a lot, all the competing factions, backstabbings, and convenient alliances.

I personally enjoyed the Altair&Vega / Milky Way route a lot more than The Promised Rinascimento/Mother Goose/Automata route.

While the latter might have a lot more going on plot-wise, I personally got lot along the way since they kept changing the world line like every 2 hours without bothering to explain if Okabe came back to the former line or did he just come to a completely new one. I literally had to take notes what world line are we currently in, and even then it got confusing as fuck. Not only that, I honestly couldn't force myself to care about Kagari all that much and found her rather annoying with her constant "oh no mommy I'm going to cry" attitude.

The Vega/Milky route knew what it's all about and presented it in a lot more coherent way, without having to jump world lines every fucking scene. Maho going full dere for Okabe was a nice addition too.

I'm not entirely sure if I'd call it better but it's sure as hell a worthy successor.

>tfw Okabe goes "I know who you are" to FB and manages to get him on his side
>tfw FB becomes ridiculously helpful
It's probably my favorite scene in the whole game
Something about managing to recruit the penultimate boss of S;G for all intents and purposes just makes this amazing to me

It fits with Zero Okabe so well, too. He's past the point of giving a fuck and places effectively no value on his own life. He's just playing every card in his hand to try to get SOMETHING going his way for once.

Playing through the game really makes me realize how dated the portraits from the original game look and how much the artist evolved
It was really obvious whenever they switch between Kurisu and Amadeus or Kagari in a short amount of time but there were a few scenes with Mayuri that were jarring too
Also even in 0 he can't manage to draw Okabe consistently

>I personally enjoyed the Altair&Vega / Milky Way route a lot more
Mah nigga
>I honestly couldn't force myself to care about Kagari
I dunno, I thought she was better handled in Rinascimento than in Altair.

>all this spoiler talk
Oh shit. I should probably get out of the thread.
Am I better off waiting for an official PC release, sailing the seven seas while using the current translation patch, or waiting for the people linked to finish and then sail the seven seas? Buying a PS Vita or whatever for a single not-game is not an option.

>>Okabe is implied to learn it from Kagari
I don't think that was implied, was it? He first sang it before ever meeting Kagari. I took it as a red herring. Was kind of annoying.

It might've dragged on with the Faris scenes but I appreciated some more Moeka screentime either way. The climax was my favorite.
I just wish Reyes died. You were so good at killing Mayuri, why'd you fuck this up Moeka?

PC patch has the entire official script. some CGs and videos aren't but who gives a fuck

I'm not a massive fan of the art style in 0 but I really wish that he'd drawn a new S;G era Kurisu for constancy's sake. I mean, they were aware enough to use the base Amadeus sprite as US lab Kurisu for Maho's flashback early on.
Apparently the PC patch is pretty playable. It's also out on PS4, if you have one.

>but there were a few scenes with Mayuri that were jarring too
Same, but weirdly enough I thought Faris' old sprite fits quite well.

Lots of the art is pretty good, some things stand out badly though like this

>I don't think that was implied, was it?
During the part where Kagari escapes and shes at the bus stop in the rain a boy who I think is implied to be young Okabe around the time Mayuris grandma dies sits down next to her. They talk and then she starts singing.

I mean, the Kagari plot twist in Altair unironically made me stop reading and just stare at the screen for like a minute trying to process what the fuck just happened here. The entire subplot about overriding her memories in Rinascimento was cool and all, but I feel like they could've skipped half scenes with her fainting/crying/running away, and nothing of value would be lost.

>He sang it before ever meeting Kagari
There's this one Kagari flashback that plays out pretty much like the movie - boy who looks/sounds like Okarin meets her at a bus stop asking her if she's lost. She then sings that song to herself before running away from the professor.

oh fuck it totally went over my head that was him

Punished Okabe had a lot of good reaction faces

Meant to quote as well.

Nah, I love the Faris scenes and so is the box scene, I just thought the whole Mozart/Salieri deal wasn't handled well.

>had a bet with a friend that the VN wasn't going to be translated before the anime came out
>was so sure that I was going to win because the original S;G took fucking years
>this happens
>anime absolutely nowhere in sight

On an unrelated note, why is it that SciADV stuff is so mediocre unless it has to do with Steins;Gate?

>they could've skipped half scenes with her fainting/crying/running away
I guess so, but at least Rinascimento got me invested in her. Not so much in Altair.
Altair is pretty much a bad end for Kagari, now I think of it.

You're going to piss a lot of people off with that but I kind of agree. I think it's the focus on the rigid rules of the setting and the fact that the core cast is so well fleshed out.

So this is all an elaborate setup for a sequel, right? Because a lot of what happens in Zero doesn't just go away because Kurisu is alive, SERN is out of the loop and her paper isn't in Russian hands.

>why is it that SciADV stuff is so mediocre unless it has to do with Steins;Gate?
Chaos;Child is pretty good from what I heard.

Since we are talking about confusing shit - what about the 3000 time leaps deal?

Time leaps don't change the world line, right? So how did he manage to go back 2 weeks at a time if he was in the coma for 11 years? Did he wake up from the coma and crawled back to Daru every time? What about the times when he went back to the time without time leap machine already completed? Since the pre-2025 time leap machine can only go back 48 hours at a time, if he had to explain everything to Daru/Maho and have them build PhoneWave each time, it must've taken them at least a day or two, right? So how did he ever manage to actually return to 2011?

Didnt the paper get destroyed because of some metal upa bullshit?

>So this is all an elaborate setup for a sequel, right?
Why yes, get ready for Steins;Gate 2, that takes place in Delta worldline, coming in 2020.

>completed every route besides true end
>read this thread since I too had some doubts concerning the plot
>mfw for every answer I find, another 2 questions appear

This shit is way more confusing than the original S;G VN.

It got destroyed by the lack of one. With a metal upa in the envelope, it was picked up on airport security scanners and he had to take it as carry-on. With a plastic one, the envelope containing the paper is in the cargo hold of the plane during a fire.
You did play S;G, right?
The original was relatively straight forward because the core story was Okabe, Kurisu and Mayuri. Here the core story is very much the time travel and worldline switching itself.

Please no.

True end is literally just Okabe filming the D-mail video, it answers nothing

it's better to just not think about it
someone will eventually develop time travel again, and the world will go to hell
but hopefully kurisu is dead of old age by then

Wasn't anime adaptation confirmed already?

Come to think of it, isn't Kimijima's AI basically a corrupted Amadeus?

It actually is good writing.

Okabe had PTSD and gave up.

Then, Okabe thought he understood the consequences of his actions. He committed the fallacy lots of us do, in thinking we can understand something fully without experiencing it.

Then he ended up actually experiencing the result of his inaction, first hand.

It didn't happen immediately, but eventually the fact that his inaction led to even more death he decided to take some personal responsibility and actually do something rather than say "it can't be helped."

If you recall at the start of the game, Mayrui stops Suzuha from forcing Okabe to try anymore and begins to coddle him.

She does, but one of 0's themes is "we need to experience many different pasts and futures to unlock the door to Steins Gate", and I'm pretty sure Okabe sending the D-mail from 2025 back to the past is one of the "keys" needed to unlock SG. I'm not sure if just Mayuri slapping Okabe is enough to make him go back there once more.

Okabe can memorize the machine and build it in under 48 hours.

Also, he explicitly states he almost died crawling back multiple times.

Actually that resolves everything in S;G. If you recall, it was about time travel. In the alpha world line, them actually doing it triggers SERN's watching program. In the beta worldline, her fathers paper triggers it. In the S;G world line, nothing triggers it because those are all gone. Robotics;Notes takes place after and you can see in that what happens to the world. SERN is still doing crazy shit, but not with time machines.

It's also that he resigns himself to being a passive observer, a 'victim of fate' as he puts it at one point. You can even see it in the moment where he ends up back with Kurisu for a little bit. He immediately looks for reasons that it's not his problem and he can enjoy having Kurisu there without guilt. He only leaps back because Kurisu resolved to make the decision for him, again absolving him of responsibility. Okabe just can't take that weight in Zero.

While you are right, you have to realize Mayuri was one of the required independent events. All those world lines converge to cause it to happen, and Mayuri talking to herself was part of it.

I think the most important part in 0 was when he didn't die in 2025. That was the most important seed to him believing he could trick the world and the final push he needed to save everyone.

The moment that convergence made him stab Kurisu is the moment that robbed him of any sense of agency or power. That he was able to essentially cheat his own death was not only proof-of-concept for what he ended up needing to do and that the rules of the universe could be bent and worked around, but was the moment of re-empowerment that he then needed to communicate to himself circa 2010.

How did they forget to give the game a satisfying ending?

Yes, that's right.
Took you long enough to realize.

>On an unrelated note, why is it that SciADV stuff is so mediocre unless it has to do with Steins;Gate?
Because you donĀ“t know japanese

So, did he stole Kurisu's Amadeus project and modify it or make up his own version?

Amadeus is just a research project. It's not exactly unbelievable that it might have found some kind of application a few years in the future.

>Kurisu's Amadeus project
It's a project with Professor Leskinen at the top researched by the Victor Chondria University. Calling it "Kurisu's project" is a little wrong. Kijima was affiliated with the 300, they must have given him access to the research.

I do hope we get a sequel dealing with some of the ramifications that Zero has for the S;G worldline.

>mfw Kurisu almost let another worldline into destruction again
Goddammit Kurisu, getting tired of your shit already.

She's too unbelievably brilliant for her own good. And it somehow always ends up being Suzuha's problem and job to clean up.