Because of all the hype I finally started watching Code Geass

Because of all the hype I finally started watching Code Geass.

I just finished season 1, but it seems there is a side story of sorts called Akito the Exiled that takes place between season 1 and season 2, but it is about different people and has a different setting.

My question is, is it necessary to watch Akito in order to understand the events of season 2, or is it just a side story with no impact on the main story?

The order doesn't matter at all.

No since Akito came out long after R2 aired

>is it necessary to watch Akito in order to understand the events of season 2
No. In fact, it will spoil quite a bit of S2, being made long after S2.

Thanks for replying. I'll continue watching season 2 then.

Is Akito any good? Didn't watch it 'cause CGi mechs

it's good.

>CGi mechs
the series already had those.

Dunno, I never watched past the firs OVA

The CGI mechs are the only good parts desu. The action is really good and arguably better than the TV series. The story and characters are snoozeworthy.

The CGI mechs are really good. I don't get all the hate.

the CGI mechs were great

Not like i could there

Whoops, wrong one

could tell there*
Sorry, i'm drunk and sleepy

bluesteelgivingyouthelook.png

The Alexanders are so ugly though.
I really dont like the Knightmares in the OVAs
They just look way too foreign, which is probably the point since they're in the EU. But the golden centaur knightmare and the red double barrel machine gun one just looks so out of place when compared to the others in the series.

All of them were just heavily customized gloucester models to be fair.

I think Code Geass didn't go full retard with custom models because of the emphasis on the MC's knightmares.

Started watching it aswell. Just got here.
Holy shit dude. This is beyond heavy. What the fuck.

>My question is, is it necessary to watch Akito in order to understand the events of season 2
No need to waste your time for the whole thing. Just watch Lelouch and Suzaku's scenes.

Most of my gifs/clips break the filesize limit, but yeah, CG enabled lots of crazy fights. I still like the look of 2D animation if they can afford it, but it's not the worst trade.

I miss S1, when the weirdest design we had was the Guren, and the Lancelot and Gawain looked great. R2 added a bunch of special units that were mostly fugly, and the aesthetic's been under that influence ever since.

I never bothered with it, just went to youtube for Lelouch parts.

No is not, but it is really a nice mini-series and you get just a little bit of gasp of Lelouch fate after S1 and before S2.

Watch it is worth of it.