Why is Mob Psycho 100 so underappreciated in comparison to One Punch Man?

Why is Mob Psycho 100 so underappreciated in comparison to One Punch Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RFqsb_mk2v8
youtube.com/watch?v=xjG_bbyNe9E
youtube.com/watch?v=7gH3UCaqlbs
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtube.com/watch?v=PPTdI0GKA94
youtube.com/watch?v=69f2_7P71VA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Murata

less memes

Mob is cute!

As someone who was a latecomer to both and started with OPM, I must say that OPM is easier to jump into the middle of.

The plot is simpler, the fights tend to be flashier, and the gags are more standalone and not in-jokey.

Mob's story is clearly better, but it's not conspicuously so from a glance at a random chapter.

Also, Mob is fujoshit bait while there are a couple legit waifus in OPM thanks to Murata.

Tbh MP100 has a better opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=RFqsb_mk2v8

OPM is easier for normies and plebs to jump right in, as it's pretty much a parody of the old super-hero shenanigans.

MP100 on the other hand not only may first come across as a mere knockoff of OPM, but also has much more relateable / realistic commentary of people's diversity, crowd mentality, peer pressure, and various insecurities about yourself. It may hit a bit too close to some, especially if you're just looking for simple, easy to digest fun to watch.

>English cover

Notice most normies only got into OPM from the Murata version or the anime. They basically don't care about what it's suppose to be about only that Saitama is strong and acts funny. It's apparent as fuck when you see people saying "I wanna see so and so fight" and actually complaining about Genos jobbing (even though that's the whole point of his character).

With Mob Psycho there isn't a normie friendly version. You have to deal with ONEs art (which has actually gotten much better) as well as a more complex and slow burning coming of age story. There aren't as many "cool" characters and it isn't all about who fights who

The true mark of good taste is knowing

MP100 > ONE OPM >> Murata OPM

I don't feel like Murata's version strays away from the message from One's version. It's just the version that bandwagoning retards go too so it's the one that you always see people misinterpreted.

MURATA OPM > shit > 8 years old sketches > ONE's manga

You wouldn't even heard of Mob shitco if not for Murata faggot.

It's not that it strays necessarily, it's that the filler fights kind of miss the point. Yeah OPM always had lots of fights, but they were never the point. Fights with the other heroes were more functional, as in they were because they were necessary to move the story along. Murata seems to be adding in more of them simply because he loves drawing cool shit, which I appreciate because he's an amazing artist, but is getting tiring. I didn't read it for the fights

>You wouldn't even heard of Mob shitco if not for Murata faggot.
WTF are you even talking about? I got into Mob when I started reading ONE's OPM and saw he had done other stuff. This was way before Murata OPM even started

You have shit taste. Deal with it

I feel you. I just want to see him draw King vs Homeless Emperor too.

Nice lie faggot. Unless you can read moonrune there's no way you read the webcomic first.

I think you messed up your list buddy, but don't worry, I fixed it

Makai no Ossan >>>>>>>>> ONE OPM >> Murata OPM

>he can't read moon
Normies out.

I feel like I would like both more if I knew where their animes stopped at

I don't know how it goes in Japan, but what determines if something will succeed in America is 1. how interesting and easily explainable the premise is 2. how much is resembles western media and cliches. This is why SnK was huge here.

I really enjoy both and don't really care about the stupid casuals who latch on to whats trending.

Do i win?

Because the walmart version of OPM has less quality than the real OPM by Murata

Did mob psycho sell well?

Another reason can be that Mob Psycho 100 keeps One's style, and that makes it very hard to get in. That's why the manga is not as popular as it should be, the style alienates heavily a lot of newcomers, while Murata's god-tier style catches your eye instantly.

youtube.com/watch?v=xjG_bbyNe9E

best ost

Come on, m8. It doesn't matter how godlike One becomes in his writing, his art is ABSOLUTE trash. Inoue shits on his work with his throwaway panels. One's OPM is inferior to Murata's because, though the forementioned is more pure, One truly, at the moment, lacks an essential aesthetical sensibility. It's been more than 20 years since Watchmen and Kingdom Come, and Berserk, Jojo, and Vagabond have been published for decades. That shit is not acceptable any-fucking-more. One can stick his G-Pen up his ass and go read Scott McCloud's books.

The OPM OST is pretty good too
youtube.com/watch?v=7gH3UCaqlbs

Nope

Re:Zero was airing.

because its not as good

Why do people like Re:Zero anyway?
Sounds like a 2deep4u generic plot

DIMPLE IS GOING TO WIN THE MOBOWL

HONEST HEARTS ALL THE WAY, BEING GAY FOR HIM

Cuz story is average at best.

It sort of is but you can ignore it's message and have fun watching him get murdered.

>Using the word normie
>Patronizing and elitist rant
Does convincing yourself that you are special make you feel better about your body weight and lack of social skills?

both are garbage

Is there any hope for a season 2?

Idk, most of my friends didn't even bother to watch the first episode, even though they ate OPM little it was the best anime in the world.

Better than average but nothing groundbreaking. Average is 6.7k at the moment.

>lacks an essential aesthetical sensibility
On the contrary. Despite being clunky as fuck, he has his own unique aesthetic which is instantly recognisable. Like or hate it, most artist lights years better than him in a technical sense can barley distinguish themselves from each other. You could almost compare ONE's art to a more alternative manga artists like Tsuge Yoshiharu. I guess it just gets confusing because he makes mainstream battle manga.

>One can stick his G-Pen up his ass and go read Scott McCloud's books.
Why would he? His panel layouts are completely fine and Murata rarely changes them in the redraw. He knows how to make comics, he'd be better off just refining his technical skills to appease more people. I think it's also important to note that while he's still no where near Murata's level, he has been making big improvements in the latests chapters of Mob.

Though true that One has improved a lot in Mob, and he has an eye for kinematics of a panel layout, visually he is still cancer. I love his humour (Though not very refined), I love his scripts, and his characters and themes, but he draws ugly. Yes, not all must beautiful. Not all characters must be copies of Adonis, but he draws ugly, and when I mean ulgy, I mean unpolished. Even Joan Cornella draws more appealing, even though his drawings are shady as hell. Look at the "Boys Club" webcomic, where Pepe comes from: A lot of it's art is very surrealist, yet is still well drawn. THAT'S what I meant with an aesthetic sensibility: To draw good (Which, in fair point, is a very broad concept.) Also, about his style: Look at Inoue's, Yukimura's, Araki's, Miura's, Hiramoto's styles. One (An individual, not "One") must be blind to confuse their style. Developing style is about that sensibility, and while generic styles are more marketable (Reason why Cartoon Network is filled with the CalArts thin line style) a true artist brands his work with an unique aesthetic. This may be pushing the argument too far, but look at DeGoya: His shit is terrifying, but is very well done. Or Bosch. Doesn't matter how good One understands the kinematics of Manga, which he does and is very good at, plenty also do and do it better (We3 and Watchmen are master thesis on Kinematics of Comics). His style has charisma, but his linework has no excuse. That's why I mentioned McCloud.

>Tldr
One is great, yes, but as a penciler he is as dry as a piece of coal.

MC too typical.

That's objectively wrong though.

>objectively wrong
>opinions
Yeah, right.
Whiny kind middle schooler with a dark side.
Hard to go more generic than that.

>Whiny
Objectively wrong.
>Kind
God forbid the mc to be likable.
>Dark side
That is so broad, you can sum up every protagonist in manga history with that sentence. Try harder faggot.

>replying to bait

>>Tbh MP100 has a better opening.
>>Haha I aagree, let's watch it again
>>English cover

Because it has terrible characters like ping ping midget and conman. Compare them to Saitama and best bro Genos and mob being left in the dark makes sense.

>One is great, yes, but as a penciler he is as dry as a piece of coal.
Thats a completely fair critique. Saying stuff like 'his art is complete cancer' just comes off a bit knee-jerk. The only thing i disagree with you on is that We3 is a master thesis on the kinematics of comics.

>dissing ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH
both have amazing openings, don't make it a contest, faggot

I liked OPM despite having one joke because it was unique. Mob Psycho just felt generic with standard gloomy kid lacking self confidence theme. Meh I will watch Eva instead.

The melody of opm's op is pretty shitty though.

oh boy here comes the contrarian dumbasses who want to feel superior because they think if something is popular and well done it has to be bad
you are no better than the people you criticize

Serious question. Is Reigen based on Patrick Jane from The Mentalist?

This.

>Why do people like Re:Zero anyway?
it's suspenseful and has some charismatic characters, not all, but some.
But then again
>Sounds like a 2deep4u generic plot
and you sound like a raging retard

>charismatic characters
I hope you're not talking about faggot MC.

>Mob Psycho just felt generic
I don't want to be that guy but you didn't get it then.
Mob is all about self-improvement even though the character was born with a huge gift and while everyone wants to go the easy route, Mob doesn't.

I like both but I prefer Mob Psycho, The characters are overall more interesting and OPM can get a little boring at times.

While the constant 99% and leak emotion to go crazy is pretty boring as well, The fighting is way more intense in MB 100 which is more enjoyable.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Rem is the most beloved character of the year easily.
Ram is a sassy bitch
Puck is lovely
Emilia is interesting during the first arc, before becoming a background character
Betelgeuse is hilarious
Felis is best trap of the year
Beatrice is my personal favorite loli of this year
Toyota is very hit or miss, I admit.

I liked the Garou fight though
it's both silly and awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=PPTdI0GKA94
youtube.com/watch?v=69f2_7P71VA
>mfw Saitama defeats Garou by uttering "It's a hobby" and not by punching him

I think Mob can be better for the fact that ONE can add a little bit of genuine drama alongside the gags.

Mob is allowed to be emotionally vulnerable, and we get different moods through the story.

OPM is pretty great and also has emotional moments, like Mumen Rider against Sea King, but the story is more for laughs and HYPE. While Mob has laughs, HYPE and "he's so innocent and just wants to be happy, man ;_;"

His technique is weak but his art is easy to warm up to imo. Plus his paneling, pacing and overall composition are pretty legit if you ask me.

It's practically the same story though.

Makai no Ossan should have properly resolved the other threads, but I guess if only one of them was going to get a satisfying conclusion I'm glad it was the manga club.

Art isn't just about anatomy and looking nice. ONE's visual storytelling and atmosphere are fucking great, even if his drawings are messy.

>normie

Dunno. He looks a lot like that guy from Ocean's Eleven though.

Is there ever going to be a decent rip of California Crisis? I get sad every time i see a low res image.

It's the opposite.
>Saitama got power by working hard
>Mob is strong by birth

>Saitama has a strong body
>Mob has a weak body and psychic power

>Saitama is motivated by his desire to be a superhero
>Mob wants to be a normal kid

>Violence is the only thing that makes Saitama feel alive
>Mob avoids it as much as he can

>Saitama feels mild scorn at most for his enemies
>Mob tries to help them as they bounce skyscrapers off his skull

>Saitama is miserable because he can't feel anything
>Mob is miserable because he feels way too much

>Saitama gives no shits at all what anybody thinks
>Mob's dream is to be popular

OPM is prettier.

>tfw Reigen was a combination of the mentalist and Onizuka all along
He truly is perfection.

This is best thing ONE dose. he'll set a this huge fight and then have another character completely obliterate the villain by simply disagreeing with them.

>Saitama got power by working hard
Arguably he wouldn't be able to shake off the Limiter without at least some predisposition.

Both are ebin "subversion" shit that later plays the things that are subverting straight.

Kill yourselves.

Arguably, yeah, but he still got there via pushing his body through an insanely stupid and difficult exercise regimen day after day after day.

>difficult exercise regimen
It's not even all that hard user.
I mean for us it is, but generic olympic athlete could probably pull of this much.

For real though, man, go and read them. They're pretty fun.

The amounts he did weren't particularly hard, it was how he did them - Olympic athlete level right from day 1 as an office worker, no rest days.

>it was how he did them
I wonder how many weebs wrecked their health trying to do the same?

One decently in shape (not fat, not fit) guy on the OPM subreddit (yes, yes, I know, I'm scum, kill me now) did 100 squats in one set, as an experiment. He couldn't walk the next day.

>Watchmen and Kingdom Come, and Berserk, Jojo, and Vagabond
How does Araki always get lumped in with these dudes that draw nothing like him?

I guess it's because he draws well, even though his "drawing well" is most men's "absolutely sauced and wedged into a corner at a really weird gay bar".

How long until new Mob, fellows?

I couldn't walk for a week because I hurt my leg trying to run 3 km a day for two weeks

Yeah, knees are weak spot.
I have a supplement that prevent muscle and ligaments tearing.
But this training regime is straight outta fantasy.
Humans IRL don't have any hidden pool of reserves.
Once your stock runs out - you need to wait for it to replenish and tissue to regenerate.
Pushing over the limit without the rest will leave you permanently damaged, your performance - decreased.
This stands both for body and mind.

not my knees, I got decent knees. But my calf was obliterated.
It was recent so it still hurts a little bit. I just wanted to lose weight and I heard cardio was good for that

Next Friday.

You'd be better off walking at decent pace for 1-2 hours every day and sticking to strict diet.
For losing weight you're better off with moderate cardio load for prolonged period of time than short bursts.
I lost some ~25 pounds within a month but there was also a bike and a kickboard and it was summer.
>It's a hobby
Gets me every time
>Humanity will unite against me and survive
Picrelated

I guess this is why Saitama broke the limiter and nobody else did. All the other characters exercised like fucking well-balanced human beings and he just picked a big number and made himself do it.

I felt so sorry for Garou. He straight up bares his soul, spills the beans all over that shit, and the other guy's high and mighty motivation is "im bored lol"

Gonna save your advice user
Have a cute Tome as a thanks

Well if you take monks they kind of focus on a "software" while still keeping the hardware "top notch".
The correct way to raise human potential without genetic modifications is to obtain better control over body with a mind.
The ideal would be genetic modifications + control over the body.
Well Saitama was a bit shaken for a moment.
And it's not like he doesn't suffer over the lack of challenge.
Garou should go into exile on Mars and train his fucking dedication until he can face Saitama on even odds.

I know, Saitama isn't all that shallow, but "I DON'T FUCKING KNOW, DUMBASS, IT'S A HOBBY" is really not what you want to hear in that kind of situation

she's staring into my soul user

>It's a hobby
Well it is kind of Zen user.
At this point it looks shallow and profound at the same time.
This is the point in a lot of Buddha and Christ proverbs.
>staring into your soul
Impossible.
The look on her face is not disgusted enough.

She can also hear your awful sins

... Huh, I didn't see that side of it. Thanks for enlightening me.

OPM fights are more hype

>he just picked a big number and made himself do it.
This is what i used to do. Too bad my retardation didn't pay off nearly as well as Saitama's.