Can anyone share their advanced SVP config for Chinese cartoons??

Can anyone share their advanced SVP config for Chinese cartoons??

Just got it and mi trying to experiment but im getting pic related at the interpolation with these settingsCan anyone share their advanced SVP config for Chinese cartoons??

Just got it and mi trying to experiment but im getting pic related at the interpolation with these settings

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WCM69omIEpQ
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4kt30r/why_are_60_fps_anime_especially_bad/
youtube.com/watch?v=qlJPhLhK9vY
youtube.com/watch?v=jUy7OCnhD94
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>svp
Eat shit and die

What's wrong with SVP?

It's fucking cancer

What?

>using mpc

It introduces lots of interpolation artifacts and generaly makes things look like ass.

Don't fall for the 60 fps meme, it's not really worth it.

Depends on the show.
Like Nichijou is unwatchable with it for example, probably the most extreme example of it fucking up I've come across.

youtu.be/WCM69omIEpQ

It fucks up almost all anime just look how the outline in Megumin's hat wobbles all over the place as it was made out of jelly and the bandages on her leg keep blinking in and out of existence

still waiting for a battlestation powerful enough to do waifu2x and 60fps at once

it's retarded and used by people who don't actually understand animation

so whats the Sup Forums standard then?

What if I don't see anything wrong with that video and wouldn't mind watching other anime this way?

mpc-hc + madvr + reClock

Then youare eiter blind, retarded, or just baiting

inst.. that exactly what SVP uses...??

besides the leg bandages that are barely noticeable, i honestly think most of the animation was improved by the interpolation, dont you think you are being a little to extreme?

Don't use that shit

>inst.. that exactly what SVP uses...??
What?

The bandages are so obvious that a legally blind people would notice, and the outline wobble is so common in SVP interpolated anime that you start to notice it everywhere.

Also, any show that uses is animated on twos and uses blended frames or montion blur to hide it becomes completely unwatchable when interpolated

Not OP, but nobody has actually provided an alternative to SVP or stated any logical arguments for why it's bad except for
and that barely counts.

what do you use?

There is no alternative to SVP because montion interpolation sucks ass, if you want to get rid of judder and jerky pans the best option is

madVR's smooth motion and reClock, it gets rid of the judder and doesn't inteoduce interpolation artifacts

Problems solved. Thank you senpai

>logical arguments for why it's bad
most chinese cartoons are animated at 8 pictures per second. trying to turn that into 60fps means 86% of the frames you're seeing were pulled out of your ass.

so you are just using Kawaii Codec Pack?

Dunno, I used the standard Sup Forums MPC setup before they packaged it on a single installer for the technologically impaired.

Also, last time I heard, KCP hadn't been updated in ages

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4kt30r/why_are_60_fps_anime_especially_bad/

Yeah I know it's >reddit but it sums pretty well why motion interpolation sucks balls for animation and specially for anime

so when is 1440p/4k becoming the streaming standard?

When murricans get half-decent internet infrastructure

So basically never

For anime, when Japan starts relying on streaming more.

Never, because japs are struggling to produce anime even at 720p

dude all the comments of that link praise SVP

>fanbois vote brigading on leddit make it good

youtube.com/watch?v=qlJPhLhK9vY
The majority of the fast moving action sequences look blurry as fuck in 60 fps because that's what bad interpolation does. It's almost as bad as watching a Michael Bay's Transformers fight where you eyes can't track shit.
There's no point in sacrificing visibility.

Few studios have a 1080p workflow and you want 4k? Why?

B-but it looks so smooooth

I like watching the occasional well-done 60fps video, it can look nice. Watching it all in 60fps is a no-go for me though.

Also this dude's vids are aesthetic af:
youtube.com/watch?v=jUy7OCnhD94

copy pasting from a comment i saw on that link

---
the main difference can be spotted during the panning scenes (right to left, up to down etc...), during the scenes where the "camera" vibrates like when there are explosions, during zoom-ins and zoom-outs.
---

some "animes" like kil la kill benefit that abuse these digital movements, benefit a lot by interpolation, im testing it right now and i looks gorgeous

>Doesn't use VLC
>Fell for the memes and redd/a/t

that was pretty good, i believe you are right watching everything at 60fps its raising the bar to high and making it harder to lower the standards afterwards, even current interpolation techniques are an illusion

vlc is shit, and they just keep asking money

Holy shit is that bad