Mari is the best girl

Mari is the best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4904.html
en.rocketnews24.com/2016/12/03/evangelion-creator-hideaki-annos-production-company-is-suing-gainax-the-studio-he-co-founded/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go to bed, Anno, you're drunk.

She is.

Shittiest girl of shittiest anime of all time.

Mari is dogshit.

She's ok I guess, but shes no Asuka

>Asuka
>Mari

Where the fuck is my Rebuild 4.0?

Also, am I the only one who is hoping that 3.0 + 1 was just a dream that Shinji will wake up from and 4.0 will carry on where 2.0 left off? They changed the world and plot so much in 3.0 that it no longer resembles Eva.

Mari is worst girl.

That's not Misato.

Was Eva a fluke? Has Anno actually done anything good since or before the original series?

I would most certainly give her my "best"

>Where the fuck is my Rebuild 4.0?
sooner than you think

>neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4904.html

She's not canon.

well im no expert but he was part of creating nausica and otaku no video but yeah maybe he isnt that interested in directing anime anymore and to be fair... nge was more than enough.

>Also, am I the only one who is hoping that 3.0 + 1 was just a dream that Shinji will wake up from and 4.0 will carry on where 2.0 left off?
I don't think that's a good way to go.
>They changed the world and plot so much in 3.0 that it no longer resembles Eva.
Unfortunately so. I think Eva should just be a vehicle to tell good; well written characters.
(and not rip Nadia)

Im looking forward to when Asuka/Misato have cathartic (at this point i hope any) conversations with Shinji.
If they hate him or have mixed feelings; I want this conversation to occur.

I just hope it does not end like how the Manga(couple Billion years later, everyone not remembering anything) and Anima (same as Manga but with more filler/open end); hell any prior iteration of Eva. hopefully it will end as it own thing not a Universe/continuation. (so its not tied to eva and is its own continuity)

>was part of creating nausica
He animated some of the Giant Warrior firing it's weapon and melting. I mean, that's a resume builder, but not exactly an indication of whether his work is good or bad.

The thing about Anno is that he does not want to exclude anything from his work. Shin-Godzilla confirmed to me that he needs people to hold him back with his tendencies for excess.

The Budget for NGE held him back; he works best while conserving resources.

But MAINLY,
Anno is at his best with collaborating with other people, he let's them do their jobs.

(opposite of Lucas)

>Anno is at his best with collaborating with other people, he let's them do their jobs.
>(opposite of Lucas)

That sounds more similar to than different from Lucas. A lot of his issues resulted from no one having the balls/position to tell him "no."

I mean, sure, it works in different ways for the two of them, but part of that's cultural.

MARI =

Misato
Asuka
Rei
Ikari (Yui)

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN HIDEAKI ANNO STRIKES AGAIN

I would settle for them just making all of 4.0 a prequel to the events that lead up to the start of the show. I honestly don't care how the world they created in 3.0 ends.

>The world is depressing as fuck.
>All of the main cast are out of character. It's like the bond that Shinji was making with the characters in 2.0 vanished. I hardly recognized Asuka and Misato due to the plot taking things way too seriously.
>Through 1.0 to 2.0 Shinji was progressively improving as a mature main character, but all of that progress was loss in 3.0.

It overall felt like some odd parallel universe. Or fan fiction.

>A lot of his issues resulted from no one having the balls/position to tell him "no."
On the contrary, It's Anno that cant say no.
for example; you can see the influences in 3.0 from the people behind Diebuster(from the environment and the slack writing)
Anything that other people wanted included in Rebuilds he allowed, like the Naruto running

That element was absent in Anno;s original drafts; and were added afterwards by staff involvement.

Here's the picture that I forgot to add.

The greentext in that post was about Lucas. I get that Anno can be a doormat, that's the 'cultural' part.

>The greentext in that post was about Lucas.
your implying that Anno has the same problem as Lucas.
>I get that Anno can be a doormat, that's the 'cultural' part.
Not really, Anno is an aggressive director, case in point him suing Ginax.
Anno is open to outside ideas. Maybe a little too much.

He does what he wants in his films. It appears that he is not really happy with how Rebuild turned out; hell it's reflected with his apparent apathy with making 4.0

Didn't Anno get BTFO when the Kare Kano mangaka got mad at him, so he passed his directing duties over to the FLCL guy.

Also, I just googled that lawsuit. He is only suing Gainax for 800k? He could get that money from a kickstarter over night. There's no need to mess with Gainax, the company that he had a hand in founding. I can't imagine what the anime industry would look like today if Gainax didn't exists.

en.rocketnews24.com/2016/12/03/evangelion-creator-hideaki-annos-production-company-is-suing-gainax-the-studio-he-co-founded/

>I hardly recognized Asuka and Misato due to the plot
that applies for 2.0. I hated that movie, it whats spelled disaster for the Rebuilds.
>Tell me, what do you know of Asuka and Misato from 2.0 alone?
nothing for their character, past, current state of mind, background.

Anno did not like how the series was going in 2.0, so he distanced the plot foo much we got 3.0.

thats not some assumption, Anno said that he wanted to distance the story.

I enjoyed 3.0 definitely more so than 2.0. IT felt more like the latter parts of NGE, while not perfect by a mile, it focused on Shinji and his Anxieties. with him not knowing anything, and his desperation (while ham fisted) were more emotionally engaging than anything from 2.0 (assuming you weren't already emotionally invested from watching NGE (evageeks); giving you the illusion of investment)

>implying
I directly said that both were better when they collaborate with others who do their jobs, whether that involves not shitting up the work with their own ideas or preventing the creator from shitting it up with his ideas.
>not really
CAN

>I directly said that both were better when they collaborate with others who do their jobs
No, you said.
>That sounds more similar to than different from Lucas. A lot of his issues resulted from no one having the balls/position to tell him "no."

>CAN
huh?

Well you're in the minority. When 3.0 came out most people were complaining that they didn't like the direction it was headed in. I honestly don't know how anyone could not like 1.0 and 2.0, it was essentially a direct retelling of events in the TV series but with dramatically better music, animation, less filler, and more action.

>>>CAN
>huh?
Only the Sith deal in absolutes, user.

The last half hour was a major deviation though, what with Third Impact happening and all.

She is a cancerous filler with zero personality.

> I honestly don't know how anyone could not like 1.0 and 2.0
I said nothing of 1.0, however its just a retelling (compressed) of the first 8 or so episodes of NGE. (nothing special from was done before)

2.0 however was utter crap, the story meandered everywhere. the original plot for it was far better than what we eventually received.

2.0 felt like some generic-stupid Anime than NGE. (with plot lines that amounted to nothing; i.e the ocean-conservatory/school-elements, no pay-off for the setup)

Hell, the most important plot element for the whole movie was a fucking cooking scenes, it determined Asuka piloting unit3, causing init 2 to be shelved for some stupid plot-invented reason. Shinji leaving, and Rei dying.

a cooking for a lunch to get the heart of the MC trope.
Compared to 2.0's original draft, its nothing.

>tumblr

kill yourself.

>Originally Mari was going to be introduced by piloting Eva-2 at sea fighting an angel on battleships, Mari/Kaji are both introduced to the cast while Asuka arrives later by plane, both Mari and Asuka pilot Unit-2 with Asuka being its designated pilot , referring to Mari as her "support fire"(later used in 3.0)
>Eventually Mari with a higher sync ratio with Unit-2 than Asuka becomes its main pilot during the 9th angel attack, leaving Asuka devastated not piloting Eva (NGE style) Asuka then jumps at the chance to pilot unit-3.(o_o)
>Mari talks with all the pilots, goes to the school, Convinces Shinji (face to face) to pilot Unit-1 during the 10th angel attack at the watermelon field; kissing him...

>The script was later remade (again) to what we have now.

The biggest misstep for 2.0 was the inclusion of Mari.
Anno was approched with the idea of creating a new character by two animators, so he let them develop her backstory/personality/ect.

but instead of creating new material for mari, the two people involved just used elements from the other characters in Eva.
Misato with her Child-plug-pod scene at the bigging of the film.
Kaji's spying element.
Rei's injures form 1.0 and other stuff
Asuka's piloting unit2.
Kaworu, impact on shinji.

these elements were later dropped from the story. Unfortunately these traits did not go back to their respective characters.

its why the characterization in 2.0 is as dry as it is.

I meant to post this pic

She's great fap fuel for sure

>I honestly don't know how anyone could not like 1.0 and 2.0, it was essentially a direct retelling of events in the TV series but with dramatically better music, animation, less filler, and more action.
Nothing in 2.0 comes close to the original Leliel and Bardiel fights. The monstruous and impactful things that made Eva-01 meaningful got replaced by hovering around with pretty lights and a giant waifu. They even pussied out in the Bardiel fight and put a blindfold on Shinji--in the end Shinji's indecission in the fight meant nothing because Asuka ended up alright. And that's another thing, Asuka: they made a show with an already small cast of character even smaller taking Tohji out of the picture. Shinji hurting his friends didn't come up again until 3.0 too. His regressions were completely cut out and afaik the message delivered during the train ride on the dirac sea was cut out too. And in favor of what? A new character which means nothing, the kids going to an amusement park, cooking fights, children's songs?

If you think 2.0 was fine, let alone good, you don't actually like Evangelion. Everything bad about 3.0 was due to 2.0. Wanna know why Anno rebooted everything? It's because Eva isn't about staying in your confort zone with your waifu and your toys to the detriment of your life.

Did they actually consider having Mari bandaged up when they had done the exact same thing with Rei in the previous movie? That is so retarded.

best what

The only part of 2.0 I didn't like was how the whole deal with the Rei clone dying went down and Shinji's eyes being covered. But it didn't make me despise the reboots

I don't despise 2.0, but most everything that was cut out from the story was for the worse and what was new of it didn't add anything. I'm disappointed more than anything, Rebuild had the potential to be a refined retelling of one of the best anime there are, but that was wasted on fixing what wasn't broken then unmaking those changes. It's become a waste of time and ink.

But ultimately Anno himsely is the one to blame. It's his indecisiveness on where he wanted to go with Rebuild that made it what it is. Remember how the whole movie series was originally planned to be finished by 2008? I mean, it's one thing to run into problems in production, but 10 years between one end of a series and the other is ridiculous.