Mfw nobody says GAR anymore

>mfw nobody says GAR anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhYcQBAUyEk
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-04/psst-sony-has-a-hit-that-s-as-big-as-pokemon-go-in-japan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2006 called, they want their meme back

1990's called they want their current year called joke back.

not even /m/ use it anymore

it just that cringe

>implying

posting in a epic thread, lulz ftw

People who weren't around for it are scared of it, because it reminds them that they're new.

ITT: Dump old memes

Why are you posting some red guy instead of GARuto?

Check the archives, people still use it all the time.

Because the internet ruined the joke to the ground

Don't make this thread any more shitty.

Remember when Kino killed SaiGAR?

It was already shit when OP made it

>mfw when people rarely even >mfw anymore
>mfw there are no more "I had such high hopes for x, but it just gets worse and worse with each episode" threads despite being awful
>mfw I have no face

fag

Japan called, they want their 90s economy back.

I haven't been to /m/ in years. Is it full toki shit now?

Farewell, Grand Army of the Republic.

>cringe
reddit called, they want their word back.

>reddit
Sup Forums called, they want you back.

Lately there have been nothing deserving to be called GAR

Everyone realized that Nasu is a hack and the Fate franchise is hot garbage.

>GAR

UBW and FGO killed Fate threads

Gurren Lagann is GAR

Of course. Normalfags invaded the internet so we have to act like respectable adults.

Why did we ever think that was somehow funny or awesome? I was totally on board with it back then, now it's just an embarrassing memory.

>"mfw" ever existing in the first place

It was FGO really. The people actually interested in discussion gave up when people wouldn't shut up about the shitty mobile game with cancer OC donut steel servants and how much they wanted to bang them.

I remember Kinomod made a sticky for a Kino no Tabi announcement, hyping it to be for a second season but it turned out it was just an announcement for a new LN series by the author about something retarded or something.

Also how that one image was right about there being a new Rozen Maiden anime and a new Mushishi anime but was completely wrong about there being a new Kino's Journey anime.

this

Might as well bring it back, it's not any more retarded than THICC

Pic related by the way. I'm still mad, even if it got 2/3 right.

>Everyone grew up except for you

I use it when referring to angry lolis. Does it count?

We need to go back it was infinitely better

youtube.com/watch?v=rhYcQBAUyEk

THICCCCCCCCCCCC

FGO is the WoW to FSN's Warcraft.

No.

Yeah FGO has killed any ability to talk about Fate. I'd kind of been looking forward to seeing people react to the Heaven's Feel movies, but not anymore.

>Yeah FGO has killed any ability to talk about Fate.
That was Extra and Apocrypha

i lost THAT one

Nope just F/GO.

The one that ruined talking about Fate was the Prisma Illya anime

I don't see how it was GO's doing, most Fate threads get derailed by the Rin/Luvia meme shitposting

No. Because no one cares about prisma shitposters. They're not even typemoon fags

Right

It was the hype word for young action anime fans but cringe as hell for everyone else.

Why would anyone in their right mind even use it in the first place?

2006 was a different time

This 100%. FGO is the biggest disgrace to the franchise.

Apocrypha is worse

A better time.

But any time the internet was free of government interference, corporate control, and sjw scum is always a better time.

Apocryphafags are basically non-existent however, FGO retards obcessed with their shitty phone game are everywhere shitting up discussion with their shitty servants because they need to justify to themselves having spent to much time and money on a game made to attract retards with a gambling tendency.

Maybe because whether you like it or not the Servants are canon to the Fate universe? Sounds like you just don't like people liking what you don't.

Yes, i do have a problem with people liking mass-produced garbage made to sell to stupid people. And so should you. If you don't, then you're just part of the problem.

>Yes, i do have a problem with people liking mass-produced garbage made to sell to stupid people
Like anime?

ur mom called, she wants her big black dildo back

I couldn't resist. But let's get back on topic here

Every FGO loving retard always says this. Throwing the entire industry under the bus isn't a way out to justify your gambling addiction.

So what exactly does make you mad about F/GO and call it the bane, compared to Apocrypha, or Prisma or whatever else?

The gambling swing? The new servants being added? The time travelling plot?

>Mobage, literally the worst thing to ever come out of modern Japan
>Shitty servants with shallow backstories, often drawn literally by hentai artists to draw horny otaku in
>"Genderbend EVERYTHING" design, because Saber did it so we can do it to everyone with no explanation whatsoever right?
>Deviantart OC tier powercreep servants, literally XXXSolimonXXX overpowered bullshit because autists like bigger numbers with more impressive abilities without having it properly tie-in to the pre-existing lore
>Nasu is a fucking sellout who made all of this canon because dumb people don't know the meaning of death of the author and believe that if the author said somethign is good then it automatically is
It's a shitty, warped version of the franchise with everything interesting and all passion sucked out in virtue of having as many hot characters as possible so that horny, stupid otaku spend their NEETbucks on it. It's LN-tier cancer on the industry. FGO is like the star-wars prequels, stupid people defend it because they think that bigger scale and more flashing lights on screen makes anything better.

Phrases become dated and forgotten what a shock.

When was the last time you heard someone make a cat is fine too or a Desire joke on Sup Forums

Literally the only thing you have going for you with this is it being a mobage.
"Shitty servants with shallow backstories" like they aren't always based on sometimes shallow mythology
Genderbend everything is hardly a problem with started with F/GO, looking at you, Extra, so you can't really count it as a mark on GO at least
Solomon might be Grand Caster but he's still plenty beatable with the right servants - and keep in mind stuff like Garden of Avalon is happening anyway and keeping the OG Saber as the strongest servant anyway, with how Excalibur can unlock like Prototype's to defend the world.
Nasu was never even good, you can tell by the writing of Stay Night itself. The only thing that got Fate off the ground as "ghosts of mythological heroes and villains play a game of life and death." You literally can't fuck that up, and Nasu knew that. He's always been shit leaning on a pretty much infallibly cool idea.

You don't really have anything to be mad about.

Now that the dust has settled, this was a Sup Forums meme stolen by Sup Forums & Sup Forums right?

That was a meme that transcended specific boards it had something for all three with the autistic kids talking about anime and manga, the jrock kid, girugamesh, gay men, and the japanese guy.

It's a timeless classic.

>Genderbend everything is hardly a problem with started with F/GO, looking at you, Extra, so you can't really count it as a mark on GO at least
"B-but the problem already existed!!" It's STILL a problem.
>Solomon might be Grand Caster but he's still plenty beatable with the right servants - and keep in mind stuff like Garden of Avalon is happening anyway and keeping the OG Saber as the strongest servant anyway, with how Excalibur can unlock like Prototype's to defend the world.
Oh, so FGO shitty OC can beat FGO shitty OC. How surprinsing.
>"Shitty servants with shallow backstories" like they aren't always based on sometimes shallow mythology
>Nasu was never even good, you can tell by the writing of Stay Night itself. The only thing that got Fate off the ground as "ghosts of mythological heroes and villains play a game of life and death." You literally can't fuck that up, and Nasu knew that. He's always been shit leaning on a pretty much infallibly cool idea.
Again, FGOfags always resort to this. "It's not only this that is marketed to retards, all anime is!!". "The backstories aren't shallow, the problem is with mythology!!!!" "The problem isn't with FGO, Fate and Nasu were ALWAYS SHIT!!!". Stop trying to throw everything under the bus to justify the existance of your shitty mobage. It's mass-produced garbage made by a boardroom of executives to lure in retards, and you're the retard being lured in. You should feel ashamed at yourself.

You know what not so old meme I miss?
This.

There is hardly any OC on Sup Forums now, except Sup Forums and Sup Forums really.

Alright.
Name one "mass produced shitty servant" for F/GO and why they are as such.

And Gilgamesh or Arturia are two off the top of my head that could probably beat Solomon, but then again, Fate was more about the situation than who had a higher power level after all.

But really, you keep saying all this about F/GO, and justifying it being shitty like you're defending the rest of Fate even. Are you? Or are you just mad for the sake of it? Again, name one shitty mass produced servant and why.

Fuck off, you probably think Zero is a masterpiece you faggot.

Yeah, I've kinda been thinking about it too, back when Sup Forums was still relatively young people did way more OC than today, though I'd say today we've got more drawfags than 10 years ago, drawfag threads are also more common across the major boards.
Still, I miss the old OC based on silly templates, we don't have nearly enough nowadays.

Attila. Literally "get Attila and make him a hot girl in a bikini and get a popular artist to draw him".

>And Gilgamesh or Arturia are two off the top of my head that could probably beat Solomon, but then again, Fate was more about the situation than who had a higher power level after all.
Of course, because Japanese otaku love Gil and Arturia, so they have to pander.

>But really, you keep saying all this about F/GO, and justifying it being shitty like you're defending the rest of Fate even. Are you? Or are you just mad for the sake of it? Again, name one shitty mass produced servant and why.
I am defending the rest of Fate because i genuinely think it's a great series. I'm a huge fan, i have been for years. And it pains me deeply to see the most popular part of the entire series to be a shitty mass produced mobage instead of the good parts. Granted, it's still not the most popular, but it's on the way to being. So every time i see some stupid dipshit defending it, it makes me really fuckign mad.

Sup Forums dried up three years ago

>Here's two reasons why F/GO hasn't been blowing Fate out or proportion like you insist
>b-but muh pandering

>he defends Fate because he thinks it's great. He's a huge fan.
>He likes "The most legendary King of England was actually a girl"
>he likes "wow I'm so edgy I'll go back in time and stop my younger self from becoming me"
>he likes a poorly written VN with rampant misogyny and drastic rubberbanding of characters to accomodate sex
>he likes rock paper scissors grinding RPGs that introduces the Girly King of England but for Rome this time and a slut fox
>he likes Urobutcher writing another edgy story, this time a prequel to the poorly written VN where the main guy cucks his wife and another guy gets cucked and has to know the daughter of the girl that got cucked away from him gets to be fucked by worms
>he likes "what if we had a grail war but we made it 7 servants vs 7"
>he likes "Gilgamesh but he gets rocked by Archer Hercules"

Delusional.

They still say it on reddit.

The post-ironic era killed any fun on this board.

That and all the waifushit. There's just too much.

Sup Forums is still one of the least shit boards, but it's still a shadow of what it was.

I thought this was the post-ironic era

F/GO shitters ruined thread again. Most of them tripfags from /vg/, who actually from BL. Don't discuss anything with F/GO shitters ever

It is.

Which is why there's no fun.

>I-I can't refute user's points blowing me the fuck out so I'll just not reply and say F/GO shitters ruined the thread again

Well, props for not giving any (You)s I guess.

cancer

What about Geass summer? That used to be a serious issue back then as well.

try harder F/GO shitter

Damn that's a lot of smug

It killed any fun everywhere.

>Sup Forums suddenly hate Type-moon

WTF HAPPENED?

Say what you will about the original Fate, but it was clearly a genuine attempt to create something that had something to say. Shiro had a legitimately good (not great, but it IS still a VN) character arc, and the way it was spread across three different timelines that you had to read in order was done pretty well. Nasu also obviously cared about the world he'd built for it, Tsukihime, Kara no Kyokai, etc. There are tons of setting material things out there, and it's largely consistent with itself.

It's no masterpiece, and is kinda schlocky, but it was authentic.

Grand Order is a cash grab. I won't say it doesn't have any effort put into it (apparently it's very good for a mobage), but it doesn't have anything meaningful to say and it doesn't mesh with the established Nasuverse that was built up in his past works.

As the clearest example, that people who haven't played the game can see, just look at the character designs. The character with the most blatant sex appeal used be F/SN Rider. Now, pic related.

I mean, it's Nasu's franchise, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it, but that doesn't mean we can't call it out for what it is.

(That's not to say there aren't other cash-grabby Fate spinoffs, there are, but none of them have such a large and rabid fanbase that derails any attempt to talk about other shit in it.)

MOU IKKAI

It's already too late. There was a Bloomberg article done yesterday on FGO comparing it to Pokemon Go. If you haven't dropped Fate, be prepared for having FGO be the only thing that matters because that's where all the serious money is. TM is dead as a company and so is pretty much everything else they do unless they can prove that the money won't change how they do things.

Hint: It already has. Good luck ever getting anything beyond Fate rehashes. Tsukihime remake is dead

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-04/psst-sony-has-a-hit-that-s-as-big-as-pokemon-go-in-japan

What the fuck are these characters? I'm glad i've steered clear of this crap.

>Tsukihime remake is dead
no.
NO! I won't succumb to your twisted lies. I'll see the day it gets remade. I'll survive all the bullshit and finally see it happen.

I saw guts get off the boat and I'll see Tsukihime get remade. MARK MY WORDS, I will survive to see the day.

My only hope is that Nasu rakes in tons of cash with FGO and then starts making whatever the fuck he wants with what is now for him relative pocket change, even if he knows it will fail for not pandering hard enough.

My fear is that being rich will go to his head and he'll just dick around doing nothing productive until the end of his days.

>Tsukihime remake
No. Stop posting shit out of you ass. Mroe important who wil ltranslate Tsuki remake for Sup Forums? No one

You say that like we haven't all learned Japanese by now.

Yeah. That's why I see thousand Mahoyo and DDD discussions in Sup Forums. And of course everyone discuss F/SF in ongoing here.

You think the latter hasn't already happened? Look at everything we had gotten since Fate's release in 2004.

You can count the number of original works released by TM on one hand.

You say that it will come out but where is the proof? They've only been posting new art and ever since TM formally announced it a little before their first PV 3 YEARS AGO teasing the remake.

Your concern about translation is a genuine one but it's no good if the original work won't come out in the first place to be translated.