Controversial sugar industry study on cancer uncovered

Sugar confirmed to give cancer to literally everybody.
How is this legal? Should I eat fats and insects from now on till the end of my cancer free life?

edition.cnn.com/2017/11/21/health/sugar-industry-cancer-history-study/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

did-you-know-that.com/cure-cancer-1931/
journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.2003460
scientificamerican.com/article/most-cancer-cases-arise-from-bad-luck/
documentaryvine.com/video/sugar-crash/
youtube.com/watch?v=71j8TPwkTQE
edition.cnn.com/2017/11/21/health/sugar-industry-cancer-history-study/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not gonna bother reading it since the source is from cnn, but let's assume sugar does have some sort of link to cancer.
Do you know how much sugar one would have to consume to get to that state?
Lol I mean, shit my cousin eats sugary foods all the time. Cinnamon toast crunch for breakfast, pop tarts for afternoon snack, soda, cookies, pb&j for lunch, sweet tea, glaze doughnuts, etc. My cousin eats this shit on a regular.
Yah she has diabetes, yah she's not fit, but cancer bro? Lol c'mon man. You'd have to consume more sugar than your actual weight each week for 30 years to probably see a sign of cancer, assuming you're even alive still.

The point is that you develop cancers after you are 50.
Inb4 you are going to kill yourself after 40.

>Shes practically falling apart
>But cancer?
I mean you're not wrong, but this was funny.

>cnn

WELL CONSIDERING OUR CELLS NEED GLUCOSE TO LIVE THEN OBIOUSLY GLUCOSE TECHINCALLY "CAUSES" CANCER.
DIE.

ITT: lazy couchdwellers who drink soda all day saying >cnn so as to deny their shit lifestyle. obviously sugar is cancer causing, it's the food equivalent of cocaine and we all know this

>cnn

Anything you do increases entropy thus increasing the risk of cancer.

>The 1960s study, which suggests a link between a high-sugar diet and high blood cholesterol levels and cancer in rats
>1960s
And nobody ever studied this again in the last 57 years.

Most foods have some form of sugar in them. Everybody consumes them and has done so for a very long time. You know that coke you drank? It has a very similar mix of the same sugars as fruit does. Eg apples and apple juice.

To actually reasonably cut out sugar is really difficult. People think they're cutting out sugar, but they're usually just eating something else that has the same sugars in them.

At this point, everything gives you cancer. So fuck it.

did-you-know-that.com/cure-cancer-1931/

Hitler knew.

No
Fruit sugar is different in its matrices and how its digested

Refined sugar causes systemic inflammation. The new paradigm is removing ALL refined sugar from your diet, not going full keto and removing all carbs, although you can do that, too. I personally think you miss out on too many plant compounds in the crusade against carbs.

Now please go look again at the contents of high fructose corn syrup 55. Now compare it to the contents of fresh apple juice without any additives. You'll notice that the "refined sugar" thing is just a meme. It's a marketing campaign to later sell products with "real sugar".

>I personally think you miss out on too many plant compounds in the crusade against carbs.
Yeah, and the same applies to keto as vegan diets. You can make up for it if you plan your diet properly.

Nothing worse than motherfucking sugar shills.

All sugars are different. Anyone that says shit about them being the same or that the body sees them as the same are fucking JEWS. STOP eating all refined sugars. Fruits are fine. Natural foods are fine. Processed and refined foods are literally designed to fucking kill you.

I've been off sugar, and most dairy, since 2014. I'm the user that's been pushing this diet here for 3 years. You wouldn't believe how fucking awesome I feel now. I'm in my fucking 40s and I feel 20 again. Anyway, stop eating SHIT.

>All sugars are different. Anyone that says shit about them being the same or that the body sees them as the same are fucking JEWS. STOP eating all refined sugars. Fruits are fine. Natural foods are fine. Processed and refined foods are literally designed to fucking kill you.
The sugar contents of high fructose corn syrup 55 coca cola is almost the same as freshly pressed apple juice. Put your literacy to use and google will help you verify this claim.

The processed sugar meme is just yet another trap by these companies to make you believe that "natural" is better. It isn't. It's the same shit.

>journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.2003460
CNN links to the actual publication.

>consuming sugar is bad

If you didn't already know this, you should.
Now you know; the real challenge is avoiding added sugar.
>yfw you start reading lables and realize they put sugar in literally everything

the glycemic index exists, glucose isnt the same as maltose isnt the same as dextrose isnt the same as glucose isnt the same as sucrose
LITERALLY what he said

he said eat fruit you said LOL FRUT JUICE IS DIFFERENT holy shit we know

I lost 25 pounds in 2 months doing a Ketogenic diet. FUCK SUGAR

christ like you implied lactose is the fucking same. show me some milky fruit bitch

nigger, everything gives you cancer to a degree, nothing new here just fearmongering

are you retarded

>eat sweet fruit
>teeth fine

>eat literally anything with added sugar
>notice foul breath and taste next mourning
>if eaten persistently notice sensitive and even sore teeth

It's not a meme you dumb cunt, try for yourself.

Glucose from processed forms of sugar are garbage. You need natural/unprocessed forms of sugar.

Everything causes cancer. Your air. Your water. The drywall in your home, dust, meat, etc. How is this news?

>that's right goy! Sugar is bad for you! Use High Fructose Corn Syrup! It's made with vegetables! It's healthy for you!

>things that are converted to sugar in 5 seconds are not the same as direct sugar
i doubt it but u do u

Fuck fuck fuck I put a scoop of sugar in both my cups of coffee daily!

I heard soy helps you get fit though and doesn’t cause cancer.

Gonna use that instead.

Fresh apple juice lacks the fiber of the apple, and isn't only fructose, it has sucrose and sorbitol

>real sugar
I know the "evaporated cane juice" thing is a meme, but the idea is that pure sucrose is terrible for you, fruit isn't pure, and comes with fiber that slows the insulin response. Anything "added" to sweeten things is distributed faster than the insulin response and is inflammatory

I'm on that sugar alcohols hype train, erythritol and xylitol and maltitol all get pissed out, and I've used xylitiol long enough I don't get diarrhea anymore. But I read even these increase insulin, just from the taste

Don't worry goy, we'll modify the ingredient hiding it from your nutritional facts and ingredient listings

have you ever eaten an apple and not brushed your teeth for a while?
that shit eats away your teeth real fast

No.

>that's right brother! Stop insisting every single thing you eat has to be sweet, appreciate other forms of flavour! Drop the sugary-Jew!

Cancer is kind of inevitable. It's an example of entropy. Your DNA can only remain stable for so long.

holy shit no one cares about the residual sugar in their bread from maltose, the only thing that matters is sucrose vs fructose, and you didn't even list the most important one. HIGH fructose corn syrup is bad because of how much more concentrated the fructose is. Sucrose is milder and the variant you find in fruit more often.

Alzheimer's / Dementia is essentially diabetes of the brain

sugar doesn't cause cancer, but cancer cells grow faster if you eat calorie dense food such as those that contain sugar. You probably shouldnt eat sugar if you have cancer, but sugar doesnt cause cancer

>HIGH fructose corn syrup is bad because of how much more concentrated the fructose is
lol how could you think this

cancer is caused by pussy fungus. and now in the polish. rak jest wywoływany przez grzyby pochwy

Yes, no it doesn't.

Added Sugar on the other hand, no matter how much I brush, still rots my teeth.

>not taking a multivitamin to convert high calorie, high fat, low nutrient density foods into PURE ENERGY
shiggy diggy

absolutely does, probably because of the natural acids but claiming that it'll be completely fine is just retarded

How did you weigh before?
Did you gain it back, or are you still on the diet?
Any side effects?

t. 240lbs skinnyfat

It's not all sugar, just refined sugar that
is literally toxic to your body.

Of course sugar causes cancer to grow. Higher blood sugar means cells have more sugar available to them, so they can grow faster. That doesn't establish a causal relationship to cancer, but it would make cancer that already exists grow faster.

The type of study conducted here would not be able to tell the difference. It also found that the increase in cancer-causing chemicals only occurred if they also crippled the gut bacteria in the rats, and did not have a control where the gut bacteria were eliminated and the rats were fed a low-sugar diet.

And I'm saying that apple juice has a similar mix of glucose, fructose and dextrose as these "synthetic sugars" he keeps railing about. They're the same fucking thing.

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm saying that all sugars contribute towards the problem. If you buy into the meme of "processed is bad, natural is good" then you're setting yourself up for failure. Food companies are playing you like a fiddle.
>he said eat fruit you said LOL FRUT JUICE IS DIFFERENT holy shit we know
You can't compare solid food and a drink, because the solid food often has fiber, which makes a large difference. It's not the sugar that makes the difference between an apple and a coke, it's the fiber.
He said that "processed sugar is bad", which is complete bullshit. The processed sugar mixes we use are similar as we get in natural foods.

Yeah, no, you're completely full of shit.

That's the point. It's not converted. They are the same sugars in the same type of mix. It's exactly the same thing.

>Fresh apple juice lacks the fiber of the apple, and isn't only fructose, it has sucrose and sorbitol
It's great that we're not talking about a mix that contains the same amounts of fructose, glucose and dextrose as apples do, isn't it? Of course apples contain fiber, but apple juice does not. Do you consider the sugar inside freshly pressed apple juice to be "processed sugar"? It's the same fucking sugar that was in the apple, yet it's exactly as bad in juice form as that coke because there is no fiber anymore.

You should ALL limit processed sugar from your diet, not because it causes cancer but because it os overall shit for you
>short term energy
>metabolizes directly into fat if not used
>extreme sweetness cuts your taste for real foods
>used in abundance in heavily processed "foods" with artificial flavors and colors

Here's how they get you
>LOW FAT MEANS HIGH SUGAR
>use three different types of sugar in the food so it goes down the ingredients list
>"natural sugar" doesnt make it healthy

FACTS
>diet is way more important in body fat % than exercise
>if you're obese kys
>michelle obama tried to run a campaign to reduce sugar in kid's diets
>corn lobby said NO (hfcs) and she changed her tactic to "lol just play for 60 minutes"

BEST DIET
>most of your food should be PROTIEN and VEGETABLES
>raw veggies are OP and help with strong jaws
>eat fruit and carbs like bread occasionally. Don't go carbless
>eliminate added sugar and heavily processed carbs

>dont be fat

All memes aside, quality non-GMO soy, the one that gets used in the top miso variants etc. is good, but mainly for women.

I feel a slight sensitivity on the edges of my front lower teeth (like you said, probably from the acids) but other than that I've had no lasting effects.
Just feels like the enamel gets eaten away, then reforms.

For a long time I only ate fruit and veggies and never cleaned my teeth, and I BAGS AND BAGS of apples - zero problems, my teeth were the healthiest they've been.

Looking at the responses in this thread it's no fucking wonder that Americans are so fucking fat.

but this is misleading. technically anything that causes your cells to have to regenerate or repair can eventually 'cause' cancer.

An apple only has 95 calories worth of fructose. That's the equivalent of about 1 cup (ie 8 oz) of soda, or about half of a candy bar. It's not very much sugar by comparison to modern refined-sugar foods.

that might also be because Americans have tons of sugar in everything they eat
have you ever compared American food to your local food? almost everything there tastes like sugar

Just avoid non whole food as much as possible. Natural sugars existing in fruit are necessary for life but refined sugar is bad. Same goes for fats too, most plant oils are bad for you.

idk, about 12 minutes of "living in america"s worth

Fanatics like you always amuse me for some reason. Maybe it's the excessive and compulsive need to try to control that makes it all seem a little absurd. And one day you'll be dead and all that time spent on fanatically trying to control things was for naught. I don't disagree with your advice in general, BTW, it's just the fanaticism that caught my eye.

>An apple only has 95 calories worth of fructose.
Uh, what? What kind of fucking apples are you eating? There is 4 kcal of energy in one gram of carbohydrates. An apple is about 10% of its mass as sugar. 55% of the sugar is fructose, 26% of the sugar is glucose and 18% is sucrose. The sucrose gets divided at a 50-50 ratio between fructose and glucose. This means that you end up with 64% of the sugar being fructose and 35% of the sugar being glucose.

95 kcal of fructose means that your apple has 23.75 grams of fructose. Since 10% of the apple's weight is sugar and 64% of that is fructose that means that 6.4% of the apple's weight should be 23.75 grams. This means that your "apple" weighs 371 grams.

What kind of fucking apples are you eating?

Oh yeah, by the way, you completely ignored the 52 kcal of glucose your apple has.

I have to disagree.
There seems to be an issue with age and the ability for DNA to replicate itself, people with mosaic down-syndrome are basically guaranteed to start developing Alzheimer's if they live past 35.
This leads us to believe that the cause of Dementia/Alzheimer's is related to chromosome 21,

Chromosome 21 is what makes APP, and the enzyme alpha secretase splits APP up into different proteins into sAPP(alpha) and C83...
There's also another function with beta secretase that snips APP up into different compounds, namely sAPP(beta) and C99, another enzyme cuts AICD away from C99 leaving beta amyloid..

It's believed that Alzheimer's is caused by this process going wrong over and over and over again where plaques build up in the brain which strangle the brain, beta amyloid can clump up and cause tangles which disrupt the brains ability to send signals around, and eventually the neural connections die, essentially cutting off your brains ability to access memories

They even have sugar in their fucking bread

>Write 150 words
>Fanaticism

Graduate high school.

>muh cancer
scientificamerican.com/article/most-cancer-cases-arise-from-bad-luck/

The fanaticism is in the wording, memefag.

>you're completely full of shit
>because I said so

Aright cunt if you were trying to get me mad it fucken worked.

>Natural sugar does not rot teeth
>Added sugar does
>any juice other than fresh juice falls under the category of "added sugar"
Source:
"Sugar Crash" documentary by Dr Eva Orsmond
documentaryvine.com/video/sugar-crash/
(shit quality but the only stream I could find)

But I already knew this from my own experiences, and you would too if you weren't such a fuckwit.

It's because Sup Forums is full of dumbshits who need attention grabbing language to read more than 10 words in a post. But also
>eating a well balanced diet is fanaticism

>30 names of X
>lists about half of that
>fills rest of list with shit that contains X
fucking retard

You get bad breath because you have left-over food in your mouth that bacteria eat and then die while you're asleep. If it contains calories then it'll happen.

But you can test it pretty easily yourself. Create a sugar water solution, get a syringe and an apple. Inject the sugar water solution into the apple and then eat the apple.

A lot of them are different sugars too.

No matter how much I clean my teeth, I get a foul taste in my mouth after eating sugar.
With fruit I don't, even if I don't clean.

What about this don't you understand?

>A lot of them are different sugars too.
I know people that drink a 2liter a day.
sugar is everywhere here.

watch a movie by the name of "fed up"
youtube.com/watch?v=71j8TPwkTQE

>sugar isnt natural sugar
sorta makes me think

Well thank fuck I barely eat the sugar

What part of "added sugar" don't you understand?

Sugar And yeast.

The thing is that if you swap out that coke with most natural juices you'd be sitting on the same amount of sugar. Even milk gives you similar amounts of calories (but not as purely sugar).

What about if you swap out that coke with water?

>edition.cnn.com/2017/11/21/health/sugar-industry-cancer-history-study/index.html
(((CNN)))

the part in the previous line that implies that the sugar being added isnt natural.
I answered your question, you can disregard my autism now.

cancer is an infection that feeds on sugar.

I imagine one would start to loose weight or at the very least slow their ever increasing mass gain.

>calorie dense foods like sugar
>sugar is a carb
>fats are denser than carbs
>1gram of carbs = 4 calorie
>1gram of fat= 7 calorie
nigga gtfo with yo wack ass science

tasty food is unhealthy. tell me something i don't know

>2017
>eating sugar

Stop now bro

All the things you enjoy are bad for you. KYS or keep on enjoying yourself. . . . faggot.

High fructose corn syrup is VERY different on a molecular level than natural fruit sugar, you idiot. Your body tries to figure out what it is but it literally cannot recognize it so it just packs it on as fat, doesn't even try to utilize. Whereas fruit sugar, real fruit sugar, is used for energy by the body, easily. It has no trouble recognizing and using natural substances.

Fruit is also important because of all the incredible vitamins and bioflavonoids and shit like that in fruit which your body really needs! Corn syrup has no nutritional value AT ALL.

Point being also though, it's way better to eat whole fruits or juice with the pulp or make smoothies with them, than to just drink bottled juice which is generally shit and takes a lot of the good, valuable parts of the fruit out.

Literally. They put it in fucking meat for chrissake. Disgusting.

Sugar metabolism is extremely important. Not only is glucose relatively simple to make, but the process by which it is incorporated or expelled by an individual cell is a very straightforward and short action chain. Since it is such an integral and basic part of cellular survival, virtually no cancerous cells are so altered that they cannot make use of glucose. Moreover, the rapid proliferation of some cancers encourages preference for glucose over alternative respiratory fuels due to this simplicity.

While lipids are more "calorically" dense, processing of ketones is more involved and of less concern, so it has a lower priority in both metabolic response and genetic instruction. Extremely high or extremely low blood sugars are fatal. Large quantities of ketones are somewhat harder to create and can be safely expelled or repackaged by the liver for storage.

>Cars can kill anyone in the blink of an eye
>how are they legal

shiggidy diggidy dooo dasrite maan

>>LOW FAT MEANS HIGH SUGAR
If often seems to mean high salt too. Ugh. And too high amounts of fiber which torture your gut.

Eat normal, fresh, whole food. Keep the sugary stuff as low as possible but do eat some fruit, especially berries and citrus which are nutrition bombs and so good for you. Eat lean protein. Eat a fuckton of vegetables. And some whole grains. Exercise a lot and drink a lot of water. Don't live on cheese, but don't worry too much about fat. Just try to stick with healthy fats, not saturated. And drink some red wine.

You'll do well like this. It's how nineteenth century and early to mid twentieth century people ate, pretty much, and they weren't hardly ever fat. (BTW if you've ever wondered why they were smaller back then, it mostly has to do with people eating way more animal protein now, because of modern refrigeration making it easier. Some speculate it's also hormones and shit in modern food, I dunno, but I do know that protein makes us get bigger--not fatter, bigger.)

I didn't see any fanaticism, just basic decent advice that most of you probably won't take lol.

>basic decent advice

>complete soccer mom pseudobroscience

water fast for 1 month and you won't get cancer. then never eat processed sugar again

so be it asshole,you think I give a fuck what you think since I will live until 120 (if almighty God allows me) due to Iiving off of the paleo diet. Lol,take it or leave.Just remember I what I say as you are dying from a heart attack at the age of 50.

>stop consuming sugar to avoid the scary cancer
>die from cancer caused by the radon in the basement anyway

Give it up faggot, you can't live forever.

No, you should put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger because you're a faggot and literally no one loves you.