Why are millennials leaving the Church?

Why are millennials leaving the Church?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UvpTXZ1VjUA
youtube.com/watch?v=-E-P_g75ciM
youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they're susceptible to peer pressure and showing up would require a personal commitment on some level. They can't even show up to vote, they only care about the perception that they care enough to do so.

Why are generation Z returning to church?

it's boring

boring as fuck

The Church provides nothing in a post modern society. Millenials do not want any inhibitors to their behavior and think everything can be explained by "science".

The Churches themselves also care more about money than sheltering their flock from the poz.

Those who are, are leaving because their parents took them to antinomian churches (false churches) so they never got to see the purpose of going. That was a problem for me, but I like being stronger and tougher than those round me, maybe this is a fault, and so I started being observant in order to build my character. It's a nasty trap to fall into, however.

because Abrahamic religions are archaic crowd control systems, and I don't need to go to a tax-exempt pedo den to know that God is real.

t.deist

>Abrahamic religions
That's heresy, user.

I don't care, it's all semite lies.

Boring.

I want a world that has religious values, but no religion.

Hell is for ever!

Boomers are not welcoming, they run churches like Freemason lodges..

only for Jews

They aren't senpai, the catholic church I go to (albeit on a college campus) is PACKED with college students, especially at the more traditional masses. I think it's baby boomers and gen x more than anyone who leave the church.

It's fucking boring

And liberal progressive morals take Christianity to it's logical conclusion. God is tott my man!

Teenage response

Bill Burr sums it up perfectly

youtube.com/watch?v=UvpTXZ1VjUA

For ever!

Hell is for ever!

Disconnect between modern societal values such as LGBT rights and what the church tells them to think

The great apostasy. Catholic and Protestant exorcists tell that exorcisms in apostate countries are worse and almost always last a long time. Notice the rise in perversion. Notice the horrific corruption inside the church. I fear those apostate priests and quisling Christians will face worse judgement than the worst degenerate.

I remember when God tells Elijah of the seven thousand who had not bowed to Baal.

Why would unbelievers want to go to a church h desolate and devoid of the Holy Spirit?

Most pastors are beta-cuck faggots and most churches are filled with retarded cowardly pussies.

I finally found an independent fundemental baptist church who doesn't mind calling out gaytheists, libcucks, and flies American flags and everybody comes to church with guns in their belts.

This guy is pretty cool too
youtube.com/watch?v=-E-P_g75ciM

>Open Bible
>Chapter 1
>Talking snake

People DIED over this horseshit

This.

Sitting and listening to someone preach about the same thing every week is actually pretty gosh darn exhilarating. Some weeks I even get an endorphin rush from it.

Why go to church when you can spend all your time worshiping yourself?

This, modern churches are overly fixated on legalistic issues outside of the Scripture and less focused on the living Word and the value it brings to your everyday life, and as such new churchgoers (mainly millenials) view church as an arbitrary set of rules and not a means to build a relationship with Christ and improve as a person.

Found the millennial

My parents are conservative Christians who have been associated with various harliner movements. But as for me, I kind of just dropped out of religion when they did not force me to go with them anymore, I never got "into it". Never got anything out of religion. It doesn't evoke any emotion in me and trying to pray doesn't feel like anything. I honestly can't think of any reason to go to the church outside the possiblee secular social needs or to even think about religion at all. I can't understand people who actually wonder about theology or spirituality at all, since to me, it all feels so pretentious. I just cannot grasp the concepts of supernatural, heaven, hell and holy. It just doesn't work.

I suppose I'm just not a spiritual person or something. It's not like I jerk off to science and tip fedora. Religion just feels like kind of too weird and foreign concept. I'm not getting anything out of it at any level.

Try not seeing it as a social construct but a reality and choice.

Its a scam.

What's the scam?

Because instead of getting up and dressing all nice, I can get up and do something productive with my life rather than sitting in a church with a bunch of crazy religious people.

Come down to my big old building where we talk about a man in the sky who loves you but if you don't worship him, you will be sent to an eternity of pain and suffering.

Did I mention i'm one of his best friends on earth? Here's the collection plate.

Because millennials are the culmination of 40 years of cultural brainwashing. so far they are the most useless and degenerate generation in history. all according to the plan.

Because the appeal of a church is gone with the pro-abortion, open border, pro-israel, anti white cuck fests.

Lefties think still hate them, righties see them as ultra-cucks. seems pretty simple to me

Lad, that's a real shame. I would tell anyone having that problem to avoid those churches and don't let the bad attitudes of some interfere with having a great religious life in the time we have on earth.

this

My other complaints:
Dumbed-down sermons
not enough historical context
too much singing
rituals (other than the occasional God approved protestant)

My ideal church:
good morning
prayer
announcements
sermon
prayer
see you next week
>30 to 45 minutes tops

I believe that churches today have become too lenient and lazy, which creates content amongst its member which eventually leads to lack of attendance. Look at it this way, why work for something that you are gonna get anyways?

>become adult
>church send me letter
>they guessed my income (that i didn't have) and told me how much money i owed them based on this guess
I left on the very same day.

A lot of sermons are not only boring, but the churches are also turbo cucked. I'm in Lancaster, PA and the churches around here were responsible for bringing over 3,000 syrian refugees in over the past 2-3 years. They even put up signs welcoming them in both English and sand language. It's fucking insulting. Why would I want to worship in a place that has not only sold out my community, but put the lives of christians at risk?

Fuck them

They don't want to be told that they are responsible for their choices, they want to be ignorant.

It's a symptom of a weak generation that wishes to throw away all they know from history in hopes of remaking it into something proven to fail (neo-nazis, commies, sjws)
It's okay to have values or ideas of how things work but so many have gone to delusional extremes.

I love going to church, I feel a part of the community, there's a peace that I can only find there, its full of good people, the minister doesn't shy away from the tough topics (homosexuality, the Jews needing to convert too) and there are more women my age there than men.

Its pretty great guys not gonna lie

This.

Also, whites attend church more than minorities.

Because the churches in my area are treated as a social event rather than a religious service. Act however you want 6 days and 23 hours a week but spend that 1 hour in church and you're a good person. The girls dress like sluts even in church now.

The only good thing about going to church is I don't have to deal with shitskins

this, with people optionally staying after for additional counsel, q&a, bible study, etc
if you viewed every Sunday like going to see a guest speaker at college it would be better
>quick intro
>talk about your stuff
>q&a
insert prayers before and after

This is true, I must be the only bean in a 20 block radius and I like it that way

Narcissism overriding morality in the pulpit?

lel

Because you have to be an idiot to believe in God in the current year, duh.

>the women dress like sluts

This isn't tolerated in our church.

What religion do you subscribe to user?

The (((church))) is corrupted.

I couldn't in good conscience trust an organization where pedophilia is rife and protected. So sad

Godspeed, faggot.

I dunno dude, my little brother's generation are are really into religion, more so than I had their age. I think religion is going to make a comeback.

I'm not really sure what kind of churches you go to, but nearly every one I've went to focuses almost entirely on either strengthening your relationship with Christ or Evangelism.
I do agree to an extent, but only because the squeaky wheel gets the most attention. Churches that bitch about law a lot will be seen as what churches are in the modern day.

College students now are pushing into Gen Z territory, there are people born in 1999 who are in college now.

Because the Church is completely and utterly corrupted?

San Diego here

not religious but sort of feel like experiencing it. Also want to meet conservative people. What church is good to go to that isnt complete cancer?

I feel like a Roman Catholic church would be the closest to being based but its so cucked and full of spics noe.

Prostestantism is full retard. If a church has a rock band I’ll just walk out.

What do?

Because it sucks.

>no bibles at pews, just daily hymns
>pick and choose gospel readings and you're not allowed to read along
>always talk about the pacifist "Jesus" and never mention how he really was
>religion classes don't teach the bible, and have textbooks where the previous message is hammered home
>no high masses anymore
>no mention of the council of Jerusalem in religion, Jesus calling the Jews devil worshipping vipers, and Jesus being a rebellious Nazarene against Judaism and Rome
>people stop going forever after confirmation because its just schooltime feel good peaceful diversity bullshit, and you already get force fed that in school
>Francis is a cuck and nobody can say shit otherwise
>eunuch priests and nuns teaching proper religion has all but dissapeared

I miss the Church I was never alive to experience. The one who didn't hide the bible from you, taught religion with the bible, spoke latin, focused on faith an works equally, taught the true words of Christ, and didnt fill half a sermon with a personal story.

I was around to see the switch where they removed the new testament from the pews, not allowing you to read the gospel, but instead be a slave to whatever the priest wanted to teach you.

I plan on making my own religion.

I'd just like the community that forms around churches tbqh

It's important to distinguish spirituality and emotion. It's hard for people without much emotion to FEEL spiritual, but you can still have a close relationship with God through prayer, and the community in church helps too.
I only say this because I certainly don't consider myself an emotional person at all but I consider myself close to God because I keep in contact with Him and strive to become more like Him.
Also, it's good to focus on the facts of Christianity, like how historically accurate it is. That usually helps overcome emotional uncertainty.

Because the church isn't offering them anything they haven't heard before. Millennials want something new. Create a pantheistic church, a weed church, a Deus Vult church, or a new age church and a guarantee you various demographics of millennials will show up.

They never joined

Catholocism has always been bad
Become a reformed Christian

I do think singing can be too much but it's important to realize everyone prays differently. Some might get more out of song than sermon.

Community has been dissolved through suburbia/welfare/government, so we do not need other people anymore
Church acted as a mainstay hub for this kind of activity/grouping and fosters beliefs which benefit people in this system, but actively hinders those in an impersonal isolate worlds

Community is code word for tribalism

They worship science like its a religion instead

They're not. They're just too young to stop going with their parents. Or the churches are liberalized cesspools so they treat it as a social club.

The right-wing Gen Z meme needs to stop. So does the idea that it begins before 2000. None of you 96-99 faggots are part of Le Based Gen Zyklon.

Churches don't actually help people anymore, because they're all heretics, and I say this as a non-religious person.

You see, there are no authentic churches left unless you're high up on the totem pole like the pope engaging in arcane rituals. Small third-world churches are just full of superstitious Consuelas.

Protip: If the church has a parking lot full of minivans, it's full of bullshit with people only practicing for the sole purpose of making connections or neighborhood gossip.

>leaving

Most of them never started going to begin with. This is the floating generation after all. These guys were birthed and then just sorta did what they wanted to do. That's why they don't marry, or make commitments beyond just having fun and living to impress socially.

It all depends on the pastor. But in general stay away from too strict/too lenient churches. I'm a United Methodist and I've heard of a few memes about us but it's been a good experience for me.

This, best example when I was in middle school 12 years ago was Lakewood Church here in Tejas. All the uppity people went there thinking they were going to real church, when it was basically entertainment for like 45 minutes.

Those communities suck 90% of the time. It's just moms trying to one-up each other, spread gossip, etc. like it's a high school bathroom. The women are nightclub sluts, the moms are entitled soccer moms, the dads are cucks with little humor, and the children all have ADHD. All the good young lads joined the ARMY and died.

Calm down there Comstock.

How do I into Founding Father mode?

All the church s in my area are filled with geriatrics and "born again" roasties.

No thanks.

>The right-wing Gen Z meme needs to stop.

Fuck off leaf. The right wing Gen Z memes needs to keep going. I don't know if you noticed, but memes become reality now because they are propaganda.

This video is just for you

youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg

No he doesn't. He's just another postmodernist faggot living as an edgy radical agnostic.

>Durr why would I listen to some guy who spent years studying the Bible?

Why would I ever listen to some guy who married a nigger?

Churches being too dogmatic may be a part of it.

>Prostestantism is full retard.

Depends on which type. Lutheran churches are like small cowboy chapels with white people. Anything else is southern shit stuck in the "Carlos Mencia" or Bush era with Walmart goers.

Dump a crate of underpriced British Tea into the Boston Harbor x 10

Tar and feather a British tax collector x 10

Carry Ben franklin on a sofa x 10

How does one find a good church to start attending? My family never went so I'm not even sure where to start...

t. Millennial who is starting a career and finally getting his life together

Tbh it’s weird seeing millenials and soyboys going to church. Pic related is a church near me, the guy coming out just looks out of place. Good on him for going though.

I never felt right being in a church, despite participating in events and going on mission trips.

I stopped going after I graduated high school and it's been 10 years, now.

Go church shopping. A different one every week (or every other week if its too much). That's what my mom did when she started settling down and it worked out incredibly well.

The problem is exactly the opposite of their being 'too dogmatic', its that they are overwhelmingly ignorant, soft, effeminate, and useless. The emphasis in churches is on emotion and feeling, not doctrine and practice. Even those churches that try and maintain orthodoxy are filled to the brim with superstition, ignorant laymen, and garbage.

They are disgusting, their songs are blatantly sexual, their gospel is watered down and useless, and the proof is that no one goes. They cater exclusively to stupid teenagers trying DESPERATELY to hold onto the youth but all they end up accomplishing is becoming "How do you do fellow kids?" the religion and everyone leaves at age eighteen.

And I'm talking about the 'bible believing' southern churches, I'm not talking about the blatantly heathenous shit which is even worse.

>I say this as a nonreligious person
>I say this about Group A while not being part of Group A
>Someone I think this gives me more credibility on speaking out against Group A

It will never become true. Generations haven't mattered since our countries turn into brown diversified shitholes. There is no cultural backlash because we are increasingly nonwhite. And the browning of Western countries just pulls then further and further left into postmodernist marxist cesspools.

Gen Z kids are even faggier than Millennials are even faggier than Gen X.

Because it is indistinguishable from every other institution in our garbage culture. Most modern "churches" are really bland, noisy, thoughtless music venues where the focus is on us, and not God.

The sacred and the beautiful is gone, replaced by safe, sterile "preaching" which is interchangeable from one week to another.

I used to be religious or come from a religious family. Also went to both a Lutheran and Catholic schools.

Sounds like an alcoholics anonymous meeting.

>just looks out of place.
>nomal guy
uh, everyone is welcome in church

>Chapter 1
>Talking snake
What?

I would bash you for bashing Protestants but you're 100% right. My hip college Christian club is 1/3 virgins at best. Most are covered in tattoos and nose piercings. Some openly brag about partying, drinking, hookah, and sex on weekends. Most of the girls are career driven roasties with the typical "Maybe I'll have a kid when I'm 30 tee hee". So you end up with maybe 10% of the girls being suitable Christian wives.

But you can't judge them man. Because only God can judge them man. Because we only need to love man. Because we shouldn't call others out on their obvious sin man. Because we should bring people into church even if we have to sacrifice doctrine to do it man.

United Methodist is one of the worst offenders of modernist garbage. If you allow female pastors and homosexual members you are a joke.

My snake talks, just in a different way ;)