Anime is just a carton made by the Japanese

Anime is just a carton made by the Japanese.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11802496
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes
but they gave their cartoon their own twists so it's not simple american cartoon

No fucking shit.

Where was it stated American cartoon? All that is is a cartoon which is made by japs.

America invented animation.

Prove it.

i was under the impression that anime was made in Korean sweatshops

That is just the backgrounds.and viet do the cgi.

how does Sup Forums feel about this poster?

>a carton made by the Japanese
what did he mean by this?

Technically speaking anime is actually less advanced than american/western cartoons. Most of their stylistic elements are in fact visual shortcuts designed to save money.

Sup Forumsnons sperg so hard on Sup Forums. Little embarrassing.

Isn't that being more advanced? It's like how modern factory lines are less complicated than old factory lines. You achieve more with less resources poured into it - sasuga Japanese production!

True for the most part for the animation itself, but at the end of the day the presentation and actual elements of the work like the art itself or the backgrounds are a lot more impressive than western animation on average.

Only when viewed through a certain lens, not objectively

Yes. And?

Just checking cause of a Sup Forums autists

So non-japanese people will never be able to make anime? That's racist.

Surprisingly there are very few people on Sup Forums who would argue that anime are not cartoons. I think people who do that are mostly underage weebs who want to feel superior.

JRPG is a genre of RPG that originated in japan. It's possible for a JRPG to be developed in any part of the world.

Anime is an elitist term for japanese cartoon that has been established in culture and used most popularly by people who have a stigma for regular cartoons and wish to not be associated with them

Your claim is not entirely correct.
An American made the first movie with animated sequences, but earliest found example of animated art comes from Egypt, and there have been several inventions in between that were used to animate a picture.

Italian food is just food created in Italia. Mind you, it doesn't even have to be made in Italia or by Italians. Yet, you can distinguish it from food from other places in the world, and even develop a preference for it.

Japanese anime and american cartoons are technically similar imo.
lots of commercial shit series and a few good ones, animation level basically the same.

The only real difference in my mind is that Japanese are ready to use better plots in their animes. Can't shake the feeling that 95% of cartoons are gag cartoons primarily.

Please read through this autist's posts and tell me I'm not the only one going insane

Cartoons in America are primarily targeted towards children and are meant to sell ads. Anime is aimed at a much more diverse audience and has been used to shill for all kinds of merchandise.

Yes, I'm actually quite mad that we have Sup Forums and Sup Forums because the distinction being just the country of origin is quite garbage, as I can't discuss certain types of animation in general because of the countries of origin.

yeah animes do have a wider demographic.
They basically do in japan what children's cartoons and live actions tv shows do in america.

They're not wrong but it says more about the state of American cartoons than it does about anime.

Anime generally has some pretty egregious corner cutting and flat boring animation half the time and great animation the other half (usually in the form of lots of visually dull talking sequences for most of the episode and then a well-animated fight, though lower-end anime will often have entire sequences literally copy/pasted from episode to episode, like a transformation sequence).

Western animation, particularly in America, tends to spread its animation budget more evenly. The best parts are worse than anime's best, but even a cheaper show won't have a prolonged sequence of static characters and lip flaps (that don't line up to the dialogue) with nothing interesting happening whatsoever.

This is part of why American cartoons have simple deformed characters that are very easy to animate, whereas anime tends towards much more detailed characters that can look good standing still for several seconds at a time over and over throughout the episode. Japanese animation generally has a tend towards stuff that looks good still

The most egregious example of this being Five Centimeters Per Second, an award-winning Powerpoint presentation of a bunch of really nice looking still images

>anime is not cartoon
>they're not wrong
user...?

Whoops, wrong image

strawpoll.me/11802496

>5cm/s
>powerpoint

You got the wrong show.

I meant their second statement: "Anime is by far more sophisticated, advanced and ambitious than cartoons. There's nothing elitist about recognizing that."

Which I agree with not because anime is particularly sophisticated, advanced, and ambitious, but because anything looks sophisticated, advanced, and ambitious when placed next to the stuff that gets the label of "cartoons" in the west.

There are outliers in both western and eastern animation. To suggest that one as a whole is more sophisticated than the other because of one of those outliers is baseless arrogance

Anime manages to do more interesting stuff in tv animation. I wish the west would pick up on this.

Western culture holds too much of a stigma against animation for adults. It's acceptable for comedy because reasons but it will be a long time if ever before a 'serious' cartoon made for adults has widespread appeal since culture is a powerful, illogical beast

Not even Sup Forums agrees with you, nice try though.

Japanese animation
>more detail in individual frames, less frames. No shits given about lip sync

Western animation
>less detail in frames, relatively more frames. All shits given about lip sync

>Sup Forums
>having well informed opinions on any topic

>animes

You are damn right, see

interesting how Japanese people call American cartoon 'American anime'

Anime does interesting stuff that's also animated, but the animation itself is not generally "interesting" or experimental, as a rule (with a few exceptions, most notably based Trigger).

In the west, you can say that Amazing World of Gumball looks like shit if you want, but it's superflat style and purposeful lack of any kind of consistency looks significantly different from any other animated show on air. Even something like King of the Hill, which is all realistic characters, nevertheless has a distinct look that makes it immediately obvious what show it is, even if you're seeing a random background extra. Even if there are trends in American cartoons, and there are, it's absolutely the west that's more willing to do weird visual shit.

>you are shifting blame
holy fucking shit

>has a distinct look that makes it immediately obvious what show it is, even if you're seeing a random background extra
I hope you're not suggesting western animation is immune from sameface

Weird visual shit for the sake of making your product unique is shit though.

Also this somehow reminds me when people discussed if a kebab was a burger or not when Curynigger used one for competing on a SnS manga thread, both are basically meat on bread but completely different, same goes for anime and cartoons/comics and manga.

>that faggot that thinks Sup Forums and Sup Forums should be one board.

>it's absolutely the west that's more willing to do weird visual shit
There's a difference between 'weird' visual shit and 'ugly vulgar tasteless' visual shit, and America visibly doesn't understand that.

EE&E was great because it was actually unique and had actual experimental animation, in the other hand dropping random 3D shit for the sake of being random and "funny" has turned generic, hence defeating the purpose of experimenting.
Also shit like unclegrandpa, or whatever it's called, winning a fucking Emmy tells you how fucked up cartoons are.

I love that GIF. But both sides if Sup Forums didn't have its downsides I would be lying, but I hate comics compared to manga. Comics have been in this downward spiral of pandering to SJW's for years and fucking years especially since they introduced black iron woman.

Plus when you have the integrity to make the character Slipknot a "super villain" you have the creative genius of a 2 year old.

The difference between anime and cartoons is how they handle their budgets. Cartoons simplify their designs so that they can animate every scene properly, and anime does various levels of pic related

Sup Forums suffers from dedicated shitposters that hate Sup Forums for the sake of it.

Also blame the jews on that, unnironically.

If you don't like the Big 2 comics, there's some great shit coming out of Image lately.

The difference between anime and cartoon?

Japan can animate anything, even cartoon-style.
America despises and pretends it rejects anime style while copying it for money.
Even worse, at the same time, America is also trying to switch to CG animation, totally giving up traditional animation. The one that takes the most effort and time because there isn't a computer to calculate a character's movements between two frames. See Disney for example. Poor guy must be weeping in his grave.

Japan on the other hand tries to melt both arts, protecting traditional animation while searching for a way to naturally add CG to it. They're obviously getting better and better at that. And that, is the ideal future of animation.

>Cartoons simplify their designs so that they can animate every scene properly
Motherfucking cartoon network has sections shaming their own QUALITY, believe me I have a cousin who watches that shit.

>Kubo learns how to draw speed lines
Of course Sturgeon's law applies to everything, 100% of a medium can't be shit right?

>America despises and pretends it rejects anime style while copying it for money.
And it also satirizes it, they literally specialize on comedy yet they can't come with anything that aren't cheap jokes, there are exceptions though.

Judging all of comics by the big 2 is like judging all of manga by Naruto/Bleach.

Seriously, fuck emphasis on comics.

Not him, but my problem with american comics is that they are simply boring to look at. They are essentially frames of a movie pasted on paper. There is no movement, no transition between scenes, even in the most action packed situations.
European comics are miles ahead there, but no one reads them and calling everything western comics is silly.

Ah, yes. The wonders of efficiency

No one will argue that Berserk is well animated.

Incorrect. Anime is short for animation, which is not exclusive to cartoons. Not all cartoons are animated, nor are all animations cartoons.

>it's shit on purpose!

This "debate" is retarded. Yes, you could call anime cartoons, but the word 'anime' is easier to say than japanese animation or japanese cartoons. Anime does undeniably differ from american cartoons, so what's wrong with finding a word to categorize it?