Why was the ending so bad?

Why was the ending so bad?

They made Light stupid for some reason. Even when he was cornered there were so many ways out for him. His spare death note paper alone could've saved him if he didn't reveal it like an idiot. The whole scene is just so out of character.

He didn't tell us how to kick.

I think the whole point of the ending was that the Death Note and the power got the best of light. He kinda knew from the start there was no turning back, and his ego got the best of him in the end.

I even managed to fuck it up twice, it's too late at night to be posting, I'm done.

>thinks that a boy genius who knows that Light killed his master would allow him to get away with his watch.
>after Mello died to this trick no less.

There's no possible way they would have let Light out of that warehouse not buck-naked and without a thorough cavity inspection. The anime is not canon.

And he had confessed, and his name wasn't in the notebook. He was done user.

Light made a mistake

It was inevitable

People bitch and moan that it was an OH SO STUPID mistake but that's all it was, just a mistake

Still battin like 900 but kid couldn't hang after being found out and went out like a biiiiitch

Who here hype for the DN movie?

For me it ended when L died. And the ending was amazing. I literally don't care what happens next
This one. For that voice alone

Because light had bullshit plot armor that was often times illogical. Which in turn made him seem a lot smarter and more competent then he really was.

Been years since I read and watched it but I recall finding it dumb because Light was so unbelievably cocky by the end he left a lot of loose ends alone because "lol im fucking Kira" which was pretty fucking stupid. I can see why people hate the ending so much.

It ended with L dying. It got boring from that point.

They should have just stopped after L died.

Black L is questionable, but I'll still give it a chance

Near cheated.

I thought we all agree to stop watching at episode 25?!

But what I liked about this is that neither side made mistakes. L didn't die from a mistake he died because light beat him. Light shouldn't have lost from a mistake, but from near beating him.

I think it was great.

After L died it got really boring, even so I liked the ending.
The manga ending, of course.

Because it had no buildup and relied entirely on stuff happening offscreen, then shown in flashbacks. It's just terrible for a series like this.

Compare that to the end of L - virtually everything building up to it was properly set up and shown to the viewer, the twist didn't need to rely on tricks behind the curtain, but instead was simply about combining all the elements so cleverly, it was a surprise to most people watching.
We see Light abandoning the notebook to prove his innocence. We see him learning about how to kill a death god and how strongly Rem feels for Misa. We see L working his brain and just being suspicious of Light and thus doubting the rule clearing him. And then all the pieces fall together in a great finale.

Compare it to the season finale - this dude went to the bank offscreen and we followed him offscreen and then we switched the notes offscreen and that's why you lost lol.

It was dumb
There was a way out for Light
Plead guilty and pull on the moral superiority of the cops
>you can't condemn me if you kill me, you'll be as bad as me
Then ask his buddies to protect him from Near and call the police force to take him in
Once the police arrives, announce to them you're Kira and have them turn the tables on the cops and Near
Get freed by the cops and teamup with Mikami and Misa for good while being protected by a loyal police force

When fucking Matsuda starts shooting you, I don't think you can make a moral argument.

So Matsuda starts shooting a guy that's confessing?
He only shot Light because Light was writing on the death note piece after raving and going crazy

He shot him because he was full of pent up rage. A moral argument won't work on him.

I wonder, if Light didn't die then what would have happened to him? Would he really go to jail, because what court of law would accept the death note as evidence
How could it have saved him? Not like that paper has space for everyone in the room

Which was only triggered by Light going insane and trying to kill them all by himself

No, the rage came from realizing the person who thought was his friend, the person who lied to his father, someone Matsuda had great respect for, on his deathbed, the person he thought was truly righteouss being Kira all along.

And yet he still didn't shoot until Light tried something
There's a difference between getting mad and shooting

Yeah and I think the worst person in the world trying to make an argument about morals to save his ass would also work as a trigger.

Not enough to shoot him
If he surrenders and just pleads for his life doesn't make Matsuda shoot him
Matsuda didn't even kill him when his own life was at risk

I read the manga but as soon as L died the quality dropped immensely and only slowly started to improve before the end just dying it.

It's not that I even liked L (I guess I did), something just changed.

No shit, it was supposed to end there.