Flip Flappers

Will Yayaka ever Henshin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kzZNWojJjzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dead people can't henshin.

Yes.
I hope.

Episode 10 starts with flashbacks of Cocona and Yayaka's childhood. From the time they met, until they're fight. It switches to a close up of Cocona crying, and zooms out to show her at Yayaka's funeral.

She's not dead
yet

>lets waste an episode with pointless backstory that was covered better in episode 9

Remember the intro, there are three umbrella in the stand. Cocona takes two to rescue Papika and leaves one behind

Yayaka is romantically dead, that is sufficient

Your idea is shit, but I like the idea of a sudden flashforward out of nowhere.

Literally.

Worthless.

She's Mimi.

Don't talk about my tea maker like that.

She makes tea

>only purpose is to serve tea

So she's replaceable?

Can we try getting a cuter girl?

Yayaka's gonna need a girlfriend when she's healthy again. Sayuri'd be perfect.

>Cockona

Why did they made yayaka so much more likable than papika???

Who would be cuter than the cutest girl?

Literally any girl w/o bangs, straight hair, and a flat chest tbqh.

This is what happens when you put the title in the OP.

>same scene
>they play something like this in the background instead
>youtube.com/watch?v=kzZNWojJjzM

What's your reaction?

You mean the selfish girl who wanted to destroy the love between Papika and Cocona so she could maintain the illusion of love between her and Cocona that is completely one sided?

Nope, I don't see it

No.

I'm afraid Yayaka's fate will be worse than death. This is why the staff seems so sympathetic to her.

Sup Forums has a huge problem with flawed characters. Personally I think that makes her more interesting.

Is this allowed in Japan?

More interesting so far, but not more likable.

>everything you said

The fuck? Papika is the selfish one.

Don't get me wrong, I love her as a character. She is just not likable. Papika is likable, she brightness the room when she enters.

Papika is annoying as fuck.

Liking genki girl is not a trait everyone shared do you know that?

>everything she does is for Cocona's happiness
>constantly gets her out of danger and throws herself in front of attacks for her
>comes up with adventures on the spot when Cocona is bored
>builds a fucking space ship out of a pipe just to find her

>selfish

>Papika is annoying as fuck.

Get out

Papika selfish?

When has she ever acted that way? She is forward about her feelings sure, but not selfish. At a moments notice she is willing to risk everything for Cocona, Yayaka on the other hand is always trying to balance KKK with love, trying to have it both

There's no reason to believe Yayaka has a crush on Cocona, stop citing that fanmade chart as proof of anything.

It's just the old "your best buddy you hang out with all the time gets a girlfriend and suddenly they don't have time for you anymore" problem, which is completely relatable - it's just very heightened for drama. Even Yayaka saying "you don't deserve her" hints more at that she (unreasonably) wants someone better for Cocona, not necessarily that she wants to be that someone herself.

Papika apparently has even more issues than Yayaka tho

>no one ships these two anymore

why

What kind carácter development have you seen from papika? She the same fucking archetype of heroine anime girls aloof, lovable, dorky, childish. Papika is not special she's overrated fuck outta here. There is much more potential in Yayaka than papika.

B-but muh yuriship!

>Even Yayaka saying "you don't deserve her" hints more at that she (unreasonably) wants someone better for Cocona, not necessarily that she wants to be that someone herself.

When someone says that it is implicit that the deserving person is the one making the statement.

Its very obvious a love story, the symbolism has been as clear as they can make it. You don't get great conflict without love. You don't fight and die for friends, you fight and die for the person you love.

Why strip out the power of the story? If papika was a guy everyone would say the love is obvious.

Senpai wasn't as important as we expected her to be

I'm with you, but the show has opened the flood gates for yuri shippers with their very obvious romance between two girls. You'll never hear the end of it and we'll never get a confirmation that Yayaka just wanted her as a friend either.

Yeah she has issues like "loving" random chicks that can get her fragments or else Papika is just a useless fuck who can't get to Pure illusion on her own.

They also ruined her.

>You don't fight and die for friends

I fucking hate these kind of people. They think nothing of friendship and everything in shounen mangas are homo in their eyes.

You are about to get huge amounts of development when they dive into the mimi portion of the story. That is going to be the test of their love as they both discover mimi and papikas past

The love between Papika and Cocona is definitely 100% real. I just don't think Yayaka has the hots for Cocona, they're best buds. And that alone is plenty to cause jealousy when you think your buddy's new GF is no good for them.

If that's true I hope Papika develops a fucking personality.

If Flip Flappers is a masterpiece then why does Japan hate it?

fair point, yayaka could just be afraid of the loss of her best friend at the hands of a significant other.

that works perfectly fine

You'll have to explain what the begonias in Yayacoco's flashback mean then. Because the staff said outright that they mean something.

Keep in mind that the western and Japanese flower language tends to be different.

>You don't get great conflict without love.
I'm tired of this shit. Romance has to be in every story nowadays or else the writers are afraid that nobody will care.

>You don't fight and die for friends
Nigga what? Every shonen manga and anime ever has people fighting and sometimes dying for their friends.

>If papika was a guy everyone would say the love is obvious.
It's already obvious. Who's even denying that?

Anime is huge in japan, The popular stuff is usually shit, just like tv shows in america.

The real gems are always underappreciated

I hope she's not hyper genki retarded anymore.

I hope that persona is just something programmed into her.

Then I might be able to like her.

Japan doesn't hate it. I don't know where this meme came from. There are flip flap fans there just as there are here but it's not a popular show.

If you absolutely must explain that, it could mean she had a big crush on her back then, take note that they're hiding out in a huge field of begonias. But in the present that is reduced to a small potted plant, a mere shadow of what it used to be.

>I'm tired of this shit. Romance has to be in every story nowadays or else the writers are afraid that nobody will care.

I don't know how to tell you this but romance has always been a huge part of stories. Its not that the writers just throw it in. Its a huge part of the human condition.

> Every shonen manga and anime ever has people fighting and sometimes dying for their friends.

Nothing wrong with that, but when things are elevated to romantic love you bring more power to the story. The loss of your lover, for example, is more powerful then the loss of your friend.

It makes for better drama

So what the actual fuck happened to Cocona that magically improve her eyesight ?

PI, one world effects another. Its the same thing with the artist and her memories. Reality changed based on what happened in PI

She caught yuri

Relevant.

I think she will get less childlike and more serious at times but the hyper genki retard will always be strong in Papika. (as it should be)

This has been hapenning anyway as the series progresses, but recovering her memories should accelerate the change.

>became a rabbit in episode 2
>eyesight magically improves

it's possible

I don't think any user is able to explain this at this time.

She's a hipster that only wears them for show.

She's far sighted and only needed her glasses for reading or examining things closely(like bu's brain). She remembers that they were cracked so maybe seeing them fixed the next morning kind of freaked her out.

I also think that guy is exaggerating and you can perfectly go die for a buddy, but the key here is that during the whole episode they've been hitting us with one sided love flowers. It's not the first time they use flower language to highllight a character's feelings like pic related . The staff is cool with answering all sorts of questions so maybe a jap will ask them. Though given how they use flowers symbolism in animu all the time I don't think they have these sort of doubts and rather ask them if Toto has a penis.

Guarantee she will wear it again in the final episode once they resume their daily lives and the conflict is resolved. Like a throwback to the start.

She doesn't need them.

Seriously why was Cocona being such a bitch because of Papika's brain problems? And why does she hate carrots? Jesus fuck she ruined the episode

Well there you go

She might also worry that Papika would risk her life again to retrieve them like she did in the first episode.

I hope Yayaka dies, then we don't have to deal with Yayakafags anymore

5-6 things can be fixes easily if Cocona would just calm her clam and ask Papika normally.

Now that I think of it, it is possible that Cocona really is the one Papika wanted to meet, and the whole Mimi thing is but a result of Papika's mental state degradation as she explores Pure Illusion with another partner.

>I don't think they have these sort of doubts and rather ask them if Toto has a penis.

The real question is why do toto and yuyu outfits have zippers directly on the bottom of the crotch? Do you really need easy access in a skin tight outfit?

They'd just start foaming at the mouth and attack Papika even harder. The few that bought the show would probably cancel their orders, too.

I really like yuri and find it wherever I can but this never seemed yuri to me until I opened an Sup Forums thread, what the fuck. You are why people hate us.

Or maybe just made it papimimi / cocoyaya so we can all shake hands.

I want to flip Yayaka's flaps.

Crush doesn't work out for whatever reason and they stay good friends, but Papika's arrival makes all those old feelings bubble up again.

Makes sense.

Is there a comprehensive list of possible owners of each PI that appeared in the show?

Fair enough, I'd call that a valid interpretation.

I still think the huge field is more relevant to the events which the flashback is adding meaning to, namely Yayaka's persecution of Papika (it's not really a fight). But that's all opinions.

Animators just did that for the lolz. happened every time in anime.

From the previous thread

Her flaps are already spoken for.

Will we ever know what happened to Cocona after the KKK knocked her out at the end of episode 1?

grandma took her home, and watched her sleep

Most likely, but this is the mystery I'm most worried they won't get to solving because it was so far back and was never referenced again.

That's disturbing.

Good morning Cocona. What's the matter? Did you have a bad dream?

So you think Cocona's granny is a KKK spy?
Well buckle up anons, cause I've got some specula that's gonna flip your fucking flaps.

Granny's real name is Papikana.
She was Mimi's partner. Salt cloned her in a plot to get his waifu back. Meanwhile Papikana has disguised herself and watched over Mimi's daughter until she was old enough to take on the threat to Pure Illusion herself.

I love these guys. Hope there'll be more of them in the preview tomorrow.

reasonable

Grandma where's your kkk hood ?

If that's your criteria then you should be obsessed with the fact that Buu-chan's only spoken line was also his first appearance in the middle of episode 1.

>that sexy kkk with alluring eyelashes in the back

All he said was "Pure Illusion", it's reasonable to think that's all he can say (the noises he otherwise makes are "pyu pyu", the first syllable of that).

>Good morning, Cocona, Papika. Did you sinners have a bad dream? Please keep telling the neighbors you are cousins until I die.

The KKK are simply the ruling class they run the hospital as well, Cocona lives in a dystopia.

The important mystery regarding bu-chan is who his brain actually belonged to and what he was created for.

And yeah come to think of it now they may not ever answer this at all seeing that he's just been comedy relief so far.

>implying Granny doesn't already have hidden cameras installed all over Cocona's room in case Papika ever comes over

Papika should stop bullying Uexküll.

Officially best pairing