Dorohedoro

Just started this and its pretty fun. But i have a question: does the story wrap, or it has an open ending?

It's not even over yet m8

It's not over yet.

Everything is a millenia long plot by the original Devil to make a friend in the form of a mass of hatred and vengence towards magic users given humanoid form.

Patiently awaiting volume 19 dump to resume.

EVERY.
SINGLE.
THING.
IS EXPLAINED.
SATISFACTORILY.

(what the man in the throat says is less important than who he is)

How are supposed to know, it hasn't ended yet
Hayashida has given a good explanation for everything so far though
Except I still don't know why the Boss has 8 heads right before he puts on the devil suit and it's really bothering me

Everything makes sense even if wouldn't believe that.

I completed volume 19 dump yesterday, check the archive.

Dammit.

it's not finished yet
but it's wrapping up and explaining the biggest mysteries rn

Sorry about that, but while we're talking about dumps, would you guys like if I storytimed Q. Hayashida's first work Maken X sometime in the future?

I'd be down

There will be a new artbook coming out with volume 20. Reminder we still haven't the scans of the first one except some pages.

I'd love it if you did. Storytimes are much more enjoyable than reading on your own because you get to discuss things as they are happening with people.

Meant the first databook, we do have the first artbook.

so there was a dump

im always late to the party

does the story have a final villain or not? just wondering

Yeah

If this is your first time reading Dorohedoro you might want to know there is an official soundtrack.

By volume 20, do you mean Viz's English edition of volume 20?

oh fuck, thats good to know

i was using jap covers of local rock bands as a soundtrack

No I mean the jap edition which already came out.

Do you think that Haru will go home with Haze now that she's back to being a sorcerer?

Yes.

>that spoiler
need to get back on that gravy train, but I forgot where I last jumped off.

Just reread.

I should write Viz a letter then. They publish side materials for their other properties don't they?

If I am not mistaken Viz did not publish the artbook that came out with volume 16 in the jap edition so I doubt they will publish the other one either.

Of course.

Everyone dies.

>Q. un-Kaneko'd the characters
How am I supposed to enjoy it now

She eventually developed her own style.

i kinda assumed that from the setting

i love the artstyle even if it is a little messy, makes all girls look really cute, even if they are big af

Did someone say big girl?

ANIME NEVER EVER

And I'm very grateful for that.

That's fine, don't want to risk it going the Berserk route

Good. Adaptations make threads here unbearable.

As far as i know it wasn't intentional

God, I love this manga.

Adaptions often change the pace of the panels/scenes other than I had imagined it when reading. Mostly for padding the length. So I mostly stay away from adaptions.

I miss Aikawa.

Same dude

has Q.Hayashida said anything about what she (he?) is going to do after Dorohedoro?

also if this were to be picked up for an OVA (because god know a full series couldn't do it justice), which studio would you want to do the animation?

I miss the boss.

What made Tetsujo so thirsty for Dokuga?

In order of best to worst:
Kaiman > Aikawa > Kai > Ai > Hole
Prove me wrong. You can't.

>implying i know who they are by their name
>implying i know who most of them are at all
Having weak memory and reading DRD is confusing.

Anyway Kaiman will always be the best.

Why would I prove you wrong when I agree? Also now that he's an actual lizard man and not some mutant human transformed through magic does Kaiman still have his magic resistance?

Can anybody post good fanart? I never find good ones

Maybe not. The whole reason he was resistant to magic in the first place was because he had both Risu's and Ebisu's magic working on him, so he might be more vulnerable now that it's only Ebisu's magic.
That'd probably be a good explanation for why Asu's magic could teleport him out of the department store in the most recent chapter

Bestest girl of all time by far

They're childhood friends

I prefer Noi and Haru but she's great. So many best girls, so many best boys.

the smuggiest panda

Is Ebisu's magic even working on him anymore technically? Afterall, he was regrown from the lizard head exposed to healing magic and is not the original body. He's his own being now.

>Noi and Shin
>those 3
>Haru and the doc
>Kaiman and Nikaido
>the whole Ai shenanigans
Looking back at it Dorohedoro has mostly top tier relationships
Also that cat is the bestest too

I remember the part where Shin and Noi fought the Cross-eyes, the whole cast is so lovable I didn't know who to root for.

I'd say it's still working on him. It's almost certain he was somehow restored with Noi's magic which just restores the user's body to its normal state, so I wouldn't necessarily assume it's an entirely new and different body for him. He's still Aikawa with a lizard head, this time he just doesn't have an evil being that exists purely to kill all magic users inside of him. The only reason I can think of that this head didn't revert back to a normal human one is that Nikaido went back in time to grab it and skipped over the point in time where Ebisu died when she traveled back to the future with it..

"i just hope [character] doesn't die this chapter" is a recurring thought while reading it

Damn, I was reading the first chapters and that was quite a change of art. Kaiman looked more like a velociraptor than a caiman and Nikaido still looked like a punkish Cibo.

the story is wrapping up nicely. A surprising amount of stuff has been foreshadowed.

seemed more like he was interested in it because it is the only form of life in his universe that he wasn't responsible for creating. The "cross" were just the currency the ancient humans used.

P-Please tell me she is coming back... ;_;

Her devil got sacrificed. I think she's dead.

Same here. Adaptations are mostly trash, except for sometimes giving us a good post.

Did he create humans?

No but they're even weaker and less interesting than magic users.

hence the whole reason for the story happening the way it is.

Fuggg

Why is this so good

It's funny, the setting is unique, the characters are likable, the action is cool

It's basically the plot of Planescape Torment in a more modern setting without all the extraneous D&D shit weighing it down.

Even though death has essentially been trivialized with Noi and Judas' Ear, I doubt it

>Judas' Ear
Who?

Kikurage

It's such a wild ride I'm impressed they're actually wrapping it up...

And unlike say Bleach foreshadowing here is the real deal. I think the author had a plan from the beginning to do this. I think he got distracted by that whole En/Anti-Magic plot for a while since it was probably selling well but now we're back on track.

Wait, why does the original devil hate magic users? I thought he was indifferent to them and humans in general.

>he

I read it for the first time a while ago but it becomes a bit of a clusterfuck towards the end. I'm going to reread it all when it's finished because reading a new chapter only once a month makes it hard to follow

The day I care about Authors or Voice Actors or Actors in General is the day I die.

He made them and grew bored and dissapointed in them. He's basically just bored and looking for entertainment/something new that he himself didn't make. That's why he originally took an interest in humans and loves Hole so much.

It's like, imagine the only books you'll ever read or games you'll ever play or shows you'll ever watch are made by you or directly based on things you made. And then by chance, you discover there's another book or game or show out there you didn't make or take part in creating and therefore don't know how it will go. It's shitty, but it has potential to be interesting eventually. That's Magic users/Artificial Devils vs Humans/Hole to him.

>but it becomes a bit of a clusterfuck towards the end
Seems like that, but everything does get explained nicely

Ah ok, clearly this came out in the newest chapters because I don't remember this being touched on. Last I recall he was leading a line of devils into Hole and they stopped for lunch.

It's still in its final arc and it's pretty much wrapping up. There aren't many loose ends so far nor dropped plotlines.

Yeah, after the lunch he explained the universe's backstory, which was mostly just him fucking around.

Basically long ago he created the magic users, then he discovered the human world, and the magic users went over and wiped out ALL the humans.

ALL OF THEM. the magic users left NOT ONE alive.

Them sometime later he returned to the human world and found Hole, the big slimey gunge thing at the center of the human world where all the bodies from the slaughter had lain and then at some point later he visited the place again and there were people around it again. This time the magic users were less bloodthirsty than the first time around and magic users, devils and humans existed in the uneasy equilibrium they had at the start of the series.

Note that he's not actually angry at the magic users for wiping out the humans the first time round, nor does he hate magic users, he's just very old, very powerful and very bored.

And he wants to make friends with the unstoppable being of rage and vengeance that has formed out of Hole, which he sees as an equal unlike magic users, humans or the other lesser devils he made out of magic users.

There are still some loose ends, like how exactly Nikaido's time travel works, who the fuck is Death and what's his/her purpose and the subplot with that girl with the panda mask that has conection with the hole.

I think Death was a temporary joke character

>tfw got my friend reading Dorohedoro and refusing to explain anything to him until he catches up

OP here, im so glad i made this thread, but i wont read any of it because fuck spoilers.

I put the blame entirely on myself.

The author should've never drawn naked women. They all looked like shit.

the art style is very similar to battle angel alita too.

whoa! is she the main girl? would be a good thing if she is.

Not quite, but she's pretty prominent

Just caught up. For a series that seemed so much of a clusterfuck intitally, this sure made most, if not every thing clear.
doctor and haru best couple

>not Shin and Noi

>Not Ebisu and Fujita

Is Fujita a pedo?