Would you buy anime if the prices were more reasonable?

Would you buy anime if the prices were more reasonable?

What prices?

much, much more reasonable, and actually available? Yeah.
I'd also expect good quality subs without weird censorship and yank-localization.

I'd buy merch if it was directly available

You're supposed to buy anime? Fucking gooks trying to steal our moniez REEEEEEEEEEE

Yes.
At the moment I buy soundtracks and official translations instead.

Depends on what you plan to buy, i don't think anyone is willing to pay for a solid copy of a show that isn't outdated

If we all bought anime, would it bring the prices down?

No because you'd be willing to pay their prices.

Probably.

I could take the prices if they made it more available. Right now you have to pay a ton to import or go through a proxy. I've passed up a few things because I couldn't afford all that extra cost.

Probably more likely. 60 bucks plus shipping for 2 episodes is fucking bullshit, even then buying those sets, they won't even ship you the bonus or the box.
Looking at you Mob Psycho 100

There's a business tactic called yielding which can be very effective. Basically it works under the principal that if something is a low enough price, consumers are much more likely to think about buying it on impulse, even if they aren't particularity interested in it. And this way companies can make more than having products at a fixed higher price.

I'm not sure what the landscape of the otaku type industry is like, but it could possibly benefit from cheaper pricing.

Certainly, if it were available in my country (preferably through online ordering or streaming) at a reasonable price I'd buy anime and anime merch. It only makes sense to support those who make things I love.

I only buy anime-series, when I think it's worth the money...

If it cost less to ship then I would have no problems.

I would certainly buy manga if it were cheaper in my country. But I can't pay 15-20€ for it.

Cut BD prices in half and I'm a buyer.

I'd buy more physical media if it were cheaper and there were some kind of model like gog for purchasing digital downloads (in lieu of streaming, and drm free with no hassle) in addition to physical media. I've lost too many old discs to bit rot.

Also, what this user said I won't pay nip prices for most media as they're ridiculous, but prices in the US for licensed physical media aren't terrible.

Yeah. Anime ownership now isn't about seeing a show, that's easy and free. It's about buying a package that's worth owning. I skipped those limited edition Patlabor movie sets, because while they were cheap as fuck and came with a lot, why bother with DVDs when the BluRay exists.

I don't know. I probably would have done it if I still had time watching them but I'm too busy nowadays so I just lurk on Sup Forums occasionally just to see what's on air at the time.

Yes, i would pay $10-20 per season tops.

Fuck $60-$100 for 2 Episodes?
You crazy.