ITT: things you thought before you became knowledgeable in anime/manga

ITT: things you thought before you became knowledgeable in anime/manga

I used to think Arale was a character in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and that it was about a biker dude who rode a motorcycle traveling with his little girl side kick.

I used to think Gintama and Rurouni Kenshin were the same series.

I thought One Piece was drawn by the same mangaka as Rave Master.

I thought Rei was best girl but in fact Kaworu is

I thought Madoka was Precure

I used to think bleach and inuyasha were the same series.

I used to think Medaka and Madoka were in the same universe.

I used to think metathreads weren't garbage.

I used to think there are smart people on Sup Forums except me.

I thought Railgun and Index were two completely separate things with the occasional slight shoutout, Railgun being a thing with a futuristic setting and all scientific (and involving actual railguns), and Index being set in some medieval world or something.

I thought all the anime that I watched on French Canadian television were either made there or American, just translated into French. Astro Boy was also a show that my parents didn't want me to watch ever for reasons I doubt they even remember, Sure backfired on them. haha.

I used to think Arale and Goku interacted more than a few one-off crossovers

I thought the Straw Hats don't actually go to the grand line until the New World.

I thought Gohan was Goku's dad because I saw Goten next to him all the time, and I heard that Goku was raised by a guy named Gohan.

I also started reading JoJo before I knew that there was an anime, and thought that people were referring to the OVAs.

I actually thought this too.

I used to think Bleach was for faggots.

I still do, but I used to too.

I used to think Bleach looked interesting until I actually watched an episode

I didn't know there were two Piccolos. When I saw King Piccolo and heard about his wish to turn young, I thought that he'd eventually turn good. When I saw his cheekbones stay sharp, I thought it was an artstyle thing and he'd lose them later on.

I thought Cowboy Bebop was a good anime

I thought all gundam shows were part of the same timeline.

I thought Astro Boy was the first ever anime.

I once thought Sup Forums would forever remain full of quality...oh how wrong I was.

I used to think Naruto was the magnum Opus of anime. Although, it was mainly because middle schooler me liked the world building.