I've never watched Sailor Moon before and I know pretty much nothing about it, but I want to get into it...

I've never watched Sailor Moon before and I know pretty much nothing about it, but I want to get into it. There's a bunch of versions available and I want to know what the best/most definitive sailor moon experience is for a first time viewer. The original series? Sub or dub? What about Sailor Moon Crystal?

also sailor moon thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=820594
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would go for either the original anime subbed or go for the manga. Recommend against starting with Sailor Moon Crystal or the Live Action for your first experience of sailor moon.

Watched almost no dubs here but have seen some of the original sailor moon dub. Would recommend against watching that one just because there is a lot of major changes with at one point at least a whole episodes cut and mixed together. People have said there is some redub of it that has been released more recently which uses the original footage so imagine that would be your best choice for the dub. Personally I would go for it subbed in original Japanase then you get the original voice acting and everything.

Damn, that's frustrating. I really like the English dub, but I dont want to have stuff cut out or censored. Is there no uncensored full English release?

The new Viz dub is uncut but is still in progress and is only up to first half of S.

Would you still consider that better than the OG dub? I know the original japanese is probably the best option overall but the english voice acting is pretty good in both dubs from what I can see.

Both dubs are absolute dogshit, but the newer one is mercifully uncut. The older dub is just a bastardization of the series which is only fondly remembered by dumb nostalgiafags and dubfags who don't know any better.

Blows the old ones away, no question. No censorship, music replacements, name/music changes, or fucking around with the script with anachronistic slang, of course. The VAs for the new dub own their roles, too. particularly Usagi/moon and Makoto/jupiter. If you're watching it dubbed, the Viz redubs are your only choice Especially when they eventually get to the final season, Stars, for the first time ever.

Alright. Thanks for the info, I'll check out the VIZ redub probably.

OP is underaged. Anyone who was born in the 80s or early 90s watched Sailor Moon when it debuted on western cable networks. For OP to not have heard of Sailor Moon he must have been born in the year 2000. Which would make him 16 years old. You must be 18 years or older to browse Sup Forums. Requesting an underage ban.

>fondly remembered by dumb nostalgiafags
There's nothing wrong with nostalgiafaggotry but I don't know of any dubfags who think the original dub was good.

Here's your reply.

I never said I'd never heard of it. Just never sat down to watch any of it growing up. I thought I was way too cool when I was younger to ever consider watching this

>even considering a dub
If you want everything to be as Americanized as possible then just go watch Steven Universe.

> I thought I was way too cool when I was younger to ever consider watching this
All boys thought they were too cool to watch it but secretly did and masturbated to it. You must have been too young to fap back then.

Shit you finally caught me I never learned how

Reminder that it is Sailor Jupiter's birthday today!

read the doujins first

shit

happy bday my girl

just borrow hulu or netflix account from your siblings / family member / friends, then sit back and enjoy bingewatching this it in glorious 1080p subbed

>What about Sailor Moon Crystal?

forget that season 1 and season 2 ever existed cause quality is 3DCG

you're better off reading manga that covered crystal season 1 and 2, season 3 is where you should start watching anime because superior animation

I wonder if she got that All new 2017 Ford Fusion she wanted.

Sailor Moon isn't on Netflix.

Or you could cut your teeth and stop being a newfag.
BunnyHat raws, SMC subtitles, best quality combination.

>see Sailormoon legs
>subconsciously rub penis
I love Sailormoon

Especially the ones created by Black Dog.

Anyone know where I can find the Viz dub? All I've been able to find was the old dub, and Usagi's voice makes me want to vomit, I swear I thought it was supposed to be Luna at first. Nostalgia did not age it well.

The original series
Sub

This is so fucking true

>tfw used to go to school and talk with all the boys about how we watched the latest DBZ episode
>really barely half payed atention to DBZ because was too busy jerking it to sailor moon

Is the Sailor Moon live action worth watching? I've watched all of the original, all of Crystal, and read all of the manga + Sailor V and side stories. The live action is basically the only Sailor Moon content I've left undiscovered. Yes, or no?

Watch the sub, and use a filler guide to get through the original series until Ikuhara starts directing

Happy birthday, best girl!

I bought the DVDs of everything released so far.

Only Season 1 is on nyaa, though. Aussie release that uses the delicious Italian remastered video, too. Some other guy had uploaded the first half of R with the Viz dub some time ago, but deleted it.
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=820594

Happy birthday.
Venus is better than you.

I could stare into those eyes forever

Why tomboys are so best?

>Not appreciating the fun of having a crazy, campy Canadian rewrite of Sailor Moon with sassy female Zoicite, an all round great Jupiter and original insert songs

Original Series R2 DVD rips with SMC subs.

I... I liked the Viz Redub

>any show made before the year 2004
>people still obsess over the dub

Nostalgia is a hellva drug.

Dunno, but Jupiter is nice exception with long hair and breasts, yet still being a legit tomboy.