Okay I just finished reading Blame and i loved every second of it...

Okay I just finished reading Blame and i loved every second of it. I remember seeing a post in a thread about Nihei that summarized Blame really well for anyone who didn't understand certain things going on, could someone please post that?

Other urls found in this thread:

randomisgod.com/blame/Artbook82.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no you didn't

you're just being pretencious.

Blame is shit.

cmon thats not very nice

Was it this?

I forget where i left off, but i'm reading blame slowly. This is the only manga that i actually feel exhausted from reading, since so much is going on.

yea thats it thanks buddy

Now read Biomega.

Cant fucking wait to man!
Does it share the same universe as blame?

Nah, it goes in an entirely different direction. Instead of technology, it's all zombies, space plagues, and flesh monsters. And bears.

As the other guy says, it's separate.
But Nihei's works usually have some common elements with the same names. Toa Heavy Industries, Gauna, Graviton Beam Emitter, Megastructure, etc.

Somewhat like Lovecraft's stories, with reoccurring elements.

I've read through the manga about four times and it gets better every time.

A large part of the confusion that most readers experience can be blamed on the incoherentness of the first couple of volumes where a lot of ideas are brought up but later gets dropped, never to be addressed again.

The manga really picks up during volume 3 so don't give up on it before reading it through.

I've avoided reading other peoples interpretation such as because Blame is (imo) meant to be interrupted by the reader. The manga rewards readers who pay attention to details, details which explains events sometimes several volumes back.

All in all it's one of my favorite manga and nothing has really given me the same feeling I had while reading Blame. Also the art is gr8.

even this page reminds me of the weird dreamy feeling I had whenever I read it late at night in case I couldnt sleep. fucking Nihei man, he gets you the same way Lynch does, except on an even more violent and visceral level (considering there's almost zero dialogue in a good amount of his books, and the rest is walking though and blowing up surrealist landscapes)

Thats a good way to put it actually.
I only ever read it at night while listening to some ambient synth stuff, i think it really made the experience that much better for me and will stick with me for a long time

It's also good not to read explanations like that one, because there is some stuff that was invented by the author to fill the blanks. It's correct for most part, but some details are misleading.

This is a christian board. Please watch your language.

>blam
>reading

randomisgod.com/blame/Artbook82.html
This is better.

Even though it isn't, I still like to pretend Biomega is a prequel to Blame!

Also read everything by Nihei except for Sidonia.

Sidonia's still got some good stuff, even if it is watered down for mainstream appeal.

Space penis was a mistake.

>dat Dyson Sphere

Finally a Blame thread. I haven't ended it, but it's do damn good. I read fine reviews saying it was a sloppy mess, but nothing that paying attention can't do.

All the monster s are brutal.

>no AI cutie leader scientist to take care of you

Is it really that good?
I've read everything but it and was disappointed with almost everything except the art.

The scifi ideas are neat too though.

>read
There's your problem. You don't read Blame!, you watch it.

wtf are you talking about?

I thought that Killy was a cyborg? Does that count as human in Blame! world?

even a memory inside a pendrive is still human in Blame. Except sillycoone. They want to abandon humanity, so GBE to the face for them. Though latter the system forgive them

So what exactly is the Net Gene, some gene encoded artificially in humans as a password to access the Net?

And the Net is just like sending your consciousness to some mega Blame! level internet to access data and shit?

Also how the fuck do safeguards materialize out of nowhere? Are they materialized fron the nanomachines in the air, or is the Blame! world in a Net and theres a Net in the Net like the Matrix?

He enjoys looking at the pretty pictures.

I loved that part.

I think that's what the Net Gene did. They need it to stop the place from expanding all the time.

And iirc the safeguards would come out of the Megastructure material that was everywhere.

I think net gene is just normal human gene without mutation or artificial tempering. Which means you're shit out of luck to find one in the megastructure.

There is common elements and technologies throughout all his works. It's best to think of them as alternate timelines to the same universe.